things that never

were there

once upon a time

when life was good,

worries were none,

gloom was unknown.

my oh so

troubled mind.

argh..........it feels unfinished to me, but darnit!! nothing else is coming out. :yuifrown::censored:

Reminds me of how I felt about my parents when I was 15 or so. The constant pushing of someone who wants to be in your life when you feel that they in no way can understand what your going through.

Without reading that last statement, it sounds like it is finished to me. When you throw in the fact that you dont think it sounds finished...suddenly I dont either. hehe. Maybe keep working on it and post the final when your done?

...well you could just keep going on with your current train of thought, ya know... Listing more reasons why it's better for him not to talk/know you... I personally like making my poems to return to the beginning theme/thought in some way, shape, or form...

Turn it reflective: i.e. knowledge of you troubled mind would spoil the image he has of you... or would trouble him as well... or that despite it all say, you like the attention anyway cause it offers a light or hope or something mushing like that... I mean... you could take all kinds of places... But i'm not in your head... so it's all pretty much guess work...

hope that helps...

revery

the dreamlost

"But if sense conveys reason

Reason conveys consideration

Consideration of the reason for rhyming at all" DRN draft 3...

the dream continues...

Edited by reverie

yeah, that helps quite a bit. thanks guys. I'll have to try working on it....soon, while I still feel like writing.

Heh...it probably only sounded unfinished to me because I wrote it in the space of something like 15 minutes. And didn't go back over it. Bad me. :rolleyes:

Blondie- don't worry about it. I write all my poems in the space of 5-10 min. 20 max. And I never go over them. Why? Same reason I don't check my answers on tests... (My head still hurts from 7th period biology today) First instinct is the right instinct. Sure, I proofread so I don't look like an dumb***, but I don't change the content.

Also, I could really connect.

Rune - Remember "I.C.C." should be "I.C.r.C."

Why didn't I put the r in originally? too lazy. and it's optional.