The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Story Writing Exercise...

Okay, here is how this exercise will work. I have created ten sentences. Numbered 1 through 10. You have until This Sunday (May 11th) to post your choice of three of those numbers. Then sometime Sunday evening I will post the list of the ten unassociated sentences. The writing exercise is then to write a short story/essay incorporating those three sentences into it as if it is naturally part of the flow of the story. As if you would have used them in your story whether you had to or not. :0)

Now, I'd like to do this writing exercise too, but want to be fair, so I'll ask the all mighty Gyrfalcon if he would kindly choose three numbers for me. :0)

Thanks, this should be fun, I can't wait to see what stories spring up!

~Salinye :butterfly:

The timer starts........NOW! *grins* (It's not like you can't join in later, but would be more fun spontaneously getting three sentences instead of picking three sentences from the list. Forces more creative writing. :0))

Edited by Salinye

The time has come!!!

Now there are very few rules for this exercise. You must use the three sentences in your work, no particular order is necesary. :0) Have fun and I can't wait to read what you create!! I tried to leave everything remotely ambiguous so that you could write within whichever time period/genre that you wished to. If there is an underline I left blank it is because I didn't want to name a character for you. :0) I'll start a new thread for your completed works. :0)

Here they are (Written in advance of the post):

1. Sighing relieved, she thinks, "That must NEVER happen again."

2. The sweet sounds of nature hummed all around the forest as though harmonizing with his thoughts.

3. The two blades attacked and parried rhythmically while not one drop of blood had yet dropped to the pristine marble floor.

4. ______ shuddered hearing the eerie distant howl of a wolf and pulled her blanket tightly around her.

5. Grumbling he dislodged his axe from the back of the now limp form of the creature.

6. "Here, cookies can get you anything."

7. Twirling round and round each graceful movement it's own work of art, she danced until the pain washed away leaving each fluid movement as the only thoughts of her mind.

8. ________ looked up from his crouched position with an insane look in his eye, coolly replying, "You will not win."

9. ________ ducked with a grin watching the shoe barely miss his head while thinking, "a feisty woman with good aim...Could be worse."

10. ...and thus a new proclamation was posted in the Cabaret the next day stating in bold black letters: ALL Pen initiates, members and especially Elders, MUST remember that failure to remain fully clothed when outside your personal quarters CAN be detrimental to your health.

Edited by Salinye

• 1 month later...