The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Roll Call is Here!

Snypiuer

O.K., Roll Call! I looked back at the other Roll Calls and saw that they were held over more then just one day (unlike what I had in mind!) and realized that that was more fair.

SO, Roll Call begins today June 21, 2010 and will end midnight (CST USA) June 30, 2010.

The idea behind it is to, not only, get people writing, but to find out how many members are AT LEAST checking in.

As with the previous Roll Calls, those who do NOT participate will be given the dreaded 'WEENIE' title (YES, Dr. Evil! It's SUPPOSED to be dreaded and NOT lovingly embraced!) - which can be bought off with a simple future post.

Those who participate, BUT have not posted for a while MAY be given titles, such as: Lurker or Drive-By Poster (May be, still working on that scenario).

HOPEFULLY, this will give us the information we need to do a COMPLETE member update.

While there is a main Roll Call post "A Stranger Comes A Calling" posted in the Conservatory Forum, ANY original topic posted in ANY forum (during the Roll Call time frame) will be considered participation in the Roll Call - PARTICIPATION is what matters.

Secondary Roll Call projects may be added in the next couple of days for those who wish to participate, but are having trouble coming up with something original or to add to the main Roll Call post.

Leave ANY questions here, keep giving us information as to what YOU want from the Pen and what will KEEP you ACTIVE - but most of all, HAVE FUN!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I always felt that song was missing a howling instrument or three, but maybe the gentle restraint is the point of the melody. There were enough howlers around at the time, anyway, and it might even have been something to distinguish them from the pack. A song in the service of other people?

• 3 weeks later...