The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

KISSING BOOTH!

Salinye

OOC: *g* if you want to weave it back around to the kissing booth, have at! would be a good exercise in and of itself.. but let's not *totally* forget the purpose of the thread, eh?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<insert mystical and mysterious means of escpae here>

The Death of Rats watches with some interest form several feet away, byt the signpost.

Shrugging, as Raven begins to glow, it returns fixedly to ganwing lightly on the psot and paying an inordinate amount of attention to onlookers with pies.

The shadow disapates in a white hot ball of flame, a stightly scorched raven lands on the table of the kissing booth.

Clearing his throat, and standing to his full treacle covered height, he looks at Ayshela. "My apologies for the disruption my lady, my sincerest and most humble apologies, please forgive a bird his flamboyance."

With this he drops 5 treacle covered geld into the jar, and in the true manner of gentlebirds everywhere, (with sharp pointy beaks,) takes Ayshela's hand and bows his head to touch it.

With that he departs, a small ring on his left claw glowing softly.

Deciding that it is probably time she offered some reparations for the distraction, Mynx places her scythe against the wall of the booth and steps round to the front counter.

Holding 5 geld in her paw, she regards each of the "candidates" before grinning.

Tripling the money she holds, Mynx places it on the countertop and, one by one, in a very feline manner, nuzzles Ayshela, then Salinye, then Zool.

She grins at the three of them "Kitty-kiss!"

Before settling down once more leaning against the stall...

Edited by Mynx

Peering around the corner of a nearby booth Wren makes sure that Wyvern is out of sight. "phew! He is starting to make me nervous"

Wren digs in her her bodice and finds a change purse finds 5g and deposits it in the jar. She steps up to Zool wipes a little piece of pie crust off the rubber chicken he is holding, leans a little closer and kisses Zool on the cheek.

Gryphon stops browsing the booths and wanders back by the Kissing Booth to see who's there.

Seeing a momentary gap in the vast numbers gathering around the booth Gryphon walks over and drops 5 Geld in the jar before surveying those behind the booth with his head cocked to one side...

Before she can object he leans in and gives Mynx a gentle nibbling kiss on her neck then bounds off in case she decides to bring her scythe into play looking very pleased with himself.

:P

After a moment of stunned silence in which everyone was watching the happy Gryphon bound away, Mynx leaps up and races after him, leaving (to everyone's surprise) her scythe lying on the ground...

The Raven flys into the booth, again, and not landing this time drops 10 geld into the jar.

The Raven lands on The Master of Time's head, and in true annoyed bird fashion, does a very good woodpecker impersonation on his forehead.

Then flying off in search of a Wyvern, pauses only to pick up his can of coke.

Leaving the fortune booth, a look of confusion on her face, Mynx returns to the kissing booth to pick up her scythe.

Stopping briefly to exchange idle chit chat, she fails to notice that Gryphon has snuck up behind her and placed a banana peel on the ground by her paws.

As she turns to leave, she slips on the peel, but instead of falling into gryphon's waiting arms, she misses him and lands on her face, resulting in her lips landing on the Dath of Rat's forhead (who had just happened to be standing there at the time).

As Mynx apoligises and scrambles back to her paws (thanking the gods that fur doesn't blush), Gryphon looks crestfallen. Dropping another in her way and standing expectantly in front of her, he waits for Mynx to slip again.

This time the plan works. As Mynx once again loses her balance (accidentally standing on the Death of Rats at the same time and yelping a "Sorry!" in its' direction), she falls into the waiting arms of Gryphon, who happily kisses her before purring and attempting to lead her away to a dark corner.

The kissing booth crowd all look on, amused, when suddenly a small voice cries out "Has anyone seen my ferret Dolly?"

Edited by Mynx

The Raven flys in, (again) and in a flurry of black feathers, boards, nails, ink and quills, sets something up on the counter beside the jar.

As the dust settles, onlookers notice that the old sign has a board nailed above it, and in the script of a raven on a serious caffeine high, is written:

KISS BOOTH 5GELD

the writting is followed by an arrow, pointing to the object on the table.

The object is a cage, made of steel, and looking strong enough (although not big enough) to secure an army of large predetors. In the cage, standing 3 inches high, was a ball of green/blue fuzz, purring sofftly to itself.

The raven danced on the top of the cage, and to all announced the new member of the game,

"come one come all

and as before

pay the money

for the one you adore

for if you wish

you can kiss

and if you dont

your chance you may miss

come one

come many

and set geld down

even if you have already

for kisses dont tire

and if you aspire

to show affection true

came back again

and in the end

we can earn money

form you."

Landing beside the cage, he continues his dance, and pointing with a solid looking metal bar, introduces the ball of fuzz.....

" this is booth

dont be uncouth

or shy away from his teeth

for if your kiss is true

a charm for you

will be placed

for the rest of the day.

so pay your way

and kiss him true

and do not show fear

for in his way

if in fear you pay

his kiss is

as sharp as a spear."

(with this he pokes the fuzz with the very solid looking metal bar, and grins as the ball of fluff splits in two along a seam of two inch teeth, that remove the end of the pole.

"so do not fear

a kiss is held dear

and is repaid

in full with charm

so do not fear

and please draw near

for booth

will do no harm"

:raven:

Mynx walks up to the cage and regards it, smirking at the Raven next to it.

"You mean that if I kiss this fuzzball I'll get good luck?" she asked him.

The Raven grinned (can birds do that?) and repeated a verse.

"for if your kiss is true

a charm for you

will be placed

for the rest of the day."

Shrugging, Mynx places 5 Geld on the and, to the shock and amazement of the gathering crowd, bends down until she is eye level with Booth. The critter inside begins to growl at her but Mynx smiles back at it. Conjuring a small ball of light to distract it, she "kisses" (ok, shes a cat, she licks it) Booth on what appears to be the only part of it that doesn't have teeth.

Standing up once more and smiling triumphantly at the Raven, she raises an eyebrow.

"So? What's my prize?"

Edited by Mynx

"just as I said

the prize is a charm

and it is of luck

and will do no harm

Charm is the gift

there is no token

but luck will find you

before the charm is broken"

(dancing alone the edge of the booth addressingthe crowd one more)

"So post a tale

of the luck you find

and tell all

if you'd be so kind"

OOC: if you dont get the message in the rhyme, it is easy, kiss booth, and tell us a tale somewhere in the carnival of your good luck.

A little blue man wanders past the Kissing Booth, noting Salinye and Ayshela, Zool and Xaious and a bunch of people he doesn't know... he notes the Grim Squeaker and shakes his head lightly, a slow grin spreading across his face.

He smiles at Sal, and drops 15 geld into the jar, then leans in for a quick peck on 'Shela's cheek, followed by a light brush of his lips to the back of Sal's hand, and a final tap on Zool's forehead.

He grins at the group, winks at the newcomers, and waves as he leaves.

Ten seconds later, a bounding form in ninja black sweeps into the area, slinging pies with wild abandon and coating the three booth-goers, and leaving a stack of geld on the wood, still spinning by the time he exits.

shadows walks (stumbles) into the booth area, rather perplexed by all the milling and tightly packed bodies. "My dear companion," she says, "can you please tell me what it is that this crowd has gathered for?"

"Well, m'lady," says the rat on ehr shoulder, "there seems to be a kissing booth with two very lovely ladies, a portrait and a man."

"How much?"

"5 for the ladies and the portrait, and one for the man who doesn't seem to be getting much business."

"well, we shall have to remedy that!" She exclaims pulling out 30 geld.

she lays 15 geld on one table and kisses each of the ladies and the portrait . "who did i kiss?" she whispers.

"Zool, Ayshela, and Salinye."

"who's left?"

"Xaious"

"well, well, well," she grins, "then this will be well worth my money." She walks over to Xaious's booth and drops 15 geld on his table.

"I expect no less than 15 kisses, love. Lucky for you I shall make it well worth your while." She grabs him and kisses him passionately, pausing for a breath of air and then going right back in again.

Ah yes, she knew a good writter when she kissed him. And she noted, she hadn't lost her touch. not one bit. The stunned and now rather exausted Xaious lies back dazed in his chair.

"Come my companion, lets go see the rest of the fair."

EDITED FOR SPELLING

Edited by purple_shadows

After the exhausting excercise, Xaious leans back in his chair, catching his breath.

"...Criky!" He exclaims, as Shadows turns to leave.

Until a thought occurred to him, making him jump up from his seat and run for Shadows.

"Wait! You! Lady Shadows!" She turned around in time to be scooped into his arms, and to have her mouth thoroughly examined by his.

He loosens to take a breath, and she stutters.

"..." Again." Whoa wha?"

"I'm sorry, M'lady, but you payed for fifteen kisses, did you not?"

"..Uhmm...Yes, I think so..."

"Well, technically, that was only two kisses: a long one, a pause or air, and then another long one. You left without the last thirteen kisses!"

She looked at him, rather speechless. Surely, two long kisses and fifeen normal-length kisses were of a same value, right? And if not, then the third kiss had been just now exacted. Leaving twelve kisses. Or so she thought.

"Please, M'lady, I can't let you go without getting what you payed for, now can I?"

"Well, no..I..I suppose.." She stuttered." That would not be ethical business..." She wasn't quite sure what was going on.

"Good then. Well, for the rest of your kisses, be sure to stop in by that booth over there" Xaious points to his fortune telling booth, and Lady Shadows gasps to see him, in that booth, wave back at her.

"I wil lbe waiting over there to give you your final thirteen kisses." He smiled.

"But..But...I thought I only had twelve left now..You just got the third kiss..."

"Nah, that was a freebie, for my first customer. Over there, you shall get your other 13 kisses."

Xaious smiled, sending Lady Shadows on her way, and going back to his spot at the booth.

Those thirteen kisses would be worth the wait.

Shadows finds herself momentarilly out of sorts and stumbles outside to catch her breath.

"M'lady, you still have 13 more kisses, you better go claim them, says the rat on her shoulder.

"yes," she muses. "But you see, I can't just go back in there and ask for the rest of my kisses. No, I have something a little better in mind." She quickly counts the geld in her pocket and smiles to herself. "Come my companion, it looks like we have so business to attend to."

She saunters up to Xaiouses booth and drops 10 geld on the table. "Good sir, what is it that you predict for me?" She asks. Leaning a little closer she whispers so that only he can hear, "I believe I already know. Do not dissappoint me."

OCC: This counts for Xaiouses predictions booth, but for obvious reasons, I think it's best posted here.

Edited by purple_shadows

Xaious smiled. Lady Shadows had more surprises in store than she ever imagined.

"Dear Lady Shadows, you will surely not be duisappointed." She smiled, and even blushed a little at that, but still had no clue as to what was truly in her future.

Xaious swept up the payment in his hands, pocketed it.

"Well then..Why don't you come have a seat over here?" Xaious offered a chair, and she gleefully accepted, sitting down, front towards him; their faces were mere inches apart.

"So, what might my fortune be, Love?" She was blushing a slight red, but he didn't notice, as he was more intent on her eyes.

Xaious smiled, glad he remembered certain things quite well.

"M'lady. Before the carnival ends, you will enjoy the benefits of poetic love," She giggled, knowing where this was going. "And you will be caught off guard a few times, too, but never for foul intents." She was smiling like never before, now.

"And also..."

She leaned in close..er...closer, expecting something wonderful.

"Sometimes, you will find you got more than your money's worth, but you already know that so..."

She couldn't stop herself, and leaned in more, greeting his lips with hers, and moving on to his lap for a seat.

It was Xaious's turn to blush.

"Magnificique!" He exclamed when she stopped.

"You..will....Salinye...Ayshela...feel sorry...." He stopped, shaking his head to clear his memories.

"You will end up feeling sorry for the fair damsels of the Kissing Booth -but then again, we all will-, and will try to save them from their plight...though rather unsuccessfully..."

Lady Shadows was not too sure about this one, but enjoyed herself nonetheless.

"Tha..Thank you, Good Sir Xaious." She was smiling, a beaming ray of light.

"No; Thank you." She turned around, to see Xaious standing behind her, away from the kissing booth, and her eyes lit up when he ran up and savagely swept her into the arms of a wonderful embrace.

Thirteen Kisses--------------------------------------------

The first kiss came,

Smooth was the act.

He smiled at her,

She smiled right back.

The second kiss was,

Without a doubt,

A wonderful thing,

As sky with no cloud.

Then came the third,

A passionate red.

She suddenly felt

So light in the head.

Along came a fourth,

tickling the mouth.

A shiver there was,

In her spine running south.

The fifth with an element

Of sudden Surprise.

She gazed in wide wonder,

Sparkling eyes.

Now came the sixth,

Accompanied tongue,

And great was the joy,

For this lasted long.

Seven was lucky,

Seven was good.

Blushed she so much,

But felt it so good.

Kiss eight was so simple,

It defied all the logic.

A valuable thing,

Like an old golden locket.

Here came sweet bliss,

Dressed as kiss nine.

Quenching her thirst,

Like the sweetest old wine.

Kiss ten was magic,

Kiss ten was great.

Kiss ten would leave her,

Awake dreaming late.

Then just like seven,

Came kiss eleven.

She'd dreamed of this,

Twenty-four Seven.

Next was kiss twelve,

Like the knights of the round.

She wondered how such

A joy could be found.

And last but not least,

Came good kiss Thirteen.

The tongues danced for marvel,

at the joy they had seen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he finished kissing her, she was perfectly incapable of hiding any of her joy-as was he-, and she hugged him like never before.

They embraced for minutes on end-seeming lifetimes-, until a passing member asked if they could please return to the kissing booth.

They obliged, where he kissed her once more, a great kiss farewell, and sent her on her way; the fortunes would be fulfilled.

And they were both exceeding joyful for the carnival.

Edited by Xaious, Master of Time

By the time the three (now feeling less put-upon, but still somewhat miffed) more-or-less original booth attendants have gotten themselves (specifically, their eyes) clear of pie AGAIN, they all three realize that the Death of Rats is not only absent from his post at their signpost, he is now nowhere to be seen.

This state of mild concern for all three lasts exactly four seconds, before Zool's eyes glint in mischievious triumph as he quietly points out the sight he has seen approaching (about six inches or so barely from the ground).

The Grim Squeaker, The Great Squeaker, Priest to the left side of the priest to the left side...ahhh, I'm tired and it's too damn many preiests in the way anyway...ambles in the direction of the kissing booth with an almost jaunty step.

The most striking portion beyond its normal strange appearance is the pair of ninja blacks pants it seems to be dragging behind it like a hunting trophy, made stranger still by the fact that they seem to be human-sized, still have the empty sheaths for two Sai blades attached to them, as well as a brownish banana peel stuck to the back back of the pants (right above, in fact, two unidentifiable large puncture holes that seem to be dead center in the seat of the pants...).

There is a weird gleam in the gleam in The Grim Squeaker's eye sockets as it proudly fastens the pants to the bare portion of the Kissing Booth's signpost like a flag...fastening it with what seems to be the remains of a pie tin...