The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

I believe it is customary.....

Into the noise of conversations and scratching of quills upon parchment a Raven enters, the mystique of his character accentuated by a very neat and styled goatee and a pair of ‘John Lennon’ glasses.

Hopping onto a table, positioning himself carefully, although with a casual manner so as not to seem posed, he summons the strength of his voice to address the gathered group.

As his beak opens in the first uttering of his profound and beautifully prepared speech, a kitten minion appears from nowhere in particular and knocks him off the table, before a few hundred more hit him in a small tide of fur and claws and carry him from the room.

:raven:

At high speed the Raven enters the room again, kittens flow in a tide behind him, and as he lands on the rafter closest to the table he was on, the begin to climb the walls in an attempt to retrieve him.

“Attention please!

Due to unforeseen circumstances, and a small allergy of kittens, I have to make this brief.”

Kneeling, the Raven bows his head;

“I humbly request your aid.”

Standing, the Raven draws forth a small scroll;

“I have decided on a path to follow, in the quest of a quill.”

The Raven flys out of reach of the kitten that had just managed to reach his perch, and in a small drift of shadow, lands near the wall containing notices and written requests, as the hooded form of the Cryptomancer.

The notice that the Cryptomancer pins to the wall reads:

Dear Pennites,

Please, assist me as best you can.

Open your thoughts to any and all inspiration that you may find, and place before me, upon this thread the assistance that I ask.

I embark upon a quest to grow my skill and earn my quill. Laid before me are seven challenges, each a test of my skill that I have yet to truly attempt. I humbly request from my friends and companions, and all who grace the halls of the keep, 21 topics.

3 to be used by me for each task, and allowing me to test my ability to write, not only to form, but to specific subject and inspiration that is not the result of my own choosing.

I shall take the first twenty one topics given. Topics may be anything that you wish, even yourselves. If you are uncertain at all please PM me and I shall answer your requests.

My humble thanks,

The Cryptomancer

Raven of the Dark.

Edited by cryptomancer

Wyvern would like a turtle soup with chocolate fish, cooked at minus 30 degrees celsius and topped with a Butterflower that blooms northern lights. The soup should be served by a courteous kitten in a kimono dress, preferably one affilitiated to Gargomel's feline accomplice. It should particularly appeal to paranoid musicians who spin CDs that speak on how the government gives guilty dragons acquittals for their crimes. Oh, and a small coffee on the side, please.

Wyvern sets down his menu and looks towards cryptomancer expectantly, evoking several awkward glances from surrounding pennites.

"What?! This isn't a diner?!"

awwww.... you mean that wasn't the whole idea? ;)

then there you go - your next topic: something which won't drive you mad

:D

EDIT: *giggles* great minds taking *slightly* divergent paths, eh?