The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Return...

Elwen

Return

The slender, dark-haired woman gathered her white cloak closer to herself, and peered through the darkness at the familiar shape of the castle, looming on the horizon. Finally sighing, the young-seeming Elf picked up her pack, and slinging it over her shoulders, walked quickly towards the entrance.

The time she had spent in solitary silence, brief as it was, had done her worlds of good. Away from the magic-imbued atmosphere of the Pen-though, as a doubly enchanted creature, Elf and kitsune, she normally found the ambient magic soothing, it played merry hell with her shielding, especially after experiencing Aural’s torture through their link had ruined her wards-, she had been able to rebuild her shields. And after a while, the dark visions that had haunted her-both memories, hers and Aural’s, and strange visions of the future-had ended as well. For the first time in several months, the reborn kitsune was at peace with herself.

And she hoped that her twin had managed to find some peace as well.

She had initially left the Pen to seek out, once again, the man from her past who had tortured her brother, as revenge upon her. Other matters had taken her attention, and she hadn’t been able to finish what she had started: first, seeking the Morninglark harp, then briefly being drawn into Lady Salinye’s problems, before learning that her brother had been kidnapped, and going to track him down. Then she had gone after the harp, to finish that quest before more troubles started, and all sorts of problems had come crashing down, including her own near-death from grief at a seemingly unrequited love.

Elwen had thought it prudent to /not/ return to the Pen until she had herself under control and her revenge complete. She had insisted, however, that Aural stay there, and her extremely shaken brother had complied for once-and Elwen had thought she would die of the shock. There were very few things that surprised her anymore, as she was a thousand years old, but Aural Moonflower actually listening to someone for a change was something she thought she’d never see. That important business complete, the reborn kitsune simply disappeared, leaving a note behind to explain her absence.

~I have things I need to take care of, and I need to get my heart and mind in order. I will return once that is complete. –Elwen~

Elwen paused, her hand on the door.

Would she actually be welcome back? In her opinion, she hadn’t exactly endeared herself to anyone (besides Damon, but that was kind of obvious). Would anyone (besides Damon, but he was her fiancé, after all: if he hadn’t missed her, then something was really wrong.) have missed her? The once-cold kitsune didn’t admit it, but she-and Aural-both knew that she had enjoyed the company of those at the Pen, even if they disliked her.

/Only one way to find out./ Elwen thought, and opened the door. The elven woman stepped through, her motion jostling a string on the enchanted harp she carried, and the sound echoed throughout the entrance hall of the Pen.

Elwen sighed.

What would the future bring? She was not a ForeSeer, not like Aural, she couldn’t ForeSee the future.

She just had to face it, one day at a time. Live for the moment, for it all could end in a second’s time. Elwen was ancient, but even she knew the touch of death.

/I must not waste any more time./ she thought, and walked down the halls, straight for the Conservatory. Her beloved might be there…

~Owari~

In case you couldn’t tell from this little story, I’m back now. I decided to actually tell my return IC, to get back into my IC persona after my hiatus. I’m OK now, if still a bit shaky, but time makes everything pass. Thanks for understanding, everyone. *smiles* I may disappear for a little while throughout the school year, as this is my senior year and I’m a full IB student, but I won’t take a months-long vacation. Just thought I’d let you go. Ja mata ne!

[Elrohir]

Elrohir walked briskly, his thoughts in a brown study. He was terribly late, but there were so many last minute details to which to attend before pleasure. He trusted his dad, Peredhil, would represent the family politely until he could arrive to help.

Seeing a missed, but familiar face, his words burst out in surprised pleasure,

"Lady of Stars!"

Blushing slighty, he stopped and bowed to her

"M'Lady, nearly everyone is at the social mixer, the Fall Ball. Lady Ashela is hosting it to complete her Quill Quest. Considering the chaotic timelines of our residents, I had the foresight to ask for extra invitation. If you'll take this one, please take a moment, and do drop by.

You should see a few familiar faces there, and perhaps meet some new ones.

If you'll excuse me?" With another bow, he hurries off.

[/Elrohir]

(OoC: Welcome back!)

Ashke?! Meow!!!!!!!

A massive smle spreads across the half-demon's face as he glomps onto Elwen.

Ashke, I've missed you sooooo much! I can't really believe you've come back! Meow! Meow! Meow! I... *inhales* really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really missed and still do miss you. Um... Welcome back!

*can barely contain himself in the RL* I'm just so happy... Meow! I'm going to go write a poem now.

>^_^< My ashke's come back! Meow! Meow!