The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Hear Ye, Hear Ye!

Finnius

The Courtyard of the Pen is Mightier than the Sword, 6:44 pm

A little blue man stands on a podium, a crowd gathered around him. Wyvern digs his toe into the dirt, looking bored within the front few rows and Gyr stands next to Salinye, tapping the hilt of Redemptio with a small grin on his face. The Treant Hill Mob stands watch over the proceedings, backed up by a few wayward members of RTCYSIA.

There is a somber note in the air, a stillness that verges with energy. And then the little blue man opens his mouth, and all is dispelled.

"Hear ye, hear ye, Page and Quillbearer, Guild Leader and Honored Guest!" The blue man grins sidelong at Ozymandius, come down from the Tower to attend. "And especially Loremaster." He pulls a scroll from his robes, unfurling it and letting it drop to the ground in one smooth motion. He turns it outwards so that all can see, and proclaims loudly.

"By the power vested in me by the Pen is Mightier than the Sword, I hereby declare this day in honor of the Lady Ayshela!" Murmered snickers can be heard throughout the crowd, accompanied by whispers of "What power? Is that even legal? What's an Ayshela? Why are we here? When's lunch?"

"Let all throughout the keep tacklehug her on sight, and snuggle her ferociously! Let sappy love poems be written in her honor, alla the Wub Katz thread! Let us sing praises of the one thousand seven hundred some-odd posts she's made in just under a year! And most of them pure gold!" This goes on for several moments, as the temperature rises steadily.

From the rear of the crowd, a soft orange light emits its heat and the assembled mages, demigods, etc, etc, turn to look into a far rear corner, where Peredhil stands gently arm in arm with something that looks like a human-shaped glow-stick.

'Shela, obviously, is a bit embarrased, and so the crowd turns back to Finnius. The little blue man, however, is in the process of rolling up his scroll and grinning ear-to-ear. He hops off the podium, makes his way to Pered and the still-blushing-furiously Ayshela, gives her a light tap on the cheek, leaning up on his tiptoes to do so, and nods to Pered, winking.

"I trust you'll make sure she doesn't hide in some corner and wait this out?"

'Shela darts her eyes about, like a rabbit in the headlights of a flying whale... which, incidently, has headlights strapped to it.

"Oh-dun-worry-about-me,-I-think-I-might-just-go-take-a-nap-and-maybe-fly-to-Antarctica-for-a-month-or-so,-you-know-take-in-the-sights,-the-penguins,-the-ice,-the-mountains-of-madness,-it'll-be-fine,-really,-please-don't-make-such-a-big-deal,-ok?"

Pered grins politely and gives her hand a tight squeeze, nodding to Finnius.

"I'll do my best."

*stutters*

Finnius!!!

*blushes furiously*

oh, i don't know, Antarctica is sounding really really good right about now, i'm sure they could use a nice spring thaw down there don't you think? i'll just be moving right along...

*edges toward the door*

Before she makes two steps, a flying bundle of fur furiously hug-tackles her as best as a fox can, murring happily at her. "Bad Daryl!" Ayshela said, trying frantically to remove the fox... and coincidentally slowing her steps as she does so, making her a perfect target for the next hugtackle.

And the next hugtackle comes in the form of a wolf, who joins her efforts to Daryl and succeeds in pushing Ayshela against a wall. More than that, Tanny seems to enjoy herself quite a lot licking her face as thoroughly as she did to Salinye in the Kissing Booth. ;)

Mistress of Shadows

Lady of storyweaving fame

Don't blush so hard

Don't flee from our hugs

We love you so dearly

Let us show our devotion!

As Ayshela tries to recover from the ptrevious hugtackles, Xaious hugtackleglomps her, bringing her back down to the floor, where she let's out an "OOMPH!" of surprise.

"You really do have no life!" He says, hugging her very tight.

"Erg....thanks..." Ayshela lets out, choked from all the tight huggles.

"Oops..You need to breathe..." Xaious loosens up on the hugging, and helps her to her feet, smiling.

*poke*

Not that I understand what's going on or anything...

Ayshela, Ayshela,

A jolly good fella.

She's such a bella,

Ayshela, Ayshela.

:P

Her stories are neat,

Steel boots on her feet.

She can never be beat,

Aysela's so neat.

:D

This does no justice

To her awesomeness.

But I hope she has bliss

Many days beyond this.

B)

Peredhil gently turns her, kisses her nose, and whispers as he hugs her,

Just blush and let us love you.

He takes the warm cloak he's made for her and presents it wistfully.

At this rate, you'll outgrow me. I look forward to the day you fly.

Gwaihir edges his way in and smiles shyly at Ayshela. "Oh, I don't know how you could like Antarctica--nothing grows well there! But, Crianba, you'd know her as the third rose down from the oak tree with big branches and she..... Oh where was I, well Crianba wanted you to have this. She would have grown it herself but a squirrel gnawed at the stem and cut off the sap...Oh did I yell at him for that, but never mind that. Anyway, I took it and enchanted it for you. It looks small, but if you are kind to it then it'll flourish and blossom in any surrounding" With that, he grins and sticks a purplish-red rose bud into her hand. It has a long, remarkably thornless stem and has clearly been off of the bush for a little bit now, but clearly the stem and flower are still quite alive.