The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

My application (Hope i get accepted)

Flames Of Remembrance

----------------------------

I look through a glass wall;

See a burning passion, a desire.

But the wind sweeps in, causing me to fall,

Forcing me to stare up at the destruction of fire.

Watching as it dies out,

I stopped to think,

Looking how it desperately rolled about,

Trying to find oxygen to drink.

I feel its pain,

And hear its plea,

Wishing it would remain

Lit to show its beauty to me.

Nothing I can do, I just stare,

Watching it slowly disappear,

What can I say; life just isn't fair,

Dreams shattered within a broken mirror.

A tear rolls down my cheek,

Falling on the floor, where it would stay.

Finding a way out is what I seek,

Wishing for all my problems to go away.

I slowly get up; run away to hide,

But hesitate only to turn around,

Just to feel a sharp pain in my side,

The fire is out, silent, making no sound.

My Path In Life

-----------------------------

I walk down the mountain trail,

Glancing at the moon's dancing rays,

The air around me is bitter and stale,

But for some reason, every part of me wants to stay.

So I sit calmly upon a grassy field,

Waiting for the sunrise.

Light bends off the sword I yield,

As I witness the past's demise.

The blinding light diverges.

And soon everything glows with such a radiance,

Except for the place where darkness emerges,

A shadow sits still behind my stance.

Always following me,

A constant reminder of yesterday,

Until the next morning, it won't leave me be,

But a new one takes it's place to stay.

So I stare briefly at it, and continue,

Continue my never-ending journey,

Towards the unknown, towards some truth,

For I am lost in life, but always free.

Last Hope

-------------------------

Am I going to wait

Till the world ends?

Or am I gonna go

And hold up my world that descends?

Faster and faster it goes,

Tumbling into a deep, dark hole.

My hands are getting weaker,

Trying to grab my lingering soul.

Eyes closed shut,

Scared of dying.

Yet I believe there is hope

And a reason to keep trying.

Imbued in my mind,

She tempts me with her beauty,

Gives me strength,

To accomplish this unfinished duty.

Everyday I get closer,

My life slows down it's fall.

My hands can now reach out,

To grasp her loving call.

I take a step forward,

Into a world damped with misery,

Looking for someone,

Who can answer my only plea.

(BTW Tasslehof sent me)

*cozies up next to a fire and thinks about his past*

I would like to use this oppurtunity to say thanks for accepting me when I was but a wee initiate, and recommend you do the same for this one.

Nobody likes an angry Kender. :D

Peredhil wanders by with some tea for Melba.

Melba is trying to get a brush through her hennaed hair but notable lack of success.

Peredhil gazes in amazed appreciation of the physics of hydrodynamic involved as the short jerky pulls ripple through the various fats of her body. Fascinating in a way...

Noticing Doom Gaze waiting patiently, a bundle of papers clenched hopefully in his hand, he sighs and heads off to post bail for Wyvern.

Wyvern grins and cackles evilly to himself as he dashes through the many halls of the Pen, grabbing a variety of seemingly random objects as he rushes by them. Passing through the Pen's kitchens, the overgrown lizard grabs a few onions and a cutting knife before exiting through a door at the opposite end, now heading towards the Pen's film archives... As the greedy Elder's legs sprint forward at a rapid pace, so do the rusty yet fully functional sprockets of his villanous mind. Wyvern had heard from Melba about the arrival of the new applicant, DoomGaze, and had immediatly been struck with another of his brilliant "no-fail" schemes... a simple yet incredibly potent method of creating the perfect doomsday device. Grabbing the last object he needs for the completion of his plans and growing increasingly excited at the thought of world domination, the overgrown lizard tosses the large bag of objects he had gathered over his shoulder and begins heading towards the Recruiter's Office...

As Wyvern races towards his Office, he goes over the plans of his scheme once more in his head... He would cause DoomGaze to cry through a variety of methods and capture a few of the tears, which he'd then use to construct the ultimate doomsday machine!

Arriving at his Office door and practically barging it down in a rush, Wyvern enters the Recruiter's Office and salutes DoomGaze as he does so. Gradually catching his breath and setting the large bag of usefull goodies he had gathered next to his favorite chair, the Elder of Initiates seats himself at his desk and beckons to DoomGaze to come and sit on the opposite end of the table. After the applicant has come and done so, Wyvern apologizes for his lateness and takes DoomGaze's application, looking it over carefully several times before perking up and exclaiming:

"A very good application, DoomGaze... but before accepting this, how about a bit of lunch?"

With that, Wyvern reaches into his bag and takes out the two onions and the cutting knife. The overgrown lizard then procedes to cut the onions with the knife in the hopes that it will jerk a tear from DoomGaze's eyes... but doesn't succeed in doing so. Wiping away the reptilian tears that had begun to gather in his own eyes, Wyvern then resorts to plan B... Taking a plate from his bag and placing it in front of DoomGaze, Wyvern serves a large portion of sour tart for the applicant and encourages him to eat it. Unfortunatly for the lizard, the sight of the cheap-looking tart causes DoomGaze to suddenly lose his appetite, and the applicant hesitantly pushs his plate to the side. Deciding that he’d have to resort to plan C, Wyvern is left with no choice but to take out the film “Titanic” from his bag of goodies and tell DoomGaze that watching it is a requirement for being accepted. The very thought of watching Leonardo De Caprio almost causes DoomGaze to cry, but the brave applicant maintains his demeanor and decides to accept Wyvern’s challenge, content with the eventual outcome of being accepted to the guild. Wyvern snickers to himself and rubs his hands together mischievously, certain that the sad film will cause DoomGaze to shed at least a few tears... Unfortunatly, this plan also fails, as DoomGaze falls asleep 10 minutes into the film due to the boring plot and remains that way until the film has ended...

Sighing dismally to himself and giving up on his scheme, Wyvern shakes DoomGaze's hand and declares the applicant officially "ACCEPTED". DoomGaze jumps happily into the air upon hearing the verdict, and actually sheds a tear of joy after he's exited the office.

;)

OOC: A very good application, DoomGaze, certainly "ACCEPTED." Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) Be sure to post your e-mail address in this thread or send me a mail at elitwack90@hotmail.com so I can send you the passwords and such. Once again, welcome!

• 3 weeks later...