The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Hi! I'm new here...

~waves to the dancing druid, the neato necro gnomie girl, the mighty dwarf~

Greetings! I’m Verileah, and I enjoy gaming, writing (particularly RPing these days), and arting (mostly my characters, vain voices in my head that they are). You have an absolutely charming community here and I look forward to participating. I hope introduction posts are appropriate here, I was shy of just jumping in without saying hello first :).

Welcome, Verileah. With the three interests you list, I have no doubt whatsoever that you're already well on your way to fitting like a glove in this community! You'll find that while we all maintain a primary site focus on writing here at the Pen, we're also prone to sharing our various artings, various gamings and various fun and interesting personalities. I, for one, and always just as happy to discuss digital painting, drawing, website tomfoolery, or my latest adventures in the Outlands* as I am plot, tone, word choices and my favorite grammar errors. I hope you'll feel free to do all of the same, here, as well as sharing your writing and enjoying that of others.

Make yourself right at home.

Sincerely,

~Yui

* If you don't get the reference, then I congratulate you for avoiding the insidious addiction. ;)

*whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

The machine pulling up alongside Verileah might have started life as a steamroller, with a huge cylinder for a back axle, making the air shimmer with heat. It did not, however, start life with the front axle kneading and dispensing gobs of dough onto the pavement, nor with nozzles behind the cylinder laying down a shower of tomato sauce, nor some whirling lawnmower-blade-like attachment shredding and flinging cheese in a 180 degree rear arc, and definitely not with the gnomie bobble-head stuck onto the dashboard shaking out spices in all directions.

Minta honks the horn nonstop. "Hihihihihihihihihihihihi WOW I just went to your links YESTERDAY but they were gone didya like my pizza paver I GOT WAKE THE DEAD! hop on the back an' you can have the dials for the toppings trailer oo oo oo I got a TALKING CLOCKWORK CYBORG SHIELD but not a roboboar an' a walkin' talkin' shroompet Greenbeard woulda loved it--"

She goes on. Believe me, she goes on. . .

*laughs* I had a 'these guys expect me to post my -work-?' moment there...I'm sure I'll get over my newbie jitters shortly, but I'd like to ease in, check out the tutorials and projects y'all have going, and get a feel for things. I'm really happy to be here though - I've been kicking around the idea of signing up for a long time now but always chickened out. There's really some amazing talent here! If anyone has advice on how to get started I'd be glad to hear it.

Yui-chan, the first thing I thought of was World of Warcrack but I do believe that reference goes back even further to pen and paper, no?

*wonders if Tzimm is watching*

*shifty eyes*

*slips Minta a blueberry flavored pixie stick*

Man, I missed gnomish innovation :D.

*genuflects in return* Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome again. I think that when I first joined, I spent quite a while just browsing the various forums until I decided what I wanted to post, and kind of just did it. I suppose the best place to start is wherever you find yourself most comfortable.

Happy to meet you :)

Wyvern slowly slithers across the surface of the Cabaret rug in Minta's wake, dragging his forked tongue over every carpet fiber in reach. The overgrown lizard comes to a halt and removes the ingredients collected on his tongue, emptying them into a bag labeled Almost Dragonic Brand Second Hand Pizza Cement-o-Bits™. He seals the bag with a cheap rubberband and an exorbitant price tag, then examines the rug surrounding him in the hopes of finding a bit of mushroom or a trail of dough that he'd missed. Wyv kneels down and extends his tongue as he spots what could either be an olive or a dead beetle, but pauses mid-lick as he notices Verileah out the corner of his eye. The reptilian Elder lifts himself to his feet and clears his throat of a few ashes, then approaches the newcomer with an extended claw.

"Greetinthsss..." Wyvern goes cross-eyed as he glances down at his filthy tongue, which continues to dangle from his mouth. He untangles a few dust bunnies from its tip, then manually rolls it back into his mouth. "Welcome to the Mighty Pen: where the writing is copius, and the geld is spent just as freely! I'm the resident personal muse-to-muse salesman, Wyvern, and will be here to offer you the finest quality Almost Dragonic Brand products for reasonable prices. But I'll let my credentialsss speak for themselves."

Wyvern reaches into a folder labeled "Devil's Advocate" and hands Verileah what appears to be a blank sheet of paper. He rubs a claw on his chest as Verileah examines the sheet from front to back, with not a word to be found.

"Anyhow, you shouldn't have any trouble fitting in here, we're a pretty normal bunch." Wyvern's statement is accentuated by a pepperoni pizza-shaped bout of steam that rises from the back of Minta's Pizza Paver. Wyvern lifts a used paper bag tied shut with a rubber band and extends it in Verileah's direction. "Wanna snack? These Almost Dragonic Brand Second Hand Pizza Cement-o-Bits™ go down real easy, and will probably get cooked next time you visit a tanning salon. Carpet-collected, Wyvern tongue approved - 39 geld, cheap!"

;-)

Minta goes a bit cross-eyed herself, trying to glare down at Wyvern over the pixystix. The idling pizza paver shudders and sends up another puff of steam as Minta stands up and rests one foot on the throttle; she pulls the wadded-up black robe out of one pocket and shakes it out by the tail, unfolding her pet while telling it, "Spectre, go bonk Wyvern on the head!" Hounded by emphatic honks, spectre hurries down the side of the machine towards Wyvern.

"I dunno if a dwarf ever stayed very long, but they're fun when they're here. Patrick an' Whisky just seem to be ummmm themselves really. Mynx is sorta Vah Shir with a scythe of sunderin' (I got one of those too! Pharrengnomie had one already) an' Yui's got an inkie mind an' a high elf body, sorta. Merelas is a Solusek Ro elf, not like wood elves at all! An' Wyvern's just silly."

By this point, spectre is now the pursued, fleeing Wyvern. A "25 geld! Cheap!" price tag flips up and down as spectre swishes its tail.

"Um, but that's if you still think in Norrath ways. . ."

Many happy returns of the stay. :>)

Sit down, put your feet up, watch the crowd go by, race with our runners, joust with our jesters, paint with our picters, learn us your letters, whatever you like to ease in.

*bows*

Always good to see a new face.

*giggles* Quin, that is undoubtedly one of the best descriptions I've ever heard... seen? whatever. =)

As one who still thinks in Norrath ways, I love it!

Verileah - I remember being shy of posting anything here, too. I assure you, though, that you're more than welcome to post whatever you've got. If it's something you're working on - what better place? We have that here, as well as everything from "I just needed to say this" to "written for school, but I wanted to share" to "a part of the novel I'm working on" and it all fits in well. No one here is likely to bite (unless you ask REEEEEEALY nicely) and no one is going to look at ANYone's stuff and respond with "wow, you suck." Jump in wherever you like! The water's fine. Come join us? =)

Veri!!!!

Greets Girly.....how's tricks?

Don't let these simple folks fool ya with their banter, this old dwarf remembers QUITE well. Ahhh....to see my old Kaladim home once again!

:)

Welcome to the Pen! Feel free to scribble any old thing on the walls....they wash off...;)

Watch out for Wyvern....he's a used car salesman at heart!

Welcome aboard, nonetheless!

Hugs to you and yours!