The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Happy New Year!

Venefyxatu

Yes, 2005 arrived here about 40 minutes ago at the time of posting. Let me reassure you all : it did not bring the end of the world, just the end of my desk lamp :(. I'd know about it if it had, wouldn't I? :P

Under the fading sound of fireworks, let me wish all of you a very happy 2005. That most of your wishes may come true, so that you still have something to look forward to!

Also, for everyone : good health, lots of inspiration and, most importantly, happyness in whatever way has your preference.

Edited by Venefyxatu

Happy new year to all! And also what all Venefyxatu said before me, really took my idea of a New year post away :P;)

Hope you all have a great 2005 and I look forward to spending time with you all, lovely people as you are, this new year.

*hugs all and passes the booze around* ;)

Happy New Year!

I'm sitting down to follow through with my tradition which is to write down all the things I am thankful for that occurred in 2004, then I seal in an envelope all the things I hope to accomplish in 2005 and don't look at the list again until the following New Years. Then I can see how many things I've accomplished and how many things I have to be thankful for!

It's a fun tradition!

~Salinye :fairy:

Happy New Year everyone...

I meant to post something like this minutes after my midnight and beat you all there. That was 3 days ago, so my new year has been shaping up nicely.

All the best to everyone for this year. May all turn out right in the end for everyone no matter how your year has started.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that everyone had a Happy New Years and enjoyed their celebrations. :) I realize this is late and such, but it's always interesting to reflect upon a year gone by, and I thought I'd mention a few of my personal highlights from 2004, accompanied by a couple of low points:

Highlights:

- Lounging around with Yui and Aegon in Los Angeles.

- Starting out my radio show "Any Given Moment" (commenced January 2004) and dedicating it to the Pen, hosting on-air calls from Zool, Falcon2001, Yui Temae, Orlan, Big Pointy One, and Tamaranis amongst others. Interviewing Kimani Rogers and Doseone, and finding out that underground artists actually care about it and will listen in. Thanks to everyone who's called in or dropped AIMs, I'm talkin to you Cyril Darkcloud, Katzaniel, Vlad, etc! Big thanks to Degenero Angelos, Jonathon Wolfe, and Zool for the recordings... One more semester to go, I'll make it count. ;-)

- Seeing Eyedea & Abilities, Blueprint, Illogic, and Grayskul perform amazing sets in concert for free with some friends, only to have D.J Abilities come to our dorms afterwards just to chat for a while. He even payed for our cab.

- Meeting up with Peredhil, Ozymandias, and Ayshela at a Rennaisance festival for Peredhil's birthday (and practically suffocating at the hands of Ayshela's greeting methods, I might add! ;-))

- Watching the Pen continue to evolve and expand while reading its many wonderous offerings (the Carnivals have particularly impressed me, much respect to their organizers and participants), and being graced by the presence of Tanuchan, cryptomancer, Mynx, Gryphon, Black, HappyBuddha, and purple shadows (just to name a few that joined this year).

- Meeting up and chatting with the super-talented producer/M.C Adlib before watching him perform in concert in San Francisco, and later meeting him again browsing in Amoeba L.A and exchanging thoughts with him about said concert.

Low points:

- A Typical Cats/Offwhyte show getting cancelled in Baltimore, thereby cancelling not only an amazing show, but an excellent opportunity to meet up and have fun with Ozymandias.

- Spending my entire week of Spring break, including my 21rst birthday, working from 7 AM - 12 AM on an enormous English project.

- Completely screwing up my radio show covering the Molemen, blowing the opportunity of interviewing Panik who just happened to call in and totally embarassing myself in front of him by accidentally cursing over the air. Most... embarassing... moment... EVER.

- Failing to land any sort of editting or publishing internship over the course of the year.