The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WWX Agatha Christie themed SIGN_UP

That's right. I'm looking for 10 active players, so if you think you wont be able to play, let the spot to someone else.

This game will be shaped upon Agatha Christie's "Ten little niggers" (And then they were none) infamous novel.

So the game will be set in 1936, on a lone resort island off Great-Britain.

While being familiar to Agatha Christie's world will help, it's definatly not a prerequisite. So, without further ado, here's the rule that'll be applied in this game.

• There will be only one Wolf and the Seer. No Baner.

• The first play before the first kill will last for 72 hours, devided in three parts. I want to give players more time to roleplay their character as I'll ask them to be a bit more fleshed out than the usual WW char.

• Players will determine which other player will be killed by PMing their vote to me. The voting will occur during the last 24 hours of the initial 72 hours of play. Whom will get the most vote will die.

• Roles will be attributed after the initial kill and night phase will happen.

• Then, the game will proceed with usual day and night phase.

Characters can come from any background, from the maid to the millionaire with anything like nurse, lawyers, old woman, general, etc. Don't forget about your character's name.

Also, I would like that each and single players provide me with the following information:

- You killed or contributed to someone's death in the past. I would like to have the name of your victim, the date it occured, a brief description of the victim and the relationship you had with the victim and the circumstances of her death. You had to think out the consequence this death left to you.

Example of what I'd would like to have:

Victim's name: Jonathan Webster Raleigh

Date of his death: April 24 1928

Description: He was a 23 year old cadet. (Physical description is optionnal)

Relationship with the victim: Fellow army pal

Circumstances of his death: Drank with me in a tavern. I was driving him back to the base when I lost control of the vehicule and crash. Jonny died from a fatal headwound.

Consequences: This is optionnal but it could goes that, I've been tried to the this death is still fresh in my memory.

Anyhow, feel free to PM me if you need help regarding any aspect of your character.

List of players:

1. Dragonqueen (Adelaide Welsh - Rich eccentric heir and artist)

2. Salinye (Claudia VanCluesan-Millionnaire widow socialite)

3. Katzaniel (Victoria Baker - Widow of a politician)

4. Mira (Flats Landon)

5. Ozymandias (William Christopher Horton the fifth - Party goer and British Oil Baron)

6. Vahktang (Tom Butler - politician)

7. Elwen (Lady Melia Darshiva)

8. Tanuchan (Anna Raven - Governess)

9. Cryptomancer (Luke Jesson- Vagrant Jack of all Trades)

10. Degenero Angelus

Game will start on August 25 at 4:00 PM EST

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the initial kill, do we continue to send our votes via PM?

How much of our character's history is to be revealed immediately?

Is there anything of the setting that you can reveal?

Is it better or worse if our characters have "history" with other characters?

And... when do we start, and how much is it going to matter if I need to be away for four days at the very end of August? Can I designate someone to take over my role at that time, perhaps? (If I'm still alive..)

You already know that I'd really like to be in on this one. I haven't read that particular book, but I have read Agatha Christie books. I will ponder on a character and send you the info when I can.

Edit: PS, Celes, can you post general info about already signed-up characters when you get the info, so that we can try to make dissimilar chars?

Edited by Katzaniel

Katz: After the initial kill all the following voting will be the usual public voting.

I'd reveal as little as possible from what you sent to me at first. However, depending upon how the game will evolve, feel free to reveal more details.

As long as there's another player who agrees playing with you, it's fine. You can even share the responsability of someone's death or having a skeleton in your closet that your spouse is unaware of while he's having a dark secret as well.

Well, the game will start as early as possible but in case you'll be away and that your character is still alive, you can name a replacent or I could possibly take your spot for these four days.

I guess I'm sort of wondering if we can wait until Monday (~9 days away)? I'm going to see my brother, and while he has internet, I'm planning on doing some visiting too. :P

It shouldn't be a problem, especially if the first day is 72 hours, but if it only ends up meaning that we wait another day or two from your initial plans, then I thought you should at least know about it. I guess it will be largely determined by how quickly we can fill the last spots, huh?

Ozy/Mira/ any other males that come in: There is a male in my character's life that I think it would be great if someone could play. Should you be having trouble coming up with a character, consider it! I'd send you the basic info you needed, and you could expand it from there.

If you delay the beginning, I believe Vahktang will be able to be in - if there are still free spots. He had PMd me at the end of last game, saying he'd be out of town and without internet access for some days.

Just a little FYI ;)

As I said in the Q+A thread, I'll be in if needed, otherwise I'll sit this out and watch your fun! :flower:

Edited by Tanuchan

If you delay the beginning, I believe Vahktang will be able to be in - if there are still free spots. He had PMd me at the end of last game, saying he'd be out of town and without internet access for some days.

Just a little FYI ;)

As I said in the Q+A thread, I'll be in if needed, otherwise I'll sit this out and watch your fun! :flower:

Indeed yes, I will be available by then and would love to play.

Nicky Holiday here.

Younger brother of Lady Holiday.

Reconteur, man about town, snappy dresser, without a dime to his name.

Life of the party.

"Anybody for tennis?"

(hope I make the cut)

Edited by Vahktang

Yay! Spots! *looks overjoyed, because she can play at last*

Lady Melia Darshiva...a very, very noted beauty. My first time...attempting, anyway...playing a seductive character. *falls over and dies* *sarcasm* I really wonder what her crime was?

For those who already send me their characters in PM, it's not too late to change it. If you feel that your character is a tadbit similar to someone else's, it's not to late to change.

Also... I'd really want character from middle and lower classe as upper class is widly represented. ;)

Well, as the filling of last spots seem a bit slow, I guess I'll play... :P

** Anna Raven, young governess to an upper-class family.

Would any of the upper-class lords/ladies in the game need a governess? :)

Lady Celes, do you need any other info besides what I've PMd you?

~Tanny