The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

OH YEAH!!!

reverie

I got into Honor's POETRY WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flower::flower::hyper::hyper::D:D:w00t::w00t:

**does cartwheels, head stands...gets picture taken doing headstands in Quad (really happened)**

Looks like I will be applying for that MFA (Master of Fine Arts) after all!

**does somersaults**

Edited by reverie

Thank guys. Oh Zool. Forgot to mention Honors is a two semester course during my Senior year (next academic year).

ENGL 693H and 694H: a year-long two-semester Senior Honors workshop, which count as two courses, and can lead to graduation with Honors or with Highest Honors in Creative Writing).

I'm supposed to create a book length manuscript of poetry during the year. So yeah, I'll still be posting exercises and what not.

Hey Koolaid!

rev...

The main Cabaret doors slam open as Wyvern barges into the room with a gang of papers clutched between his claws. The overgrown lizard screeches to a halt as he approaches reverie, hunching over to catch his breath and dribbling little spots of ash onto the recently cleaned carpet. He turns towards reverie and grins once he's caught his breath.

"Congratulationssss reverie." Wyvern winks and strikes a 'claws up' in reverie's direction. He begins untying the red bandana that keeps the gang of papers grouped together as he speaks. "Since it's quite an accomplishment, I wanted to make sure to congratulate you correctly by writing up a few poems in your honor."

Wyvern glances over the crowd of well-wishers, then rubs a scaly claw on his chest with pride.

"Jussst to let everyone know, these poems were crafted with the aid of the alternative writer's block: Almost Dragonic Brand Ogre Alphabet Ouija Boards™! As I'm sure you'll see, this little product is capable of turning even a wyvern such as myself into a rather accomplished poet. That's 250 geld a piece, or five for 1250 geld."

Wyvern disciplines himself into a more serious demeanor, then lifts the first sheet of paper to his snout.

"Thisss first poem is a haiku that I wrote in honor of reverie, entitled 'HGU.' I hope you enjoy it."

With that, Wyvern clears his throat and begins hissing:

---

"HGU" by Wyvern Q. Almostdragon

UGH GUH GUHGUH UGH

GUHGUHGUH [rev] GUH UGH UGH

UGH GUH GUH, UGH GUH

---

"Thank you." Wyvern bows his head to the horrified crowd. The enchanter poets in the audience quickly begin searching through their spellbooks in the hopes of finding a simple version of "Silence" for the occasion. They pause, however, as Wyvern lifts the next sheet of paper towards his snout. Several pennites gasp in horror and begin to step back. "This nexxxt poem is a sonnet honoring reverie, which is called 'UGH GUH HGUHGU, GUHGUH UGH HGU GHU.' I hope you find it meaningful."

---

"UGH GUH HGUHGU, GUHGUH UGH HGU GHU" by Wyvern Q. Almostdragon

UGH GUH GUH UGHUGH GUH GUHGUH UGH UGH

UGH GUH UGH GUHGUH GUH UGH UGH GUH GUH

UGH GUHGUH UGHUGH GUH GUH UGH UGH UGH

UGH UGH GUH UGHUGH GUHGUH GUH UGH GUH!

GUH UGHUGH GUH UGHUGH UGH GUHGUH HGU

UGH GUHGUH UGH GUHGUH GUH UGHUGH GHU

UGH GUHGUH GUH GUH GHU UGHGUH GUH HGU

UGH UGHUGH UGH GUH UGH GUHGUH UGH GHU!

GUHGUH UGH GUHGUH UGH GUHUGH GUH [rev]

UGH UGH GUH UGHUGH GUH GUHGUHGUH UHG

UGHUGH GUH UGH GUHGUH UGH GUH UGH [rev]

GUH UGH GUHGUH UGH GUHGUH GUH GUH UHG!

UGH GHUGHUGHU UGH GHUGHUGHU GUH nGH

UGH GUHGUHGUH GUH UGHUGHGHU GUH nGH!

---

"Thank you, thank you." Wyvern raises a brow as he notices several pennites seething on the ground, moaning for earplugs. He coughs a bit, then raises another sheet of paper to his snout, causing many people in the crowd to turn and flee. "Lassst but not least, here's an epic possstmodern free verse poem I wrote for reverie. Thisss gem is called 'GUHUGHGHUUHG UGH, GHU UGHUGH GUHHGUHGU GHU? GHU UGHGHUGHU... UGHUGH GUH,' and I consssider it the crowning achievement of the bunch. Hope you like it."

The pennites seething on the ground begin crawling as fast as they can towards the exit.

---

"GUHUGHGHUUHG UGH, GHU UGHUGH GUHHGUHGU GHU? GHU UGHGHUGHU... UGHUGH GUH" by Wyvern Q. Almostdragon

HGU

UGHGHU UGHGHU GHU GHU GHU!

GUHGUH, GUH. UHG UHG,

UGH GUH UGH GUH HGUGHUGHU

GUH

UGHGHU, GUH, UGHGHU GUH GUH GUH

UGHUGHUGH, GUH. UGHGHUUHG.

GUH UGH GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU, GUH UHG GUHGUH UGH GUH GUHHGU HGU UGH GHU. GUH UGH GHU GHUGHU HGU GUH GHU UGH UGH HGU UGH UGHUGHGUH GUH GUHGUH UGH GHU UHG. GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU. GHU UGHUGH GHU GHU! GHU! GHU GHU UGH GUHGUH UHG UGHUGH UGH GHU? GHU GHU GHU HGU GUH UGH UGH GUH UGH UGH GHU HGU HGU UGH GHU GHU, GUHGUH UGH GHU HGU HGUHGU UGHGUH GHU UGH GUHGUH UGH GUH [rev] UGHGHUUGHHGU UGHGHUUGHHGU UGHGHUUGHHGU. UGH GHU GHUGHU HGU GUH GHU UGH UGH HGU UGH UGHUGHGUH GUH GUHGUH UGH GHU UHG. GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU GHU UGHUGH GHU UGHUGHUGH GHUGHU UGHUGHGUHGUHHGUUGHGHUUHG UGH GHU. GHUUGH! GHUUGH GUH! UGHUGH GHU HGU GHU HGU GHU, UGH UGH GUH UGH GUHGUH UGH HGU UGH UGHUGHGUH GUH GUHGUH UGH GHU UHG. HGU UGHUGH GHU UGH GUHUGH GHUUGHGHUUGHUGHUGHGUH UGH GUHGUH UGH UGH UGHUGH, UGH GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU UGH GUH UGH UGH GUHUGHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU. HGUUGH GUHHGU HGUUGH UGH GUH GUH, UGH, GUH, HGU, GUH, UGHUGHGHUUGH.

GUH, HGU GUH UGH UHG,

GUH, UGH, HGU,

GUHGUH UGH GHUGHU UGHGUH

UGHHGU. UGH

GUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUH

UGHGUHGUHGUHUGH UGH, GUHGUH UGHGHU. UGHUGH!

GUH, GHU HGU GHU HGU

UGH

GUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUHGUH

HGU, HGU.

UGH.

GUH,

GUH HGU UGH

GUHGHU. GUHUHG.

GUH UGH GHU GHUGHU HGU GUH GHU UGH UGH HGU UGH UGHUGHGUH GUH GUHGUH UGH GHU UHG. GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU. GHU UGHUGH GHU GHU. GHU, HGU GUH GHUUGHGHUHGUHGUHGU UGH GHU UGH GUH GUH GUH UGHUGHUHG UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU GUH UGH UGH GUHGUHGUH UGHGHUUGHHGU HGU HGUHGU GHUUGHUGH GHUGHU. GHU, HGU GUH GHUUGHGHUHGUHGUHGU UGH GHU UGH GUH GUH GUH UGHUGHUHG UGHUGH GHU HGU GHU HGU GHU, UGH UGH GUH UGH GUHGUH UGH HGU UGH UGHUGHGUH GUH GUHGUH UGH GHU UHG. HGU UGHUGH GHU UGH GUHUGH GHUUGHGHUUGHUGHUGHGUH UGH GUHGUH UGH UGH HGUUGHGHUUGH UGHUGHGHUGHUGHUGHUHGU! UGH, HGU GHUUGHUGH GHUGHU. GHU, HGU GUH GHUUGHGHUHGUHGUHGU UGH GHU UGH GUH GUH GUH UGHUGHUHG UGHUGH GHU HGU GHU HGU GHU GHUUGHUGH GHUGHU. GHU, HGU GUH GHUUGHGHUHGUHGUHGU UGH GHU UGH GUH GUH GUH UGHUGHUHG UGHUGH GHU HGU GHU HGU GHU GUH HGU.

GUH.

UGH,

GUH HGU UGH

GUHGHU. GUHUHG.

UGHUGHGUHGUHHGUUGHGHUUHG

UGHGUHUGHGUHUGHGUHUGHGUHUGHGUHUGHGUH

UGHGUHUGHGUHUGHGUHUGHGUHUGHGUH UGH GUH,

UGHHGU. HGUUGH GUH UGHHGU, UGHGUH.

GUH GUH,

UGH GUH

UGH GUH

GUH.

nGH.

nGH.

GUH

nGH.

---

"Thanksss all." Wyvern lifts his snout from the sheet, only to find that reverie is the only one still left in the Cabaret Room. He wanders up to the Dreamlost poet, frowning at his pale and trembling state and patting him on the shoulder. "Once again, congratulationsss rev... If you find the time, I'd love to hear some of your critical thoughtsss on these poems, as you always seem to find something constructive to say."

Wyvern glances down at the red bandana on the Cabaret floor, then looks both ways and whispers to reverie:

"Though I wouldn't critique them too much... I hear this gang of papers is known for distributing paper cutsss."

;-p

OOC: On a more serious note: congratulations, reverie. ;)

Wooooooooooooot....**does a standing backflip in cheering for Reverie** Way To GO, Brother!!!!

**returning to a more dignified stance** Really, Rev, a deep and hearty congratulations on your Honors course. You have OBVIOUSLY worked hard to earn it!