reverie

Fathomless eyes in a soft, wizened face

blazing bright with compassionate care.

Fine-fingered hand drawing pen forth from case

to collect beauty caught unaware.

Frond-feathered wings of invisible grey

frame the form of some far-distant man

whom we miss while fat life keeps him held far away,

and we bless when he strides here, again.

:)

Happy birthday, Professor Cyril.

Most Sincerely,

~Yui

Wyvern scurries into the Cabaret Room in a typically belated manner, carrying a familiar-looking sack behind his back which clinks against his tail as he dashes. Coming to a skidding halt next to Cyril and panting in sharp gasps, the lizard waits until Yui-chan has finished reciting her beautiful poem before clasping a claw on the Master Critic's shoulder and hissing:

"Hope you had a *pant* a wonderful birthday Cyril. I- *pant* I apologize for the lateness, and would still like to offer you a little gift of sorts. Lemme see here..."

Wyvern digs through his sack, only to pull out a tiny star-shaped package of Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Sharp Ninja Twinkle Stars™. Frowning and scratching his scaly chin upon viewing the inappropriate gift, the lizard turns it in his claws for a moment before handing it to Cyril and winking.

"I hope you enjoy this set of Almost Dragonic Brand Replacement Twinkle Stars™, perfect for lighting any clouded night skies when the stars are covered in darkness. Happy birthday, once again!"

With that, the reptilian Elder sheepishly turns and departs from the birthday gathering, leaving a visible trail of Almost Dragonic Brand Semi-Sharp Ninja Twinkle Stars™ in his wake.

My thanks to all

whose kindness found voice

and my thanks to all

who have made this a place

of welcoming words.

My thanks for the greetings

and my thanks to my friends

and my thanks for the meanings

to be found in the words

that one finds posted here

in this placed called the Pen.

Thank you, everyone.

And a gift in return: 2 new Mighty Pen desktop wallpapers added to the collection on my website.

(With a tip of the hat to Lady Celes for the assist on the French version: Merci beaucoup!)