The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf XVII: Sign-up & OOC

Tanuchan

Seelvergh was at the other end of the building, as Isaac had arranged, and when the Standards and Practices guy arrived, Isaac was waiting for him.

He already had his allies set up around him.

"Mr. Peabody, how can I help you?"

Mr. Peabody stops in the darkened stage, blinking from the bright Califonia sunlight he had just come from.

Creepy told Isaac to meet Mr. Peabody here as he would be off balance after coming in from outside.

"Umh, yes, I need to speak to Mr. Seelvergh. About, ah, casting choices."

"Oh, well, he's not available right now, but I was in on the casting session. I can help you."

Isaac takes him into the cool of the interior of the building, grabs an ice tea from crafts services for him, then hides him from view behind a prop control panel.

"The woman, the alien, from the other caste, that the pilot loves?"

"Yes?"

"The pilot is caucasion and she's coloured."

"Well, actually, both are aliens."

"The actress you hired is coloured."

"Well, she may have some negroid features, but with a wig, and the make up we'll put on her..."

"No. We can't have it. There are places we broadcast to that won't accept, won't air, this show if we have it."

"It's fine, Mr. Peabody. Nobody will notice. Even if it may be true. Here. Emmett. Emmett can you come over here."

Emmett comes over, trying to look casual, just as he had been instructed.

"Mr. Peabody, our make up man, Emmett. When CC, the alien, comes on the screen, what color will she be."

"Bright orange. The pilot will be a duller orange."

"See, no problem, Mr. Peabody."

It takes nearly another half hour and the input of Zeke the cameraman to convince Mr. Peabody, but he finally does leave.

As the executive leaves and Isaac is waving him away, Isaac leans over to Emmett and whispers.

"You sure she'll show up on black and white sets as black."

"That's what you wanted. That's what you paid extra for. I'm only following orders."

"Good," says Isaac.

"How do you know they won't figure it out."

"They all are exectutives, all have the latest sets, color. Won't be caught dead with black and white."

"This gets out, you'll never work in this town again."

"First interracial kiss on TV. It'll make history. This whole series will be historic. And I'm too talented to be forgotten."

'Too smart for his own good,' thinks Emmett.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signup is officially closed.

There will be an NPC kill tomorrow by noon, probably, then first Day Phase start. Keep tuned! :)

Roles will be sent soon. If you don't receive a PM by the time the kill is up, you are a villager. If you have any doubt about your role, PM me.

~Tanny

Is it too late to sign up as another official NPC? So that I wouldn't have to post every phase (or even every few) but could still be involved? I'm thinking the lead actor that is a) a ratings grabber, so no one would want to hurt him, and B) in dire straights financially, so that no one would ever suspect him of sabatoge.

Let me know.

Edited by Katzaniel

Vahk, I suppose you posted here by mistake... to make things easier, I'm just quoting this at the game thread, okay? :)

~Tanny

Oops.

Yeah.

Thanks.

B) in dire straights financially, so that no one would ever suspect him of sabatoge.

If we knew you in dire financial straits we would suspect you more.

You need instant cash, so you do nasty things.

If you didn't need the money, or owned part of the show, that would probably put you beyond suspicion.

I'm quite happy with how Benjamin Hawkins has been handled in posts so far, but realized I never wrote this down. He is a Hollywood rarity: a genuinely pleasant person to work with, whose steady flow of work comes from being the only child star in his age group who isn't prone to tantrums or hypochondria. He is strongly impressed with his role as head of household and his mother's guardian, and during contract negotiations, they form a good cop/bad cop duet which is disarming.

Benjamin resembles his father, blond-haired and blue-eyed, but has his mother's skin tone and a permanent California tan. He will inherit from his father but they have not met since Benjamin was two years old--with the prevailing attitudes in courts of the time, if Marisa had not cut off all contact, she would have lost custody by now. If Marisa dies, he goes back to Luke.

I've got to say, I love reading how these things shape up - we create a beautiful web of intrigue and counter intrigue between us.

I'm unsure if I like it because I'm involved or if it's because I can see it unfold as the story goes on, but honestly, it's as good as many short story books I've read, if a trifle less organised all up.

:)

A glowering cameraman whom he'd shanghaied for the duty trundled along behind him pushed a wheelbarrow full of slinkys, two washboards, empty coke bottles, and an iron cookpot.

Gawdz he's good.

Got a _cameraman_ to do a _teamster's_ job.

:)

OOC: I accuse Vahktang. Why? I don't know...)

Because you're continuing the tradition.

Vahktang gets killed early.

"I checked the fire exits like you wanted, and they're still welded shut. Nobody from outside got in."

Oh, f---

If the wolves win, you're sure setting us up for a disaster.

Good job.

OOC: congratulations, you got a saboteur. Doug Matthews/Akallabeth was the first wolf. It's now Night Phase. Seer, Baner, Wolf, send me your targets within 24 hours.

Whoo hoo.

We got a wolf.

(OK, you got a wolf. I didn't vote for him.)

Now, if the baner does their job right (or the remaining wolf doesn't) we can have our first (?) no PC killed game.

:D

Scorecard

On the Set...

... and Haunting the set NPCs
  • Wyvern => the Ghost of Paul Gotliebb Nipkow
  • Stephen Seelvergh, the director => NPC available to be used by any player in their posts
  • Erwin Aylan => the Executive Producer
Edited by Tanuchan

Yeah, I'll be an NPC if I ever get a chance to catch up and post! Life has taken me away again...

Edit: PS, maybe I can have a stake in the show then. But either way, there'll have to be a good reason I wasn't around until now.

Edited by Katzaniel

*applauds the RP, delighted*

You're great! :D

Well, this is just to apologize in advance... I won't be able to end Day Phase on time, so the lynching results will be delayed by 2-3 hours (predicting the post to ~5 EST, or in about six hours). Sorry, and enjoy the small extension :)

~Tanny

*curls up in corner with a huge tub of popcorn and sits there muching contently as I watch the game*

I love the slander of Hollywood :D

[OOC: Gryph, no comments about the popcorn!]

Edited by Mynx

By my count, the voting stands thusly:

Venefyxatu/Emmett -> 5 votes

Quincunx/Marisa -> 3 votes

Knight/Bernie -> 1vote

But, with three votes still outstanding and people changing votes left and right, this could change in a hurry!

Stay tuned... B)

Congratulations all for a great game, and great posts!! :D

Shame it was such a short game... but maybe we can use the theme again in the future.

Now, who's the next mod? I don't know if RL will leave Vahk enough time to mod... I'll be PMing him. If he can't... Kasmandre, would you be ready to mod? I can always mod another one - just need a good theme :)

*hugs all*

~Tanny