The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

KISSING BOOTH!

Salinye

This thread is readily available for chaos, humor and thread hijacking! Do your worst and have fun!

The cost of the booth is fictional and will not come from your stores of geld! Also, each participant earns 5 geld for participating.

Salinye looked out a window overlooking the courtyard, a twinkle of giddiness in her eyes. She had heard that people were welcome to open their own booths, and the sometimes-mischievous mage had JUST the perfect idea….

1 hour later

One of the empty stalls had been decorated with large feminine lip prints. Behind the counter sat Salinye, Ayshela and a special stand holding the very large square item covered by a sheet.

“HEY what’s the idea with the sheet? Where have you taken me?” Cried an indignant voice from beneath the sheet.

Ayshela stifled a giggle leaning into her friend. “I’m so glad you asked me to help with this booth. This ought to be a hoot.”

Giving Ayshela a conspirator grin she reached over and gave the sheet a tug revealing a rather disgruntled Zool. Adjusting his toupee, he blinked and looked around. “What is this?” He asked, curiousness now replacing the irritation in his voice.

Salinye looked over to him and smiled sweetly. “I just thought you might like to enjoy the goings on of the Summer Solstice Carnival.”

“Carnival.” He said examining the colorful booths around him. “Oh, well…alright then.” He wasn’t sure yet whether or not he liked this idea.

The two ladies of The Pen giggled knowingly. Hanging from the front of the table was a large sign that read:

Kissing Booth! Kiss Zool for 5 geld!

What the sly ladies didn’t realize, was that two other words had been hastily hand written under the word “Zool” Making the sign read:

Kissing Booth! Kiss Zool (or Ayshela) for 5 geld!

Edited by Salinye

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celes laughs amused by the look of the poor, embarrased Zool. She chuckles at Asheyla.

- Really, that is a rare opportunity you give to everyone. It's not everyday anyone have the opportunity to kiss a lively painting.

- Wanna be the first one?asks Asheyla

- Naaah! Styler wont be happy to find out that I kissed a painting.

- But I'M a good kisser!!! Zool protests

Celes laughs.

- I have no doubt about that!

Meanwhile, Cambronne rubs his head on Zool's frame, irking the painting even further.

- No Cambronne, I do not belong to you! Celes! Make your cat stop it!

Celes grabs her cats away from Zool and holds him against her chest.

- If I collect geld for each time Cambronne is rubbing any parts of his on anyone, I'll could be rich in no time.

Peredhil strolls back from the Conservatory, a bit tired but happy not to be IT in the TAG game again, when he sees Zool out of his normal space.

Approaching the booth, he notices the sign's addition, and is struck once again by the loveliness of the lady.

"Ladies," he bows, and then hands over his kissing geld payment.

Zool looks apprehensive.

Peredhil leans forward gives a surprised Ayshela a butterfly-light kiss on her nose.

"Worth every gold piece."

"..." exclaim two women and a painting.

"Squawk!" exclaims the Rubber Chicken, but the Toupee holds his words to himself.

M'Lady Celes laughs at their expressions and scoops up Cambronne.

"dames, Ne soyez pas alarmé. No, do not be afraid the Ancient was Rude. Your sign gives such permissions."

As Salinye and Ayshela look at each other, Zool begins laughing...

"Well this looks like it's going to be a lot of fun," Yuki thinks to herself as she explores the newly set up Carnival. Hearing voices and laughter she follows the sound around a corner to investigate and comes across the Kissing Booth.

A half-smile appears as she digs into her belt-purse and drops a pile of coins onto the counter with a soft chorus of clinks. Salinye picks up the Geld as the young woman leans in and kisses Zool on the corner of the mouth. Then the elf begins to protest, "Excuse me miss, but it's-", before she is cut off by the customer leaning farther over the counter to give Ayshela a kiss on the cheek.

Giving a smile to first the pleased and amused Zool, then the once again surprised Ayshela, Yuki calls out a thank you to both Kissing Booth "volunteers" as she goes off to see what else there is to do at the Carnival with a bounce in her step.

Looking down at the 10 Geld in her hand Salinye shrugs and puts in in a jar, waving to the departing Yuki before noticing Ayshela who is facing her in a determined stance with her hands on her hips.

Edited by Yuki Kokoro

"Hmph..." Yui stands in the background for a while, examining the interestingly-editted sign and glancing up at the three bodies in the booth. Celes and Cambronne come and go while she ponders her course of action. Peredhil comes and goes while she fumbles in her cloak for her quill and inkwell.

It isn't until Yuki approaches the booth with anticipation in her eyes that the Huntress makes her move, ducking and rushing forward to crouch in front of the sign while Salinye and co. are distracted. In a few strokes of the quill, the deed is done, and Yui darts back around the corner, pausing there to straighten and smooth the folds of her cloak back down into their natural place. She spends a moment practicing her innocent grin while Ayshela turns to confront Salinye, and then she's off again, strolling around the corner in an admirable impression of someone who's just wandering through the myriad events of the fair.

While Salinye tries to placate the innocent victim of her latest mischief, Yui saunters by the stand, offering a smile and a wave to the only person who's paying attention - Zool. As he waves back, she lets her eyes slip down to the sign for one moment, admiring her handiwork.

There, hidden from the view of the trio within, the sign now pronounces to the world:

Kissing Booth! Kiss Zool (or Ayshela) (or Salinye) for 5 geld!

(Pies-in-the-face are 10 geld! Bring your own pie!)

A very small sugar golem, light dancing and creating dozens of rainbows in its crystallized structure, comes skipping along, bounces past the booth, stops and runs back, all below the counter. It studies the altered sign carefully, muttering so silently the sound is drowned under the background cacophony. After a long while it stops reading and skips merrily away.

A short time passes.

This time, the inhabitants of the booth can see a lonely cream pie sailing along the edge of the counter, whoever is holding it below the counter. The floating mystery pie stops, then suddenly flies through the air and hits Salinye squarely in her face!

"Whee!", proclaims a high, annoying voice, then the sugar golem only known as ||` jumps to the counter, unstickies 10 geld from its sticky left hand to the counter, goes "Wheeee!" again and jumps down before any of the three stunned people (using the term loosely) can react.

Rapid sound of tiny, sugary feet and a distant "whee!" can be heard before Salinye starts to, very slowly, remove the creamy mess from her face.

"What ... was that?"

Merelas sidles up to the booth, grinning widely, and clinks 10 geld into the jar, winking at each of the ladies, before smiling and kissing each on the forehead.

"I've already had my go at Salinye, and almost got me a slug in the face... and Ayshela is too sweet to humiliate," he says, before grinning at everyone, chucking a pie at the portrait of Zool, and donating another 10 geld.

"That was just fun," he says, before striding off.

Salinye sighs, looking at a giggling Ayshela while she keeps trying to clean her face. And suddenly she's hit by something big, heavy, furry and black, who starts licking her face thoroughly - and very wetly.

"Augh!"

Some moments later, a last lick from the wolf finishes cleaning Salinye's face, and the wolf runs away enjoying the sweet taste in her mouth. Besides the jar at the booth, there's 5 geld.

This tastes really good... and besides, now Salinye doesn't have to worry about cleaning her face...

Laughing, Tanny enters the Keep, intending to go back to the nap interrupted by the tag game.

Mmm... I wonder if I should stay in that booth and offer myself to clean their faces after the pie-throwing...

Looking around the pie stuck to his painting, eyebrows raised, Zool states slowly and clearly, "There has to be a better way."

He begins thinking. Perhaps he could charge for guesses to the contents of his magic handbag... Or, maybe he could have people pay 5 geld to suggest his new sig... or maybe they would pay to see him mime!" Zool was excited at that prospect, but after thinking about it began to be a bit skeptical. In any case, he could always fall back on his extraordinary skill as a chicken juggler, juggler of chickens.

Come to think of it, that didn't go over so well last time either. He blushed a bit, thinking of Yuki's kiss - that wasn't so bad, really... ( :P ) Perhaps he would wait for the next customer and see how it went.

A short smelly dwarf wearing fine plate mail and carrying a wide assortment of weapons walk up and studies the trio for a moment. Then, he drops a large red gem stone in the jar. HE then pulls a bananna and mint crem pie out of his pouch and smashes it in Ayeshela's face. He then reaches out and grabs the painting and inserts his tongue into its ear so far the tip comes out the other side. Done there he then steps up to Salinye and kisses her full on the lips, for a very, VERY long time. When he finally walks away grinning broadly, Salinye is looking somewaht peaked and out of breath. :D

Having noticed the sounds of the carnival, Xaious decided that it was a perfect day for a walk.

Walking through the booths, he noticed a number of odd booths, and had a thought for a booth that only he could do correctly.

And then...He saw it.

Seeing this, The biggest grin spread across his face, and he winked himself back in time a few days, and bought himself a few pies, then returned to when he left, and walked over to the booth.

"Hello, lovely ladies." He smirked.

"..." Ayshela and Salinye exclaimed, less then overjoyed about the changes that have been made to their sign.

"So, who wants a kiss?" He waited a second, then pulled out 40 geld. "Here you go."

Xaious tossed a pie at Zool, hitting him square in teh corner of the frame.

"...Let's here it for my wonderful aim..." Xaious joked. "So, who wants to be pied in the face?"

Ayshela looked at Salinye, who looked back and forth between Ayshela, Zool, and Xaious. Not waiting for an answer, Xaious hit both lovely ladies in the face with pies.

"O...K..." Salinye stuttered.

"That leaves...ten geld...." Ayshela said, a little undure about what this meant.

"Yup, it does. Sal, you ready?"

Sal looked a little distressed, but then Xaious walked over to her, lifted her hand, and kissed it.

"Vondervul!" He said, and then bowed -Salinye somewhat glad that he hadn't suffocated her in a horrendous kiss, much like the one Ayshela was hoping to not be getting. He then turned to Ayshela, who was trying to wipe the pie from her shirt.

"Um...Sorry about my horrible aim?" Xaious mused, and Ayshela giggled.

"It's okay." She said, still worrying that it would be a kiss worse than that of the dwarf who just came through.

Xaious walked up to Ayshela, looking first to her face, then down to her now-stained shirt, then back to her face. He then leaned in close, and kissed Ayshela on the cheek for a few seconds, whispering to her "I'm buying you a few seconds from the other amorous folks."

She softly whispered "Thanks", and then Xaious let free from the kiss, looked at her, then went stand next to Zool.

"So, having fun?" He asked.

Zool, Salinye, and Ayshela looked at him, a little puzzled.

The sign now read:

Kiss Xaious TWICE for 5 Geld!!

Things were happening so quickly…..Too quickly…..Salinye found herself in a state of utter confusion. “Ayshela! I never added your name to that sign!” She turned to her friend, speaking in sincerity. “Zool, I DID add your name to the sign, though. However, I have NO idea who did the rest and…Who was that little sugar monkey that hit me with a pie?!? THIS IS A KISSING BOOTH! NOT A PIE THROWING BOOTH!” With that the mage flopped back into a chair, once again a victim of her own mischievousness. A hot blush began rising to heat her face. “…AND….I think….I’ve been violated by both a wolf AND a Dwarf….I’m not yet sure which is more disturbing!” :P

Edited by Salinye

Gyrfalcon and Daryl walked slowly through the carnival, taking in the sights and sounds of the busy meeting, as the Pen flooded out from their enclosed society to enjoy all the treats a Carnival could provide. He paused by the boot and looked at the three within hard. Zool was easy enough to recognize, but the other two took a few seconds, given the pie covering their faces. With an amused smile, he read the sign, then producted a trio of towels, handing one to each of the ladies and using the last one to carefully clean off Zool's portrait. "So, what possessed you three to set up a kissing booth that was also a pie-throwing booth?"

"GyrE, it was only supposed to be Zool to be kissed, but people have been adding our names and other features to our sign!" Salinye said, enjoying the fact her face felt clean from the vigorous scrubbing she had given it. Daryl jumped up and yerfed, inquiring as to the price of a five-minute cuddle. "Mmm.... fifteen geld." Ayshela said. Daryl yerfed again and pulled a pouch out of his tail and carefully nosed a ten geld and a five geld piece onto the counter before her before jumping into her arms, murring happily.

Gyrfalcon chuckled softly at Daryl. "You know fuzzface, you could probably open a booth and make money to be cuddled." he said, and Daryl indicated that might be a good idea... but right now, he's enjoying his cuddles.

The half-elf chuckled and shook his head, then looked between Zool and Salinye before placing ten geld in the collection bottle. Zool closed his eyes, preparing himself for a pie to the face. "Hm... I don't suppose you're still willing to give out kisses, are you Salinye?" he said with a rogueish grin. Salinye's eyes widened, and she blushed.

"Still willing? Since when was I willing tonight?" she said, her voice light with amusement as she laughed, somewhat self-consciously.

"Mm... then you won't mind if I steal one or two then?" he said, leaning forward to kiss her lightly on the lips. Salinye's eyes widened again, and her cheeks flushed further before she closed her eyes. The second kiss wasn't nearly as light.

Merelas was passing by, and he grinned at the sight of the two of them, shaking his head. "Took you long enough!" he called, and recieved an Unpolite gesturee from Gyrfalcon, which he took with laughter as he continued on his way.

Another ten geld tinkled into the collection jar, and Ayshela sighed as the two kissed a few more times, the half-elf adding geld as needed. Finally, he stepped back and the two blinked at each other, faces flushed. "One moment." he said before bending down and drawing an X through Salinye's name on the sign.

He tossed a handful of geld into the jar and kissed Salinye again.

Salinye took a step back from the ranger, her face flushed an almost purplish red. If shyness and ability to blush were a contest at this year’s carnival, Salinye would certainly have taken first place. Tearing her surprised eyes away from Gyrfalcon, she was suddenly very aware of the people standing around and staring at them with knowing smirks. Self-conscious, she ran a hand through her hair, smoothed the front of her summer dress and picked up a button from the table, handing it to the ranger.

“Um…” She stammered with a shy, dreamy smile. “Thank you for supporting the guilds.” She then turned and over-busied herself with the task of cleaning Zool’s painting and frame wondering what other surprises this carnival would unearth. Gyrfalcon looked from her to the button in his hand that was identical to the one Peredhil had worn on his lapel. It simply read: “I support the Guilds.”

The familiar stranger barrels up to the kissing booth, two red roses in his teeth. He reaches in his pocket as he arrives, and pulls out 10 gold coins. Setting the coins upon the table and draws himsel close to Ayshela.

The rogue hands one rose to Ayshela and sets the other down on the table. "Please accept this rose as a token of my affection. It's beauty pales in comparison to your own, but in my haste, it was the best could find." Then he kisses the stunning Ayshela with more passion then she has ever experienced. Her knees buckle and she falls backwards, only to have Xanthus catch her and kiss her all the more passionately. After what seems like an eternity, he gently sets her down upon a chair and turns towards Zool.

"And this, my dear Zool, is for you." Xanthus says as he hands Zool the other red rose. Then before Zool can figure out what's happening, the rogue kisses him full on the lips, although perhaps without as much passion as he had shown towards Ayshela.

Xanthus lets go of Zool, and says, "Now I've got to go. You know, rampaging almost dragons on my tail and all." He turns and sprints out of the room, in the opposite direction from where he entered. The coins upon the table disapear just as he leaves.

Edited by _Xanthus_

The only Pen-Registered Moogle happens to notice the Kissing Booth sign and gets an idea. He quickly assembles a booth and floats it next to said kissing booth. The sign says:

Get your KISS t-shirts here! Only 29.95g a piece!

Salinye gives Popku an odd look, and approaches the l'il moogle cautiously...

"Um, KISS t-shirts? I appreciate the enthusiasm, but..."

"Yeah, well, I figured, if there's gonna be a concert, *someone's* gotta sell t-shirts, and Wyvern seems occupied, so..."

"What? Concert? What do you mean... there isn't supposed to be a concert..."

"Hrm, but it says right there: KISSING... KISS is going to sing here, along with Zool, Ayshela and yourself... I never knew you could sing, Sal..."

Zool looks nervously and somewhat enviously out from his portrait, a red rose propped up in the lower left corner of his frame. "KISS t-shirts, disappearing coins, 15g cuddles... Are you sure you wouldn't want to see chicken juggling?"

"What would the chickens say?" replied Salinye.

"Oh... yeah, welll..."

Zool dropped it again, and braced for some more 'business'.

As Xanthus happily departs from the kissing booth and Zool vainly attempts to demonstrate his juggling act, Salinye notices Popku happily working his T-shirt stand at the booth next door. Gently poking Ayshela and pointing her towards the Moogle, the two girls giggle and grin at his misunderstanding in product placement, as well as the cute manner that he swings his antenna when he bounces up and down to advertise his T-shirts. Both Salinye and Ayshela smile for a long moment as they gaze at Popku, then suddenly pause as they notice that the active Moogle now has his eyes fixed on a corner of the street and is violently trembling. Salinye and Ayshela frown as they see the Moogle's fur turn a paler shade of white, and raise their brows when they see him quickly packing away his products. Popku swiftly jumps down and hides himself under his stand, a sign that reads "Not For Sale!" immediatly springing up from his booth. Ayshela and Salinye turn to one another just as a familiar almost dragonic hiss alerts them of the source of Popku's worries.

"Ssssaaaalllliiiiinnnnnyyyyeeee" hisses Wyvern in an extremely sinister manner as he approaches the kissing booth, passing by Popku's stand and dismissing it as an abandoned booth. "And Ayyyyssssshhhhheeeeelllla, so nice to find you two beautiful ladies at such a fine booth."

"Hey, don't forget about me." starts Zool from his portrait, only to be interrupted as Wyvern tosses a white sheet onto him for a bit of privacy. Clearing his throat of a few ashes and spraying some Almost Dragonic Brand Breath Freshener into his mouth, the overgrown lizard leans a scaly elbow on the counter of the booth and turns his eyes in Ayshela and Salinye's direction.

"Well, I must say that you look absolutely delicious today."

The reptilian Elder's forked tongue runs it's way over his lips.

"I could lick you from head to toe, eat you right up... maybe even with a bit of whipping cream, hurr hurr hurrrr."

Salinye and Ayshela turn to one another and tremble as Wyvern digs through his pockets for something, presumably geld to pay for two major kisses. Thinking quickly, the two girls unveil Zool's portrait and hold it in front of them as a kissing shield. Noticing his position, Zool frowns and quickly holds up his rubber chicken, who squacks frantically and proceeds to hold up a portrait of Zool holding up his rubber chicken. The four potential victims stand tensely as Wyvern finally retrieves what he had been searching for: a plastic spork.

"It'sss a shame I don't have five geld on me, otherwise I'd be sure to participate." sighs Wyvern, turning to the leftover pie he had been eyeing earlier and dipping his spork into it. "Good thing it doesn't specify any cost for eating leftovers... say, I don't suppose one of you girls might have some whipping cream to eat with this?"

;-)

Shy Carbone was walking around, looking at the people gathered nearby the kissing booth. She walks around in a crouch position, hoping that she wont get noticed. Then she arrives behind Zool's portrait. The cat looks at the frame and it looks so perfect for scratching. In fact she's already started.

- STOP IT!,yells Zool as soon as he felt the cat's claw on the frame

Carbone stopped immediatly and was beyond than confused. Also, everyone's attention is now focused on her. The shy tabby cat fleed away as fast as possible, as if her life depended on it. The whole crowd blinks their eyes in confusion before resuming their activities.

Jirah approached the booth just in time to watch Carbone bolt, and laughed to himself. Nothing was ever simple, here. Ever.

"Hey, I think I have something that belongs to you." He told Ayshela.

"Umm... ok? What?" She asked.

"Well..." He decided to drag it out, "It's Salinye's as well, I think."

"What?!" Salinye demanded, suddenly attentive.

"Hey! Easy now." He reached into his pouch and tossed a small handful of coins on the table. "I heard a rumor about Xanthus using disappearing coins to pay for his kisses, so I decided to remedy the situation."

"You don't have to pay for someone else," Ayshela began,

"I'm not. I'm giving you his payment."

"He just gave it to you?" Salinye asked, somewhat dubious.

"No. He doesn't know that he's paying you after all." He reached into his pouch again, and withdrew five geld of his own. "And this is from me."

He dropped the geld on the table, and stepped just close enough to kiss Ayshela on the forehead.

"And if anyone else tries to pull a stunt like that, be sure to let me know. I'll be around." Without another word, the best undergarment thief of the Quincuinox left to wander the carnival grounds.

In a flurry of black feathers, and scratching of talons upon the booth, a rather flustered and crumpled looking raven comes to rest next to the jar on the counter top.

After a long pause, in which the bird surveys the gathered crowd, the rather interesting painting, and a pair of rather beautiful ladies, the Raven hops onto the top of the jar, clears his throat, and in a crisp and pure voice addresses the gathered crowd, and the group in the booth.....

"Nevermind" and flies away in a blur of black feathers.

Meanwhile...

Another raven (odd, no? There weren't so many before. Maybe birds *do* have a predilection for poetry?

Or perhaps it's the corndogs.) swoops lazily over two sprinting figures who tear pell-mell through the carnival, cocks his head, and angles downward toward the human-looking one of the two.

Concentrating quite hard, very briefly, he then relaxes, as his special delivery lands solidly in Xanthus' eye (as the [now] ever alert stranger had immediately gazed up to see what was bearing down on him).

Xanthus, in turn, barely has time to swear before his momentum and obscured vision carry him facefirst into a tent pole, the impact with which sends him reeling backward, but into a soft (though not entirely appreciated) land ing, ... let's say a little *too* closa to a hastily erected Hippogriff rides pen.

A small, horrifyingly cute teddy-bear like yelloe thing weraring a pink diaper and wielding a futon beater steps in front of the camera.

It bellows:

bachi-meimei!

(Divine retribution!)

"AAAAAAAAAUGH!!"

Tzimfemme flung herself at the stack of chocolate cream pies awaiting a target. "You're wasting perfectly good chocolate! This can't go on!" She hastily loaded the entire stack of pies into a mini-portal that popped into existence, tossed 80 gold at the jar without really aiming, stretched the portal out to human size, and hopped through it.