The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Analogies

Salinye

Fear is like fire. If you fan the first fuming embers it can grow to a blaze comsuming everything in its path.

OOC: Just thought it might be fun to swing some analagies around. :0) If it ends up being fun I'll post more topics. :0)

Fear is like sunshine - it wakes you up and makes you blind to everything around you.

Of course, fear doesn't have the good side benefits sunshine does *g* But it was the first thing I could think of. :)

I like this kind of post, thanks Salinye - more! :)

Edited by Starlight

Fear is like a plunge into dark, icy water. It rips the air from your lungs, leaving a stabbing pain in your chest, both denying for a brief second the ability to react, and boosting all senses tremendously.

No NO NO...Alarm clocks are like MEN, Loud and annoying. However, slap them around long enough, they eventually shut up.

ROFL JK JK JK JKJKJKJK

LOL I hope my husband doesn't see that. *giggles* I'm ofcourse JUST KIDDING!

~Salinye (Who will go hide now thx.) Posted Image

*Stick coughs as if to get attention, then acts as if nothing happened*

Who? What? Oh yeah, fear.

Fear's like some sort of heavy pack that you carry around, that probably has some food in it. It can hold you back, it may be useful, but it may not. It all depends on the situation, really. You're not going to take a heavy pack with food in it to a job interview now, are you? Heh, didn't think so. The same goes for rollercoasters, romantic dates and scary movies. Heh. Think about it... it sounds stupid, but I think I'm right here...

LOL!

I was ONLY teasing! I in no way believe that quote to be reality. :0) Especially since I married my best friend and favorite person to be around. :0)

~Salinye

(farthest thing from a man hater on the planet. :0))

Also not a man hater. I figured that you were kidding, but that was half the fun. Dry humor is something I rather enjoy, after all.

Anyhow... Fear is like a drug. The right kinds, in the right quantities, are useful. But too little does nothing at all, and too much will either cause serious damage or kill you. And some people are more resistant to it than others.