The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Beauty Pageant Round One

Mynx

CheerMynx glided once more to the middle of the stage, smiling widely at the gathered crowd on the beach. The cluster of contestants stood nervously to one side, in all of their various glorys.

Two one side of the stage sat the judges table, two of the seats already filled but the middle one remained empty.

Waiting for silence, CheerMynx grinned wider when it was awarded to her and began to speak....

"Okay everyone we are like so totally ready for round one! As you know from the original signup, round number one is, like, your introductions to the audience and our wonderful judges - OH! I forgot to introduce them!"

Grinning flakishly, CheerMynx turned her attention to the table.

"We have the adorable Gryphon, the awesome Peredhil, and our absent judge Mynx will be along in just a few moments!"

CheerMynx returned her attention to the crowd and the contestants.

"Okay so here's how the introductions work: Come up in whatever order and give a little speach about yourself. You will be marked on poise and delivery. Tell us why you think you should be our winner!"

Grinning wider, CheerMynx looked around to make sure she had been heard.

"Okay guys! it officially begins! You have one week from today to complete this!"

Gliding off the stage, CheerMynx's form shifted, losing the pale blonde tints in her hair for the more common deep gold as the gown was replaced by a deathrobe.

Smiling at the two other judges as she took her seat, Mynx turned her attention to the stage to wait for the first contestant.

OOC: eep misspelt the title :blink: Little help?

Written with Venefyxatu's collaboration - thanks!

~~~~~~~~~

A sleek, elegant black wolf pads into the stage, holding her ears high and letting her tail wave daintly, on step with her padding. She circles the stage once, then sits down in the center, facing the judges.

A blind ranger enters as soon as she sits down, and bows slightly to the judges. "Good day, lady and gentlemen. I'm Stephen Hascodem, and I'll be acting as an official translator for our Wolf-Lady here."

Tanny's grey eyes glint smoothly, and she cocks her head a little towards Stephen.

::Don't you dare to make me lose this, Stephen! It's all your fault!::

::Mine?:: Stephen conveys an amused hurt tone in his mental voice. ::It wasn't I who lost the bet, Wolf-Lady... no, don't growl.. that's not nice ... ::

There's a sound that resembles a soft sigh before Tanny starts. "Grrrrl... Yyip yap yap yapyipyupyup growlgrrr yup y-yapp yerf gargle yip-yip-yapyup."

The tail thumps twice, emphasizing what she has just said.

Stephen's voice is clear as he translates. "Greetings everyone. Wolves generally don't have a lot to say, and especially not me, but I'm glad to be here representing the shapechanging folk. I hope I'll get a chance to show you some of our traditions and how we live during tasks."

:Stephen!!:: It comes almost as a screech, and the ranger blinks. ::It wasn't what I said!::

::Yes, it was... just not with a wolf's words. I'm afraid I'm just human...::

"Yap growl growl growl yap yerf yip yp-yap-ypyepy. Howl-hrrl grrrl yup-yip grawk hrph woof rhaf-yap."

"I'm pretty normal, for a shapechanger." Here, Stephen coughs and it sounds suspiciously like a suppressed chuckle.

"Except, I have three forms instead of two. You know them as Tanuki, Wolf and Human. I'm here as a wolf so you can see the versatility we have and how well we can use our abilities. Like speech."

And so the introduction speech goes on, with Stephen's smooth voice contrasting to the wolf's growling and yapping.

::That's not fair!::

:: Of course it is, dear Wolf-Lady... Everything's fair in war and love . I'm just adding some flavor to your speech. They don't appreciate your fine sense of humor...::

The despairing note in the last growl goes almost unnoticed for the judges, but Mynx blinks twice. Tanny sighs inwardly, held by her promise to be a nice wolf-loser and not try to mindspeak any of the judges.

::I'll never get in a bet with you again, I swear!::

Stephen chuckles, before finishing the speech.

"I'll be honest and say that I don't expect to win the Pageant, especially not in my wolf-form, but this was chosen in honor to my friend Stephen."

All of a sudden there's a deep growl coming from Tanny, but Stephen continues in a most nonchalantly way.

"And I thank you all for your welcome. Thank you!"

::Can I now chase you out of the stage?::

::That would ruin your chances, Wolf-Lady... and I said the truth... it was in my honor, as I won that nice bet. You shouldn't trust your magic-detecting abilities so blindly, you know. It's just common sense... ::

Her eyes glinting now sharply, Tanny stands up, manages a nice bow by lowering her head and front paws, and leaves the stage.

Not much later, out from the sight of any judge or contestant, a black wolf sits with a satisfied grin on top of Stephen's stomach, ignoring his muffled protests.

::That's for your nice translation, Stephen. I said nothing about not being a nice doggie for you... who loves to play... ::

~~~~~~~~~

Edit: changed the references to the bet, so it links to the events in Achib's tent

Edited by Tanuchan

With the nonchalant stroll of the very confident, the Musicevangelist ascends to the stage. His cassock of black flows behind him and in the stage lights the audience can see the embossed staves and notes glisten. The Priest of Music starts his introduction with a voice melodious and rich.

"Greetings one and all. To the judges especially, good day."

The sheer depth and musicality of the voice surrounds the watching crowd and entices them, making them want to listen more.

"I am the Musicevangelist, some of you already know me and others do not. Music flows in my veins and influences all I do. Rhythm and melody are my constant companions."

The Mage of Melody looks at each one of the judges in turn, gracing each with a smile.

"There is more to me than meets the eye as I will demonstrate throughout the rest of the competition, although I do like to leave some things as mysteries."

The Host of Harmony steps back from the microphone and acknowledges the crowd and the judges in turn, making each person feel they are the only one being spoken to. He the turns and leaves the stage, the same confident, rythmic carriage as before.

After Musicevangelist left the stage it was Patham’s turn. As he went up the steps to the stage he tripped and fell face forward onto the stage, slightly bumping his head. He got up and smiled nervously at the judges and organisers, and then the crowd.

If only I had a coconut. – he thought to himself. *

“Hi!” – he said while waving to the crowd. - “I’m quite new in these parts so some of you might not know me yet.” – he looked around nervously at all the faces around the stage turned at him.

“I’m called Patham, and I’m also a shape shifter as Tanny, who had been on the stage just a few minutes ago. However I only have two forms, the human one you can see now and this owl one.” – as he pronounced owl, his human form disappeared and in a flurry of feathers the small owl appeared. He flapped his wings a few times to get up to a height where people could see him and attempted a bow, which surprisingly did not end with an accident. Instead Patham just performed a forward summersault in mid-air.

He shifted back to his human form.

“I hope you shall all enjoy yourselves today.”

He left the stage, this time managing not to trip on the stairs.

*OOC: you had to be in the chat room to understand this. :)

- A not-so-soft whispering can be heard from behind the curtain from which the next candidate is supposed to emerge -

"Stop pushing me! I don't know what made you sign me up in the first place, you know I don't bother with those sort of things!"

"Yes, because you don't need to! Don't you see? It's perfect! Common, you've been serious for waaaaaaaaay too long already, get out there and have a little fun!"

"I'm gonna...."

- Almost falling on her face a slender young woman, dressed in what appears to be a ranger-outfit with a big dark green cape, stumbles onto the stage. With some arobatic moves she manages to stand straight again, all the while glaring at someone who's hiding behind the curtain. She brushes a few strands of blond hair out of her face, notices the audience and judges... and freezes in her step -

- some desperate and fast whispering comes from behind the curtain again, the voice sounding very much like Appy's -

"say something!"

- For the first time Apaltra notices the microphone and walks towards it. After staring at it for a while she appearantly has decided that it's not going to attack her and she walks even closer to speak into it -

"Errm..Hi!"

"you're supposed to introduce yourself!"

- Apaltra snorts at where Appy stands and with an annoyed look grabs the microphone -

"My name is Apaltra. Hello and well-met I'm sure"

- and with that the slender woman turns halfway to leave the stage again as there's more fast whispering from behind the curtain -

"that's not enough! you're supposed to tell them all about yourself and such, y'know.. and make them like you!"

- Apaltra rolls her eyes, sighs deeply, and turns back to the microphone -

"Well ok, fine. Since my little sister won't let me leave the stage without me telling you more, I guess I will. My full name is Apaltra D'Wilde, and yes, Appy overthere" - points at the curtain - "IS my little sister. I have travelled a long way to this Keep, and have seen many things which you probably wouldn't want to know about.." - a small groan is heard from the coullissen but Apaltra ignores it - "...and, well I guess I'm pretty good with what my mentor called 'green magic' although at the moment I can't seem to find my staff.. - glares at the hidden figure - "This of course only cripples my magic a bit, I am not at all defenseless!"

- With a big gesture she flings open her cape and as she starts taking out knifes and darts and pieces of cheesewire her voice gets the boring quality of someone who can go on a long time about the various weapons she's carrying and what all you can do with them while not caring what the listeners might think of it. At this point Appy runs on stage and starts pushing her sister towards the sidecurtain -

"What are you doing?" - Apaltra protests - "At least this is interesting!"

"You'll bore them senseless, leave while you're doing good, right?"

- As she's fending off Apaltra, Appy gains control of the microphone -

"My big sister Apaltra! Isn't she great?"

- Both exit the stage, Apaltra in a flurry of arms and protests, Appy steadily pushing her, not caring a bit about her sister being a lot bigger -

[edit]OOC: oops, seems like we're comming from all directions, hope you don't mind. I hadn't noticed Patrick's post before and sorta need that curtain ;)

Edited by Appy

Tom had been watching the other contestants and decided to make a spectacular appearance. With a loud voice, he yelled from behind the curtain, "Ladies and gentlemen ... here he is ... the one, the ONLY ... TOM ATOE!!!

He ran onto the stage, waving and bowing as the crowd cheered (in his mind at the very least, which was good enough for him) and stopped in front of the microphone. His arms couldn't even reach halfway, and the way he was looking up at it and stretching his arms produced some laughter from the audience. Giving up, he gave the thing a kick, causing it to fall over and send a loud BANG through the speakers. He waited for a few moments to give everyone a chance to recover their hearing ability, then started speaking with his squeaky voice.

"Greetings honorable judges, and a big hello to all the gentlemen and the pretty ladies out there in the crowd! And to the ugly ladies too!"

A shoe was thrown from somewhere in the crowd, but he quickly sidestepped it and continued.

"As all of you undoubtedly know, my name is Tom Atoe and I am a vegetable. What you don't know is that I am not, I repeat NOT a tomato! I mean, c'mon, have you ever seen a tomato in a beauty pageant? Or, heaven forbid, in swimwear??

I saw it once, but ... "

Tom shivers at the memory before continuing.

"Of course you haven't, because normal tomatoes don't do that stuff! Hah! No, the person you're looking at here, one of the most prominent members of the VLF, the Vegetable Liberation Front, that being me, is a ... a ... CAULIFLOWER!!"

The thought that he might have to mention that the VLF consists of him and only him doesn't even surface in Tom's mind as he opens his cloak and shows off his cauliflower body, including stick-figure legs to support him.

As the crowd goes wild (or at least the crowd in his mind does), Tom closes his cloak again and runs off the stage with a cheerful wave.

Before Tom could run off, Stumpy comes hopping out onto the stage with an irritated look upon his face. (Hey, what do you expect? Stumpy is a old, rotting tree stump for crying out loud! He doesn't have legs or arms!) Tom's face went numb as Stumpy clomped directly onto his foot and was shoved aside with little more than a push. Rolling into a nearby wall, the old Tree Stump grumbled again as a few members of the crowd came to prop him back up...Tom took this time to slowly limp away.

Stumpy-"Oh, what do you want of me now?" Stumpy looked around to notice that he was on stage and ought to introduce himself...all the while not having a clue what had been going on. Loudly clunking up to the mic...Stumpy began to speak in a very irrational manner.

Stumpy-"Hello, Gents and Germs...my name is Stumpy and I am in a very sore mood! I don't know what I'm doing here but it better be for a good reason! " It was then whispered to the Stump that he was introducing himself for the pageant and this made Stumpy...do nothing different.

Stumpy-"Vote for me!" Stumpy said as he clomped off the stage with a grouchy attitude...the loud noise of him, "walking", in a manner...forcing the crowd and judges to think twice about allowing him to move on. Meanwhile, Anna, not yet ready to go on...was motioned that it was her turn and gave a shreak at the moment she was announced. Still backstage, Anna tried to reason with people that happened to pass by and look important.

Anna-"It's already my turn...but I'm not ready!" The Slayer's cries for help were unanswered as she was called yet again to the stage...this time in a more...let's say...enthusiastic voice! Throwing on a few more things, Anna gave a sigh and slowly made her entrance onto the walkway to fame. Upon hitting the stage, her feet stopped moving as she'd taken to stage fright and had to be shoved over to the mic by a random person behind her. Finally getting up the nerve to step up to the mic...Anna began to speak in a lovely...high pitched tone.

Anna-"Hello everyone...I am Anna...daughter of Joseph...leader and last surviving member of the once proud army known only as "The Slayers". My father was a wise man that..." It was whispered to her that this was supposed to be about her and not her father. Anna winced as she took another stab at it.

Anna-"I'm a rather shy woman with skills in the martial arts and the supposed ability to cast holy magic. I say supposedly...cause I have no clue what I'm doing...it just happens!" Losing her nerve, Anna winced again and stated one last phrase before running off the stage. "Thank you and goodnight!"

Nervously Sweetcherrie was walking back and forth behind the stage, she was supposed to introduce herself at the stage, but she had no idea what she should say. The other contestants had all looked really good, and she thought that there was no way how she could even try to compete with them. She had no special abilities, and couldn’t even do magic. On top of that she was only human, while the other contestants all seemed more…exotic.

With a sigh she wished that she had entered as Sweet for this, but knew that she would have to do this one without the reckless courage of youth. Sweetcherrie inhaled deeply, and walked up the few steps to the stage.

She looked pretty good; for the occasion she wore elegant, blue jeans and on top of that she had a red blouse. The high heels weren't very comfortable to walk on, but gave her just that extra bit of confidence she knew she would need for this.

Upon entering the stage she nearly walked into one of the stage lamps and stumbled over a tree stump that just came walking off stage. Sweetcherrie grabbed for the microphone and barely managed to keep herself standing on her high heels. She looked around the crowd and tried to recompose herself.

"Hi, I'm not exactly sure what I should say here..." Her voice sounded soft through the microphone, "But as you all probably know, my name is Sweetcherrie"

She sighed, frowned, and thought about what she would say next for a moment.

"I don't do magic, but that doesn't mean I don't have my own special powers. I'm pretty good at organizing things, but I mainly use my charm when I need to get things done.”

She frowned and thought about what she had always heard others say during these sort of things, only one thing came to mind.

“And I’m against the war!”

The minute after she’d said this out loud, she wondered why she’d said it. It sounded ridiculous to hear it through the microphone, and she felt her head turning red.

“Err…I guess I will wait for the second round now…”

Sweetcherrie scrambled back of the stage, and wanted to slap herself for making such a fool out of herself.

Boslio Ganaffi walks up to the microphone accompanied by two Sharpein Warlord Special Ops troops. His copper colored hair is neatly groomed, his face handsome, and he has a confident, but not cocky swagger in his step. Taking a deep breath, Boslio smiles warmly while taking the microphone off of the mike stand.

"Good evening, fellow Pennites," he began," As a few of you know, my name is Boslio Ganaffi, brother of Yan Yan. Unlike my younger brother, who declined to enter, I'm not here to win." Boslio let this last comment filter through the crowd for a moment before resuming. He caught to sounds of a few murmurs.

"I know, I know," he continued," Why did I bother to even enter at all? The answer is simple. I wanted to witness beauty first hand. You see, where I'm from, beauty is a rare thing usually hidden away from the darkness of the world. Here it is a diffent story."

"The beauty I refer to is not simply an outward shell that we preceive with our eyes, but also an inward beauty we preceive with our hearts as well. Anyone who has walked upon this stage this day has a chance due to the charisma and beauty within each spirit. To my fellow contestants, I ask that they let every aspect within them shine for all to see, for beauty of the heart is the greatest beauty of all."

A bit of an applause sounds as Boslio finishes. "Thank you all," he says as he replaces the microphone into the mike stand and gives a wave to the crowd before stepping off the stage followed by the Sharpeins.

Peredhil absently cast a minor healing on the Sharpein on the left. The poor fellow's boot had worn a blister onto his foot.

Noting the empty stage for the moment, he stood and stretched, then carefully aligned the creases of his wet-charcoal-gray raw-silk suit before reseating himself. Due to the floodlights, he wore his wrap-around Gargoyle sunglasses.

He'd been hard-pressed not to laugh as Stephen had "translated" for Tanuchan. Since he'd made a Polite point of learning Wolf when Canid arrived, he'd followed the original as well as the translation.

It had been a while since he'd seen Vegetables moving and talking. A sorrow flashed across his hidden eyes as he recollected what had happened to the Patch Gang when Elladan had rescued him. He hadn't been able to eat Broccoli since. And to think that the Veggi-Tales world had initially seemed so wholesome. There'd been some rotten to the the core.

Apaltra had captured his interest with her weapons and descriptions, although he thought Elrohir would've appreciated the display much more.

Sweetcherrie was always a welcome sight, and he was pleased to make the acquaintence of Anna and Patham.

He made a point of reserving judgment on the Music Evangelist, as he'd struck the hidden chords of memory. Saraman had had much the same demeanor.

The Conservatory lights fade to black, causing a murmur to arise from the audience. Peredhil leans back in his judge seat, stroking his chin at the notion of another connection to Saraman. Boslio Ganaffi stamps his feet on the ground as the figure of Anna disappears from view in the darkness. Appy clings to Apaltra's legs, visibly frightened. Stumpy stands perfectly still... a testament to stump-kind.

"What the heck is-"

CheerMynx chokes on her words as several fireworks begin going off near the ceiling. The audience stares in confusion as the lighting forms a 'W' that looks more like a 'Y,' a 'Y' that looks more like a 'U,' a 'V' that looks like a tilted 'C', an 'E' that bares an odd resemblence to a 'K,' an 'R' that looks like an upsidedown 'Y,' and an 'N' that comes off as little more than a period. The audience observes the letters for a moment, then screams as all of the flaming apostrophes start raining towards their seats. The deafening melody of "Acid Rain Sex Engine" cues up in the background.

"What th-"

CheerMynx minds her fur as an apostrophe-comet lands on her left. Her eyes widen as what appear to be two imitiation-Gwar-armor-clad Elder dwarves stride onto the stage. Peredhil's jaw drops at the striking resemblence of the armor suites to those of Saramon's troops. One of the dwarves immediatly trips, rolling and sailing into the crowds like a stray cannonball. The other dwarf takes out a banjo, the only size of guitar he can hold without difficulty, and smashes it at the nearest outlet. Judge Gryphon stares in bewilderment as his hamhawk lunch is covered in splinters.

"Hey!" cries Stumpy, his voice lost to the blaring music. "That's wood abuse. You're putting me in a sore-er mood!"

The music stops and a blinding pink light fills the stage, causing the audience to cringe. Wyvern hops in from stage left, wearing a ridiculous afro leftover from a previous Pen date. The lizard prances to centerstage, then removes the afro, revealing a yeti-hair wig underneath. The bells connected to his combination Hawaiin Luha/Disco Fever outfit jingle as he bows to the crowds, waving his huge afro like a hat.

"I'm Wyvern." The lizard spreads out his scaly arms. "Sssself-explanatory!"

A long silence from the crowds, broken by a groan from the cannonball dwarf. Wyvern grips his microphone tightly, ripping at it's tip with his claws and causing a loud screech of static.

"I just want to say that if I win, I will use my title to it's fullest and sleep w- I mean, essscort several Pen babes on intelligent and meaningful rendezvous. Of course, I am not competitive in the least, and wish all of the other Beauty Pageant contest contestents the best of luck. In fact, I have a gift for each and every one of you..."

Wyvern sneers as the spotlight focusses on a bag labeled "Cosmetics," which has a skull and cross bones brandished on it's center. Tom Atoe takes two steps back as he notices three aphids crawling over the bag's surface.

"All in due time, my friendsss." Wyvern tosses the microphone over his shoulder, and grabs the "Cosmetics" bag. "All in due time."

the beach was quiet as a gently swirling and very localized mist creaped across the sand. Small birds and woodland creatures ducked and dived and hoped in and around the shadow in its center. The mist drew nearer to center stage as trees and soft music met the sences of the gathered crowd.

in the soft breeze that parted the mist and revealed Mallory, her white gown fluttered soflty around her legs, flashing their beautifully drawn curves as it moved.

The white material sheer and seemed to be an echo of the mist itself, clinging to her to maintain modesty, while showing off all that a toon can safly reveal.

"Hi" her voice was like liquid velvet, drifting to the ears of all gathered.

"My name is Mallory, as you can tell I am a toon, drawn to excite and tease, and in the way of all toons, entertain. I just seem to be better at the Excite and tease bit."

She smiled a perfect innocent smile, and turned, showing her gown to be not just strapless but backless as well.

"I have been drawn to be beautiful, and learned to adapt to almost any look."

Malloy twirled a paint brash in her fingers, asn in a few drft strokes across her outfit, gave it straps, a tighter fit, and a lizard skin texture, her makeup changed to that of a high fashion model, and in her gracefull twirl to display her new look, her knee length boots showed through the splits in her new dress.

"So, i hope i can draw on enough inspiation to winn the judges over."

Mynx glared at the wink directed at Gryphon, the smile for Peredhil, and softens ever so slightly at the bow directed toward her.

Turning slowly to show off, just cause she can, Malory walked soflty off stage, the mist closing around her again, and the dance of forrest animals all clamouring for her attention began again.

:raven:

There was a loud 'thud' and a lump formed in the curtains to the right of the stage, followed by a startled yelp and a crashing sound. The leafy remains of the contents of a flower pot appeared briefly from behind the curtain but were hastily dragged out of sight.

"Sorry... but it's rather slippery in here... oh, thanks for your help..." The quite musical voice drifted to the audience. Mynx winced when, checking who hadn't introduced themselves yet, matched that voice to Thomas the Minstrel. As she raised her eyes again to the stage, the lump in the curtain disappeared, threatened to come back, reappeared a little to the right, then rippled up and down several times - always accompanied by apologies and gasps.

Finally Thomas seemed to find the opening in the curtain, and stepped into the stage. He bowed to the public, smiling sweetly towards Mynx, respectfully towards Peredhil, and a bit amazedly at Gryphon.

Oh... I don't think I have seen him... that reminds me of a ballad...

The public didn't know, but they were lucky that before Thomas could decide to sing that ballade, he turned and hit the microphone. In the attempt to grab it before it fell, the Minstrel's foot became entangled on the wire - and when he tried to tug it free, the microphone stand steadied neatly by his hand.

Recovering his self-possession quickly, Thomas bowed again, and fingered his lute.

"Good day to you. I'm Thomas of Taigel, Minstrel, and have just recently arrived at the Pen." His voice was soft, melodious, and almost chanted as he kept playing a gentle background tune on the lute.

"I came from distand lands, and I have many songs and stories to tell. Many people know my name in places afar, and I hope that my skills can also mark your memories."

Sitting right beside Stephen, both way back in the audience - wisely having decided to keep out of Wyvern's sight - Tanny blinked and shivered.

::If he does another rendering of any of my poems*, I think I'll just have to be sure that I will mark his memory forever. And a day.::

Thomas continued, smiling. "I'm not sure of my chances to win this pageant, as my skills are in songs and music, but I hope I can add variety and laughter to this Carnival with my music. Thank you."

The soft melody coming from the lute changed pace and in seconds became bright and lively, Thomas' foot tapping the rhythm. Even Tanny grinned, her tail thumping and following the minstrel's lead.

Less than a minute later, Thomas suddenly fell flat on the floor - just the judges having been able to notice that, while trying to change the foot that tapped the rhythm, the minstrel had tripped and lost balance.

Flushing, Thomas stood up quickly, barely avoiding the microphone stand that finally completed the motion started when he had first hit it. Wincing at the loud, dissonant noise, and glancing worriedly at some sparks flying from the microphone, Thomas managed to stand up and bow without further consequences, and left the stage - grinning.

I did tell them that they'd laugh and be happy... it's in my music!

~~~~~~~~

*See reverie's Quill Quest

Mynx looked from a watch she had conjured in her paw to the list in front of her.

Time was up for the introductions, but three applicants still had not approached the stage. With a small shrug to the judges next to her, Mynx rose from her seat and moved towards the stage, her form shimmering and become CheerMynx once more as she reached the mic.

"Well, I'd like to totally thank everyone who came up here and gave us some insight into you. It appears that we have a couple of missing applicants, but I want everyone to, like, know that they are still so totally welcome to continue. It's a total open house until the end of round five everyone!"

CheerMynx giggled and flipped her hair.

"So, for round one, this is, like, it. The judges will go away now and discuss their marks and shortly we'll begin round two! And just to keep the competition super exciting, we're going to withhold all scores until the end of the pageant! So that means you'll never know who's in the lead!"

Looking around to make sure everyone was still paying attention to her, CheerMynx giggled once more.

"Okay everyone well feel free to mingle around here and we'll announce round two shortly. Drinks and snacks are backstage. Have fun all!"

Her piece said once more, CheerMynx shimmered into her more sane form and returned to the judges desk to debate with her co-judges.

OOC: Feel free to RP here a bit till the next round is announced. *grins*

Peredhil handed his notes to Mynx and ducked out through the small door set behind the Judges' area.

The place he stepped into wasn't the Hallway behind the chambers, but Somewhere Else. Thanking the Door politely, he arranged to return before the next round of judging and set off to deal responsibly with his other duties.

Gryphon sits writing furiously on his scoring sheet. Muttering to himself he frowns as he crosses out and writes down new information. Finally, almost with reluctance he hands the score sheet to Mynx so that she can tally the scores and the pageant can move to the next round.

Anna sat at her table backstage wondering how she could take on a quest, but still choke in front of a crowd. Vowing to do better next round, she took to her feet and passed by a rather angry tree stump.

Stumpy-"First I wake up on the wrong side of the bed! I then get pushed around by a stupid vegie!" Little did Stumpy know that Tom was right behind him the entire time. "Oh and let's not forget the wood abuse! That is very very wrong!" With Stumpies luck...Wyvern was also nearby and heard every word:)

Talleying up her score with the other two judges, Mynx finally smiled as she managed to make sense of the numbers.

Writing down the averaged score, Mynx handed her copy to a kitten minion which immediately ran off to find the other two judges, before she rose from her seat and headed to the stage, once more assuming the personality of a certain Cheerleader...

OOC: Round Two

Tom hopped up on Stumpy's topside and bent over to look at him upside-down.

"Awww, c'mon, it can't be that bad! At least you're in a beauty pageant, which is more than any other treestump, or even any other complete tree can say!"

Stumpy grumbled something and tried to shake Tom off, but the latter clung tight.

"Hey, I know! Let's be friends!"

Excitedly, Tom hopped off Stumpy and started bouncing around him in circles ...

Stumpy-"Friends you say?" Grumbling under his breath...putting on an almost fake smile Stumpy continued.

Stumpy-"Why not?" The tree stump stated as he did the, "Clomp Dance".

Edited by Black9