The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Mr.Bunny's Carrot Stand and Happy Haiku Hut

For those not yet trained in Bunnish, a lovely, anime-ish young lady reads a proclamation from the master of the mysterious magickal carrot:

"Hear ye around me,

I have declared it to be

A contest you see...

A carrot stand first

But now there will be a test

Of mighty haikus

The topic is light

like the carnival's delights

a happy haiku

For it is joyus

This occassion of ours now

a sweet gathering

Now write as you please

You mustn't forget the rules

For the contest fair

Five-seven-five form

About anything happy

Or something sappy

But rule number one

It's a carnival we're at

So let's have some fun!"

So, in case that wasn't clear, the outline is this, I, or rather, Mr.Bunny will be having a contest of Haikus. The topic is happiness; however you can relate to it. Everyone who enters will automatically win a free Mr.Bunny translator and autographed 6x10" picture. The first place winner will win 15 geld, second place will win 10, and third place will win 5! Have fun with it everyone, I know I will!

Also, Mr.Bunny will be selling carrots, and carrot-flavoured treats such as carrot cakes, carrot ice-cream, and carrot-o's, Mr.Bunny's 34th liscensed cereal. All these items sell for one (fictional) geld. (y'know, the stuff that you don't have to win)

Good eatin'!

(Edit: I just realised in my sleepy daze, this could probably fare better off in the Banquet Hall... I mean, it works anywhere, but if those who carry a bit more wisdom than I agree, feel free to move it ^.^)

Edited by The Big Pointy One

Butterflies drifting

Flight winding slowly nowhere

Gentle breeze carressed

Wren Windsong

* a purple piece of parchment cut and shaped in the form of a butterfly floats accross the fairway landing lightly on the counter of the Haiku Hut *

*Slowely a heap of greenish-grey blanky makes it's way to the Haiku booth. Appy, with huge amount of blond hair in 'just-woke-up'-coupe, appears out of it holding a grubby piece of paper in her hand, offering it to the bunny*

"It was my pleasure

To write something so happy

and frivol once more"

*the piece of paper holds down several scratched through atttempts, and then a final, finished piece*

empty mind and soul

not having to know it all

ignorance is bliss

Laughter fills the air

Pretty things surrounding me

Childish happiness

Silent wind playing

Sunbeams highlighting water

drops in spider's web

Dragonqueen dashes over from her own booth, and grins. She grabs a piece of paper and a pen and scribbles out a haiku. Happiness doesn't have to be as complicated as all that.

Comfortable warmth.

Good food to eat. Being dry.

Happiness. Simple.

Blissful emotions:

Love life and lie in the sun,

All joy will be yours.

BPO: If the prize is awarded too late, the winner won't be able to spend the geld. Unless, of course, the geld will stick around afterward? I think it would be cool if we kept it there, personally.

A Raven, katana on his back, lands in the hut,

With reverence he draws a silver scroll case from the pouch on his belt, and from it a scroll, written in the words of black glittered with silver dust, he reveals his work.

Meditation love

Mysteriously mind held

Beach beyond compare

Bowing low he steps back, and flys away.

:raven:

The raven suddenly appears in the hut once more, and this time with sword drawn.

He flips the scroll he just placed into the air, and in the swift skilled stroke of his true self, separates its shape into two parts, each land on the table and unroll, revealing a new work on each.

contemplate beauty

elementalist true fire

loved poetic muse

and

dream's darkness shaping

beauty revealing in fullness

resonate with love

Sheathing his blade, he once more bows, turns and flys away.

:raven:

Edited by cryptomancer

OOC POST:

Katz: Good point, Prizes shall be awarded in... 4 days! Hurry up folks, time's running out!

Quincunx: (Can I refer to you as Tzim, by the way? I'm used to doing that...) A hearty effort, but your accent is a bit off. What you have there is actually goldfish. If it were in bunny, it'd appear as so:

Here's a little lesson in bunny-esque: Any written part of bunny-esque will appear simply as "..." for all speech is reduced to simply "..." In any case where the speech is interrupted by a long pause or another person's speech, then spacing may be appropriate. Anyways, in poetry, bunny-esque seems evasive around forms all together. "..." really says it all ;p

Regardless, an enthralling poem, definitely worth considering...

:tree:

Well, that's what comes of trying to pass off Carp's work as my own, I suppose.

*writes "Plagiarism is bad" on a scrap of paper, later to be inserted into the Tips jar*

Call me Tzim, Rydia, Minta, be weird and call me Rose, just don't call me late to dinner.

Mister Bunny, friend

Master of Haiku, the art

Wisdom please impart

I gave my muse a

Gentle shove-five seven five

Happiness did strive

Here I sit in awe

And wonder if I will pass

Rabbit’s haiku class

Happiness I long

Have held. Don’t you think those who

Try should get some geld?

(More OOC fun!)

Tzim: Awesome.

Sal: But of course, everyone will be getting mystery prizes, some of which will be geld, the rest of which will be mysterious... after all is said and done (I think I'm actually going to bump it to tomorrow, say at 3:00 pm, my time... whatever that is...) Regardless, I'll go with my original prize structure with the top 3 winning larger prizes, but everyone who enters will receive a geld, along with the prizes mentioned for every entrant. Of course, only 1 geld will be awarded per entrant, but the more you enter, the higher chance you have of winning!

Everyone else: I'm loving your entries so far, it's going to be a hard time choosing! Keep 'em coming ^.^

(IC)

Mr.Bunny carefully examines Xaious' piece of haiku with much consideration. He thinks for a few moments, hands Xaious and autographed picture and an official Mr.Bunny translator (a pair of fake bunny ears you wear on your head) After Xaious nervously tries it on, Mr.Bunny says:

"..."

(Well, you're almost there, unfortunately, you forgot about the 5-7-5 format, so I can't award you anything yet. However, here's a 100-point carrot badge! All for effort!)

Edited by The Big Pointy One

The sweet feel of love

Racing quickly through my veins

As I speak to her

And when we're apart

I think of her and I smile

Because of her beauty

So much in common

So much time spent together

So much love we share

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I didn't know if it was all right to do more than one verse... and I just did this for my happiness haiku because love is happiness in my opinion, so that's that! It's my first one, so don't make fun of me, lol.

I cannot express

what love is to me,

for it is within.

It is the air that

I breathe. It gives me

reasons worth living.

It’s in the thoughts of

my mind. Making memories

forever cherished.

It’s in the beat of

my heart. It inspires me to

forget all past pains.