The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Sign-up for Werewolf III

Tanuchan

Which setting do you prefer?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, sign-up for Werewolf III is up! :wizzie:

As the second Werewolf has just ended, now it's time to choose a new setting and get players - both old and new!

I have two ideas for the setting: The Wheel of Time setting (based on the series by R. Jordan) goes at about the time of the 7th book (A Crown of Swords); and Victorian England , based on Sherlock Holmes' adventures.

If by any chance you aren't familiar with the settings, don't worry - we can always assign you an easily RPed character. Don't let that spoil your fun!

So, please sign in and don't forget to vote! :)

Also, some notices for this game:

* Just clarifying, you cannot choose special roles (wolf/seer/baner); however, if for some reason you rather play a villager, please PM me saying so (no announcing it here, please! ;)) I'll do my best to accomodate it.

* Please, all who sign-up are required to actively participate - that is, post at least once during each day phase and send PMs as asked by the mod; this is a mystery/suspense game, so having non-active players really confuses it. On occasion, I can post PMd/e-mailed votes if a player has to be absent for some days. If you still want to play but you're not sure about posting regularly, PM me.

* I'll be working with an extended day phase, ranging from 36 to 48 hours; please check specific time at the end of each night phase post once the game has begun.

* At the end of day phase, a lynching will occur notwithstanding the number of votes (even if there's just one vote); if there's a tie, I may roll to determine who dies. So be sure to place your votes before the deadline.

* In case there are no votes whatsoever, day phase will be extended, at the end of which I may roll to randomly lynch a character if there are still no votes. Please note that all this is just to avoid the game lagging.

* Similarly, if by the end of night phase I don't have all PM's needed, I may roll randomly to determine the people Seen/Baned/Killed, as necessary.

So, let's go for it ! :)

Sign-up will be open until Sunday, hopefully the game will start on Monday!

~ Tanny

:flower:

EDIT: Updating the probable date for starting the game

Edited by Tanuchan

That's a really tough choice, both of those settings look awesome.

As I already said, I am *so* in!

Um.. I'd prefer that phases change at the same time every day, so if you'd extend it can I request 48 hours? I know I don't have much say, but I'm going to be confused enough trying to calculate what time you're talking about without needing to figure out two times.

Also, can we pick similar names to our own? I mean, at least starting with the same letter - I had trouble keeping track last time.

I could be Katharine if we're in England, or Katrina or something for WoT.

Edit: Yes, Foolish makes a good point about not so many people being familiar with WoT, but if people *are* familiar it would be awesome, huh? Anyway I'll be pleased with either setting.

Edited by Katzaniel

Hmm, I'm in. I apologize for the last game about my inactivity.. Feudal japan just wasn't my thing, so I couldn't really actively RP.. I've already proclaimed that I suck at it.

I'll try to be more active, but with work and everything else, I get bogged down from time to time.

I'm all for the sherlock holmes thing.. I'm sure I could go read a few novels to refresh my memory.. lol

Katzaniel, don't worry so much about timezone. I'll be using the post time stamp, so I hope everybody will be able to figure out easily when a deadline is. You can always PM me to clarify it.

Sabre, I'm glad to have you here. I understand RL interferences, so if by any chance you have to take a longer break from the game, PM me and I'll try to accomodate it so that you (or anyone else) don't miss the fun.

To all: it's nice thinking about the characters in advance, so a notice I was planning to put on later: no actual characters from Wheel of Time or Sherlock Holmes are allowed (no, you cannot play Holmes, Watson, Rand al'Thor, Perrin... ;)).

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan

I'm in.

Victorian England please.

'The Case of the Loup Garou.'

If we're taking names similiar, I am Vahktang, a Georgian gentleman, on a tour of the continent.

Call me Russian and I'll call you out.

I'm Georgian, not russian.

More later,

Vahktang

Perrin would be funny.  Sure we can't have someone play Perrin?

What's the timestamp?  Can you demonstrate?

If you look at the header of your post, or anyone else's, there's the date and time you posted. That's the time-stamp for your post.

If you're using the appropriate time setting for your region (through the "My Controls" settings), you can easily calculate any period that uses that as a reference.

For example, if I say "day phase ends 48h from this post time stamp", it means the same for both of us: 48 hours after the time marked in this post header. :)

For example, my post time-stamp is 9:54pm in my time. It will be different in yours, but 24 hours from now will be the same for us both.

Edited by Tanuchan

Oh, I know about that (thought maybe you meant something else) - but I don't set mine to my timezone because I'm paranoid of internet stalkers :ph34r::unsure::ph34r:, and I'm still not sure how many hours the default is off of my time. I guess I'm just gonna have to do the math now and then add that many hours each time.

On another note...

If we are going to do England, I think I'm gonna be a retired widowed schoolteacher. Anyone up for playing one of my two grown sons? :P

Edited by Katzaniel

Had to knee-jerk vote AGAINST WoT because Jordan drove me insane to the point of giving up by book four.

If we play that, however, I'd like to be an Ogier tailor.

If it's merry old England, what the heck- Katzaniel, I'll be one of your sons. Should be interesting. :>)

Haven't thought of names yet, or a vocation for Sonny-boy...ooo! Butcher! He'd be a butcher! *whistles innocently*

But I feel I need to do a bit o' homework before I names either of 'em.

So happy to finally be playing Werewolf!! Thanks, Tanuchan!!!

Had to knee-jerk vote AGAINST WoT because Jordan drove me insane to the point of giving up by book four.

lol

I gave up on book eight... that's why the proposed setting is around book seven ;) Maybe one day I actually finish the other books.

So happy to finally be playing Werewolf!! Thanks, Tanuchan!!!

:blush: Who deserve thanks is Dean, really. I came here because he called, and I'm modding because I had so much fun RPing here!

I do hope to be able to give as much fun to everybody as Dean did! :)

Edited by Tanuchan

Oh, I'm sure it will just as good Tanny. I'm totally pumped.

Ozy, why? I'm curious because I love the way he gives all his characters stage-time and everyone (or mostly everyone) is so in-depth. I especially like the way he does his intro chapter, and if I ever write a book I plan to make it similar in style to that. So to help me, could describe what turned you off of it?

And sit up straight while you're doing it, son! Speak up, I can't hear you! :D

Sounds awesome... though I may hang back a little, maybe be the last to post on the appropriate times... I'm still not quite sure how this plays out.

I'm in though, I'm sure I can figure it out :)

All for the Sherlock Holmes idea, love it!

Sounds awesome... though I may hang back a little, maybe be the last to post on the appropriate times... I'm still not quite sure how this plays out.

I'm in though, I'm sure I can figure it out :)

All for the Sherlock Holmes idea, love it!

Welcome, Matteo :)

Playing isn't complicated... it's just about roleplay and survival, really ;) If you want, take a look at the first werewolf game and see what happened. You'll do just fine.

You can always PM me if you have doubts/problems. :)

~Tanny

Definitely in on this one.

:)

I'll be voting for Holmes too, my dear Watson.

Glad to have my wolfie packmate back in a game. :) I hope you have fun!

(I'd be pretty careful around Lady Celes, really... she's very dangerous, as you had chance to see first-hand. And her spanking isn't very enjoyable, either. :P)

I'll be a player this time.

I expect to be lynched by the "Veterans" for being a little rough in the death department... But what the hey!

I'll put my "Black pebble" in the Sherlock jar. I used to love the "Maque of the Red Death" campaign option for AD+Ds "Ravenloft"

I'll be Dr. Vincent Cuthbert. A doctor of chemistry.

Sure, count me in.

I originally voted for WoT, but I changed my mind. Why? Unless you bar people from playing channelers, there's that little problem.

P.S.-I just posted the first part of the Hisoka-Shizuka backstory (from the 2nd game). Go read! It's called "Kyoto Song".

Edited by Elwen

Good luck, Dean ;) I hope no one remembers you've been modding... hehe...

Elwen, the presence of channelers wouldn't be really a problem in WoT setting... it will be taken care of ;) Anyway, it seems that we are for the Sherlock setting! :)

I am in the Holmes setting. hmmm character.

I think I will be Edwyn Cooper. A 40 something single American Solider/Mercenary getting back from a tour of duty in Africa. He has just come into alot of money by fulfilling a travel clause in his great uncle's will. As such he has inherited enough to live comfortable for the rest of his life and an estate in wessex as well as an apartment in London 157 C Baker Street. :D

Is that enough for ya Tanuchan?