The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Sign-up for Werewolf III

Tanuchan

Which setting do you prefer?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lol

Yeah, it's pretty enough, Eyremon!!! By the way, have you already met my good friend Dr. Watson?? ;)

Well, as it seems we'll go with the Sherlock Holmes setting... please, post or PM me your character's name and status. Sign-up is still open, but up to now we have:

Katzaniel - Katharine, retired schoolteacher

MeThinksUFoolish - Wetherby Danielson, butler

Vahktang - Mr. Vahktang, Georgian gentleman on tour of the Continent

X-Sabre - George Worthington, tavern owner

Degenero Angelus -

Tamaranis -

Ozymandias - Marcus, a butcher (Katharine's son)

Nave -

Lady Celes Crusader -

Matteo -

Dean - Vincent Cuthbert, doctor of Chemistry

Elwen - Lady Emily Galanodel, unconventional teenage noblewoman

Eyremon - Edwyn Cooper, American soldier/merc just back from Africa

~~~~~~~~

Edited to update the names/status of characters.

Edited by Tanuchan

Ozy, why? I'm curious because I love the way he gives all his characters stage-time and everyone (or mostly everyone) is so in-depth. I especially like the way he does his intro chapter, and if I ever write a book I plan to make it similar in style to that. So to help me, could describe what turned you off of it?

And sit up straight while you're doing it, son! Speak up, I can't hear you! :D

Sorry, Mum! :blink:

It wasn't his style of writing, mostly plot pacing and content... I'll PM ya in depth later, when I've got more time.

Speaking of Mummy dearest- How old will she be? I'm pretty sure you said 'grown sons', but I wanted to make sure- Marcus, yeah, that's it! -was appropriately aged n'stuff. Crossing all the i's and dotting the t's, as it were.

...and what's our last name? Or may I come up with it?

THE BUTLER DID IT!!!! Well, maybe not but thats who i'll play as anyway. I'm not totally sure who's butler im going to be though? Maybe a noninvolved character, maybe mr. brown (but i did that last time), so i might just pick someone else who i think should have a butler, with thier permission, once a few more people sign up. So sign me as the butler for now

looks like we are going to have a lot of people involved this time around, hope your up to it Tanuchan

EDIT: oops forgot the name, guess I'll go with Wetherby Danielson

Edited by MeThinksUFoolish

I was thinking around 65, 70. That would make you 40, 45 I guess. How old did people usually have their kids in 17th century England? (Do I have the century right?)

I'd have no idea what the last name should be. Since it wouldn't be her maiden name anyway, pick one that goes well with your character's name and she'll just have to put up with it :lol:

I wonder if we should PM back and forth and set up some family history, like how the father died, where the other brother is, what sort of relationship our characters have. Or just let all that come out as we play.

Thanks.

Foolish: Butler! If I weren't a little old lady who wouldn't need a butler, I'd hire you ;) I'm sure someone'll take you on.

I wonder if we should PM back and forth and set up some family history, like how the father died, where the other brother is, what sort of relationship our characters have. Or just let all that come out as we play.

Good idea. :>) Can't really be online from now 'til Sunday, though. :>(

Aye, I shall be the loveable Tavern owner, George Worthington. A portly man, in his late 40s, generally respected and loved by all. A loveable chap, always known to bring a smile to your face with a funny limmerick.

Is that okay?

Aye, I shall be the loveable Tavern owner, George Worthington. A portly man, in his late 40s, generally respected and loved by all. A loveable chap, always known to bring a smile to your face with a funny limmerick.

Is that okay?

Boy, does that sound guilty.

:)

More later,

Vahktang

THE BUTLER DID IT!!!!  Well, maybe not but thats who i'll play as anyway.  I'm not totally sure who's butler im going to be though? 

MeThinks, I guess you'll be the butler of an NPC. It will fit nicely with what I'm planning. Unless somebody here wants to be a wealthy lord with an estate in a small village, and hire you to work there; that would also be fine.

So, with the choice of characters so far, I'm setting the game in a small village; have yet to decide if it will be on the coast or on the countryside, so if anybody wants to have a character linked to the sea, go for it. :) Maybe it's a good change of setting.

Katzaniel and Ozymandias, and any other player who wants to have a RPing partner (as Katz/Ozy or Vahk/myself last game): feel free to look for anyone to play with you, and to PM to set the details... but do this before first post of the game is up. After I send the PMs with the roles, no communications please. Rely on RP for anything else after that. :)

Looks like we are going to have a lot of people involved this time around, hope your up to it Tanuchan

The more people, the more fun :) If we ever get to 17 people, that assures a 3rd wolf. The only thing I do ask from you, dear players, is that you help with the pacing of the game, voting when needed. Unless you want to be playing this until Christmas... ;)

It seems we're up to great fun! :D

~Tanny

Is that okay?

Boy, does that sound guilty.

:)

More later,

Vahktang

Hmmmm... I did work as a bairmaid for Lady Celes, who was the owner of a Tavern... does it set any kind of tendency? :huh:

;)

~Tanny

I guess I'd better pick a character....call me Wil. Not William or Bill or even Will. Just plain Wil, at yer service. I be a jack o' all trades, mum, specializin' in none. I kin do most anythin' thet needs doin', ceptin' mebbe hold a job fer more than a month or two at a time. Foot loose and fancy free is me!

Updated list of players:

Katzaniel - Katharine Horton, retired schoolteacher

MeThinksUFoolish - Wetherby Danielson, butler

Vahktang - Mr. Vahktang, Georgian gentleman on tour of the Continent

X-Sabre - George Worthington, tavern owner

Degenero Angelus - Sir Alfred Peterson, rich old Knight and nobleman

Tamaranis - James Doyle, stableboy

Ozymandias - Marcus Horton, a butcher (Katharine's son)

Nave - John Norfolk, merchant

Lady Celes Crusader - Elisabeth Christie, well-known socialite

Matteo - Gavin Doyle, Philosophy major with minor in English

Dean - Vincent Cuthbert, doctor of Chemistry

Elwen - Lady Emily Galanodel, unconventional teenage noblewoman

Eyremon - Edwyn Cooper, American soldier/mercenary just back from Africa

Gnarlitch - Wil, jack o' all trades

~~~~~~~~~~

Edited to update name/status

Edited by Tanuchan

Updating...

As we have enough players, the game thread will be up probably on Sunday night. I'll be starting with a no-killing day, so everybody can just present themselves before accusations begin.

Sign-up will be open until I send the PMs to the players on Sunday night.

Tamaranis, Deg, Matteo, I need your characters' name/status !

Edited by Tanuchan

Alright... I'll be James Doyle. Youthful, exuberent, tactless, illiterate stableboy. Since Degenero and Matteo haven't picked characters yet, I can be their looked down on younger brother or something like that... Or older brother, but then they'd be pretty young to be werewolves, and we wouldn't want anyone immune from suspicion. Especially if they were the wolf.

I guess I'll be a young man named Gavin; well educated, straight out of higher schooling and overconfident. Inteligent enough, but a little bumbly, overall a competant lad. No trade as of yet, though majored in Philosophy, with a minor in English.

Sure he could be an older brother to James, hence making his last name Doyle.

I think that should do, let me know if you need more.