The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

A Madame Quixotic Prophecy Solution

Peredhil

All alternate definitions taken from the Funk & Wagnalls Standard Desk Dictionary.

Kind you are, but deep are the wounds.  Soon, you will do something you have not done in a very VERY long time.  You will take a small journey...alone.

Completely alone.

Through this journey you will find yourself enlightened.  With that enlightenment a small corner of your heart will mend.  However, caution is advisable.  Heed the advice of your sons before you leave, for their advice will not lead you astray on your long overdue trip.

Later, Elrond sat at dinner with his family. Over the quiet clinks of crystal and the murmur of dinner conversation, he told them of the prophecy.

"Weren't you a Seer at one time," queried Elladan, "I seem to remember that."

"It was in the Eighth Plane, the lands under the Rune Quest. It was a strange thing, I'd get visuals, but no audio. Like little holograms."

"Future, present, or both?" Nuncio was now interested, this was before his time with the Elves. He sat for a moment and followed with a non-sequiter, "And why are you a Half-Elf, but the boys are Elves?"

"That last is easy, the first generation resulting from the mixture of Human and Elf had the Choice. That choice was binding on all future generations issuing from the union. Thus I chose to be an Elf and am of one kind with them, and Elros chose to be of Human-kind.

"He founded the kingdom of Numenior, which made Aragon a distant nephew who married his cousin, many times removed." Sipping his wine, he continued on to the first question.

"The visions I saw, a Seer being a See-er, where mostly of the present or past, but once or twice they were of the future. Only in that plane however."

"I," Elladan mused, "always thought the descriptions sounded like those you could see in a Palantir. Whenever I was in the area, I'd use the Seeing Stone in the Tower by the Shipwright to try to glimpse the Undying Lands." Peredhil nodded a quiet agreement.

"Why aren't you a Seer still?"

"I'm not sure. It could have something to do with passage to the Undying West. The voyage was perilous, following the Star of my father's ship. Parts of it passed through time and space which were not natural to Elves. Of us all, Frodo had it easiest. He was the only one who wasn't sea-sick at least once. All of our kind, the Elves, from Galadriel to the boys here, were very sick on the voyage. Even the Gandalf was heaving a few. One reason we avoid sailing."

The twins gave fervent nods to this!

"Deep are the wounds we incurred over Ulmo's deeps!"

"What kinda wounds?" Guido asked, eyes shining. He loved it when they got the Boss talking.

"Well, with the exception of the Undying West and the Rune Quest's plane, we've had extremely delicate digestion - apparently constipation of the body gives a Seer constipation of the Inner Eye. The light of the Rune gave us such diarrh-"

"You should drink more water Dad," interjected Elladan, while Elrohir offered, "If you'd lay off the chocolate before dinner you'd be better off," at the same time. Smiling, they concluded with the constipation motto, "Don't push or you'll blow an O-ring!"

Elrond shook his head at their crudity even as he smiled at them both and crunched happily into his chocolate and puffed rice dessert. Turning to Guido and Nuncio, Elrohir smiled and gestured with a "you're letting him eat like this?" only to get rueful shrugs acknowledging that Elrond listened, smiled, and then did whatever he wanted. At their look, Peredhil switched to water for the rest of the meal.

The conversation passed onto the works of Pen artists and the Politics of the White Rose.

Hours later, Elrond woke with tummy cramps. Pulling his knees up to his chest, he rode the pain out. Healer he was, but some things were part of the body's natural rhythmns and shouldn't be altered. He shouldn't have had that fourth serving, but Elladan had gone hunting for Tricorn in another Plane as a special treat, and it had tasted so GOOD.

Feeling bloated, heavy of body and eyelids, he wrestled his way from under the covers and began the long lonely trip, staggered, drunk with pain and fatigue, toward the door. A sour burp filled his mouth with the nasty taste of acid and brocoli.

Stubbing his toe on a chair that should've been two feet further to the left, he smothered an Impolite word, knowing his words contained Power. The lessons of the Third Plane had taught all of them to be wary of tempting the Sisters Weird and their knack of causing curses to come about.

He was nearly to his goal when his intestines did a strange twisting dance. Something that hadn't happened in centuries was on his way. He definitely wasn't constipated tonight! He hoped he'd make it the last few steps...

~time passes~

Though his eyes were tearing, he felt pounds lighter than before he'd sat down. There was still something roiling within him which felt like a beast clawing its way to freedom. Remember the boys advice, he resisted the urge to push, settling for stomach massage.

With nothing to do, the smell and fatigue left him light-headed and dizzy. With a gut-wrenching spasm, his body finally purged itself, releasing its load. At the same moment, the vision formed from the spikes and moire patterns of his closed eyes.

He knew where his wife's picture was!

After cleaning up and casting a few air purifying cantrips, he began a solitary trip back to his chambers, heart and body both lighter than when he'd set out.

*cackles*

Well that was entertaining. Never imagined Elrond quite so vulnerable to physical ailments, nor disposed to describe them. *snicker*

I'm not familiar with Madeame Quixotic's prophecy. Somehow I get the feeling its not part of tolkein's lore. But then again, I haven't been here very long.