The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Halloween Party.

Ozymandias

Some clairification for my clarifcation- (*SIGH*)

1)The post that was here before never happened.

2)Any deaths beyond the ones the wolves have told me have been by lynch vote. What I was trying to do was close each vote as soon as we had a majoity on someone, since I'd become completely lost as to when people were/could be posting. For some reason I didn't explain that earlier. Sorry. :>(

3)Not everyone *has* to vote, but there *must* be one on who to lynch.

4)Remember, one vote is left, and one werewolf kill.

5)Voting *cannot* be resolved until a tie for lynching nominee is broken. As per rules, one majority vote= one lynching.

6)We will wait until all living characters have resolved the vote in their own particular...idiom, and then will resolve the last werewolf kill, then declare winner, in that order.

Have at!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inspector Clueless rubs his chin thoughtfully, narrowing his eyes and glancing suspiciously at all of those involved in the argument at hand. Quickly snatching a glass of wine from the banquet table and nonchalantly pouring out it's contents onto the recently vacuumed rug, the Inspector proceeds to carefully glance through the glass in the hopes of it magnifying some barely noticable clue... He quickly abandones this idea, however, as the distorted images seen through the glass quickly make him dizzy...

Mumbling something under his breath about how Sherlock Holmes must have had a strong stomache, Inspector I. M Clueless lifts his head as Vert mentions once again how the horse-driven carriage is now in the river. Quickly pulling out a messy portfolio labeled "Wolfgang Puck," the Inspector rapidly flips through it until he comes across a particular page and exclaims:

"This is just like Wolfgang Puck's television show "Seafood Adventurers..." only the tuna is being replaced by horse meat. Interesting indeed!"

Rushing up to Miranda and grabbing her by the shoulders, Clueless begins roughly shaking her and exclaims in a trembling voice:

"Miranda, where were you the night that Wolfgang Puck's show "Potato Perfection" was first aired?!?!"

Miranda stares at Clueless in confusion, pulling herself away from his grip as she responds:

"What the-? How could you be talking about cooking at a time like this, Mr. Clueless?! Have you even noticed Nathaniel's current state yet?"

"No, I haven't..." growls Clueless, turning towards the motionless body of Nathaniel lying on the ground. "But I certainly will now! Nathaniel, where were you the night that "Potato Perfection" was aired?!"

Miranda and the others glare at Clueless in speechless shock (with the exception of Georgia who contents herself with simply drinking Scarlet's beverage).

After a long moment of silence, Clueless stares at Nathaniel's body and continues:

"Ahha, so you're giving me the silent treatment are you Nathaniel? Well... let me ask you this: it's been noted that you're classified as a Wolfsbane. Are you aware, Nathaniel, that Wolfsbane is a herb that is sometimes used in cooking?"

Still no response from the motionless body of Nathaniel.

"You're acting mighty suspicious, Nathaniel..." mutters Clueless, pulling out a handcuff out of his left pant pocket. "I'm gonna have to take you down to the station for further interogation..."

"Clueless!" cries Miranda finally through sobs and tears. "Can't you see that Nathaniel is dead?!"

The Inspector pauses upon hearing this and scratches his head for a bit, standing for a long moment in silence before stuffing the handcuff back into his pockets and quietly muttering:

"I see... he must have eaten the horse meat seafood platter..."

Edited by Inspector I. M Clueless

"I suppose it would make no difference to any of you if I said I think Miranda did it? After all, you all seem quite determined to lynch Jim." says Vert testilly when people appear too distracted to pay him any attention.

It is at this point that Vert realises that the deluded guest in a corney Sherlock Holmes get up has just poured the entire contents of a wine glass onto the floor.

As none (or at least very few) of the other guests had taken notice of this, it is only natural to assume that they are somewhat shocked when the petit but dignified looking butler, hoists Inspector I. M. Clueless up by the neck and says "There are things in this house that would just LOVE to sink their teeth into you, Monsieur! Shall I introduce you?"

We've dangled Jim until he's dead. He breathes no more, but wait! What strange hair creeps, with mounting dread? Why his eyes do turn yellow in his head!

'Tis a foul werewolf we have put to death!

Fortunate are we, to have caught the monster in only two tries! The Monkey and Nathaniel, I'm sure lay no fault as they look on from the skies.

His companions, had he any, surely must have flown. For we've heard of wolves in packs, but werewolves? None that I have known.

Your host shrugs expansivley, even as he casually slides an overlarge dog bowl labeled only "Fluffy" under the table.

Alrighty, now for the results! You villagers (special and non-special) came within a hair's breadth of catching both wolves in the time alloted. We had so many schedule muck-ups, and I have given the matter careful other consideration as well, I'll name Aegon winner, since he not only fingered the wolves correctly on his first two guesses, but remained one of the most enthusiastic and regular players. A, me boy, your prize...is you get to host the next Werewolf game.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

G'night. Thanks all, for playing. I had fun. Hope you did too. :>)

PSHAW!

Should have kept it open! I would have had them eating out of my hand!!

Plan:

Kill Aegon, then claim the real werewolf did it to set her up since he had accused her and was right about Jim. *grins*

Was fun, thanks!

~Salinye :butterfly:

HURRAH! The one guess I made was correct! ...I even based it on observation rather than just picking a name. :)

*Canid is now very happy...*

Congratulations Ageon! Smartly done... good character too. *grins*

Now please take your horse and carriage out of the river. ;)

Unaware that the mystery has drawn to a close, Inspector I. M Clueless gently rubs his aching neck and carefully flips through the pages of the Wolfgang Puck cookbook Modern French Cooking for the American Kitchen. There were many people he was beginning to suspect, but there still seemed to be some element that was missing from the puzzle... something that he had overlooked. Sorting through his notes, he rubs his chin and considers the potential culprits...

Vert Gressam, the alleged butler of the party. He had acted in a particularly sensitive manner to Clueless' pouring red wine onto the rug. Red wine... an ingredient found in many of Wolfgang Puck's dishes. There was certainly a connection there, though he couldn't quite establish what it was.

Tyrion the Zombi, the messanger of the mysterious host of the party. He had been the first to mention Wolfgang Puck, and then had mysteriously disappeared from the scene. Clueless had noticed something suspicious about his demeanor when he had announced the death of the Mighty Maroon Monkey Man, and knew very well that one could substitute the roast beef in "Wolfgang’s Bacon-Wrapped Meat Loaf" with monkey meat... Oh yes.

As much as Clueless hated to admit it, Georgia was also a suspect... Sighing and placing an empty carton of cigarettes into his mouth, the Inspector falls into a state of sorrowful contemplation. He knew her type... the girl was smart. Too smart. If there was one thing that Clueless had learned from all those nights of watching detective films, it was that the smartest dames were usually the murderers.

The only person that Clueless was absolutely certain had nothing to do with the murder was Jim, who had no connections to Wolfgang Puck whatsoever.

Yet there was still something wrong... something missing. Running down the list of ingredients for Wolgang Puck's "Corn Chowder with Littleneck Clams and Jalapeño Cream" recipe, Inspector I. M Clueless sighs and shakes his head in exhaustian. It didn't make any sense, there was nothing connecting the recipes, all of them used different ingredients. Rubbing his forehead and glancing at the picture presented for the dish, the Inspector suddenly notices an interesting detail that had previously slipped by his attention. The dish was visible because of light.

Clueless' eyes widen as he turns to the picture on the next page, only to find that it's also visible because of light. Turning to another random page, Clueless is once again shocked to find the same result. Flipping through the cookbook, the Inspector's eyes widen further and further as he notices that every single recipe's picture is visible because of light. Of course! People who cooked needed light to see their ingredients! At night, they even needed-

Inspector Clueless drops the cookbook he's holding in shock and stutters as the truth suddenly hits him like a freight train. Wasting no time at all, the Inspector screams "of COURSE!" and immediatly rushes as fast as he can towards the entrance of the Party hall. The spot where a certain suspect had deliberatly chosen not to answer any of his questions...

Arriving at the entrance, the Inspector is horrified to find that the lamp is gone.

"No..." whispers Clueless, his clenched fists turning white as anger mounts due to his realization that he's too late "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Hearing a sound behind him, Clueless turns only to find Vert leaving from the room, holding the lamp in his arms.

"AhHA!" cries Clueless, pointing a finger at Vert and rushing towards him. The butler turns around startled and stares at the Inspector in a confused manner.

"W-what-"

"It's over Vert." says Clueless coldly, grinning while reaching for one of his handcuffs. "The lamp is through, he's caused enough harm as it is."

"Why, that's the very reason I'm going to change it's lightbulb." responds Vert. "I agree that it was shining too brightly..."

"I should have known the two of you were in cohoots." mutters Clueless while letting out a cold laugh and snatching the lamp from out of Vert's hands. "Just cooperate, Vert, and I'll see to it that your sentence is reduced by a few years."

"Why..." manages Vert in a mixture of anger and confusion "Whatever are you doing?! Put that down!"

"You're under arrest!" exclaims Clueless to the lamp, trying to lock his handcuff onto it but finding once again that it doesn't fit. The Inspector tries to hook on the handcuff from various angles , only to once again break down into a fit of crying when he finds that he can't attach it in any way...

;-p

P.S: I enjoyed roleplaying with you guys in this. ;-) Recipe and cookbook sources credited to www.wolfgangpuck.com