The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf IX (OOC)

Tanuchan

Well, my first question is: Who's modding it?

I think the first candidate is Jamz ... any word from you?

I really would like the mod to step in asap, so this thread can move on to be the official sign up.

~Tanny

Oh, I'm probably in ;)

And I'll be modding WW X.

EDIT:

MTYFoolish is modding this game, and the details are in his post - look below. Come and play, everybody!!

Edited by Tanuchan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will play but as far as being a Mod. in RL when I mod it tends to go real fast. No theme just who died and then day phase, then night phase, repeat as needed.

Besides I need to finish my summer session of school before I even think about trying on the moderator pants.

I'd be willing to step in as MOD, I think im next on the list as it is. I have 2 different ideas for place setting.

One was a suggestion someone else made earlier. Everyone had a lot of fun with the highschool setting but sadly it ended in record time with each wolf being killed one right after another. Because some people wanted to continue with their characters, it was suggested we do it again except now have all new roles (i.e. werewolf and seers) and now we're all seniors so some has changed but a lot is still the same. So thats one option.

My other idea is simialiar in some ways. Everyone has had characters they enjoyed playing from other games as well as the high school. So we could just throw them all into one game. Pick your favorite character from any of the werewolf games (Even if they died) and we'll throw them all together in some crazy setting, im thinking an airplane. New comers can just make up a new crazy one. Personally I'll be playing the role of Kinjiru-San the Ninja from Werewolf II for my MOD character. So thats another option.

Thoughts?

I'll be in this game as well and I do have the theme settled for my game but I could let MTYF modding this one. ;)

About MTYF's suggestion:

Option 1: Sounds fun but am I not too eager to pull off Tiffanny again. My brain hurted each time I wrote a reply because I have too check it, to see if it's not intelligent. Stupidity hurts.

Option 2: I do like it. It'll be interesting to see how Elisabeth Christie will behave in an high-school settings. I was a bit torned between Elisabeth and Yumi but the Kitsune already have a spin-off of her own (which reminds me that I'll need to write the last installements sooner or later). Therefore, I wonder how a snobbish Brit gambler will fare in this context. ;)

Love your ideas, MTYF! :D

I'm in, whatever is chosen... :flower:

Option 1: Yeah, playing Arielle was fun and I'd do it again. And Lady C, I really loved your Tiff... are you sure you can't do it again? Maybe some of us can help you to think about non-smart answers...

Option 2: That's a difficult one... I really liked many of my characters. I'll have to choose between Arielle, Amanda and Tanny (the barmaid from WW I). By the way, no problem if the character was previously a wolf, I suppose? (And please, don't try lynching me thinking I'll be again one :P)

This is going to be fun!

By the way, MTYF: If I can suggest a setting for the second option, you could make it just a reunion of characters (so, a party)... or, now that I'm thinking, how about a kind of Masked Ball? It would explain all the different characters being together. :)

Edited by Tanuchan

I agree that the high school one ended too fast.

Wanted a restart on that one.

New characters?

Old characters (new roles)?

And I like the masked ball one.

Going for my samurai character.

Liked the guy.

Dragonqueen: What about "Pepe le Pew"? :D

Tanny: Thank you. :) You see, Tiff is one character to take in small doses. I can pull her off again, I just need to train my brain with the strains. But for your enjoyements and mine (afterwards) I'll do it. ;)

I did lihe how you played Tanny. ;)

BTW: Nice write up of the Garnavon Hall case. Do you still think of making an epilogue? If so, I'll can help you with it in anyway you wish. ;)

Thanks, Lady C :)

Indeed, I have just posted the epilogue for the Case of Garnavon Hall and your last post in the game was perfect to set the mood for it.

I'm glad that you're thinking about playing Tiff again! But I do think we'll go for the "Masked Ball" this time... :P

Dragonqueen: I agree with Lady C, Pepe le Pew was great! :D

Lady C: You know the high school is supposed to be like 4 years later. Tiff couldve changed a lot in that time, she could have gone from ditzy cheerleader to real brainiac.

In fact none of the characters have to be the exact same as they were in thier stories, things change we all know this. People might have had some life changing experiences that affect the way they look at things. Also ex-Werewolves aren't nessicarily werewolves anymore, that all depends on the luck of the draw. Who knows, maybe Tanny will be the good guy this time.

Anywayz im definitely seeing more interest in the second "masked ball" option. I dont want to start yet because we dont have that many players yet but we will start before too long.

So far I have a list of:

Lady Celes Crusader

Tanuchan

Vahktang

dragonqueen

DeanTheAdequate

Katzaniel

Definitely not enough so we'll wait for more

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

Gee whiz, getting put into lists when I say I'm not in, getting left out when I say I am... :P

Foolish, I'm in on this one. Not gonna drop out just cause Jamz isn't modding. ;)

I would love a chance at playing Jaqui again, and I think I would do so either way. Although, in the high school setting she will be a lot less bitter now that Arianne will have some influence in her life. I'd have to think on whether I want to play her as she was at the start or end of it for the ball, since I didn't get much chance to play her.

Cat was another one that I wouldn't mind another crack at, if we get too many of the highschool chars (although it doesn't look like we will).

As long as we are doing high school, I think that the next scenario would lend itself to:

High School Reunion.

5 years after.

We're out of college, on our way up the job track, burgening families.

But still close enough that old rivalries and jealousies can rear their ugly heads.

Or

10 years after

Youthful exurberience is almost gone. Families are established. Marriage and kids are around.

But all wounds fester a long time.

Or

20 years after.

Only the most deepest hurts remain. We are all on our second wind, or spiraling down to our demises.

This one could be fun, too.

What say you all?

Gee whiz, getting put into lists when I say I'm not in, getting left out when I say I am... :P

Foolish, I'm in on this one. Not gonna drop out just cause Jamz isn't modding. ;)

oops, my mistake. Alright alright, you're in! Everyone makes mistakes, I guess i was being a little foolish myself.

I'm sitting this one out. (probably already said that) I wanted to tell M'TUF about my experience modding the reunion game on the K&C boards. It was fun trying to put all those diverse characters together in one setting, though very challenging most of the time. The best part was that I took the opportunity to play some of my favorite previous characters. I didn't have to choose just one. I used several as NPCs and changed whenever I felt like it. 'Course, with the more-than-a-year WW history the K&C boards have, there were about thirty characters for me to choose from! :D

20 years after.

...or spiraling down to our demises...

*erk* I'm looking at 20 years after! I don't think people my age are spiraling down to our demise! :blink: I'm young and vital, and have my whole life ahead of me! :rolleyes:

[mood:sympathy] Tangy, is this how you feel? *pats Tangy's shoulder* I'm sorry, sweetie! :( [/sympathy]

Jamz :dragon3:

Alright so here's our current list:

Lady Celes Crusader

Tanuchan

Vahktang

dragonqueen

DeanTheAdequate

Katzaniel

Eyremon

Merelas

Degenero Angelus

is nine enough or do we want to try to talk more people into it? I notice that we still do not have any new comers. Has anyone considered PMing some of the Pens new members? Might be worth it. So i wont start the game just yet...just in case, but i want to get started soon.

Im thinking we should definitely do the werewolf characters reunion cause it seems to have more interest. I'll be switching characters from time to time (thanxs for the suggestion Jammeez :D ) and people need to start giving me a list of who they want to be

MTYF, I would suggesting giving it a day or two to see if more people get interested. But nine people is okay for two wolves, baner, and seer.

As for new players, maybe they get a bit discouraged because of the theme 'reunion'... if that's the case, I think we could say that new players (or old ones that don't have lots of characters to choose from) can create any character that would have fit in the settings of the previous WW games here. This would also be nice for those who modded the games...

WW I => Romanian Village

WW II => Feudal Japan (there's a Chronicle at Assembly Room)

WW III => Sherlock Holmes (another Chronicle at Assembly)

WW IV => SF in the 50's

WW V => Oregon Trail (going West)

WW VI => High School

WW VII => Cartoons

WW VIII => Mental Asylum

I think I'll be posting an invitation at Cabaret :)

*then, looks at the list of players*

Hmmm... as for my character...

I'm seriously considering playing Amanda (WW V) again, and I see that Katz was considering Cat... are you, still? Merelas, who would you play? Deg? If you three plan to go back to WW V also, will we keep as we were (that would make sense, after all...) ?

Or maybe we could consider a return of the twin blondes and their (Terri's) boyfriend :lol:

Well, I'll wait a little bit to see how people choose :)

~Tanny :flower:

Edited by Tanuchan