The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Explanation and invitation(please read and join!)

Salinye

Hello! I wanted to open a thread of ooc explanation, and also to answer any questions people might have regarding my quill quest. You will see a post entitled “Madame Quixotic.” This is the main character of my Quill Quest Project. I am hoping that as many of you as possible will want to participate in this!!

Basically, this is what I have in mind. Over the next few days I will complete the original posts that will introduce the wandering drifter type of fortune teller arriving at The Pen Castle to stay for little while as an “honored guest”. This fortune teller is a raving lunatic. Hilariously mad. However, the rumor has it that regardless of how much of a nut case she is, her predictions are NEVER EVER wrong.

While she is staying as a guest at The Pen, people may make appointments (sign up) to have their fortunes read. I will start a third thread that will contain a unique post in short story form for each person’s appointment. So, for instance, if Ayshela makes an appointment (Signs up) with Madame Quixotic, then she would shortly there after find a story post on the predictions thread outlining just exactly how that appointment went. (Each will be unique.) Within that story post would also be a prediction about Ayshela’s near future.

Now comes the fun part. :0) Once a character has had a reading done, it is then up to YOU to write up how that prediction comes to pass in your characters life, because after all, Madame Quixotic is NEVER wrong.

Now, for you who hesitate and fear putting the fate of your character into someone else’s hands, let me further explain. It is up to each writer to interpret the meaning of their char’s prediction. For instance, If I were to say, “Annael will fall for a handsome stranger.” She could easily interpret that literally and write her character tripping over Daryl and landing at the feet of a handsome stranger.

Now, I assure you, the predictions I create will not be frivolous one-liners. They will have depth, yet be vague enough to give you creative freedoms with them. Also, it is my opinion, that any good writer could creatively twist these predictions to any outcome they wish. :0)

Solo works are wonderful. I also encourage co-authored works, or rp’s. Getting together with other char’s at The Pen in order to make your prediction come true is highly encouraged, but not required. :0) Most of all, I just want everyone to have fun with this!

Don’t be timid to sign up! I have already been thinking of many of you and jotting down notes when I get good ideas as to what to use as predictions for your wonderfully unique characters. I so hope you’ll all join me in this fun adventure!

Please feel free to ask any questions here and I’ll do my best to answer them. Please don’t sign your character up on my Quill Quest thread yet, as it is not complete. I will put a note up when my original story introducing this character and her arrival to The Pen is finished and ready to take appointments. :0)

I’m so excited to be part of this and can’t wait to read the awesome works it sparks!!

In summary, this is the steps to how this Quill Quest will work:

1. Original story thread introducing Madame Quixotic is completed.

2. Any OOC questions can be answered in this ooc thread (steps one and two coincide)

3. Participants sign each character they wish to participate up on the completed original thread.

4. Participants email me at salinye@hotmail.com or pm me with a quick summary of their characters involved so I will write them up accurately. (physical appearances, any relations to other char’s etc Basically anything you feel would be important for me to know about your character in advance.

5. I will post a prediction story post on the Prediction thread.

6. I will create one more final thread that will have links to all the completed works written by participants as to how these predictions came to pass in their characters lives.

I apologize for the delay in posting more of the arrival of Madame Quixotic. I'm halfway through the next post and have stumbled into a small wall! BUT with any luck, I'll rise above that by tomorrow night!!

Thanks for your patience, and I hope you're considering joining the fortune telling fun. (madness, fun, it's all good. *grins)

~Salinye :butterfly:

Hey all!

I just wanted to let everyone know that today (Saturday July 19th) I will be busy from dawn until really really really late at night, so I won't be posting any predictions until Sunday Night. :0) I also won't be answering any pm's until then. I just didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them. :0)

Thanks to all who have started sending me bios and info I need about their char's before each reading! Have a lovely weekend!!

I just wanted to let everyone know a few things. First, I"m really enjoying doing these predictions!

Secondly, I'm sorry only two are completed. I'm halfway through Zool's. I had hoped to have it done tonight. I have a huge project due in a week, that is demanding a lot of my time. (Shoosh GyrE!) Once that's done, the predictions will be popping up much quicker. :0)

So, be patient and dont give up on me! They might pop up slowly over the next week, but they'll speed up after that! I'mloving your posts signing up and have been scribbling all kinds of ideas down when I think of them. :0) Anyone else is welcome to still sign up. I'm doing the predictions in order, so be aware if you sign up today it could be a few weeks before I get to you. So far I have 2 down and 19 to go lol!!

I have this horrible head cold too,so my brain is a bit on overfry! Thanks for everything!

Just thought i would note that i am thoroughly enjoying reading and re-reading the sign up thread for this. IMHO this holds some of the best in-character writing i've seen in the months i've been here. i love it!

HUGE *hugs* to Salinye for setting this in train, i'm looking forward to seeing this play out.

LOL *hugs Ayshela back* I am having a GREAT time writing these and reading what people write. :0) I can't wait until the end of this week after my project is done and I have more time to write!!! :0)

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! That was the whole point, really. :0)

I'll try to get to the next prediction in the next few days. I wanted to let you know my husband is out of town this week, which is always hard for me. On top of me being a pathetic sappy baby when he's gone, it also leaves me with a lot less writing time as I'm soley responsible for the house and kids etc. So it may be slow going this week. Just a warning. :0)

Falcon, yours is next. :0)

• 1 month later...

I know, you're all shocked I actually got a prediction written! I didn't go in order (AGAIN). It's been so long, I wanted to start with an easy one to get myself back in teh swing of things. Way back when I started this I got an idea for Wyvie and had it already half written (the middle part oddly enough lol). Anyway, so that's where I started. :0)

Enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...

FALCON!

You've been so patient, and finally I have your prediction up! For some reason I had a hard time doing you justice!! I hope the prediction sits well with you. :0) PM me if you have any concerns!!!

BTW...*cough* Zool *cough* Justin *cough*

Also, according to my list, Miss Rydia is next.... SHIIIINNNYYYYYYY!

Edited by Salinye

Okay, it has been brought to my attention that Quincunx/Rydia/Minta is off the net for a little while. Here is the next few people in order as it stands:

Rydia

Salinye

Gyrfalcon

Minta

Daryl

Orlan

Valdar

Annael

So, I think what I'll do is skip Rydia and Minta for a while since she's off net for a bit and I'll do her when she's back. In the meantime I"m changing the order around as so:

Gyrfalcon

Salinye

Orlan

Valdar

Daryl

Annael

I tried to seperate GyrE's two characters a bit too. :0) So, in case you're an avid Madame Q follower, that's the lineup for the next couple of weeks at least. :0)

Enjoy!!! I'm having so much fun! BTW, it's never too late to sign up as long as you have patience and know it may be a bit before I get to your character. :0) I'll keep Madame Q around as long as there is interest!!

• 3 weeks later...

BAH! I've given up on posting in order! I'm finding I need to write on whichever character I have the muse strongest for at that moment. I have tid bits written and saved on many people as ideas come to me. I find that when I have one character's idea spinning in my head it's very hard to fight that to write another's. SO, I'm just going to start writing them as they come to me. :0)

I hope that's alright with everyone! I think I'll ultimately get them done quicker this way!!

BTW, you people who have had readings! *cough* Get writing! lol *hugs*