The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

WWXXXVI - Hallowolf

Mynx

Kelly's table has been empty for time now, but applause suddenly emanates, weak, but distinct, from underneath it.

"Yay flying lady! Yayoooooooog.

Owie. Stomach hurts.

Make a bunny appear next? Oww..."

A partygoer looks over the edge of the table, offering a sympathetic, "Hon, the magic act ended over an hour ago."

(OOC: Dan Gray/Mithrandin)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all this, the killer was still walking among them. Rachel and one other had pointed him out from the crowd. The other was dead now. An all too Basic Instinct cliché. Stabbed in the wrong place of course, but you couldn't leave it to a man do a woman's job. Rachel'd always loved that film. Took her away from bad moods after bad clients. And he'd just managed to mess it up. Then again, he was a man in drag. -Half-man, half-woman, entirely coward, obviously.- But still a major threat to her. A stab in the back was still a stab, cowardly or not. And she was still the only other one who'd spoken against him.

Rachel sat down on a barstool in a not too crowded section of the bar and started a conversation with a bartender.

Her early years had taught her there was no place safer than clearly in sight.

(OOC: accusing Dan Gray / Mithrandin)

Edited by Mardrax

The muttering this time amidst the crowd was split mainly over the questionable innocence of two at the party. Corban didn't even bother to pay attention as the group mobbed yet again around the designated victim, dragging him to the coat room and throwing him in with the rest of the accused.

The businessman simply sat in a corner and rested his head on a cane, eyes closed as he waited for the interminable night to find some sort of ending. The careful clack of Mia's heels approached him slowly as the mob dispersed back into their muttering cliques.

"Who this time?" Corban asked wearily.

"Dan Gray," Mia answered softly. She hesitated for a moment, but when Corban remained silent she turned and went to see if she could find Dan's children.

OOC: Dan Gray/Mith was selected by the mighty coin toss and was a hapless Villager. It is now officially Night Phase.

Edit OOC: Due to lack of a kill, it is once again Day Phase.

Edited by Mynx
No action, new phase

Jimmy sighed in frustration, mob law was a real hassle at times, Dan had been spared once but now was locked away. and the typical nature of mob fell on suspecting the advocates for those accused too.

Looking at Kelly sitting in the corner Jimmy became more convinced it was just an act. Her voice accusing Dan lacked the tremor of terror that tainted her speech and even lacked the anger of vengence, her accusation was cold and too culculated.

Jimmy made use of his natural charm and started mingling with the mob, whispering a voice against Kelly, coaxing the mob to follow his lead. If she is innocent then she will at least be safer locked away.

Trying to forge new bonds to prevent his name coming up as the accused again, was a strong motivator to do this well. He feared that without his vioce of reason, this may get to more than just locking up those the mob chose.

:raven:

Jimmy managed to get people agreeing with him, the test was going to be in the power of the mailboy vs whoever is behind this.

Jumping up on a table close to Kelly seemed like a good place to get attention.

"Hey Kelly, I havent seen you drinking much at all. You seem to be quite out of it and I was curious, what's wrong?" Jimmy raised his voice to be heard by the crowded room, looking at the withering look Kelly threw at him confirmed his suspicions.

Cutting off any sharp reply Jimmy continued, "Hey Kelly, you know for someone that normally handles stress so well you dont seem to be coping at all. What is the problem? You involved in this or something, why dont you tell us what is happening?"

"Jimmy turned to the crowd, we need to know what is happening, Kelly is hiding something."

(ooc: Kelly / Ozymandias)

"Hiding something? She?"

Rachel looked at the miserable piece of woman that was left of Kelly from her barstool perch.

"More drunk than I've seen any adult in my days, and for someone in my line of work, that means something. Scared out of whatever wits she'd normally have left after the stupor. Don't you dare fling accusations at people kid. Just because you've sprouted the first hair on your chest doesn't mean you've seen the world, honey. Or how it works. This isn't stress baby, it's terror.

You know, it's sad there always has to be someone like you. Someone to toss the blame as far away from themselves as they can get it. Well kid, I'm not falling for it. The only one I've ever heard accuse someone that blatantly was my brother, when my mom found some cookies missing from the jar. Shame I have a wheat allergy. Shame he forgot about it, and it's the same here.

Shame you forgot people who get themselves pissed all the up to throwing out their stomach's contents don't stab icepicks in other people's backs. A lot of barf, but no bite, as my mom used to say.

You, however, with your tablejumping antics, with your oh-so-witty comments to a woman twice your age, don't seem the slightest bit affected by this whole thing. And all things considered, who of the three of us has the most to gain out of this situation? Mister messenger boy. I bet you've never even worm a suit, other than a prom rental. But it stings, doesn't it? The question is, what stings more? The jealousy? Or a good stab in the back? A push maybe? Off a twelve foot balcony? Or the words that just left your mouth? As a messenger you should know just how much effect your words can have.

You disgust me kid, and I'm glad even I was a better person at your age."

Rachel downed what was left of her wineglass in a single gulp and turned to order a new one.

Bitter words needed washing down.

(OOC: vote for Jimmy / Cryptomancer)

Slowly, Kelly uncurled halfway from the ball she'd wrapped into on the floor,rapier bobbing slightly with the movement. Removing her hat from her face halfway through easygoing Jimmy's speech, she glared up at him perched on the table, leaning over her.

"I drank cos peeple got killed, prick. Now ih doesn't hurt so mush. That's why." She put her hat back over her face and turned away from him, still clutching her middle.

(OOC: Jimmy/Cryptomancer)

Jimmy looked at Kelly and Rachel. "You two both miss a very key fact here. You see while everyone tends to ignore me, i tend to get to discover things that most of you stressed workaholics miss completely."

Jimmy spoke to the crowd, "Kelly was talking fine a moment ago, when she accused Dan and got him locked up. the sturred speech here is so obviously an act, and the defender of her trying to shout me down (Jimmy pointed at Rachel) insulting me and with such attitude, they both probably doing this together."

"between the two of them they got Dan locked away and i was with Dan when Danelle was killed so it wasnt him."

Jimmy urged the crowd, "You need to figure this out quickly, before anyone else gets hurt, i will happily go get locked away but these two need to be dealt with too, and put in a separate room to the rest you have judged by mob law."

Jimmy stepped down from the table and walked through the crowd, speaking to everyone he passed repeating the same phrases "It is them, they are doing this together, it is definitely them."

Whisper, whisper.

Whisperwhisper whisper. Whisper.

Whisperwhisper?

Whisper!

The tablecloth on one of the tables moved, and the Weasley twins crawled out from under it. Staggering slightly, they tried to make their way through the crowd, giggling every time they bumped into someone, which happened quite frequently. At one point, they thought they heard someone calling out for them, but they ignored it, continuing to stagger through the crowd to the mysterious door where people had to go through.

“What game do you think it is?”

“Idonno ... hide 'n seek?”

Once at the door, one of them knocked, after which both of them chimed, “Found you!”

"Mrmphhh! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!" the muted voice coming from the closet was unmistakebly their dad's. "Daddy!" one of the twins went, "Look what we found!" the other continued, lifting her champagne glass high above her head and spilling half of it on the carpet. Both of them erupted in giggles as the liquid soaked into the expensive looking carpet.

"We should get another of these," the twin pointed at her half-empty glass. "This is way too much fun!"

A muffled sound of worried protest came through the door, but the twins didn't quite hear it as they were making their way back to the drinks table. They were almost there when their path was crossed by a woman who strongly reminded them of a cat.

“Kitty ...”

“... cat!”

“Catch us ...”

“... if you can!”

The twins ran around a group of grownups and then ducked underneath the nearest table. The first one of them climbed out on the other side, and the other tried following, but miscalculated and lifted up too soon, pushing the table over, sending expensive sushi and red wine tumbling down the other side. Giggling they both ducked under another table.

OOC :

Venefyxatu votes for Cryptomancer/Jimmy

Patrick votes for Ozy/Kelly

The post was written together with Patrick. The votes are our own :)

Jimmy sat down in the corner, frustration painted on his expression.

Running through the thoughts and trying to piece together the proof he needed to sway the crowd. It was so obvious to him, but then he noticed so much more because he was ignored, people didnt notice or didnt care that he was there. He tried to remember if he had seen anything that possible could be motive for the happenings tonight, something that involved both Kelly and Rachel. They was working together here, that was obvious to him, but the crowd needed proof or power would see him locked up or worse. These two would most likely get the mob to do more because he had voiced his suspision of them so loudly, and publicly.

He shook his head to try and fiocus his train of thoughts and prevent the derail. This would be an interesting night.

It wasn't long before Jimmy found himself cornered by the mob, before they grabbed him bodily and began to drag him towards the coatroom.

"No! You can't!" Jimmy struggled in vain. "I've been trying to help you idiots don't you understand?!"

Kelly began to cackle, the alcohol finally eliminating the last of her self control as her drunken mind crunched the numbers in her head for the eighth time that night. Rachel had been right, they were actually going to get away with it. Kelly's attention was distracted as she heard Jimmy spewing a string of insults about her, and she decided she'd had enough.

Leaping in front of the mob that had accosted Jimmy, she pulled the rubber stop off her sword and struck, stabbing Jimmy in the lung.

"Ih really doesn't hurt anymohr. Killing you didn scare me at ull," she slurred as Jimmy collapsed, the crowd backing away and beginning to shout.

"You drunken idiot!" Rachel snarled as she appeared at Kelly's side, grabbing her by the arm and dragging her away from the crowd before they regathered and refocused their attention on the girls. Rachel made her way to the door, one hand reaching for the keys she'd hiddin in her pocket while the other hauled along the still loudly rambling Kelly.

She wasn't even paying attention when Corban and Mia interrupted their path.

"Going somewhere?" Corban asked archly, arms folded. Rachel halted and turned to face them, causing Mia to let out a gasp of surprise.

"Rachel?" Mia's voice faltered. Rachel grinned cruelly. "Hurts to be betrayed, don't it Mia?"

Corban looked from one to another, furiously trying to recall who Rachel was before she shoved into them and pushed past, still dragging Kelly behind them. Hitting the doors, Rachel unlocked them and, with a final wink in Mia's direction, shoved them open and disappeared outside.

Corban and Mia watched them go even as the crowd began to realise they were free and push for the exit.

"Mia?" Corban asked softly. "Friend of yours?"

"Something like that, Sir," Mia sounded humbled. "I used to work for her, eventually with her."

"What happened?"

"You hired me over her." Mia sighed even as she reached into her belt for her phone and dialled for the police. "Or rather, I agreed to go out for drinks with you after the interview."

Corban had no answer for that, only able to watch as the last of the party members, including the ones who had been locked away, escaped the hall.

"Happy Hallowe'en," he muttered softly, before tossing his hat and cane away and striding out of the room, his secretary following meekly at his heels.

OOC: Game over! Cryptomancer was your Seer, and his lynching placed the two wolves - Ozy and Mardrax - at equal numbers with the remaining Villagers.

Congratulations wolves!