The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf VI

OOC:sorry Vahktang, but you get the animosity of this social outcast

Actually, _I_ don't have you animosity.

Mathew John does.

Or at least I hope so.

And I have no problem with Jamie having a problem with Mathew.

But I just want to be sure that _were_ OK.

Disclaimer:

The view of any characters in these games don't necessarily reflect those of any other person, living or dead.

OK?

IC:

Now tell the room why you were the last one to class? Were you out 'spreading the word' having 'fellowship with the unbelievers'? When the English were bring the word of the Lord to the Africans they also brought chains, or how about when the Spanish Christians brought converstion by the Sword to the Native Americans, pick any point in history after 200 A.D. and I will show you where Christians used force in their spreading the 'Word'"

"Just like you, and everyone else at this school, Jamie, we were trying to get all our friends to class without being hurt. That's why were always the last ones to arrive seconds before the bell. And because of our caution and prep we're not bothered. And we invite any who wish to to join us.

"And you well know that we don't proselytize on campus, especially during school hours.

"And those historical things you mentioned: those were wrong, and those that did them weren't really Christians. The pope apoligized for the Inquisition, did you know that?

"Jesus said," he says, then looks at the teacher, "things I can't repeat here. But they concerned love and living by example. Not predjudice and bias. And concerning that: how you doing? Prejudging any Christians lately for thing that they did not do, lately??"

"Gays, addicts, satan worshippers? That's their own business. I pray for them, sure, and if they come to us, sincerely, we'll welcome them. Hate the sin, not the sinner. What they do, not the past that they can't control because they weren't even born yet."

"You want to give that a try, huh, Jamie?"

More later,

Vahktang

Edited by Vahktang

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((OOC: Well, Lia has a problem with Matthew, too. Obvious reasons.))

From his seat nearby, Lia listens closely, and his eyes narrow.

"Hate the sin, and not the sinner?" the slender young man says, glaring at Matthew. "You say you do not 'prejudge'. I am willing to accept that with a grain of salt. But what about the others in your group?"

Lia's voice is fairly dripping sarcasm. "And your own attitude...when you spoke about praying for 'sinners'...you preach tolerance, and may even believe that you understand what tolerance is. But I don't think you understand. Maybe some of us don't need or want your prayers."

OOC: Vote for Vahktang/Matthew

Edited by Elwen

IC:

Mathew looks at the note that Chandler wrote, making commentary to his neighbor.

"Well, sure, he doesn't hurt anyone. But he isn't himself when he's on drugs. Everybody knows that. And it doesn't excuse anything. You have to take responsibility. We're young adults here.

"Well, sure, I've never seen you beat up anyone. I've never actually seen you shoot up either. Doesn't mean you didn't do it. And Meat wouldn't let you in his crew, uh, gang.

"And not coming to school while high? Yeah, we believe that.

"And not having enough time? You could have arrived way early, waited, beat up Joe and still arrive 'late'.

"The guilty grasping at straws.

"I still think he did it.

Chandler watches the progress of his note around the room, and sees the shifting of the eyes into new orbits. He watches it with an observer's eye, trying to keep it all down after his outburst in the letter. Despite all of this, a certain part of him can't help but feel good after finally doing something useful.

Arielle strides over to his desk and lets him know the rumors that have sprung up in response. Chandler looks at her with a calm expression, taking it all in, and Arielle leaves him feeling satisfied that he's on top of it.

I wish I could show them

*Show them what? What a miserable [Edited]up you are? You really are hopeless aren't you*

You know what, [Edited] you - I may not be able to show them, but I can show you.

Chandler rips out another piece of paper and scribbles at his frantic pace, incorporating the conversations, outbursts, and rumors swirling around the room into the note as he works. When he's finished, he passes his note around to the rest of the room as before - it addresses Matthew's arguments, but its clearly meant for other eyes as well.

M - "Well, sure, he doesn't hurt anyone. But he isn't himself when he's on drugs. Everybody knows that. And it doesn't excuse anything. You have to take responsibility. We're young adults here."

C - I have nothing to be responsible for. And does everyone really know that I'm not myself when I'm on drugs? How funny, considering that by your own admission "I've never actually seen you shoot up either." Whereas friends close to me who have seen me do that stuff have told me the exact opposite. Some things strike to the core, and hold firm no matter what you do - for you its your faith, for me its my Pledge. I would have thought that you of all people would recognize that.

M - "Well, sure, I've never seen you beat up anyone. I've never actually seen you shoot up either. Doesn't mean you didn't do it. And Meat wouldn't let you in his crew, uh, gang."

C - "I've never seen you commit a murder, but that doesn't mean you haven't done one" also works by this logic. You know I indulge in certain substances because its pretty apparent - there's no such apparentness with my hurting someone. As for Meat's "gang", I think you're sadly mistaken - not only do you not have any proof for your assertations, but I do; go ask Meat about whether or not I've ever hurt anyone or tried to join his gang. He'll tell you what I've asserted all along - I'm essentially a pansy and won't hurt anyone, although he's teased me about it many a time.

M - "And not coming to school while high? Yeah, we believe that."

C - Your belief is immaterial to the truth of the matter. I'm sorry that you don't seem willing to give me the benefit of the doubt and look beyond my flaws; I was rather hoping that you would be a strong supporter of my cause and be willing to forgive...your unusual lack of Christian forgiveness is actually kind of suspicious in itself - I've mostly defended myself, only hesitantly throwing a finger, but you who we would expect to be the most unwilling to condemn have instead been the loudest and most visible finger-pointer of all.

M - "And not having enough time? You could have arrived way early, waited, beat up Joe and still arrive 'late'."

C - Well, everyone else could have arrived way early, beat him up, then arrived at class on time. If I showed up way early, there's no reason for me to be late. Furthermore, the real culprit would hardly arouse suspicions by showing up late at a leisurely pace - he'd try hard to get to class early. I've shown up late many times before, this is hardly something new. Finally, showing up way early and beating him doesn't really work, since the kid only finally collapsed just as the bell rang - the kid would've been spotted staggering around the halls at the very least if it had been way early and he would have passed out long before then as well, not have lingered until the bell rang. No, it was definitely a rush job not long before the bell rang.

M - "Hate the sin, not the sinner. What they do, not the past that they can't control because they weren't even born yet."

C - Your willingness to preach this while condemning me off hand wihtout providing any concrete evidence to back up your opinions is what seals it for me. You hardly are forgiving of my past, and while I respect your faith I don't respect your ability to say one thing and do the other. Highly suspicious behavior, and certainly enough to paint you as guilty in my eyes, much more so than Bina ever was.

Grandpa would be proud of me anyways - I doubt he would of liked my disapproving of the foreigner, considering how much he went through when he came over here with Dad, fleeing the Nazis...

OOC: Change my vote to Vahktang/Matthew

Edited by HappyBuddha

Laurie stays in her seat, watching. Unable to - and not really wanting to - help overhearing conversations surrounding her, she files them all away in her mind. It's interesting to see what everyone comes up with. She smiles slightly to herself. The suspicions are really flying now. It's good everyone's off Chandler now...after that note how could they believe he still did it? Hmm...Matthew's being kind of obnoxious. It's amazing how quick everybody is to defend themselves and suspect those around them. Actually it's kind of scary...

Though Laurie might naturally want to suspect Matthew because of his attitude, but on the other hand, she's loath to suspect anyone that into Christianity, as she herself is an active member of her church's youth group. For now, she won't point any fingers at him. You shouldn't accuse somebody just because they're annoying, she scolds herself. After all, what real evidence do you have to base it on?

Tiffany's voice floats Laurie's way. Listening, Laurie winces at the cheerleader's stupidity. She's still positive Tiffany doesn't have the brains to think, let alone beat someone up. How does Arielle stand her? She seems like a nice, sensible girl...maybe she feels sorry for Tiffany.

Frowning, Laurie thinks over her choice. Mara did seem like the most likely suspect, but maybe she could defend herself. Having nothing better to do, Laurie decides to go find Mara and ask her. Getting up, she stands awkardly and tries to see if Mara is in the room.

Joe wass now really interested in all that's going around him. He didn't know Mathew that well. Joe had met up for the begining of the day prayer meeting once or twice, but other than that he didn't hang with them. He seemed like a nice guy but Joe had known some Christains that weren't that great at being Christains. In fact Joe had had a lot of trouble choosing someone to blame, with his new found faith still in his mind, he didn't like hurting others. But Chandler's note had almost convinced Joe it was him. He didn't like justifying hurting others, but he didn't want to see anyone else in the same way Billy was. No, that can't be allowed to happen.

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

Mr. Blackburn watched the note circulate, the class murmuring to themselves. He watched the tide shift, against the german girl, against Chandler, and finally against Mathew.

Chandler stands up and looks at the teacher. "We think it was Mathew."

Mathew stands screaming "NO! It was Chandler, no one else could have done it!"

"Class.. what do the rest of you think?" Mr. Blackburn asks quietly and most of the students look towards Mathew.

"Fine! I did it! He was vandalizing the lockers, so I beat him up! He had to be stopped!" Mathew runs for the door but Mr. Blackburn was there in time to catch him. He called the principal right as the bell rings, and the students leave while Mathew is left behind.

OOC: Congratulations players, Vahktang/Mathew was a wolf. Night phase begins now.

Wolf, Baner, Seer, your PMs please. You have 24 hours.

Good luck.

Edited by Degenero Angelus

Arielle smiles quietly to herself, and glances timidly at where Chandler is. She may have had trouble accepting him, and she still thinks what he does is really, really bad... but she's now happy that she had given him chance to speak and defend himself.

Poor Tiffany was confused about the last events. All these vote switching are a pure nonsense for her... in fact, she wasn't sure why Matthew was the culprit. She was at her locker and is retouching her make-up while looking at her locker mirror. Rich, who was behind her, hugs her.

- Come on, baby. You're beautiful enough.

- Oooh... Thank you! cooed Tiffany

- So, are you happy that the one who hurt Billy is found?

- Yes, but I don't understand. I mean, first it was supposed to be Chandler, then it was supposed to be Meat and now it is Matthew. I mean he's a Christian right?

- He may be a Christian but that's one who will impose to everyone his point of view of the religion.

- Do you think he might have punish me because I'm wearing cheeleader clothing and short skirts?

- Probably, but he wont hurt you now that he's dealing with the Principal!

- You said that he could have punished me???

- That's what I've said. This time, the star athlete was chuckling.

- That is SO MEAN!!!

*Meat cracks his knucles and sets about with a big sheaf of papers. He carefully begins placing them in random stairwells and well traveled locations. The flyer reads*

BIG MAGIC TOURNAMENT!

Play for a full set of Alpha Moxes.

Art room 2. After School on Wed.

*Satisfied with himself, Meat runs into his snitch, Kenny*

"Oh, uh... Meat. Hey, what's going on?"

*Meat just smirks at his cronie and pushed his task to Kenny*

"Oh, yeah... That. Hey, did you hear? Chandler was one of the crazies that was breaking those new kids."

*Meat turns to a scowl*

That means they're going to be extra careful, especially if he was working with someone. Even I won't mess with a kid that's way too [Deleted] up on drugs. Don't know how he'll fight back. Let's get to the cafeteria. I could use some tater' rounds.

"Wow, Chandler. I'm not sure exactly what you wrote in those letters but I'm glad you convinced almost everyone that it wasn't you."

Jaquie smiled in Chandler's direction. "And clearly I should have believed you all when you suspected Matthew... but he's never done anything like that before. I wonder why he's never touched Lia?"

"Yeah," replied the teen. "I'll tell you about the letters at lunch if you want. Right now, we'd better get to Gym, or Mrs. Asmundson will make us do pushups..."

OOC: Heh... now we can have lots of fun with Gym class!

Edit: for clarity

Edited by Katzaniel

Jaime sits back and watches Matthew's outburst and confession, restrains from making a comment about confession being good for the soul, realizing that in order to make the return to the anonymous shadows of society that he is most comfortable in. He watches the new eddies and swirls of their closed society reform after the removal of Matthew, fascinated by observing the social dances and miscues of his fellow students. He studies them fascinated by the process of how their social structure slowly reforms and watches to see what new patterns will emerge and what insights they might provide.

Tiffany grabs her gym stuff and, accompagnied by Richard, was hoping toward the gymnasium. Gym is, by far, her favorite school subject. There's no English, Mathematic and other complicated stuff for the cheerleader.

- Now that the bully is dealt with, it's time for some acrobatics!

Richard is not as positive as Tiffany regarding the bully affair.

- I hope that there is only one bully as well. However, I doubt that Mattheew acted alone.

Tiffany stops on her tracks, turns around and rushes over Rich and stares him with her blue eyes.

- Are you saying that there is more than ONE meanie?

- Well, that there might be another one. Better be careful, baby.

- I'm always safe with you around, Rich.

Lia scowls as he gathers his books together and stands in a swirl of long, black silk skirts. So much for Christian tolerance. he thinks sardonically. He has never liked Matthew and his group of "Bible-thumpers": they had always rubbed him the wrong way. Plus the fact that he was sure that at least one of them would have wanted to light him on fire or something for his "sins" (it was in Lia's experience that there was always at least one who held that attitude, especially for everything he believed in/did. Let's see...bisexuality, check. Transvestism, check. Being Wiccan, check. If it were up to them, he'd be roasting in hell right now.)

"'Judge not lest you be judged.'" Lia quoted under his breath, sourly.

Gym class was next. Oh, hell. Lia rubbed the bridge of his nose irritably, and looked down at the cover of the top book in the pile in his arms: An Actor Prepares, by Stanislavski. He had to reread that soon...

Lia made a note to visit Billy as soon as he could after school.

And prepared to face the hell that was gym class.

Arielle passes quickly behind both Tiff and Rich, blushing and trying to make as little noise as possible. How can Tiff be so... brainless... and so beautiful? And now, Gym class...

She sighs, hiding behind the door to her locker while putting her stuff in. She hated Gym. She was so awkward, nothing like Tiff... the blonde cheerleader was always gracious, lithe... all movements perfect. No wonder Rich had eyes just for her.

Joe and Wally... her two best friends... they avoided her during class after she refused to believe Chandler could beat people. It hurt her. She didn't know where Joe was, but she had a good idea where to find Walter.

Arielle looks quickly at the clock. There was still time. She runs to where she knows Walter would be reviewing stuff for next classes. And sure, there he is.

"Wally?"

He turns in a start, distracted as he was and never noticing Arielle until she plopped down at his side.

"Wally, you are not mad at me, are you?" She blushes, looking at his eyes once but quickly lowering hers. She had never fought with Wally, he always supported her... he was her best friend, the one with whom she would talk about every little important thing that happened to her. But he was avoiding her now. She coudn't stand the idea that he was mad at her.

Walter seems to hesitate a bit, then Arielle sticks a note into his books and sprints to Gym, blinking tears away.

Joe felt sick to his stomach. Everyone else was on their way to Gym, but Joe wasn’t going.

Mathew had turned out to be the bully, well one of them. I don’t understand how someone so good could do something so… sick. He was a Christian, wasn’t he? I thought that meant something. I hate Mathew for making me question my faith; it’s already pretty fragile. I know I’m not supposed to hate, but this feeling in my gut is so strong. Maybe I’m not cut out for this Christianity.

I can’t bare to look at anyone now. Not Walter, not Arielle, no one. I need time to think. I won’t get it in Gym. I know where to go.

Joe was able to open the door with his school ID. Kinda ironic. Joe headed to the same seat as always. Up in the left section, last row. L35. Joe was proud of this seat, for discovering it. It was different from all the others. All the seats had little desks that you could flip up from the side. They all were painted white on the bottom. All except L35, it had bare wood on the bottom. No other seat was like it.

Joe sat in the chair, putting his feat up on the chair in front of him. No one else knew about this chair. Well, except Andrew. Andrew had always sat next to him, on his right. He remembered the first time they had talked here.

“What ya up to Joe?” Andrew had asked.

“You ever sit in a chair,” I’d said, “Just to see who will sit next to you?”

“Yea” He’d said and then he smiled. It made me feel so much better; he had one of those smiles. “I’ll always be glad to sit next to you”

But he couldn’t anymore. Joe’s eyes watered remembering the best friend he’d ever had, gone.

Walter hesitated, looking at Arielle.

She is so beautiful, he thought, and for a moment he couldn't speak.

Eventually he pulled the note out, read it, and scribbled a reply.

It was so much easier for him to write his thoughts. He got so carried away as he did so that when he looked up to the clock, he realized that he had only one more minute to make it to the gym.

"No!" he screeched, voice cracking embarassingly (but luckily there was no one around to hear), as he picked up his things and ran for the gym.

Just as he reached the doors, the tardy bell rang.

His eyes filled with tears... he'd never had an unexcused tardy in his life.

It seemed all sorts of things were going wrong lately.

Before and after gym were the worst times in Jaquie's day. She tried to hide it, and she did pretty well, but in the change rooms she felt more alone than at any other time. Not only that Chandler, her only friend, was not there, but that she had to change in front of all the others girls, and never even know who was there. They all laughed and joked with each other, and she secretly imagined that they were looking at her. It terrified her. Every time someone giggled, Jaquie imagined that it was mirth at her own body. She didn't have anyone to compare herself with. She had no idea how fat or thin she was compared to others her age. And changing in front of the strangers she had made of her classmates, she was acutely self conscious.

When Arielle stopped her just inside the changerooms to whisper a quick message from Chandler, Jaquie thought to herself that this girl might be trusted. She seemed pretty nice, and eager to please. Chandler seemed to like her, at any rate, and the girl hadn't offered to open the doors or anything ignorant like that. Perhaps the blind young girl wouldn't have been so rash if the changerooms hadn't loomed so close in her future, but after she responded and Arielle had begun to rush off, Jaquie called her back.

"What?"

"Come closer," said Jaquie quietly.

Arielle leaned in so that she could hear Jaquie's whisper. "I..." she faltered, blushed red, and began again. "When we get into the changerooms... Would you mind telling me when no one's looking?"

Edited by Katzaniel

Arielle gasps softly, surprised. Then, quickly, adds, "Sorry Jaquie... you surprised me. Of course I can tell you. And... if you want..."

She hesitates a little bit, but decides to push a bit her luck, "There's a place to the corner, it's a bit more private. I usually go there because I hate when the others look at me while changing, and I always have the impression they're comparing me to Tiff." She blushes. "If you want, I can show you where it is, and later you can go there by yourself."

Please, please... don't let her think that I'm considering her an invalid... she has the same problems as me...

Arielle braces herself for the customary sarcastic answer, thinking if she shouldn't just leave.

And Wally... and what Chandler said? That I may want to ask him about... things he hadn't the nerve to talk about? I wish Wally were here... I wish he still trusted me...

She blinks tears away.

Edited by Tanuchan

Jaquie's first reaction was great relief. Her second was suspicion, about what Arielle's motivation was for telling her about the corner. Thirdly, the unbidden thought, Just how beautiful is Tiffany, anyway? and with that the sudden realization that Arielle felt much the same way that Jaquie did. The customary anger tried to surface but didn't quite make it. All the feelings of relief from catching the bully so quickly this morning, to not having to worry about changing out for Gym, to wondering whether or not Arielle was as good as she seemed, they all pushed the anger down.

"Thank you," she said, a trifle gruffly due to long inexperience with the words.

A slight pause. Jaquie wished she could see the girl's expression. "This way," was the response, with a gentle touch on the shoulder.

"I can follow by your footsteps!" retorted Jaquie, immediately regretting the harshness. Many others would simply have grabbed her hand and tried to pull her along... this girl was naive, but clearly trying not to offend. Not knowing what else to say, though, Jaquie let the statement lie, and followed Arielle to the corner where the pair changed out in silence.

Edited by Katzaniel

Laurie is slightly shocked when Matthew is unmasked. She gasps softly, and, more just moving her lips than speaking, whisphers, "Oh my god." I never really thought it was him...he was just a jerk. Laurie's thoughts are mildly troubled after the surprising shock. Matthew was kind of a hypocrite Christian, wasn't he...oh God, I hope I'm not like that...I try not to be, but it's hard... Wrapped up in her thoughts, she walks dazedly, and not very fast.

Reaching her locker, Laurie dismisses questions of religion from her mind. She doesn't have time for that right now, during school. She takes her time putting her stuff in her locker. Slamming it shut, she takes the outside route to gym, reveling in the nice weather. Laurie dawdles as much as possible, in no great hurry to get to gym. Out of all her despised classes, she hates gym the most. She has next to zero athletic ability, and no desire to participate. Even if she did, it often involves partners and things, and Laurie's not brave enough to find one. Sometimes, someone asks her if she wants to play, when she watches, but Laurie says no. She knows they pity her, and do it just to be nice, and she doesn't need their pity.

Laurie strolls into the locker room just as the bell rings and drops her stuff down. Her motions are languid with tiredness and she takes her time changing too. When she's ready, Laurie sits down in a corner and waits. She used to be terribly selfconcious about how awkard and clumsy she was in gym, but after years of undergoing the torture of gym class, she was conditioned, or used to it, and she didn't care anymore.

For lack of anything better to do for a minute or two, Laurie idly observes the other laughing, chit-chatting girls. Her gaze passes over the disgustingly preppy cheerleader clique, and their conversation is amazingly awful, as usual. Ignoring it, she turns her thoughts inward. This whole bullying problem seems to have rather knit the class together. It's the one thing that affects them all. It's not the bullying itself, precisely, it's the end result of hospilization. This is new to us, in our sheltered, pampered little lives. People are moving outside of their cliques, and talking to people they never talked to before because of it. It'll be interesting, Laurie thinks, to see what comes out of it all. Even after it's over, it'll still be one expierience we all shared. Again, the situation reminds her of one of her books. Daydreaming, she envisions their world after all the bullies are caught...she shakes herself out of it. That is so cheesy, she tells herself. You're a hopeless romantic.

Around Laurie, people begin to move. Belatedly, Laurie remembers wanting to talk to Mara, but by now her nerve has worn down, and she only keeps a half-hearted eye out for her. Out of the locker room, she loiters behind the other girls, not wanting to be first in the gym.

OOC: How the heck do you guys find so much time to post during the day??? When I log of at night, not much is happening, but the next time I log on when I get home from work there are a million new posts! <_<

IC: Rich is beyond stunned. He would never in his life have beleived that Matthew was capable of the. How could he? It didn't make sense. Then there was Tiff, beautiful, naive, loving and trusting Tiff. How to keep her safe? He mulled that over as he watched her BOUNCE down the hallway. AND BOY COULD SHE BOUNCE! :rolleyes: He hung bck a bit, just to be able to get a better look, until Ari caught him looking.... :blush::whistle:

Arielle changes faster than Jaquie, but decides not to wait for her. "Jaquie, I'm already going. I'll meet you at class."

The blind girl nods once, and Arielle leaves soon after Tiff. On her way to class, she looks around, hoping to find Walter.

I want to know what is happening... Wally, you *are* my best friend!

She stops for some moments, sighing impatiently. And sees Rich looking at Tiff.

Aww... And Tiff doesn't need to make any effort...

She blushes again. And as she suddenly notices Rich looking straight at her, she turns away blushing harder.

Edited by Tanuchan

Everyone returns to the gym area from changing. They walk in slowly, not really wanting to be in the class. They all took their places in line and Mrs. Asmundson began calling roll.

"Chandler."

"Here"

"Arielle."

"Here"

"Richard."

"Here"

"Jaquie."

"Jaquie?"

"Jaquie Katz?"

All the students looked to Jaquie's empty spot on the floor where Jaquie usually stands, and they begin murmuring. Chandler and Arielle exchange worried glances at each other, then run out of them room, closely followed by the rest of the students. Chandler and Arielle, along with Lia and Wally go one direction, everyone else going the oposite.

They search frantically around the locker room area. Finding nothing, they spread out. After a few minutes of searching Chandler comes to a dead stop, Arielle, Lia, and Wally running into each other because of it. They look around him and see Jaquie laying at the bottom of a flight of stairs, unconscious.

OOC: Obviously, Jaquie was innocent. It's now Day phase. You have 48 hours to cast your vote. Enjoy Gym class :)