The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Halloween Party and Werewolf Game

Tanuchan

Would you participate in the party and/or werewolf game, as described below?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

An invitation reads:

We invite all members of the Pen community, from Honored Guests up and including all Elders and Ancients, to the Halloween Party that will take place at Custos Manor in October. Choose a costume, and join the fun!

More information can be found at the Conservatory Room at the Pen Castle, or through Katzaniel and Tanuchan.

R.S.V.P.

Yes, we'll be having a Halloween Party at Salinye's Hostel! :wizzie: But besides being a party thread, we plan also to host a Werewolf Game to those interested in participating.

There is also the possibility that we run a concurrent, traditional Werewolf Game (contrasting to the party-special edition), with a separate moderator. So, the poll that goes with this thread basically asks if you would be willing to participate in one of the games, both, or none. If you won't participate, we'd also appreciate your comments, so that we can use the imput to improve our plans.

Well... How will this work?

You must come in character to the party - either create one for the occasion, or come as your main Pen Persona (as we encourage you to), if you have one . For the first few days (probably close to ten days or so), you will be just attending to a party. Feel free to RP and interact at will, and have fun!

At some point in the party, a tunnel will be discovered under the hostel, leading to an old haunted house and its premises. Anyone who wants to follow the tunnel is welcome to, but those who rather stay in the hostel and keep the party going there, are free to do so!

In this haunted house, funny things will start to happen... ghosts may roam, scaring sounds can be heard, frightening scrawling can be found on walls. There will probably be a dusty, cobweb-full library... who knows what can be found on those books? And that small cemetery with its tiny chapel (or mausoleum?) at the back of this house? Who would guess you had this so near the Castle, but undiscovered? Hmm... is it *really* there, or is something else going on?

While in the haunted house, we will have our Werewolf XIII - Halloween '04 edition . Everyone who's participating in the party RP is invited to join the game, but you are not required to. That is, at the haunted house, we will have different "kinds" of RPers...

1- Werewolf Players (from now on, let's call them Player Characters, or PCs)

2- Party-goers (from now on, called Bit Player Characters, or BPCs)

3- Non-Player Characters (NPCs, created by the moderators of the Werewolf game for story purposes)

4- Ghosts (this is a role reserved for members of the AVV)

The Werewolf Players will be involved in the game, that will follow the normal rules. The only twist is that *no one* will be really killed/lynched - hey, we don't want your rather permanent, main Pen persona (or any other you want to bring to the game) killed or harmed in any way!

Eeh... in *almost* any way, really... ;) We will have skilled Healers and magic-wielders ready to help to prevent any permanent harm to the participants. In other words, maybe you will be knocked unconscious or trapped somewhere, thus becoming unable to keep participating in the werewolf game, but otherwise you will be sound and whole to keep in the party.

So, for the Werewolf Game:

1- You sign up normally; but please, you *must* be able to post in the game thread at least once every 48 hours during the period you're alive in the game.

2- Game runs under normal rules

3- No one will be killed or suffer permanent damage. Not even temporary ones, if you PM the mods requesting so (yes, we are pretty flexible and accomodating :))

4- Those "killed" in the game revert to simple party-goers... BPCs (see below)

5- The werewolf game will happen in a separated thread, so any member can locate quickly and easily what the ww players are doing.

If you're in the party, but you're not a ww player, you're a BPC. Then:

1- You RP and interact normally with the people around you, including the ww players.

2- You cannot interfere with the game: no stating of suspicions, no trying to interfere with the votes of the game. (It's the same for the ghosts, by the way).

Please, answer the poll above and, if possible, leave your comments so you can help us improve :) If you have any doubts and comments, feel free to post here or PM any of us.

You can sign up for the Halloween werewolf here!

Your friendly Werewolf Game moderators,

Tanny and Katz :D

~~~~

This part of the post will be updated as possible:

WHO'S IN THE PARTY (as of October 14th)

• Tanny, as Morgana
  • Katz, as a Caveman
  • Elwen and Aural, as fairies
  • Cryptomancer, as a barbarian
  • Peredhil as Dr. Evil, followed by Nuncio (Almighty Thor) and Guido (The Portrait of Zool)
  • Mynx, as CheerMynx (cheerleader)
  • Vahtang, as the Candidate (and his entourage)
  • Dean, and Phil (as a penguin)
  • Yan, as a Roman gladiator
  • Lady Celes, as the Snow Queen
  • Gryphon, as ~umbra~Gryphon
  • Leif
  • Dragonqueen
  • Gwaihir
  • Nave, as Papa Smurf
  • Gnarlitch, as the Predator
  • Finnius
  • HappyBuddha
  • Ayshela
  • Gyrfalcon, and Daryl (as Death of Foxes)
  • Wyvern
  • Yui, as Guido
  • Xaious
PARTY MAIN EVENTS (as of October 14th)
  • CheerMynx gets under a permanent Intoxication spell cast by Cryptomancer;
  • Vahktang, the Candidate, keeps campaigning;
  • YanYanGanaffi becomes the Official DJ;
  • Lady Celes provides some fun conjuring small flying Sylphs with specific instructions of tickling the guests before giving them treats;
  • Ayshela wonders if she should give up finding a dancing partner;
  • Daryl ends up grabbed by CheerMynx, who makes him her new pet (with a colar and a pink bow);
  • Wyvern makes himself comfortable sipping spilled alcohol under the table;
  • Yui/Guido demands from Peredhil/Dr. Evil the whereabouts of a pocket hanky;
  • Xaious arrives under the influence of a spell who makes his reactions delayed by at least 5 minutes;
(current list of ww players here) Edited by Tanuchan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE GUILDS' CONTRIBUTION

(The Guilds are visible for those who are Pages and up... so, sorry for those who cannot follow this post...)

If you're an AVV member, you can choose to RP a ghost. You can play tricks on the PCs and BPCs, you can haunt any part of the house and its premises, you can try to scare everyone... in short, whatever ghosty things you come up with. :) You must, however, follow the same restrictions that apply to the BPCs concerning the werewolf game.

The NPCs:

Usually, the NPCs are created by the mods as needed to the werewolf story. For this occasioin, we will be using material created by members of the Guilds. (You can find more information in each Guild)

The Guilds:

1- The SWG is responsible for creating the settings, the rooms (hey, remember that library? If you are a member of the SWG, you can just create it!), even some stories. Maybe they can be found in the library, or in an old yellowish parchment stuck inside a mysterious drawer... be creative!

2- Members from the AAA can create all kinds of poems/verses/poetic-ish things that can be found in tombstones, scrawled in walls and books... maybe even being used by ghosts :P

3- The AVV can create NPCs to be used by the mods, besides being able to actually RP ghosts (see first post).

* So, if you think all this Guild stuff is fun and you're at least a Quill Bearer, go to the Athaeneum and apply... you're still in time to be accepted and participate! *

~Tanny and Katz

~~~~

Edit: formatting, added links

Edited by Tanuchan

Having never played a WW game before, I am a tad uncertain of how good I would be...

But for the sake of Samhain, why the heck not?

I'm in for the Halloween party and Werewolf XIII :D

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Mynx

At some point in the party, a tunnel will be discovered under the hostel, leading to an old haunted house and its premises.

Jinkies.

:)

I'm in.

And, as my traditional costume in an election year, I am:

Your Presidential Candidate.

Anybody got any babies to kiss?

I show up, conservative suit, little american flag button, flanked by buddies as secret service agents, there to press the flesh and get some votes.

And espose my presidential philosophies, and get you, the voters, take on the many important issues of the day.

It's either that or the mad costumer:

Dress me in my silver garters, dress me in my diamond studs

I want my undulating undies with the maribou frills!

I want my beautiful bolero with the porcupine quills!

I want my purple nylon girdle with the orange blossom buds

In my peek-a-boo blouse

With the lovely inner lining made of Chesapeake mouse!

I want my polka-dotted dickie with the crinolin fringe

I want my lavender spats and in addition to them

I want my honey-colored gosset with the herring bone hem

I want my softest little jacket made of watermelon suede

And my long persimmon placket with the platinum braid

I want my leg of mutton sleeves and in addition to those

I want my cutie chamois booties with the leopard skin bows

I want my pink brocaded bodice with the floofy fuzzy ruffs

And my gorgeous bright blue bloomers

With the monkey feather cuffs

I want my organdy snood and in addition to that

I want my chiffon Mother Hubbard lined with Hudson Bay rat

Imagine someone looking like that.

I mean without throwing up.

:)

Just make up a character?

Yup :)

As usual, Nave. This time, there's no special theme, so just pick some character you'd like to play. Or, if you prefer, you can re-play anyone from previous games, provided it hasn't been a wolf.

Glad to see you here again!!! :D

Ok sounds good :)

I'll try and think of a character ;)

Not yet, dear candidate :)

We'll put the party post this weekend, either later today or tomorrow. Everybody's welcome to RP at the party and interact at will. But the ww game in this party will be starting just in about two weeks...

So, to clarify:

1- party starts this weekend. It's a party, so... have fun!

2- the ww game that happens during the party will start in about 2 weeks, after we have a better idea of who among the party-goers is going to participate in the ww game (one can just enjoy the party, or the game, or both)

Any doubt, please post here or PM either me or Katz :)

~Tanny

It has begun!

Check it out! You're free to come and just enjoy the party, or join the WW game as well when the time comes. Wear a costume please, this is Hallowe'en.

Partiers (you may come at any point):

• Dean
  • HappyBuddha
  • Eyremon
  • Finnius
  • Peredhil
  • Gryphon - Umbra, the shadowy thing with the glowing eyes
Gamers (sign up before this weekend):
  • See Tanny's post at the bottom of this page
Edited by Katzaniel

I'll be coming as Mynx but my costume will be a cheerleader.

That means that for the duration of both the party and the game I will be a damn sight more annoying.

Basically, I'll giggle a lot, flirt a lot, and say 'Totally' and 'Like' a lot.

...And get scared a lot easier...

Word of warning - Keep me away from alcohol *grins*

The Halloween Werewolf Game

We will be starting the Werewolf game by the end of this week, most probably on the weekend. So far, this is the list of players that have confirmed their participation...

I'm adding some links to descriptions of the characters, to help those who aren't familiar with them. Feel free to add descriptions of your own (and correct mine), also.

• Leif => Piazza of Portraits
  • Mynx => Piazza of Portraits; however, she has just got Intoxicated by cryptomancer's magic drink, so she's stuck with CheerMynx for the durations of the game... :P
  • Lady Celes => Piazza of Portraits
  • Dragonqueen => there's a nice description on her profile :)
  • Elwen => description
  • Cryptomancer => Piazza of Portraits
  • Vahktang => Mr. Vahktang, Presidential Candidate
  • Nave => Papa Smurf
  • Gwaihir => a story;
  • YanYan => story
  • Ayshela => Poetic Portrait
  • Dean => mage, a little over protective of booze; has a familiar (Phil D. Cat);
  • HappyBuddha => at another party
  • Merelas => at Hostel Fox
  • Finnius => a story
  • Gnarlitch => Dwarf tales
  • Degenero Angelus => Transe, the KindaVampire; he's tall and pale. He has no lower jaw, so he has learned to feed on the souls of victims. He's a very cheesy, old horror movie style vampire.
NPCs:If anyone still want to participate in this game, please either sign up here or PM me. Just reminding, you don't have to participate in the party thread, although we encourage you to do so!

Elwen, I couldn't find a good description except that passage in the Greenroom... I believe that's "you" as in the party also? :P Please, let me know if it's not accurate. And to those who cannot access the Greenroom, my apologies... maybe Elwen can put a short description of her persona here :)

~Tanny

Edited by Tanuchan