The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

military...

Damon Inferel

miltary... been there, done that... threw away the t-shirt and bought an anarchy sticker. no really... I actually threw it away and bought an anarchy sticker. just making my point. For those of you who never heard from me again, i was busy disciplining myself in the military. i lost all my hair... *cries* i'll go curl up into a ball now.

But, I'm OUT NOW!!!!!

Yeah... ummm.... the reason I came back so soon... they kicked me out of BCT. Or boot camp, if you will. It turns out I'm bi-polar, and they can't have psychotic soldiers... So, my college money is going to have to be some hard earned stuff, but I'll make it through. It was a good experience while it lasted though. I certainly didn't want to leave.

Awww.

At least now you know. Bipolar is VERY treatable now days. It's just a biomedical condition. Combination of a med and learning how to deal with the swings.

(Has a number of bipolars in the family tree)

I'm still incredibly proud of you for signing up/trying. Sorry, but you're stuck with my respect. :)

welcome back...

too bad about the bi-polar thing getting you kicked out and all... funny, in my field, Satellite Communications, we have LOTS of ppl that are to put it delicately just a tad off... If the army started really, I mean really looking at my corp, we prolly lose a good 3rd due to mental quirks... but all that aside... My older brother was Bi-polar and had ADHD... and well he had LOTS of fun with it... Life of the party and all that... Not sure if the med's they gave him really had any effect in corrected the problem, but he always seemed to prefer Aderal above all the others... Especially right before a college exam... :) He hated lithuim though... Said it took all his color away and turned him into a wall flower...

oh well take care,

rev...

Yeah... ummm.... the reason I came back so soon... they kicked me out of BCT. Or boot camp, if you will. It turns out I'm bi-polar, and they can't have psychotic soldiers... So, my college money is going to have to be some hard earned stuff, but I'll make it through. It was a good experience while it lasted though. I certainly didn't want to leave.

Sorry, We can't have bi-polar pen members too. Bye

I wouldn't put a medical discharge at Basic as "kicked out" myself. There's no shame in breaking a leg, losing a testicle (don't laugh, I know a guy who did), or turning out to be bipolar - which is just like any other body problem, just scarier to those who don't understand it and think they do. Everyone has minor mood swings, and therefore think they understand - and it is NOT a lack of self-control, hypochondria, or any of the other myths I've heard.

What I'm really proud of is that you tried Damon, to better yourself and serve your country at the same time.

Breaks of the game, but bipolar doesn't prevent you from a number of other pursuits. My Dad and Uncle were dentist, my sister an instructor and actress, my Aunt a speech instructor/tutor for handicapped kids, etc etc.

Heavily loaded family tree - which explains why I was misdiagnosed as bipolar myself. Which is why I can say that Lithium sucks. There's much easier things out there and too often they forget to check the thyroid levels (it removes iodine from your system).

But anything that works is gonna be pastel. One of the issues is that bipolars push the highs as high as they can, 'cause it feels good. Then they pay with the lows, as low as they were high. But high or low, they feel FULL. Bursting at the seams.

Well, enough rambies, sorry.

The important thing is - welcome back home to the Pen. If you get a chance, you should come by and visit me. :)

Whoever that guest person was... that wasn't very nice. I hope for the sake of (insert hypothetical morbid scene here) it was sarcasm.

Anyhow, I thank all of the welcoming, and I shouldn't be going anywhere for a while, so don't you worry. As far as my former role-playing, I'll need an imaginary jump-start, but I'm more than willing to get back into the games.

P.S. The Pen really has a much more ritzy feel to it. The menus and links... you've all outdone yorselves. Good work.

Well, at least you gave it a shot.

I think.

Under any circumstances, I wish you luck, though I do not know you. That has got to be one tough cookie to have to go through... I hope I don't run into that problem, but then again, I don't think I'm bipolar, or have a broken leg... or a lost testicle...

:blink:

A ghostlike voice floats into the room and mist surrounds the revellers.

"Cooooommmmme.... roooooollllleplaaaaayyyyyy......" it says with its utmost ghostiness. "Weeeeeerrrrrreeeeeewoooooollllllff staaaaaarrrrrrrtiiiinngggg noooooooowwww....."

Vigil, searching for the source of the voice, opens a closet door leading off the room. Everyone peers in as the mist dissipates to reveal Katzaniel, hands on a mistmaking machine and speaking into a voice-altering microphone. Peredhil looks disapproving and Katz smiles sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders. "He did used to play." She looks at Damon. "Please?"

Even trying boot camp is more than I ever did. In the back of my mind I always sort of wanted to... watching a Marines documentary was really inspiring... but as a ninety-pound weakling (literally!) I don't really think I'd survive too long. :)

Regardless of whether or not they kicked you out... congratulations!

I did my 8 months (as an office clerk after the basic period, heh), though given army service is compulsory here not sure if that counts for much. Most boring time in my life, endless games of Solitaire, Minesweeper and MS Hearts, but at least I got to try out an assault rifle, wheee! ;)