The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy Birthday

Ozymandias hugs Gyrfalcon, wishing him a happy birthday. He claps Solivaqus on the shoulder and gives him warm wishes as well.

Turning, Ozy spies HappyBuddha.

HappyBuddha in turn, spies Ozy.

They glare at one another.

Hours pass. Their eyes narrow.

A week later, they take up fighting stances. Ozymandias' boots' flames flicker quietly. HappyBuddha's boots in turn, clink almost imperceptibly as he changes his footing.

November arrives. The leaves have changed on the trees, and the people of the Mighty Pen prepare for winter.

Ozymandias shouts a battlecry, and erupts into flames. A split second after Ozymandias begins his cry, HappyBuddha defiantly answers with his own, and an aura of burning chi engulfs him. It smells vaguely like cherry Kool-Aid.

It is 3001, The beginning of a new century. Robots...

Air cars..

Bah.

The combatants leap into the air screaming in unison,

"KA-ME-HA-ME-

HA!!!!!"

as they click the toes of their boots together, sending towering infernos of chi at each other.

The end of time.

The two blasts hit, and the world blows up anyway.

(Happy Birthday. {:>) )

Ayshela catches Gyr in the Courtyard and pounces him, huggling him thoroughly, but inadvertently diverting Kaitlyn's 'flying tacklehug' trajectory so that she pounces Darryl instead and rolls across the grass with him in a small bundle of yips and gleeful squeals. "Happy Birthday!" she says, as they go to separate the two. "We should probably rescue Darryl, or there might not be enough left to help you enjoy your cake, which is awaiting you in the Birthday Room. But meanwhile, I wanted you to have this." She gives him a small book with apparently empty pages. "It's an inspiration journal. When you're too busy to write down the ideas and would otherwise lose them, this journal will capture them and create a picture on the page of whatever the idea was. If it doesn't translate well to pictures, you'll probably get a jumble of words or phrases, but either way it should help you remember when you have time to write it out later."

As they untangle the bundle of smallish bodies, Soli comes out for a breath of air. "Oh good! Just the OTHER person I wanted to see today!" Ayshela laughs. She gives Soli a hug and a smallish parcel, which turns out to be a stack of blank parchment. "It will always remain the same, no matter how many pages you use up. Your very own bit of Eleshondra's Endless Stack of Parchment. Happy Birthday!"

OOC: A very happy birthday to you both! =) *huge hugs*

Wyvern tumbles through the open starlit space of the Cabaret Room, wiping the feathery aftermath of Death Metal meteors from his leather suit and bumping into several invisible walls as he makes his way towards Gyrfalcon. The reptilian Elder huddles against a transparent wall and waits until Daryl has been thoroughly tackled by Kaitlyn, watching as the girl's arms pass right through the illusionary rock and roll mohawk hair covering the Werefox. He considers counting up to "Five Mississipi" to time his entrance, but decides that it's too risky given his lisp and promptly pounces out behind Gyrfalcon.

"Hope yer birthday's going well, Gyr." Wyvern stares up at the endless stretch of Astral space and digs a claw through his pouch. He strikes a grin as he pulls out what appears to be a small block of cement, then tosses it next to the Inspiration Journel. "It'sss an Almost Dragonic Brand Writer's Blockmark™. I figure it'll fit with Ayshela's gift, for thossse inevitable hundred year periods when there ain't any ideas to jot down on paper. That one's Cement Grey, but ya can switch it for Brick Red or Black Box Weight if ya want. Have a great one!"

Wyvern sneers and strikes a quick bow, then steps over a patch of grass mysteriously stranded in the Astral and raises a claw to wish Solivagus a happy birthday. Once he's certain that Soli has seen his signal, he lets thoughts of cake guide him towards the Birthday Room... and promptly smacks into another unseen Astral wall.

;-)

Having escaped from the auction stage, Sweetcherrie hurried along. She hoped she would not be too late, and while running she took a moment to kick off her high-heeled pumps, and lift the skirt of her robe to run faster.

It was a special day and, as with all special days, everything had to happen on the same day. She reached her room and grabbed the wrapped gifts from the table; at least she’d been able to get things gift-wrapped before it got overly busy.

With the hurry coursing through her she glanced in the mirror on her way out, and wavered as she saw her reflection; trying to decide whether she should change or not. But no, she was already late, and factually she was too late.

With her shoes in one hand and the gifts in the other she stormed out the door again. Outside she heard a loud shriek, and saw Troy flying over when she looked up.

“Not now sweetie, I have birthdays to attend to!”

But the phoenix ignored her words and circled lower.

“You go, I’ll follow!” Sweetcherrie waved with her shoes to indicate that the far faster bird could fly ahead, but still Troy circled lower. She shrugged and hurried on; he could do what he had to.

But then she stopped dead in her tracks. Troy had projected an image, and the image had been so ridiculous that she shook her head against the impossibility and started laughing.

“Don’t be silly, Troy. You can’t possibly..”

Her words were cut off when the phoenix grabbed her under her arms with his claws, and took off with her. Sweetcherrie meeped, and clang on to the gifts and her shoes. The distance between her feet and the ground grew, and she closed her eyes, frantically sending Troy messages to put her down.

Then she realized what she must look like from down below, and pressed her legs tight together.

“Troy! Put me down!”

The phoenix seemed to chuckle mischievously, and the next moment she was falling. Oh my! This wasn’t what she’d had in mind! She braced herself for impact, and pressed her eyes closed tightly.

The next moment she landed with a dull thud, but soft. She opened her eyes, and saw that she had landed on a pile of meteoric pillows. Feathers were flying all over the place, and tried to enter her nose now. Sweetcherrie sneezed, and climbed out of the pillows.

Troy circled above her head, projecting happy and proud images. Sweetcherrie sighed inwardly, told him sternly that they would have to speak about this later, and then hurried around the corner towards the birthday party.

The astral images confused her for a moment, but then she saw Solivagus, surrounded by a group of other pennites. She slipped her shoes back on, and plucked some feathers of the blue velvet. There were at least a dozen more on her dress, and she sighed again. She would simply have to hope that it looked cute or something.

With the gifts under her arms she stepped forward to Solivagus, and handed him the first package.

“Happy birthday, it’s only a simple gift, one of Troy’s feathers…to write your Quill Quest with.”

She hugged Solivagus, and with the other gift in her hands she turned to look for Gyrfalcon.

He was standing on the side a bit, apparently trying to help Wyvern who seemed to have just run into a wall. She breathed in, and walked over.

“Can I help?” She asked, gesturing at Wyvern.

Gyrfalcon turned around as he heard her voice, and grinned, “You know Wyvern…I don’t think anybody can help him anymore.”

Sweetcherrie chuckled softly, “I guess you’re right...he's a bit beyond reach," She said with a tone of fondness for the lizard elder.

"I have a gift for your birthday.” She gave Gyrfalcon the package and watched as he took the gift-wrap off. She grinblushed a bit when he frowned at the small sponge in his hands, and looked up at her questioningly.

“I figured you would have about everything after all these years, and tried to make this more personal…it means that I’m offering to clean up the mess you normally seem to clean up, at a time and occasion you choose…you know, like, I dunno…” She hackled, and looked up at him, hoping that he would understand anyway, and felt rather giggly as she looked at the trail of feathers she’d left from the pillows to here.

OOC: Happy Birtday :)

Edited by Sweetcherrie