The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

My app

A poem I wrote when I was really depressed, as usual, lol. I thought it was good enough to use as my app.

In the darkness of my mind it calls

Waiting, wanting, trying to consume me

What is this thing that stalks me?

What is it that infests my every thought?

It calls to me again, from the shadows

Waiting, watching for me to make a mistake

Why do I resist, fight for my very soul?

What is it that causes me to resist?

There it is again, I cannot escape

Waiting, desiring a moment of weakness

Why does it want my very essence?

What is this thing that haunts me?

I try to run it follows, I try to hide it is waiting for me.

Waiting, exasperating every effort to claim me.

What is it that makes this thing stay?

What can I do to escape?

I have reached the end.

I have no escape.

Can this be the end, can it finally be over?

Can I finally rest from this endless struggle?

As it nears I can see it more clearly.

I finally see it, and I cannot bear what I see.

How can this be it?

How can it be that it has been myself all along?

Interesting poem...

Depression deos that ya know...

What I find most interesting, is that we have the same birthday.

Same day, Same month, Same year. Creepy...

Wyv- don't use some creepy evil twin thing in your post where you accept (or don't) the new initiate.

Please.

Edit: Although it might be quite comedic if you do...

Building up all of his courage while clutching his application tightly in his right hand, Archaneus bravely wanders up to the door of the Recruiter's Office and knocks on it four times, expecting to be greeted by idle nothingness after hearing several stories about the impromptu Elder of Initiates and his time-consuming schemes. Much to Archaneus' surprise, however, the door to the Office is opened immediatly by Wyvern himself, who is dressed in a white barbershop smock outfit complete with it's very own token phony 70s-style barber moustach ™. The overgrown lizard grins and tries to utter a hardy barber's laugh while enthusiastically stroking his moustach... but all that he can manage is a sinister cackle, and upon stroking his moustach the loosely-attached piece of hair comes flying off of his snout and lands directly in a bottle of hair conditioner. Noticing that the lizard's Office has been remodeled into a beauty parlor, Archaneus quickly turns to run, but is unfortunatly pulled into the room by an almost-dragonic hand before he can do so...

Seating Archaneus on an elevated salon stool, Wyvern snatches the applicant's poem from his hand and carefully reads it over, preparing several menacing-looking hair contraptions surrounding Archaneus' seat as he does so. The nervous applicant tries to move from his position, but finds himself strapped down by several safety belts lining the chair. Picking up a variety of different combs and scissors, Wyvern hisses:

"I sssee that in your application, you mention that your reflection is a thing you cannot bear... Well, using my special Almost Dragonic Beauty Products ™, I can change that in a jiffy! Just sit back and relax... this should should only take a few days..."

Archaneus' eyes practically bulge out of his sockets as several hair machines suddenly swoop down from the ceiling and envelope his head... Using a picture of Melba hanging on the wall as an example of what not to model Archaneus' hair style after, Wyvern begins the long process of cutting, combing, and adding lots of pretty shiny colors to Archaneus' hair...

... Several weeks later...

Wyvern puts the finishing touches on Archaneus' new hair style, adding just a bit more blond coloring to the edges of it and combing it slightly to the side to give it a perfect texture. Satisfied with his final result, the overgrown lizard pushes a button on the bottom of the applicant's seat that causes the machinery to recede to the ceiling. Grinning to himself contently, Wyvern hands Archaneus a mirror to see what he thinks...

Looking into the mirror, the exhausted applicant see's that he now has a haircut that is exactly identical to his last haircut, only with a fake 70s-style moustach sticking out of the top of it. Smirking to himself, Archaneus brushes his hair back and mumbles:

"Not bad..."

Wyvern then procedes to stamp Arch's application poem 'ACCEPTED'

;)

OOC: Nice poem, Archaneus. An ACCEPTED application, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Be sure to either post your e-mail here or mail me at elitwack90@hotmail.com so that I can send you the password information and such... Once again, welcome!