The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf VI

Jaquie.............*throaty whisper*No.....

*YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS*

no....

no....

no, no, NO!

*See what comes of opening up? People close to you get hurt*

sniff

Edited by HappyBuddha

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arielle pales visibly, so much that Lia has to grab her elbow to support her. "Hey, no passing out here..."

After a while the other students arrive, and Arielle looks frantically around her, trembling when she sees Richard and unconsciously stepping away from him. As soon as she sees Wally, she throws herself in his arms, crying.

"Ari... Ari, it's terrible, I know... please... don't cry..." Not knowing what to do, he pats her back timidly.

Arielle shakes her head violently, grabbing his hand and calming herself in a sheer effort of will. "No, you don't understand... it's... it's terrible..."

She turns then to Joe, and Chandler, all the while squeezing Wally's hands.

"I SAW Rich tripping someone at the stairs. I had no idea it was Jaquie. He was laughing and I got scared... really scared... I ran to class thinking it was some bad joke... "

"How could you? We all saw you at locker room..." Interrupts Laurie, so surprised she actually speaks aloud.

"I saw Rich right when I was entering class... he saw me, I turned... when I turned back a second later he was just going to the other side. I got curious... " She blushes, and wipes tears away angrily. "I followed him. You know I'm good at lurking... no one really notices me. I SAW he tripping someome. I didn't know it was Jaquie... I didn't know..."

She starts crying soflty again, her heart hurting for the knowledge that her perfect pair was a bully.

"Believe me... Richard did this..." Whispers her again.

OOC A vote for Richard Smith/Gnarlitch

Edited by Tanuchan

Rich puts an arm around Chandler's shoulders while still holding Tiff tight with the other arm. The three of them just stand there, silently, other than the occasional whimper...

Added edit...

At leat until Arielle starts shouting at Rich and accusing him of this heinous act...

Ari I SAW Rich tripping someone at the stairs.

Rich :huh::blink:http://www.themightypen.net/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif

Ari *starts crying soflty again* Believe me... Richard did this...

Rich Ari...uh..what are you saying? And more importantly, WHY? All I've ever done is be nice to you, be your friend. I just don't understand... :erm:

Edited by Gnarlitch

Arielle looks at Rich, now getting furious.

"At least admit what you did and explain why Jaquie! Matthew was more honest than you! He at least showed that he despised non-Christians! You go around being all friendly to everybody... then hurts those you don't like! Why did you pick Jaquie? Because she wasn't afraid of speaking her mind? Because she hated being pitied? Did she give you a tongue-lashing when you tried to help her? Was it?"

Wally and Joe restrain Arielle, stunned at her vehemence.

"You are a bully. And I am ashamed to have fallen in love with you," finishes her, blushing but this time looking at him in the eye.

Edited by Tanuchan

Rich Ari, is that what this is all about? You think you "love" me? Come on. Sure, we've known eachother for a long time, since kindergarten. And I've always suspected that you liked me. Don't let this get carried away. If you are feeling jealous, fine. Just say so. But accusing me of THIS! That's taking it a bit too far. Have you been taking your meds lately? I know that you are bi-polar. You've got to take your medication every day or weird things can happen... Edited by Gnarlitch

Arielle looks at Rich and Eric, still flushed.

"Yes, there is another one, Eric. Richard is the one. I SAW him doing it. "

To Rich, she just throws a look of disgust. "It's my word against yours. Fine. But if I'm taken to the Principal now, by next break everybody will know I'm innocent. And if you try to do anything to me, you will be admitting guilt. So, whatever happens to me, you will be punished. I'm happy just knowing that."

With that, she turns her back to Rich.

~~~~~~

Edit: Just making it coherent with Merelas' post, below :)

Edited by Tanuchan

Walter holds Arielle softly, patting her back awkwardly.

As she cries into his shoulder, he closes his eyes for a moment.

He shouldn't imagine it as more than what it is. He was a friend, comforting a friend. That was all.

But he did. Slowly, he allowed time to freeze in his mind while he held her there. He felt her take his hand quickly, and he whispered to her.

"Shh... it's ok... I know it's terrible, but you have to calm down," he said.

When she had become somewhat stable, he stepped forward, and pushed his glasses up onto the bridge of his nose as far as they would go. He took a deep, ragged breath, and spoke.

For one of the first times in his life, he spoke clearly, and with confidence.

"I believe Arielle. Richard is the bully... and I vote that we send someone to the principal immediately to inform her of this."

OOC: Vote for Richard/Gnarlitch

that stupid architect must have been hanging around chandler when he designed that locker room. honestly why would anyone put a flight of stairs so close to a looker room. Hey Rich what did Arielle mean when she said she SAW you trip Jaquie down the stairs. Didn't you realize that someone could get hurt, or was this some football hazing ritual? Or did you do it just because you could.

This is why I try to stay in my safe soundproof box. In my box I am in charge. I am in control. Not the Jocks.

Again Rich why? :(

Rich Well, Eric, IF I had done it I might be able to nswer you. But, as it is I think that Arielle is halucinating again. She does that occasionally, as we all know. She says that it has something to do with her traumatic childhood. She's on medications for it but she occasionally "forgets" to take them and has these episodes. I've never known her to get violent before though. But I think her jealousy and her delusions have combined here to make her accuse me when it was her.

OOC Accuse Tanny/Arielle

Walter slowly feels something that he has never felt before. It slowly creeps up his spine and into his mind. His glasses tremble as he begins to shake. His fists clench uncontrollably at his sides...

Walter Mortonson is now angry.

Uncontrollably, he launches himself at Richard, screaming something unintelligable about leaving Arielle alone, and that he was tired of Rich's acting nice when he'd really been a bully all along.

He swings madly and loses his glasses somewhere in the process, and rolls around on the floor for a while, occasionally making contact with Richard with either his hands or his feet. Walter's eyes are closed now, since he can't see anyways, and he's swinging his fists and kicking his feet like mad.

Eventually, Richard rolls out of the line of fire, but not without taking something of a beating first. This leaves Walter alone, rolling on the floor with angry tears on his cheeks and still yelling about Arielle and Richard... a scene that would be described by some as comic and by others as just plain sad.

*Meat puts a big hand on Rich's shoulder*

RIIIICH, buddy. How are you?

*Neither of Meat's goons can be seen*

Listen, The "Weasle's" been no good on information recently... But I did a little snooping of my own with my five friends.

*Gestures a fist*

And rumor has it that yes, you have been a VERY bad boy. You see, with this hightened lookout for the very violent, disturbed teen; My little "tournament" has been cancelled.

Why you may ask?

Because I have been asked to deliver a serious beat down on behalf of those kids you tried to take out! I may be a bully, but I have standards. You could say it's time for me to protect my turf...

*Meat Cracks his knucles as Kenny and Mitch block the exits, looking out for teachers*

(OOC: One for Gnarlich.)

Finally finishing all the papers, and having them delivered throughout the school, Rupert began to walk down the halls again, hoping he'd run into some more proof of the beatings.

Soon he came across the group of students all huddled around. Hearing bits and pieces of the conversation, he determined another student had been attacked.

Thankfully the group of students he saw, hadn't noticed him yet. He hung back and started snapping pictures of the group. It seemed that the majority of everyone seemed to be placing the blame on the Rich fellow. Rupert knew Rich a little bit. He had been assigned to take pictures of him for the school paper for numerous things. He seemed a nice enough fellow.

As Rupert was snapping the pictures, at one point, when he zoomed in on Rich's face, he could swear he saw a momentary flash of anger pass over it.

The flash struck Rupert as odd because Rich had always been so easy going. Stopping with the pictures for a moment, Rich looked to see if anyone in the group had noticed the flash.

It didn't seem like it. Maybe it was just his imagination...? One way to be sure though.

Rupert snapped a couple more pictures and then headed back to the darkroom of the paper.

As he began to develop the pictures, Rupert silently thanked his position in life. He often times got to see things that others didn't get to see, and more often then not, people didn't even notice that he was looking at them. His parents joked that Rupert thought his camera gave him a sixth sense. Rupert brushed aside the comment. Most sixth senses didn't give proof. His camera did.

Finishing the small roll, Rupert took a look at the pictures. Coming across the one where he thought he saw the flash of anger on Rich's face, Rupert sank his head.

The picture was all blurred. Rupert hadn't had a blurred picture since he was a freshman. Why did he have one now? What was done different?

Perhaps it was his imagination. Maybe he didn't see what he thought he saw. But it was rare for him to make something up. No he trusted his eyes. He knew he had seen that anger.

Rupert didn't want to believe it, but it was the only lead he had. Rich had to be a bully.

OOC Rich/Gnalitch

Walter, alone, rolls on the floor with angry tears on his cheeks and still yelling about Arielle and Richard... a scene that would be described by some as comic and by others as just plain sad.

Arielle, at first taken aback by Walter's reaction, runs to him and kneels down. "Wally?! Wally!" She grabs his shoulders, shaking him gently, then harder as he fails to respond.

"Wally, are you alright? Wally! It's me, Arielle!"

Walter slowly focuses on her voice, still flushed and still angry, and stands up by himself quite ignoring Arielle's hand. He didn't want her help to stand up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He reaches a hand down to help Arielle up. "Never been finer." He smiles a bit. No, he didn't want her help. He wanted to help *her* to stand up.

And he notices Arielle's smile, one quite different from her usual one. She holds her hand confidently, and whispers, "Wally, I may have been more than silly... we should talk..."

Arielle recalls two pieces from small notes... one from Chandler...

... just a tip though, maybe you should ask him if there's anything he's wanted to tell you for a long time but has never had the nerve to say.

... the other from Walter.

You're one of the bravest people I know, Ari... And...

I really like you... like... as more than friends.

She sighs. This was turning out to be a most confusing day in her life. She still couldn't quite believe that Rich, so-perfect-Rich, was a bully in his heart. But she had Seen it. She may end up at the Principal's, but she knew the truth.

She had made a new friend... one she would never have considered as a possible one. Chandler was a nice guy... quite odd, and one who did things she really didn't like and disapproved completely. But maybe it wouldn't be always so, if he could have good friends. Like Jaquie... the sarcastic girl... she hoped she would be okay. She still wanted hard to learn how to deal with people like her.

Even bomb-guy Jaime had talked to her!

And Wally... well, they would have to talk. She was still in a dazed kind of shock, and she knew that. It was something new, and promising.

Arielle blushes, looking around and seeing people in a bit different way. All in all, she was happy at herself. She wasn't feeling quite awkward anymore.

~~~~~~

Edit: typo

Edited by Tanuchan

Jaime looks back and forth between Arielle and Richard absorbing the dramatic scene spinning around them. After letting the situation develop for awhile so that he can savor the energy swirling around them, Jaime finally shakes himself and steps forward to add his influence to events for better or worse.

"I was the first one to bring scrutiny upon Matthew and Arielle was the first one to believe my vision... So I will support her in this, if she has strong enough convictions to bring such a charge against Richard then her will is strong enough for me"

OOC: down with Gnarlitch/ Richie boy

Edit:fix font issues

Edited by Eirishluck

That makes like four out of last seven that I died first.

I now remember why I did the 'you'll be sorry' thing.

I kept dying and the wolves kept winning.

And I made this guy before I knew I was a wolf.

And I warned that the unlikeable characters were the first to get lynched.

You guys were lucky!

Or damned good.

Next time I'm telling my packmate to accuse me and keep accusing me throughout the game.

"It's Vahktang. He's the wolf. He always the wolf. If he's not, he's the first one killed anyway, so no big loss."

:)

Speaking of which, we got a wolf the first shot over to the Kenzerco game. Now to go over and see if I'm still alive over there.

Good luck to you all.

I'll miss you all when I'm in Juvie.

And hey, anybody going to investigate that locker thing?

:)

OOC: Heh... now we can have lots of fun with Gym class!

Good call.

Lots of fun stuff.

More later,

Vahktang

ooc:

ummm... wow...

and to think back when I decided to vote against Matthew I was just looking at how there was a 3 way tie and I just decided to vote IC against someone who hadn't been voted against yet instead of breaking the tie... I was suprised that so many people followed my lead on that...

but lynching both wolves so quickly... was this because of PMs being allowed? not that I received any *grin* but then I was a social recluse

and to think back when I decided to vote against Matthew I was just looking at how there was a 3 way tie and I just decided to vote IC against someone who hadn't been voted against yet instead of breaking the tie...

Yeah, I got that, too.

but lynching both wolves so quickly... was this because of PMs being allowed? not that I received any *grin* but then I was a social recluse

Umh, did I miss something?

Did the mod say who the wolf was and list the execution?

Last post I see on the boards from the mod is dated:

May 11 2004, 02:02 AM

Nothing since then.

Getting ahead ourselves, aren't we?

Not that I want to influence votes or anything.

It's just that the game isn't over until the mod says so.

More later,

Vahktang

Lia leans against the wall, slender arms crossed. Trust your instincts...it is the voice of the Lady guiding you.

His eyes narrow into deep purple slits, glaring at Richard.

I trust my instincts...and I don't trust you.

Strangely enough, the normally mouthy young man remains silent.

OOC: Gnarlitch/Richard

So now Rich was a bully too. Joe wasn't that surpised. He leaned against the locker banks now that Walter and Arielle were having there moment and Rich was um... busy with Meat. Still he was tense, there was a good chance there could still be fighting left to do, and he'd help out if he could. He was nervous, everything was confusing and he still wasn't totaly convinced. Arielle claimed to have seen Rich, but she couldv'e been mistaken, couldn't she? Still for now he'd trust her. His vote went for...

Gnarlich/Rich

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

Laurie hangs at the back of the mob, an anxious and slightly frightened expression on her face. Again she whisphers "Oh my god..." What did Jaquie ever do to anyone? What did she do?! Oh my god, Jaquie...why? Why? What the hell is going on here? We're nice, smart, normal kids, and we flock to the scent of blood, like sharks!

Arielle's accusation shocks Laurie. It was so outrageous Laurie instinctively denied it. How could Arielle have seen anything? She was in the locker room the whole time! Thrown off balance by the incidents, Laurie speaks. Arielle's answer makes sense though, and she falls silent, her face flushed. She hates it when she's wrong so easily... Still, Laurie isn't quite convinced yet. She's rather surprised at how quickly everyone turns on Rich. Good Lord, we've known each other all our lives, and now we're accusing everybody left and right....

When Arielle starts crying, Laurie feels rather sad herself, but tries to shake it away quickly. Stop it, she tells herself severly. What the hell do you have to cry about? Nothing happened to you! You're such a loser.

Briefly Laurie slips into one of her daydreams, but she yanks herself out of it and lectures herself sharply. Paying attention to reality again, she becomes aware of Eric speaking tactlessly. Shooting him a glare of contempt, she wonders how people can be so irritating and insensitive. Just like her sister...

Laurie takes a step back when Walter attacks Rich. It's totally unexpected to her, and she cringes, embarassed for Walter. Retreating completely from the group, she leans against the wall and thinks. So many people affected...Chandler, Jaquie was his friend, wasn't she?, Arielle, apparently Wally...Laurie wishes she was brave enough to offer sympathy or comfort, or at least talk to them...God, you're such a wimp.

Turning her thoughts from her own patheticness, Laurie thinks about Arielle's accusation. She wouldn't say something like that unless she believed it...I can't believe Rich accused of her of being delusional... Laurie's sister is on medication for her issues, and automatically turns Laurie against Rich. Every time someone acts like a jerk, they're the bully...stupid, one time isn't "every time". Still, where did witholding accusation get you last time? Nowhere.

OOC: Vote for Gnarlitch/Richard