The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WWXXXVI - Hallowolf

Mynx

Suddenly it hit Blby that someone was dead. Really

chirp squeak scurry eep BUMP.

And very quickly it was discovered that six foot tall suits do not fit under tables. The clatter of a knocked over table echoed and a six foot tall necromancer jumped at the noise.

"Eepeepe!

I mean, Sorry for the noise! I'm embarassed!"

With that Blby decided to put himself out of public view for a bit. With a shudder he sat down at a table against the wall.

At least they can't see me blush under this fur.... Or through the costume. Remember, pig, you're a necromancer. You don't apologize and you probably shouldn't be embarassed. Be bold. ... like that'll ever happen.

OOC: Still no vote yet

Edited by Blby

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Oh my friggin' god! What is it with tonight? Is everyone intent on getting me dirty? You. Yes, you. The tablecrawling guy. You heard me. Do you have any idea how much these shoes have cost me? Do you have any idea how ruined they would have been if that glass had landed a bit more my way?

What's with that sheepish look? Cat got your tongue?

You know... you can answer me. I'd think an apology would be in order. Not as if I'd bite your head off or anything."

She chuckled over some inside joke, then shifted the wineglass to her left hand and offered him her right with a smile.

"It's alright baby... I'm sorry, I get a little agitated at times. Name's Rachel, by the way.

And who or what are you supposed to be? Edward Scissorhands sans-scissors?"

Danelle relaxed, glad for Dan's idea of getting some fresh air. And once relaxed, her mind started working again. She looked at all the costumed guests, recognizing some of them. She recalled what she knew of them, sometimes things she had come to know through her work and others through the grapevine. She wasn't really sure who could be a murderer, though she also knew that psychotic attacks might come all of a sudden on the most unsuspecting people.

Her eyes wandered again, and were caught by Dan's legs. She smiled, murmuring, "Yes, you should have shaved. Next time I'll include that in the bet."

Dan snorted, muttering something about never betting again, and she rested a light hand on his belly. "Wanna bet?" She grinned, and Dan chuckled in answer.

A crashing sound, followed by something that reminded Danelle of guinea pigs' squeaks, made her turn sharply back to the tables. She wasn't sure of the meaning of what she saw, but frowned at the tall Necromancer guy. And then grimaced at the sharp female voice complaining soon afterwards.

And who is that woman? Does she have no notion of propriety? She shook her head, also noticing Zane talking to Mia. Well, seems as much as that one...

~~~~

OOC: vote for Mardrax/Rachel

Elliot rubbed the mustache which he'd grown for the party. Others would probably believe that he was thinking especially hard, but it was annoying him at the moment. How anyone could regularly endure the itchy things was more than he could imagine.

He looked up, and saw a guy dressed up as a Power Ranger, which set his blood to boiling. About fifteen years ago, some jerk had given his kid sheets of stickers of those things, and the little brat had stuck them all over the furniture. Elliot had been assigned to remove the stickers, and ended up spending most of the shift working on those stickers. It wouldn't have been so bad if this hadn't continued for two straight weeks, and if manager hadn't ignored his complaints.

Taking another gulp of his beer, now nearly empty, his thoughts turned back to that time fifteen years ago.

It hadn't ended until that guy was moved to a different office on a different floor of the building. Elliot really didn't care why he'd been moved or who had gotten stuck with the sticker user.

Come to think of it, wasn't that wearing that costume about the right age? Elliot wouldn't be too surprised if that brat had moved up in the world from vandalism to murder.

He glanced over at the guy in the Red Riding Hood suit, grimaced, and went to get another round.

"Bartender, Scruffy'd like another one."

(OOC: Voting for Tommy/Giles due to Elliot's bad memories)

(OOC2: Edit #1: Edited for spelling, not for fun!)

Edited by Akallabeth

"Sir," Mia murmured to Corban softly, "Sir, we have a problem."

Corban looked up from his brooding to follow Mia's gaze where it fell on a gathering in the crowd around one of the party goers. Swearing under his breath, Corban stood and began to work his way through the crowd, Mia close at his heels.

"What's going on here?" Corban frowned at the mob, crowded around a figure dressed in green. "What do you think you're doing?"

"He did it, Mr West!" someone in the crowd shouted. "He killed the girl!"

"That's a lie!" the man shouted back, voice muffled by his mask, only to have his voice drowned out by the upsurge of angry voices.

"Mia," Corban turned to his secretary, "if we don't get him out of here these people are going to kill him."

"Agreed, Sir, but we've searched everywhere here already, there's no exit."

"Wasn't there a cloak room in one of the corners?"

At Mia's nod of assent, Corban let out a piercing whistle that attracted the attention of everyone in the room.

"I am not going to judge this man without evidence, but I agree that if there is enough reason for you to suspect him, he should be separated until we are able to find our way out of here."

Corban took the man gently but firmly by the arm and began to lead him away, following Mia to the coat room. The crowd followed behind, muttering angrily, but calmed slightly by the compromise.

"We'll let you out as soon as we can sort this whole mess out," Corban said quietly to the man he vaguely recognised as one of his security guards. Receiving only a curt nod in response, the costumed Green Dragon Ranger stepped into the room and had the door closed tightly behind him.

OOC: Giles Jordan was an innocent villager. Night phase for 24ish hours. Specials, PM me.

Jimmy looked around the room. The removal of the Guy in green did nothing to relax the mob. It seems the night gonna be rather tense and not much of a party.

It may pay to try and catch up with those he knew well. Mobs can be nasty if you have no friends to voice support.

"Hey Kelly, you be ok for a moment? I need to figure out who else is around, see if i can talk to some of the others and find out what is happening."

:raven:

Corban sighed and toyed with his cane as he watched the crowd. Some were still trying to break down the doors, some were getting themselves slowly and steadily drunk, others were in the middle of histrionics...

The one thing that all of them seemed to have in common, was the fact that no one had taken off their masks.

It may well be safer to hide behind the masks right now, Corban mused quietly to himself.

"Sir?" Mia approached Corban's side, moving quietly amidst the babble. "Things seem to be calming down, but we still can't find a way out of here. And the night is still very young."

"Well," Corban muttered, "I suppose at the very least we can hope that the night stays calm...I don't know about you my dear, but I've had enough excitement for my Halloween..."

OOC: No kill for the first night phase. Day phase for roughly 48 hours. Cast your accusations! :)

"It wasn't as if that costYeme was allthat incinspicous.", the now rather dour accountant grumbled to her fifth whiskey shot.

"Someone woulda nodiced..."

"Hi", she said, greeting the newcomer to her table with a bleary smile. Her glasses, now with a mask they were unaccustomed to clinging to in the way, promptly slid down to the tip of her nose. "Crap", was her only disgusted reply before shoving them back in place (more or less).

"S'nuts is what it is", she went on, squinting through lenses that looked as though they corrected a serious sight defect indeed,"firs's of all, why kill that poor chick? She ain' done nothin' to anybody! Makes no sense. You wanna gill somebody, the only one'o us anyb-un'd want to kill, I'd think somebody'd go after the chief." For emphasis, Kelly jabbed a thumb in Corban's direction, letting the arm fall limp to her side as she slowly slid her other hand back around her shot glass as if for support. "He's the one who changed the company so much. The rest of us're nothing, but he changed entire lives throught a company of...millions? Thousands?

ANYway, that can'tve been entirely for good. Any of us who'd likely have somebody who wantso kill us (at work anyway) would be the boss, right?"

She suddenly frowned and looked at her new friend worriedly. "...right?"

Then the young accountant paled. "I feel sick," she had time to say before clutching her stomach and slowly folding over.

(OOC: vote for Scruffy/Akallabeth)

Slowly moving through the crowd watching everyone was earily similar to the office. Jimmy was an extrovert by necessity, otherwise nobody saw him, he was just the hand that passed the various packages to their owners. He quite enjoyed it all, he could be silly and talk to anyone he wanted, and nobody really worried about what he saw. It was always interesting gaining the first hand knowledge of all the rumors that seemed to circulate.

The crowd was going through all of the stages of shock that would logically follow the events of the day so far. Jimmy went to the bar, ordered the tallest glass of coke they had, and wondered over to the couches.

"Hey you two, pretty freaky night so far aint it." Dan and Danelle looked up. Jimmy blushed, "Sorry if I interupted you guys, I just trying to find all the friendly faces, you know, if the mob gets going it gonna be a good thing to have friends close by right?"

Rachel took one look at the startled Blby. She took something from her cleavage and handed it to him. Some sort of business card. "Call me." Turning on a good few inches of rubber heel, she walked away into the crowd, flashing Blby a wink just before she dissapeared.

The Scarlet Pimpernel sitting rambling on a table was the first to peak her interest. Rachel noticed her peril, walked over to the bar and returned in time to overhear the last few words. A new shot glass in hand, which she promptly handed over.

"Don't lose your pretty head over it dear. Whatever it is, it's a maniac, or it's something that goes way over your heads. I'm just glad I'm no colleague of yours... Are you sure that Corban guy isn't just trying to... slim down the staff? In any case, next week, this guy might be just a cubicle away from you. Then again, if he's working with this Corban guy, I'd expect him to get a good promotion over this."

She considered the Corban had managed the lynching just then. That had just been too relaxed.

She looked around the room after that, looking for apossible associate.

The guy with the oh so inconspicuous brown hat. The guy who, from his constant scratching, had just started growing a moustache. Preparing to move up in the world perhaps? After all, he was the janitor. What she imagined to be the worst job in the world, next to being a toilet lady. -None of those around, right? Right.- The one here who would stand most to benefit from a promotion, especially at his age. No way he would be doing such a physical job for much longer. In all truth, Rachel never had seen much of the inside of an office building. A couple of executive offices. The elevators and hallways that led there. Still, at that time, she thought him the most suspect man ever.

(OOC: vote for Elliot Banks/Akallabeth.)

Zane wandered the party generally having no luck with the ladies at all.

"It's so unfair.", he thought to himself, "Staff party, booze flowing freely, you'd think a guy would be able to get lucky but no such luck."

The crowd parted briefly and Zane caught a flash of red... bright bright r.. no, scarlet, oh yeah, the chick dressed as the Scarlet Pimpernel. Zane started in her direction trying to come up with a good opening line, something that would make her laugh.

On his way he passed someone all in black done up as some kind of Necromancer and a brief distraction flitted across his mind. "It was awefully dark up there when the playboy girl fell, someone in black would have been able to hide in the shadows awefully well."

Moments later the thought was gone and Zane strolled in the direction of The Scarlet Pimpernel with a grin ready on his lips.

~~~

OOC: Accusing Blby the Necromancer for being a sneaky guinea pig in the darkness.

Danelle felt more than saw Dan's frown, but she spared a smile for the Ninja Pirate in front of her. "Yes, mobs are dangerous. I'm grateful nothing else has happened so far, but people are getting restless..." Dan squeezed her hand, while she tried to place the boy in front of her. One of the mail boys? This tall, that voice...

"Is that you, Jimmy?"

The boy seemed surprised, not sure what to make of the fact Danelle didn't recognize him until she pointed oud, "That ninja hood doesn't really make you easy to spot, you know..."

"Oh... yeah.... " He gulped, looking back at the room. "Who do you think did it?"

"I don't think we'll find out that easily... I don't know whether someone from within the company hates us so much." She paused, and looked at Rachel. And then saw Zane tagging Kelly. There was a faint look of disgust in her face.

~~~~

OOC: vote for Mardrax/Rachel

Janitor Banks had been brooding into his bottle of beer when he looked up to find various members of the party - more of a mob now - surrounding him.

"So you all think it's me now, is that it?" he grumbled, before finishing the last of the beer in a gulp.

"Come on then," he sighed as he stood up, allowing the crowd to lead the way. He passed Corban and Mia who both watched him with a grim expression - not so much of accusation, but more a resignation that the crowd would continue to turn on one another until the real culprits were found.

Look at it this way, Banks told himself. You're not going to be interrupted much once in the coat room, unless that green fella starts pickin a fight. If nothin' else, it'll be easier to sort through this mess without having to watch your back...

Small consolation indeed...

OOC: Akallabeth/Janitor Banks was a villager. Night phase - Specials, PM me

OOC: this is with Mynx's permission!! i hope this will not disturb anything in the story, i thought it might give something going on.

Sora wandered up to the balcony with root beer bottle in hand. She glanced around the spot where the woman had fallen from, wondering if she'd find anything that would help speed the investigation along. Then maybe she could go home soon. Her pets would be missing her soon.

Peering over the edge of the balcony, she could see where the woman had landed. That sure had wasted a lot of good food. She sighed, and leaned on the railing. It creaked under her weight, and suddenly started to plummet towards the first floor, Sora along with it.

When she was about a foot off the ground, she suddenly slowed and floated until she was standing on the floor. She drew a shaky breath, and looked for her root beer. While she didn't spook easily, she had started to see her life flash before her eyes. It was a good thing that she was a Wind Rider, otherwise she might have died or been seriously injured.

Stepping around the table (which had been further demolished by the section of falling railing), she headed back for the bar. She had dropped her drink during the fall, and she needed something to calm her nerves.

Danelle sighed as the crowd dragged yet another to the makeshift prison. This was ridiculous - everyone was casting mindless blame with nothing to prove for it. What they needed was facts. But how to find them?

Noticing the laptop bag she'd stashed in the corner earlier, Danelle decided to try and find some facts out for herself.

"You stay here," Danelle murmured to Dan. "I'm going to the bathroom."

Without another word, she went to retrieve her bag and disappeared into the ladies. Only two noticed her, their eyes meeting across the crowded room in silent communication. Without another word, one of them followed after Danelle while the other disappeared back into the crowd.

"Okay," Danelle muttered to herself once she'd made certain the bathroom was empty, opening her laptop on the counter and tapping her nails impatiently on the mirror as she waited for it to load. She had most of the employee account details stored on her laptop. It was a long shot, but there was a chance she might notice something....

The screen had only just requested her password when the door swung open. Danelle looked up in surprise, before frowning in confusion when the figure made no move to use the facilities. Before she could react, the figure rushed her, and Danelle gasped in pain as she felt a knife enter her gut. Struggling, she managed to push her attacker off her and back towards the door, one hand holding her wound closed as she fought dizzyness. The attacker laughed quietly, before advancing on her again and lifting her in a charging tackle.

There was a sickening crunch as Danelle's head encountered - and was impaled by - the coat hook on the back of bathroom door. The killer stepped back long enough to admire their handiwork, before they opened the door as far as they could with the newfound obstruction and slipped out...

"Sir?" Corban looked up to see one of his financial employees - Dan? - standing in front of him.

"What is it?" he asked wearily.

"I'm a bit worried about my secretary, Danelle. She went to the ladies and hasn't come out..." Dan faltered as he realised how foolish he sounded. "I...think she was investigating the...accident and wanted some privacy but..."

"Mia?" Corban looked at her and she nodded. Trailed by Corban and Dan, she led the way to the ladies room. She frowned as she pushed on the door - it was heavier than it should be, and something was blocking it...

Then they noticed the blood on the tiles.

Squirming inside the room, Mia made it in first, turning to face the door and gasping in shock as she saw the mutilated figure of Danelle hanging from it. Corban followed, but when he saw the mess held Dan at arm's length in the doorway.

"You don't need to see this," Corban muttered quietly, slowly forcing the door closed on his employee before turning to face Mia.

"Now what?" they both asked in unison, as outside the voices began to grow in alarm.

OOC: Danelle/Tanny was the Baner. Well done wolves. Day phase. 48ish hours to cast the blame.

"Your secretary? You treat your secretary like that? While you have your children in sight? As if cross-dressing wasn't enough for you. You just had to add to it by doing something like that. Your secretary, of all people. So what have you been trying to do? Get rid of the evidence?"

Rachel tossed the half glassful of wine into Dan's face, turned on her heel and walked off for the bar again.

Never had a party called for so much drink as this one.

(OOC: accusing Dan/Mithrandin)

Edited by Mardrax

Zane looked from his shoes to Kelly and back a mixture of disgust and ... speculation? on his face.

"Well... that was gross, and now I need to clean my shoes.", Zane thought, "She's drunk enough, but kissing someone who was just sick... yuck."

Zane looked around to see if any of Kelly's friends were going to help clean her up before putting on his very best winning grin. "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."

When the line didn't seem to score any points with anyone nearby he cautiously approached Kelly trying to keep out of spew range.

"Hey don't worry about the shoes, I'll clean them in a moment, how about you clean up a bit and I'll catch up with you later." Zane then heads for one of the less gory bathrooms to try and wipe Kelly's dinner off his feet.

On his way he passed Dan Gray and thought, "Guys who dress up as chicks... more yuck."

~~~

OOC: Accusing Dan Gray / Mithrandin because in Zane's world there are just some things you do not do.

"Danelle had been stabbed people, Dan was with me at the other end of the room, it was not him." Jimmy tried to make himself heard over the gathering mob. "cant you see, this is what they want, they want us to be at each other's throats and do the job for them. Just stop for a moment and think about it better."

As normal no one listened as there was no package to give them...... Jimmy jumped up on a table and yelled at the top of his voice...

"FINE IF YOU GONNA MAKE SILLY ACCUSATIONS BASED SOLEY ON OUTFIT I VOTE FOR THE STRANGE RODENT IN THE NECROMANCER OUTFIT!!"

He finally got everyone to turn around and pay a little attention,

"seriously though, it is not Dan, he was with me at the other end of the room, but i would pick a necromancer as the cause of death anyday over someone that is just crossdressing."

(ooc: vote necromancer/Blby)

Still in shock from knowing the dead of Danelle, Dan was awaken by the wine in the face from Rachel. Many thoughts went by at that instant when he apparently woke, looking around he saw the crowd was in turmoil.

Unable to think he instinctively looked around to find two small twins, but they were nowhere to be seen, feeling tired, Dan let himself fall into the nearest couch.

ooc: Blby/Necromancer (what can I do??)

OOC: co-written with Vene.

After finishing a particularly salty hors d'hoeuvre, one of the twins became thirsty. Fortunately for her, she saw a whole lot of poured glasses on a nearby table. At the very same moment as her sister, she wandered over to the drinks table and took one of the glasses.

"What do you think this is?"

"I don't know ... but you know what mom says."

Together, they chimed, "You won't know if you'll like it until you try."

Giggling, they each took one of the fancy glasses and drank ...

It was fizzier than coke and sweeter and after about fifteen minutes and five glasses of the stuff, both of them were giggling uncontrollably, laughing at ridiculous things, like the colour of an apple or the shape of a chicken leg.

It did not take long for one of the grown ups to notice the twins happy moments and rush over. Polly and Molly were ushered away from the champagne table, still whispering very loudly amongst themselves, saying not very nice things about their father's costume.

OOC:

Vene's vote: Blby/necromancer.

Patrick's vote: Gryphon - Zane 'Jack' Russell...never trust the IT guy...he has 777 access...

The crowd hummed angrily over the latest death. Mia and Corban hadn't let anyone else in to see the results of the murder but rumour spread quickly enough...

"I heard her guts are strewn all over the walls!"

"Her head was sitting in the sink!"

...and just as quickly, spread the blame...

Before long, it was a certain rodentlike figure in a necromancer's costume that fell under the accusing gazes. And just as quickly, he was thrown into the cloak room to join the other accused partygoers...

OOC: Blby was a villager. Night phase. Specials, PM me

Zane's wanderings of the party floor eventually took him up the stairs to the balcony where the first victim had fallen. He'd all but given up his chances of finding a girl to leave the party with...if they ever managed to leave this place, that was.

Stupid party Zane thought as he leant on the bannister.

Zane didn't even hear the soft footsteps approaching him from behind. His only warning was a hand on his forehead, tilting it back at the same time as something cold and very, very sharp pressed at the back of his neck. Before Zane could do any more than let out a croak of surprise, the icepick was shoved through his neck, the tip extending beyond his chin as his body spasmed and choked.

Once certain he was dead, the killer left Zane's body slumped over the bannister and disappeared back downstairs.

It was the slow but steady dripping of blood onto a white tablecloth below that alerted the rest of yet another murder...

OOC: Zane/Gryphon was a Villager. Day phase for roughly 48 hours. Cast your votes and accusations.

Jimmy looked at the shoes of the latest victim.

"Well if that doesnt disuade him an icepick sure would, could this just be a copycat? or was Zane acctually talking so someone that is involved in all this?"

Jimmy didnt want to voice his opinion too loud with the mob mentality abounding

(ooc: Kelly \ Ozymandias)