The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Who here likes Gryphon?

Mynx

I have just had an interesting discussion with Gryphon in RL, and I am actually using his computer right now to make my point...

He doesn't believe he is liked at the Pen.

Now, I don't believe that's true...but who is going to listen to a doped up kitty cat, right?

So how'sabout a little help here, Pennites?

Give it up for the Gryphon you know and love!

*hugs Mynx and Gryphon both*

You know, I think we could probably run one of these threads for pretty much everyone here, with perfect justification of the lack of belief most of us have in ourselves. If we're going to do that, we might need a whole new forum just for those threads! ;)

What's likely to make *this* a difficult question for many to answer is not any dislike of Gryphon, but simply the fact that he's quiet enough here that it can be hard to say whether you like him or not because of not having had opportunity to get to know him well at all. I've barely had chance to write with him at all, and none at all to really talk directly with him, so on *that* front i can't really say more than that i certainly don't *dis*like him, and i do like what i've seen. However, on a more personal front - for how he treats you... oh heck yes! :) *Gives Gryph an A++ and two gold stars*

;)

You know, I think we could probably run one of these threads for pretty much everyone here, with perfect justification of the lack of belief most of us have in ourselves.  If we're going to do that, we might need a whole new forum just for those threads!  ;)

That's putting nicely what I would've said less nicely if Ayshela wasn't quicker to post than me. B)

I don't know Gryphon very well, but if he is liked by you Mynx, I'm sure he's awesome.

If he just PMs people (like me) and chats, he'd know whether or not people like him.

Just interact more and you'll see!

It might be worse, Zadown ol' buddy ol' pal. . .Consider. What if the Pen were developing TRENDS?! Status symbols? A distinction between thread dedication haves- or have-nots, or analytical feedback have- or have-nots, or instant messenger have- or have-nots--Pen image consultants, debutante party organizers, embossed invitations--I'm going to go sit in a completely white room until the shakes subside.

Well, I for one like Gryphon and would have his back if a situation called for it. He's a great guy from all that I have seen. Hell, I even sent him onof my SpecOps 'boonie' covers (hat). If someone had a problem with him hasn't taken the time to know him, and it is their loss, not his.

One of the unfortunate consequences of having been away from The Pen for so long is that I now know many of you far less well than you deserve, or whatever that hobbit said! :)

*Cerulean scratches her head, smiles and hugs Mynx and Gryphon warmly*

slinks into the room

Actually it wasn't so much a 'nobody likes me'... it was more a question of self worth.

I'm aware that I'm a fairly quiet character on here - it matches the way I am in RL - I build friends slowish, but I try to build them good...

I was just feeling somewhat left behind by Mynx and Cryptomancer, both of whom I feel have a flair for the writing that is so treasured here... I know it's not a race, but I look at them and want to contribute more or better... then I cant think of anything to write and it gets worse.

I'll try be better tho, and not so defeatist, I promise.

slinks back off to the shadows

here's some sound advice, I got once long...long ago.

To get letters, you have to write letters...

So, if your feeling left out for some reason or another...

Just reach out... Seriously...

You find that the pen alumni as a whole... are more than willing to reciprocate...

my thoughts,

revery

the dreamlost

"so what are word for..." (popular rock tune, well in the 80's atleast)

the dream continues...

Edited by reverie

Although I don't know you very well, you have given me no reason not to like you. I remember a (rather brief) PM conversation about roleplay and characters, and you still owe me a D&D game (or any other system ... bring it on! :) ), so until that time there is no way I'm going to start disliking you :P

Seriously now ... from what I've seen of you here at the Pen you're a nice person. As for being left behind : there will always be people who are faster, and there will always be people who are slower. Everybody has their own pace, and if they try to go faster or slower they'll end up stumbling and possibly even falling ... at least that's my opinion.

**Venefyxatu probably shouldn't post when half-asleep**

Gryphon: Just be what you are, if people don't want to accept that, then it's their loss. What you don't want to do is start comparing yourself to others. You know better than anyone what you have to work with, and it will be different than the next person. Consider what's important to you, and walk with that as your foundation.

P.S. I practically don't know anyone here. What better reason not to like them? ;)

*grabs Gryphon by the tail* (considering the relative size differences this is an amusing sight)

"Dude, get back here"

*lets go of tail and lands on Gryphon's head*

"ok, first, you are a better role player than me with all of your experence. you have a wonderful flair for discriptive writing, stories and poems, and just cause you cant think of something to write 'right now' does not, in any way, suggest a lack of skill."

*pecks the silly Gryphon on the head*

:raven:

OOC: *hugs Gryphon* you are one of my best mates too, so chill.

:raven: