The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf VI

Walter packed his things a few minutes before the bell was about to ring and pushed his glasses back up onto the bridge of his nose, and picked up his English essay. He started to follow Joe to their next class, English, and nearly bumped into him when he stopped suddenly, meeting Bina.

Why had Chandler shown up late to class? Was it possible that he had been late because he had been beating up that kid?

At the very least, Walter thought, it was possible.

OOC: No two votes together yet... I'll solve that. Vote for HappyBuddha/Chandler

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arielle looks confused at both Joe and Walter, listening to both their mumblings...

Chandler, then? He was late... he did things induced by drugs... but would that make him a bully? Or had he beaten Billy by chance... and this was not connected to any other nasty things?

There was also Jamie... he liked all that bomb stuff... but he was at class. Should I ask Rich's opinion... ?

That single thought makes her blush a violent crimson, and she hides it by pretending to look for something in her pack.

~~~~~~

Edit: correcting a messy sentence... :P

Edited by Tanuchan

Chandler lounged about the room, flitting from group to group, pretending to listen but in fact wrapped in his own thoughts (and sneaking glances at Rich that he wouldn't even admit to himself)

Why the [Edited] would anyone pick on that poor freshman? Jesus, that wasn't an act of random violence or anything - you've gotta be cold sober to screw a kid up that bad. I mean, when I've watched Meat and his crew do their thing while wacked up, they can't even hit the kids...

Oh crap, where the [Edited]was that stuff I had this morning from? Did I...?

No, it couldn't be me - even when I'm out of my mind on that stuff, Caroline told me I never actually hurt a thing.

*Inner grin - Caroline called you a pussy for that, since you could never rob anyone who stood up to you since you refused to hurt them*

Yeah well [Edited] her, the Pledge is too strong to be broken by her, by the drugs, or by anything. [Edited] with my mind they may, but they'll never reach my heart...

{Too bad, you might forget about Him if they did...}

nodon'tthinkaboutHimgoawayrunawayhelpclampitdownmusn'tescapethoughtitwasgonepleaseleavemeerasenonononono- Jaquieneedshelpwhat? Helpfocussaveher.

Coming forth from his reverie, he became aware of her fury and said, "What is it?"

She's going on a tirade oh [Edited], I should have been there for her, think of her Chandler, not yourself. You go out and pamper yourself every night, and now you're not helping a friend in need?

{What kind of monster [am I/are you]?}

(Shake her shoulders)goaway!(Shout her name)Itsnotlikethat!(She's done, yet I keep on shaking)

*Be gentle you oaf*

Release. Shake my head, try to chase the demons away. Put my arm on her shoulder, give it a squeeze. Start to write her a note, stop - she can't read it, of course. Those stupid [Edited]s, thinking she'd do it. Its not that she couldn't - she's right, that bloody hearing of hers is off the charts. But...she wouldn't do it, right? No, she's always opposed the bullies, not been one of them. But who then? What about that German chic, Frau Jamhausen or some such - she's kind a creeping me out with her silence and distance - Its not really a Walter-sort-of-silence. Not to be a xenophobe or anything, but this stuff only started when she arrived...yeah, thats pretty good proof if there ever was any.

*So quick to condemn others, eh?*

Hey, didn't I already tell you to stuff it? I thought as much

OOC:

{} = Thoughts from way deep down, so deep they're only really felt, not heard, and thus a bit of them is lost in the translation from emotion to words.

Oh, and a vote for Jammeez - Bina Jamhausen. I've just got a nasty feeling from that direction, and I'm inclined to trust Jaquie's judgement as is (although I actually did come to Jammeez independently - was quite suprised to see Jaquie think the same thing :P)

Edited by HappyBuddha

And on that stirring note.

I'll be extending day phase to 48 hours, which will be applied to all of them.

I hate doing this, and I wish I didn't have to. This game will last forever. But, since you people can't properly vote in 24 hours ;) I have no other choice :P

Joe was uneasy. He'd pretty much picked Chandler as the most likely guy to have done it, but he still thought he might not have done it. He didn't like accusing innocent people. If only there was some way he could be more sure about his choice. Where was he that he came to class late?

Of course, Joe hadn't even seen him walk in late, since he had run into trouble with Billy himself. He sure hoped no one suspected him.

He had decided he needed to talk to Chandler so before he left for English, Joe slipped him a note. It was risky, if Chandler was the guy who did it...

He'd better let Walter know where he was going.

As Arielle is leaving right after Walter, she passes in front of Jaquie and Chandler. As Walter just stops and blocks the passage, she can't avoid listening to what they say.

Bina? Just because she's the new girl?

"Jaquie, sorry for intruding... do you really think Bina has anything to do with it?"

"We never had any trouble before Bina came over," repeats the blind girl contemptuously, recognizing Arielle's voice.

Arielle sighs, knowing she has again somehow put Jaquie against her. But this time she wasn't patronizing... she just asked a question! Blushing, she looks away and apologizes.

Jaquie's senses are sharper than ours... could it be that she knows something we don't ? Can it be that she senses something amiss with Bina?

She wished she could ask that straight to Jaquie's face, but she wasn't sure it wouldn't just bring her another tirade of sarcastic words. She wished also she could talk to Wally about that.

OOC A vote for Bina/Jammeez

~~~~~~

Edit: forgot to vote... =P

Edited by Tanuchan

Tiffany is confused, which is definatly not unsual, while she glances at either Rich and Arielle, looking for clues. Rich did suspected either Meat or Joe but Arielle had been more specific and choose Bina, the foreigner.

- Hum... errr... hum... I don't know what to do!!!

Arielle decided to come to the rescue.

- You just have to say who do you think is the meanie.

- That's it?

- That's it.

The cheerleader thinks a bit while Arielle sighs.

- Tiff, we don't have all day, you know? Who's your choice.

- Well, it's as you want, you'll get to decide.

Arielle, jaws stayed open for ten seconds and recollected herself.

- Ok... let's narrow the choice for you. It's either Chandler or Bina.

Tiff ponders again.

- Ari, did you said Bina?

Arielle nods and waits for the blondie's answer.

- Well, I think it's Bina too!

(OOC: A vote against Jammez/Bina)

Rich looks at his fellow class mates and is filled with disgust and disbelief. He doesn't know why he is so surprized, but he is surprized by how quickly they all begin to point fingers. Then he realizes that he had ben thinking of doing the same thing. But then, well...nevermind. Some one in this room was acting like a predator and beating up the others in the school. But why? What had Billy done to anyone? Or maybe he had seen or heard something he wasn't supposed to...but what?

In Rich's mind the most suspicious looking people were Joe, who had left the room, Eric, who also had been gone, but he had photo evidence of what he had been doing, Chandler was late, and Meat hadn't even bohtered to come to class today, although he was sure he had seen him in the hall. But this didn't fit Meat's M O. Chandler was, however, known to act violent at times when on drugs, which he always was, so it definitely could be him. But then, Joe and Eric could be working together as well. Well, had was gong to have to go with his gut instinct here then. He would beleive Joe and Eric, for now, but he would want a closer look at those fotos Eric took.

Rich PSST! Hey, Tiff, Ari! Whatchadoing accusing Bina? She's a nice girl, and she was here, not out there. I think that it was one or more of four people. Joe and Rupert were both out there, but they did "help" Billy, so they are probably innocent, but I'll look into it. Rupert took a bunch of pictures. After class let's go and get a look at them, see if there is any evidence there. In the meantime, Meat is still out there somewhere, but this is a bit too violent for even him. So, I think it must be Chandler on a bad drug trip. I bet he doesn't even remember how he got to school this morning! And he was late, giving him plenty of time to mess up Billy. And you've seen how he gets when he's on drugs! He can just flip ot over nothing! Remember last week....

Vote for HappyBuddah/Chandler

Edited because I got a couple of names mixed up ... :P

Edited by Gnarlitch

When the bell rings, Laurie takes her time gathering her stuff, and leaves the class last. She hears snatches of conversation as she walks, and turns it over in her mind. Bina? Why do they think it's her? She can barely speak English! Chandler...Laurie knows it easily could have been Chandler, but she's disinclined to suspect someone who pays even the slightest attention to her. It's liable to be her only social interaction the entire day. Reluctantly, she can't help but suspect Jacquie. She seems to have the temper for it. But it just doesn't seem likely to Laurie.

Quickly, Laurie runs through the list of people in her head. Maybe that strange techie character? Eric? He was rather obnoxious. Laurie doesn't know much about him, though.

Dismissing several names as possible suspects, Laurie orients on one. Mara. The school reporter. Wouldn't it make a perfect story for that newspaper of hers? Yes, Laurie's sure. She's got a sort of feeling about it, a conviction. Nodding firmly to herself, she swerves sudddenly and presses herself against the wall, narrowly avoiding running into someone. You've got to pay attention, she tells herself severely...

OOC: A vote for Vanessa - Mara

(OOC: Let's look who's voting against whom)

Merelas - Walter Mortonson => HappyBuddha/Chandler

Lady Celes Crusader - Tiffany Wood => Jameez/Bina

Tanuchan - Arielle Thompson => Jameez/Bina

HappyBuddha - Chandler Achtobowski => Jameez/Bina

Jameez - Bina Jamhausen => Nobody yet

Elwen - Lia Litrell =>Nobody yet

Elrishluck - Jamie Medler => Nobody yet

dragonqueen - Laurie Vayes => Vanessa/Mara

Vahktang - Methew John "Peter" => HappyBuddha/Chandler

MeThinksUFoolish - Joe Richards => HappyBuddha/Chandler

Nave - Rupert Readan =>MeThinksYourFoolish/Joe

Gnarlitch - Richard Smith => HappyBuddha/Chandler

DeanTheAdequate - MEAT => Nobody yet

Katzaniel - Jaquie Katz => Jameez/bina

Vanessa - Reporter => Lady Celes Crusader/Tiffany

Eyremon - Eric => Nobody yet

Bina doesn't really understand why everyone is suspecting her, but that guy, Rich, is always nice to her, and he thinks it's Chandler. She will stick with Rich and vote Chandler, too.

OOC: Vote for HappyBuddha/Chandler Achtobowski

Jamz :dragon3:

Edited by Jammeez

Chandler sees the eyes around the room concentrated on him, many of them glaring at him, and feels the impulse - almost instinctive by now - to shrink from negative attention, to retreat and give the finger to the rest of the world.

{no. not now. do you want to be thought of as a bully, as a hurter?}

Mangled.

Funny red paint splattered on the wall, daddy's body decorating the room in a whole new manner. A man standing above him, panting. Notices me. Try to run, big arms clamp down. Raises his arms, shriek, he freezes - lower them, down to his side, breathe heavily. Face down to my level, I can smell the stuff on his breath and the scary thing is there's none of it, there's nothing. He's cold sober, like daddy never was, and yet he did so much more so much more so much more...and now he's yelling at me and he's saying words that I don't hear until later "YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS" and he tosses his crowbar aside and lunges at me and screams it some more and I shut it out, for the first (but certainly not the last) time I fold into myself and blank it all out...

Pull yourself together Chandler. Do something strong for once. Be the strong person that that man didn't want you to be, let it out - he tricked you into keeping it in, now outsmart him, show him that he didn't yell loud enough to knock you out. Do it for Him

Snapping out of his reverie, Chandler begins furiously scribbling on a piece of paper, occasionally crossing out words that are simply illegible but otherwise letting his fevered pace of mind communicate itself in the messiness of his words. When he's done he passes it around to the class, and it quickly makes its way into the hands of everyone...

It reads:

"I don't hurt, and the idea that so many suspect me of hurting someone else wounds me deeply, but I guess its understandable, if a little upsetting. I want you to know this however; I don't hurt, under any condition, under any circumstance, under any motivation - I don't care, I don't hurt. If you want to know why, then lemme know personally - I don't feel comfortable explaining something so intensely personal to such a broad audience, but in a more private setting I'd be fine with explaining it on an individual basis. Now some of you obviously have the impression that I do in fact hurt, to which I ask the basic question: Have you ever seen me do so? Have you ever seen me take part in Meat's bullying, have you ever seen me actually assault someone? No, none of you have, and I know that for a fact.

Some of you may think that certain substances I use might break that prohibition, but I gurantee you that's not true - first off, none of you have seen me do even the most basic bullying while I'm not in my right mind. Secondly, I never come to school under the influence - not because of a moral stance, its simply too risky. I might not have worked off all the side effects, but I never come to school under the influence, and you can confirm that with Jaquie or Meat if you don't believe me. Finally, I arrived at school way too late for me to have bullied the kid - Joe exited the classroom right before the bell rung, and heard Rupert's call for help immediately after. Considering that I arrived in class very late because I walked the whole way, I couldn't have even been here when all this happened. I'm the least guilty of any of you, because all of you were on campus when the deed happened. None of you saw me about campus before the bell rang, so you all can be sure that I did in fact arrive late, and thus escape any blame whatsoever. This freshman was still standing just before the bell rang - I would look more among yourselves.

I may not even be right with my vote for Bina, I simply went with the person that I had some sort of justification for suspicion (her arrival ushered in the bullying, thus reason for suspicion)."

OOC: I'll edit this later and add more, if I find the time. This is pretty good for now.

OOC: Uh, oops. It was just pointed out to me that part of what I was using as IC info was a misunderstanding on my part. I misread some of one of Budda's earlier posts and was saying that he got violent when he was stoned, when in fact he said the opposite, and had even passes that around in a note. As such, and in apology to him, I will withdraw my vote and change it to Meat/Dean

IC: The note that has been circulating the room finally makes it to Rich. He reads it and just stares, unable to comprehend the anguish that must have prompted that note. He feels he has been given a deeper look into Chandler's soul. But, if it wasn't Chandler, and Joe and Rupert were also innocent, at least at the moment, then it must be that Meat has gotten more violent. He writes his suspicions down on the note paper and then gets Tif's atention again...

Rich Psst! Ari, Tiff, Walter! I just got this note! Have you seen it? It's from Chandler. I don't think he did it after all. Must be that Meat has gotten more violent recently. We should turn him in! Here pass this note back around...

Wiping the sweat from his brow, Rupert continued to print off copies of the special edition and tie them up. This was going to be a huge task to get them out there among the students.

Grabbing two bundles, he decided to go ahead and get some of them out there among the masses.

Reaching Mr. Blackburn's room a few seconds after the bell sounded, Rupert cut the ropes holding the papers together with his car keys, and started shoving the papers into the hands of the students just as they were leaving into the hallway.

As the last student came out of the class, Rupert recognized her as Laurie Vayes. She seemed deep in thought to Rupert. As he gave her the last paper he had in his possession, she looked at him.

"Rupert right? You work with Mara at the school paper don't you?" she asked him.

"Yeah, that's right. What of it?" he replied. Rupert wasn't exactly a conversationalist.

"Oh nothing. I'm just wondering what she was doing before class earlier."

"How should I know?! I'm not her keeper. Enjoy the paper. I got to get back and get more copies off the printer."

Walking off at a brisk pace, Rupert left Laurie with a look of disgust on her face. He didn't want to be rude, but why couldn't people just look at his pictures and not bother him?

Thinking to himself, he did wonder where Mara had been earlier in the day. They usually meet up in the morning before classes to discuss what she would be reporting on, and what she needed him to take pictures of, in addition to his own personal Pulitzer winners he took throughout the day.

She couldn't be a bully. Could she?

OOC Vote is no longer tied to MTYF/Joe. Vote is for Vanessa/Mara

"Psst! Ari, Tiff, Walter! I just got this note! Have you seen it? It's from Chandler. I don't think he did it after all. Must be that Meat has gotten more violent recently. We should turn him in! Here pass this note back around... "

Arielle freezes as she listens to Rich calling her name, hating the way she feels herself blushing. She quickly looks around, frantically, but Wally is too concentrated on some talk to Joe, and Tiff is talking about cheerleader stuff with her friends. And Rich is there, almost at her side, with that note on his hands...

Awwwwwww

Rich smiles at Arielle as she glances her eyes to him and quickly picks the note he's handing. She speaks in a very low voice, keeping her eyes low and blushing hard. "I saw the note, Rich... I was never sure it was Chandler... I... don't think.. it's..." She gulps down, and finishes in a rush, "I will think and talk to Wally." Then she turns rather sharply and walks quickly to where Wally and Joe are.

Rich... he's so nice. He cares for people, he's trying to understand Chandler. And he knows when to admit mistakes... What did he see in Tiff?

She bites her lips softly, forcing her mind off of thoughts from Rich. She did have the impression that it sometimes bothered her two friends...

"Wally, Joe... have you seen Chandler's note? I told you I wanted to listen to him first... and... I don't want him to get into more trouble with the Principal. Not while we can't be sure that he is the bully. Even Rich..." She blushes again, before finishing valiantly, "... Even Rich thinks now it wasn't him."

She presses down Chandler's note into Wally's hands, ignoring their surprised look, and goes to Tiff.

Well, I don't need that note to talk to her... she won't understand anything there. But why am *I* talking to her? *Rich* would be the one to convince her!

"Tiff? Rich wants to talk to you, quick! It's about that meanie. Listen to him?"

And she leaves her, before getting involved in some inane talk about clothing. She knows that just mentioning Rich's name will make Tiff look for him.

OOC No changing votes yet, but I may

Tiffany turns to Arielle first.

- Oh really? But I thought that you said that...

The brunette interrupted the blondie

- I know, but Rich have something very very very important to tell you about the meanie.

- Oh!!! I wanna know then!

She gets up and walks over Rich desk, who smiles at her happily

- Hey there, baby! he knows that she likes it when he calls her that way I think Meat is the one who beaten up that poor guy.

- But you said that it was Chandler!

- Well, I did but Chandler came up with a good excuse and you know how Meat is mean to you. Remember that Mr. Blackburn told you that the person who did that must be very mean.

- You're right... Meat is SO MEAN!

(OOC: Change my vote to DeanTheAdequtate/Meat)

(OOC: Before Deg gets an headache, or unless is Gnarlich's revenge, I'll do a compilation with the latest change and new votes.)

Merelas - Walter Mortonson => HappyBuddha/Chandler

Lady Celes Crusader - Tiffany Wood => DeanTheAdequate/Meat

Tanuchan - Arielle Thompson => Jameez/Bina

HappyBuddha - Chandler Achtobowski => Jameez/Bina

Jameez - Bina Jamhausen => DeanTheAdequate/Meat

Elwen - Lia Litrell =>Nobody yet

Elrishluck - Jamie Medler => Nobody yet

dragonqueen - Laurie Vayes => Vanessa/Mara

Vahktang - Methew John "Peter" => HappyBuddha/Chandler

MeThinksUFoolish - Joe Richards => HappyBuddha/Chandler

Nave - Rupert Readan => Vanessa/Mara

Gnarlitch - Richard Smith => DeanTheAdequate/Meat

DeanTheAdequate - MEAT => Nobody yet

Katzaniel - Jaquie Katz => Jameez/Bina

Vanessa - Reporter => Lady Celes Crusader/Tiffany

Eyremon - Eric => Nobody yet

HappyBuddha/Chandler = 3

DeanTheAdequate/Meat = 3

Jameez/Bina = 3

Vanessa/Mara = 2

Lady Celes Crusader/Tiffany = 1

Havent vote yet = 4

Joe still wasn't convinced. Chandler did seem to be trying his hardest to convice everyone it wasn't him but that could easily mean he was guilty too. In fact with his normal attitude, Joe was surprised he'd reacted at all. Chandler was the type of guy that wouldn't care if people thought it was him, Joe thought. But since he was trying so hard to make people think i was not him, it only made Joe more suspicious.

OOC minor thing but Rupert's last name is Reagan not Readan 

I like Readan better. The whole reporter thing.

IC:

Mathew looks at the note that Chandler wrote, making commentary to his neighbor.

"Well, sure, he doesn't hurt anyone. But he isn't himself when he's on drugs. Everybody knows that. And it doesn't excuse anything. You have to take responsibility. We're young adults here.

"Well, sure, I've never seen you beat up anyone. I've never actually seen you shoot up either. Doesn't mean you didn't do it. And Meat wouldn't let you in his crew, uh, gang.

"And not coming to school while high? Yeah, we believe that.

"And not having enough time? You could have arrived way early, waited, beat up Joe and still arrive 'late'.

"The guilty grasping at straws.

"I still think he did it.

More later,

Vahktang

After watching the back and forth and bickering for awhile, Arielle deceides to try and draw out some of the silent ones in the room to try and at least break the three way tie. Looking around the room and mentally assessing who has spoken and who hasn't, she sighs and decides to get the worst out of the way first. Mentally crossing her fingers, she walks over to Jaime who has given up all pretenses of paying attention to something other than the drama unfolding around him.

"So, Jaime who do you think is behind the beating"

When Jaime realizes that Arielle is approaching him, he does a quick double take and is obviously taken off guard. The walls he has placed around himself to keep people from getting to close have been so effective in the past that it is a compete shock to see her approach him, so much so that when she speaks to him he drops his usual calculated manner and responds openly.

"It was Matthew and his posse"

Shock, suprise and even some outrage appeared on the faces that were listening to this exchange. Jamie looked around and realized he needed to explain his reasoning.

"Billy is a member of my gaming group and as such I know he is a practicing buddhist and also that he has a big crush on Richard over there and used to date Lia. So there we have 3 strikes against him as far as Mr HolierthanEveryone and his group is concerned... he's gay, he's non-christian and firmly non-convertable, and he's a gamer so therefore worshipping satan..."

Jamie looks over at Matthew and the anger on his face.

"I bet you believe Papa Smurf was Satan himself, dontchya" and then after too brief a pause for Matthew do do much more than open his mouth. "Now tell the room why you were the last one to class? Were you out 'spreading the word' having 'fellowship with the unbelievers'? When the English were bring the word of the Lord to the Africans they also brought chains, or how about when the Spanish Christians brought converstion by the Sword to the Native Americans, pick any point in history after 200 A.D. and I will show you where Christians used force in their spreading the 'Word'"

Jaime suddenly realized that he had just spoken more in public and more openly than he ever has before. Suddenly slightly uncomfortable he lets his diatribe fade away and allows the room to return to its bickering.

OOC:sorry Vahktang, but you get the animosity of this social outcast

Arielle listens to Jaime, surprised to find him speaking his mind. And suddenly finds that the crazy guy, as she had always dubbed him in her mind, has a surprising good argument. One that, indeed, makes lots more of sense to her.

Matthew says he's a Christian... and talks about love and all that stuff... Then goes on with clear prejudice against anyone who doesn't follow his creed. He doesn't even believe there's any chance of rescue for Chandler. Instead, he could be doing something to help him. Reach out a hand to those in need, I believe is what they say. Is this what he is doing? Is this to be a Christian, then?

Arielle nods, blushing slightly. "Thanks for telling me all this, Jaime... "

OOC Changing vote to Matthew/Vahktang