The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Halloween Party.

Ozymandias

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As 'Scarlet' pushed his way further into the room and 'Eek' dove under a table, another figure appeared in the doorway, her ample curves silhouetted by the much brighter light in the corridor. After a moment's pause, she stepped into the room, putting her finger to her lips.

"This doesn't look much like a beach..." she mumbled, blinking vacantly. "I thought this was supposed to be a Hollow Weenie party. Like, where's the volleyball net? Where's the grill? This is so totally weird."

Georgia frowned and attempted to get her empty head around the problem for about three seconds before she gave a shrug that created a rather pleasing giggle behind her bikini. "As long as there are beers and boys."

Melissa strolled down the hallway, reading her invitation for the fifteenth time and still unsure where she was going. Stopping to check her unruly hair in a convenient mirror, she thought once again how nice it was that golden yellow set off her burnished bronze hair. It was nice to be able to take a bit of sunshine with you, she thought with an emphatic nod. Unfortunately, the nod was her undoing - or at least that of her hair, and the curls tumbled loosely down her back yet again. With a sigh, she gave up on trying to keep her hair pinned up and simply smoothed the curls as best she could before continuing down the hallway.

Oh, maybe this was the right place! Party Room, the sign on the door read. With a hopeful look, she pushed open the door and entered.

*Smack......Thud* The guests of the party turned around to see what looked like a huge horse leg sticking through the door. Shortly afterwards they could hear a groaning as the leg started to move. A few moments later a huge Minatore creature stepped into the Party Room. It then walked a couple of steps before falling flat on its face. After a few moments the minatore climbed back on its feet. "Maybe I should have worn a different costume." Jared muttered

Edited by Racouol

This was probably some sort of damn trick or something. A mysterious invitation to a party of a mysterious nature on hallow's eve. It was probably some damn hooligans playing some elaborate joke.

Jim hadn't been planning to go at all, but had decided at the last moment that since he wasn't doing anything else he might as well go. On the way over his distrustfull nature had taken control, however. He clenched his fists. Whoever was responsible for this odd joke wasn't going to get much amusment out of it.

He had his doubts when he came into view of the site of the supposed party. It seemed a well enough kept place, not the sort of run-down shack where unsuspecting victims are suspended from the ceiling and used as pinnatas.

Still, when Jim walked in the door he was prepared to give whoever leapt out at him a good knock on the head. No one leapt out, and the place was as impressive inside as out.

Just as confused to the nature of this party now as he had been in the beginning, Jim wandered the building until he encountered the "Party Room."

ooc: I FEEL TERRIBLE! I completely forgot! Drat the luck! If I'm no longer welcome, please have an appropriate person deleate my post immediately... but if not, I'd still LOVE to participate!

BIC:

The aged man couged desperately, as though he had been coughing half of his life. He was obviously older than most at the party, if not all... and he walked slowly, although competently. Slowly, but surely, he walked into the party, and looked around for somewhere to sit.

He was dressed plainly, but definately not poorly. His cloak was grey, and his hood covered his face. Seeing the peasant woman near the fire, he stepped over to her, and spoke, "Would you mind if I sit?"

His voice sounded old, but merry, as he waited to hear the woman's reply.

Miranda looked up into the gentle old man's face and smiled scooting over on the hearth. "Of course, please do." The old chap appeared to be the first person she thought she might feel comfortable talking with.

OOC: BTW, OZY this is going on the end of the second night and there have been no deaths of the first night yet!! *coughs and snaps her fingers* GET WITH IT THREADMASTER! *sits idly by and waits to be killed for mentioning the lack of death.* Woman, you should be thankful I made a solemn vow to use my Admin powers for good, not evil! :hmm:

--T.M.

Edited by Ozymandias the Elder

a few quick reminders and a couple of rules updates:

1) Once you are dead, allow me to do the revelation of your "true role".

2)If you are dead, no fair interupting the game! Please don't do it.

3)Due to excessive lateness (some of it my own...{:>) ) and the mismatching of our scehdules, I'm going to relax the day/night phase offical times somewhat. They will still be during actual day/night phases according to Eastern Standard Time, and approximately each midmorning and mid-night, but I will warn ye ahead of time if I'll need to be earlier or later.

4)The above also means the game's deadline is now Tuesay night, not Monday.

5)Everyone, check your PMs befor eposting the Party again! That's how you'll find out if you're alive or dead.

6)Seer, Wolves and Wolfsbaner *do NOT* forget to PM me your decisions on your next course of action so I can announce their results properly!

And now, the results of night one...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am thrilled beyond measure you could join us this first night,

and hope you keep-STAY, yes, stay a few more, but I'm afraid I must ask whoever brought their dog to please keep them properly tied. I'm afraid he's buried something rather...juicy in my lawn.

Upon inspection, the guests are horrified to find buried in a very red-stained pile of dirt, the chewed remains of...the hamburger helper their host had left on the kitchen counter. But who could have brought such an obviously large dog *inside* unseen?

And how did it get the Hamburger Helper unnoticed, when Inspector I.M. Clueless had even fitted it with a wiretap?

None dead...? My, my. Upon receiving sevral strange looks from the guests, our host smiles thinly. ...I realized the deviled eggs had actaully expired. I was fretting someone had eaten them...accidentally. HEHEHEHEh...

Inspector I. M Clueless reaches into the left pocket of his pant trousers, searching for a spare cigarette and accidentally coming across a small device with a speaker and a flashing red light attached to it. Glancing at the contraption curiously and completely forgetting about the wiretap that he had set up earlier, he holds the speaker up to his ear and listens intently only to hear the sounds of static. Confused by the strange frequencies, he takes the contraption up to the person whom he judges will be the most intelligent of those who have gathered, that person being Georgia...

Approaching the volleyball girl and handing her the device, Clueless clears his throat and says:

"Well, despite my obvious intelligence and fine sense of judgement, I'm a bit stumped as to what this sound could be. Since you appear to be the most intelligent of the bunch that have gathered here tonight, perhaps you could aid me in finding out what it is..."

Georgia glances over the device curiously, wondering what it could possibly be... She couldn't spike it, it didn't fit in her mouth, and it was a bit too small to be a cell phone. Holding the device up to her ear, the answer slowly comes to her:

"Like, this is totally the beach! What a neat seashell!"

Inspector Clueless nods slowly, jotting down notes. Beach... Willow... Mr. Eek... the hamburger helper...

It all was starting to make sense to him now.

Edited by Inspector I. M Clueless

Mmmm, custard salad. He would put in rice and raisins and cheese.

There would be a roast turkey with turnip sauce and le piece de resistance, chocolate spinach meringue....

but the rabbits had flown the coup. Tonight, they would not be on the plate, but eating the spinach! No! No! The spinach must be saved! No!

"Oh cruel world, kill the flying rabbits before they get it!" screamed Vert Gressam shooting up in bed and wincing from the sudden glare of sunlight in his wide, frightened eyes.

Being a solitary butler and of such small figure as Vert in such a large manor was a stressful job. Nightmares plagued his sleep and that thing... plagued his waking hours. Never the less... he kept a tight ship.

He kept up with the cleaning, with his master's meals, the OTHER meals, the ground keeping, the financial affairs, the public arrangements like parties...

...parties. Parties.

"Oh my god, the party!" he exclaimed and leapt out of bed with a speed that only a manservant who knows he has made a big mess of things can achieve.

*Some 5 minutes later*

Vert Gressam poked a well groomed, if somewhat harassed looking head through the kitchen entrance to the ballroom, where all the master's parties were held.

He quickly found the master distracted, talking to one of the guests and took the opportunity to sneak into the room as if he had been there since morning.

He immediately began offering around the small dishes of custard salad to the guests.

Tyrion the Zombi steps in the room hesitantly. He is suddenly reminded of his inability to speak to crowds as stage-fright seems to take control of him.

Tyrion clears his throat as he starts to speak nervously.

"Umm... 'scuse me..."

After noticing noone seems to have heard, he manages to raise his voice a little.

"Excuse me everyone! I bear a message from Ozymandias the Elder."

Tyrion looks back to notice Ozymandias watching from a distance, encouraging him to keep going.

"First of all, I would like to mention that we have found what happened to the person who ate the devilled eggs, though we still do not know who it is. On a related subject, all guests are asked to stay out of the bathroom until the mess is cleaned up."

Tyrion pauses to check the notes he wrote on his hand, shaking.

"Finally, I regret to announce that the Mighty Maroon Monkey Man was killed by ..."

The poor Zombi seemed to have erased some of the letters on his hand, and squinting would not help him decipher the words.

" ... by ... Wolfgang Puck?"

Ozymandias quickly steps in to whisper something into Tyrion's ears.

"Ohhhh," continues Tyrion. "He was killed by a wolf pack... That makes more sense."

Having finished telling his message, Tyrion the Zombi leaves the room as he tries to comfort himself for his poor speech.

"Ohmigod! Wolves?!" Georgia gasped and pressed her hands to her chest. "That totally sucks. I mean, like, he probably got all chewed and stuff, so not only did he totally get dead, but he got rat-nasty ugly, too." She chattered on and on, working herself into a proper frenzy. "Ohmigod! Maybe I'm next! I totally don't want to die ugly! I have Gucci nails and, like, a Versace bikini. I'm way too expensive to get chewed to tiny bits!"

With a great, heaving sob, she turned to IM Clueless beside her and wrapped her arms around him, burying her head against his trenchcoated shoulder.

"A WOLF pack?! How in the world.. oh, he must have been outside," Melissa said, as if talking to herself. She tossed a sofa pillow down by the fireplace and sank onto it, carefully arranging her skirt around herself. "Well, that being the case, i'm certainly not going outside!"

She sat quietly by the warm fire, almost purring in comfort. As she filed her lovely long nails she began to wish their host had given them a map of the house with essential rooms carefully noted.

Miranda sat wide eyed and horrified a chill of goosebumps rising on her arms despite the warmth of the fire she sat next to. Scooting close to the older man next to her she shuddered as her eyes teared up from fear or horror, or perhaps both.

the man under the table darted out. His head quickly jerked about as it looked everywhich way. He seemed to be searching for the wolf pack.

"What is the world coming to?" he asked in alarm and covered his face with his hands. "Oh, OH OHH!"

Blaming the interuption from the zombie for the lack of success of his custard salad, Vert moodily put down the platter with a single gap between bowls and stalked off toward the entrance to clean up after the guests undoubtably muddy shoes.

Quick note- due to schedualing conflicts, i am rewriting the timing portion of the rules, to make things managable. I'm extending the end of the game until wednesday night. The wolves they make their one kill per day at any time each calendar day starting today on through wednesday. The same thing goes for the wolfsbaner's protected target and the seer will get to ask about one player per each calendar day from now through wednesday.

That also means, starting today there must be a vote on who you will lynch each day from now through wednesday. One vote per calendar day, one lynching per calendar day. Hunt, hunt, hunt! -T.M.

Public. My dear, entertained public! How could any of your bright, shining, wet...juicy...Ahem! lights have been snuffed out so cruelly. And so valiant, hard-working, meaty...er, um...steady a villager the Mighty Maroon Monkey Man was. Raised lovely bananas on his banana ranch, he did...even though they were all purple for some reason...

To reiterate in plainer English, votes are public- here in the thread, and The Monkey Man was a villager. Not Seer, Werewolf, or Wolfsbaner. Poor, poor villager.

Inspector I. M Clueless pats Georgia on the back as she cries into his trenchcoat sleave, gently informing her that the coat was just recently washed and thus that her offer to wash it for him with her tears was appreciated but unecessary. Glancing at the Inspector in a confused manner, the volleyball girl sniffs and blinks as she ponders just what in the hell the detective could possibly be talking about...

Clueless completely ignores the fact that someone has been murdered and instead focusses on Tyrion the Zombi's mentioning of Wolfgang Puck. After all, the famous chef mysteriously fit right into the investigation's equation... wherever a hamburger helper was to be found, Wolfgang Puck's recipes were sure to follow.

Rubbing his chin thoughtfully, I. M Clueless takes Georgia by the hand and exclaims:

"Come Georgia, I'll need someone of your intelligence for interogating people. I'm certain that you'll easily be able to distinguish whether someone's bluffing or not, and will also be able to help stop me from walking around in circles..."

Slowly scouting about the room and approaching Barclay B. Scarlettenniavordsmanville, the Inspector clears his throat to get the pompous man's attention and then mutters:

"Mr. Barclay... where were you the night that Wolfgang Puck's Live, Love, Eat! book was first published?"

"Wolfgang Puck...?" responds Scarlet in a haughty tone "Why, I never read books on the cuisine of common folk! I don't know what night it was published, and doubt that I would remember what I did on that night regardless. Unless of course it was one of my polo nights..."

Inspector I. M Clueless considers this excuse and glances towards Georgia in a concerned manner. Noticing this, she looks up and chirps:

"Like, I heard that polo is totally for rich folks, but it's sooooo lame compared to volleyball!"

Inspector I. M Clueless carefully considers this statement, then nods and jots down a few more notes on his pad.

Leaving Scarlet and thanking him for his time, the Inspector proceeds to wander up to the waiter, Vert Gressman.

"Mr. Gressman..." starts Inspector Clueless "... I see that you've made a particularly charming plate of apple pie."

"Errr... it's custard salad." responds Vert.

"Yes... well, would this salad recipe come from a Wolfgang Puck cookbook by any chance?"

"Why no sir... it's a recipe I invented myself."

Inspector I. M Clueless turns once again towards Georgia.

"Salads are groooooss."

Edited by Inspector I. M Clueless