The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf VIII - Newcomers encouraged!!

Katzaniel

Note: New people are always welcome, but as we are short-handed right now, you are encouraged even more strongly than usual to join. My plug: I like these games because they are very much like usual roleplay stories, but they have a definite beginning and ending and you can decide to stretch yourself (or not) in a lot of different characters and a fairly short time period. You're not required to join more than one, but if you do join in please be available to post at least once every 48 hours until your character is out. Thank you!

(Rules) (OOC Discussion)

Players (To be Editted as needed):

Nave as Woof - thinks he's a dog

Gnarlitch as Itchy - general troublemaker

Vahktang as Milos / Aic - everyone from "One Flew Over the Cuckoos's Nest"

Ozymandias as Lamont - crazy somehow or other

Eyremon as Eyremon - is fighting some sort of war

dragonqueen as Rena - thinks everyone's out to get her

MTUFoolish as Mike - thinks he's Michael Jackson

Dean as Napolean - not really Napolean

Jammeez as Jammeez - big troublemaker

NPCs

Katz/Tanuchan as Dustin - sees things

Edited by Katzaniel

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin sat in the hard chair facing the hard-cheeked woman. He wondered why the mental institution would choose to have such hard chairs. Was it easier for them to tell something about a person who was uncomfortable? What was she thinking about him right now? Dustin shifted to lean on his elbows and looked the woman, who had introduced herself as Ms. Triffle, in the eye. Her gaze flickered but her voice did not falter as she continued reading over her list, and Dustin tried to figure out what she was thinking.

"The patients wake up at six o'clock in the morning - we find that rising early is a healthy practice. We try to keep you busy, though, so breakfast is at seven and by eight o'clock we will have some activity going on. You will be required to participate five or more days per week, but I'm sure you'll find that you are more than happy to do so. Sunday and Thursday we play a team sport like Soccer, Tuesday is a more independent game like Tennis. Other days you might play Chess or Backgammon or go swimming, there is a lot of variety. The games go on until ten-thirty when we have a councilling session. That's when we break up into those smaller groups I was telling you about. You'll get quite friendly with your group pretty quickly, and I think you'll find it easy to talk about things when you need to. Mr. Shook, are you paying attention?"

Dustin wasn't. He was studying the child that had appeared next to Ms. Triffle. The boy was sucking on a lollipop and tugging on the woman's arm. She ignored him completely, which led Dustin to believe that he wasn't real.

"Yes. Please go on," he said, shifting his attention back to the woman in front of him.

"At noon," she continued, giving him a sharp look, "we break for a healthy lunch. The time just afterward is your own except on Fridays, when we have an outing with your group. On other days, you may read, watch television, almost anything... but we will check in on you regularily until four-thirty, dinnertime. When that is done with, everyone pitches in to clean up, both the supper and the general area. Tasks are alternated every week. In the evening, patients usually play cards or a board game, or talk. This time is also fairly unstructured but patients are not allowed to be on their own until at least eight. Lights out is ten o'clock." Ms. Triffle paused, then pushed a sheet of paper toward him. "Are you still willing to join us, Mr. Shook?"

Dustin nodded. He was still nervous, but firm in his decision. He was definitely insane, he could doubt it no longer, and this place seemed pretty nice. He skimmed the sheet and signed it. It felt like signing away his soul, even though they would give him an opportunity every six months to change his mind and leave, and when Dustin looked up again Ms. Triffle bore a pair of horns. He grimaced but ignored the illusion.

"Then it's done. Welcome to Canmore Institute for the Mentally Unbalanced, Mr. Shook. I'll introduce you to your group now, and then you may set up your room and join us for supper. Tomorrow is Friday, so for this week only you may choose whether you join us, but I highly recommend it since we are going to the zoo." The woman stood up and led Dustin out of the room. He looked back at the forlorn child before following.

<pushing himself around in an office chair>

errrrghhhh zooooom wwwwwhhhhhooooooo

I'm a fighter pilot! <_<

dat dat dat dat dat dat dat dat dat dat

errrrrgggggooouuuuuu cccchhhhhhoooooo

<Doctor> That is John. he suffers from Delousions. He basicallys sees things that are not there. just ignore him and you'll be fine. have fun at the zoo.

:woot: They're on me I can't shake them. I can see them. There are two of them trying to kill me.

Woooshhh dat dat dat dat

:woot: I am hit May day May day this is Eyremon. copy I am going down! repeat I have been hit and I am going down.

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

<crash> John crashes his chair into the wall and falls out, while slipping into unconscienceness.

Edited by Eyremon

A 400+ pound man in a nurses uniform fit for a 200 pound woman walks up, holding a tray out.

The orderlies stare and the conversation begins again on how the hell does he get these things.

The large man speaks in a strong, authoritive and almost female voice:

"Good morning, Dustin. I am Nurse Mildred Ratched, your floor nurse. Have you taken your medication today?"

Dustin looks at the man, and notes the similiarty between the one in front of him and they guy that runs 'Ain't it cool news' on the internet. But this one was fatter. And hairier.

The two orderlies were quietly sneaking up on this strange fellow from behind.

"I believe you're at the 200 milligram level, aren't you?"

Dustin looks down at the offered tray. Small paper cups full of plain and peanut

M & M's.

"Go ahead. Take your medication. You don't want me to be cross at you, do you?"

Dustin looks up at 'Nurse Ratched'. The smile is friendly, but there is a hardness behind it. And under that something else.

Suddenly the tray goes up in the air, the candy spilling and the two orderlies are man-handling the patient, who is protesting and fighting back feebly.

"There best not be any real pills on that tray again, 'Milos'," says the larger one.

The big man suddenly goes limp, and the two orderlies begin to drag him away.

"No DVD's for a week, now," says the other as they drag him away.

"No," says the big man, quietly, defeated. "I have a marathon coming. I have to watch-"

What he has to watch is cut off by the closing of the secure doors.

A moment later a number of the patients run up and begin scrambling for the dropped candies.

OOC: Accuse...the flying pink elephant around dragonqueen. He's the cause of everything bad!

:)

More later,

Vahktang

Dustin looked around and saw at a round table, a man sitting by himself. Holding his hands in front of him, he appears to be talking to no one. Dustin raised an eyebrow and then heard the man say, "Ok, so Tom you want 3 cards, Will you want two, and Abe you already folded." The man moved his hands as if dealing cards, "And I'm not taking any."

Then the man saw Denis, "Ah a new victim, welcome, welcome, tell me you self-aquited or some pea-brained family memeber lock you in here?"

Before Dustin could answer, the man continued, "Yea, me to..." Then he stopped suddenly, as if interupted. "Oh, you're right, Abe i haven't introduced anyone yet. Sir, this is Thomas Edison, this is William Shakespeare, this is Abraham Lincoln, (he guestured to three empty chairs) and I'm, of course I'm sure you recognize me, Michael Jackson at your service. Owww"

Rena sits in a cornor, watching the every move of those near her. Her eyes are slightly wild, and she seems very tense. She looked like at any moment she might bolt, like a frightened rabbit. Rena mutters rapidly to herself.

"Lying bastards. They said I was safe. They said nobody was out to get me. They said it was all in my head. But they lied. They're all against me, I know it. Anyone of them could be hiding a knife, ready to stab me when the oppurtunity appears. It's all a conspiracy. They lure you into a false security, and then they strike. As soon as I let down my guard..."

Rena continues rambling to herself, twisting her hands in her lap as she does. As soon as someone moves an inch closer to her, she jerks away.

Itchy looks around himself at the other patients and wonders how the hell he ended up here. Well, if you can't beat em, join em! :demon:

Itchy snags the full mop bucket from a passing janitor and runs and dumps it all over John, unconscious on the floor.

"Wake up airman! Come on! We rescued you from the mediterranean sea where your plane went down, but we need you to fly our new ZX-71! The rabid Venutians are attacking and we need you to defend us! You're the only one who can do it!

When John wakes up Itchy gets him to sit in the empty mop bucket and then arms him with the still-dripping mop. He then gives him a hard shove, sending him flying across the room to intercept the orderlies about to attack the "nurse," but instead misses and makes him caroom into Rena instead! :woot:

OOC: Dustin is an NPC, and so am I... just to remind you when it comes to voting :) And I am as clueless as you concerning roles, so please don't take whatever I write as anything more than ramblings from a fellow lunatic ;)

IC:

Dustin keeps silent, nodding at Michael Jackson though the people he can see at his table don't exactly match the names he has heard. Abraham Lincoln had a goatee, and he would never have given him that roguish smirk, fit more to... who was he? He had seen him before... talked to him even...

No, not talked...

Dustin frowns, a patent effort to bring something back to his memory.

No, not talked... he has seen him, but not as he saw the others... a picture? A movie? A movie...

Yeah, that was it, Doc Holiday!

He avoids commenting anything, but it's clear that Doc Holiday is enjoying the fact that Michael Jackson is mistaking him for the President, and his smirk grows. As for the others... William Shakespeare looked more like Mick Jagger, and the Thomas Edison guy... well, he simply wasn't there.

Dustin shrugs lightly, nodding his greetings to all three... no, four... of them, and leaves them to their game still feeling the weight of Doc's smirk on his back.

Suddenly he sees himself in the middle of a racket involving "nurse Ratched" and some orderlies, and some minutes later he steps hastily aside to avoid John's "flight". As Rena screams, Dustin has to restrain himself not to run over them and protect them from the pack of wolves that appear in John's wake.

They are not there. I can hear their howling but they are not there.

"Of course I am, dear. You shouldn't ignore me."

Dustin looks at his side and sees that young woman again, with her raven-black hair and gray eyes. She smiles impishly at him, shimmering then shrinking and changing into her wolf form. Caught by her eyes, Dustin kneels down and pets her once more...

But she's not here. I'm insane. She's not here.

In an effort of will Dustin tears his eyes away from the wolf he only can see, and stares at the man in the chair. He wants to scream a warning, to tell him to beware the guy with a knife who's standing at his side. But the guy turns to him and puts a finger on his lips, asking for his silence.

An orderly comes to bring some medicine to the man, ignoring completely the assassin guy, almost passing through him on his way to other patients. Dustin guesses the assassin isn't there, and sighs once more. He looks around, looking for something to do, and sees his wolf...

His wolf? Since when he has started considering this wolf "his", as if a pet?

... his wolf sitting besides Doc, looking curiously at the card game.

Turning, Dustin carefully approaches Rena.

"Ehh... hi... "

Rena retreats hastily, looking at him with veiled eyes. Dustin still feels in his back Doc Holiday's smirk.

Rena screams when John runs into her. Curling into a ball, she pushes herself into the cornor. You can hear her whimpering.

"Oh my god, they're attacking. They hate me. They sent him, they did. I know it. They're playing with my mind. Oh my god."

Slowly, Rena recovers somewhat. She sits again, but her eyes are wide with fear and panic. When Dustin approaches, she shrinks back, watching him hostilely.

Itchy pats the dog-man on the head and then picks up a ball off a near by shelf. "Wanna play fetch, boy? Huh? Ya wanna"

"Woof, WOOF!"

"Okay, boy, go get it!" He throws the ball right into the middle of the "card game," just to see how the "players" will react.... :P

As "Woof" scampers off on all fours, an impudent drawl is heard. "Maybe we can leave him at the zoo. <_< "

Jammeez slouches in an armchair with one leg slung over the side, watching TV and acting quite superior to all her follow inmates. She has an insolent smile for Dustin when he notices her. B)

She doesn't seem too crazy...I wonder what her story is. Dustin watches her for a couple minutes, then moves on...

Edited by Jammeez

"Aaaaaarrgh."

Finally an attendant looks in through the tiny window.

"What's your problem?"

[with a chicano accent]"My balls itch."

The attendent gives a snort of a laugh.

"Your on you own for that one, 'Cheech'."

The attendent leaves.

"Aaaaaarrgh."

Edited by Vahktang

Jammeez swings herself up out of the overstuffed armchair. She looks around for the nurses and orderlies and, seeing none about, saunters over to Rena, rocking and whimpering in the corner. Hunkering down on her heels, and looking into Rena's tear-streaked face for a moment, Jammeez reaches softly to touch Rena's shoulder. When Rena opens her large doey eyes...

"BOO!" yells Jammeez, and roars with laughter as she runs out of the room, leaving a hysterical Rena sobbing and wailing in the common room. :woot:

Edited by Jammeez

"and the pile belongs to me" said Mike, a.k.a. Michael Jackson, dragging a non-existant pile of chips towards him just before....

BOOM!!!

the table exploded into a mess of imaginary chips, cards, and players which was quite a spectacle for those who could see it, but everyone else just saw Mike and the table tip over.

Mike landed on the floor laughing. Pulling himself up to his knees, he gave Woofie a good rub on the head, picked up the ball and threw it to the otherside of the room.

He stood up and brushed off the dog hair that wasn't really there. He was still laughing, a deep husky voice. But then he noticed the people watching him and the laugh stopped abruptly. Standing for a moment unsure what to do, he grabbed his crotch and stuck out his arm, letting out a high-pitched "OWWW!!!"

after passing Rena, Eyremon spins his chair around with the bucket on his head and mop over his shoulder. he slowly advances his chair toward napolean while making a constant grinding noise.

errgggggggggghhhhhh

when he gets to the obsticals he stops and slowly rotates his chair to a new direction and the continues...

errrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh

he passes by napolean only to stop at a blank picture frame. (no glass just frame)

Eyremon then leans back causing the mop handle to raise until it is centered on the frame.

pppbbbgggghhhhh

Eyremon "fires" his mop at the frame sending it crashing to the floor. He then turns around and slowly rolls back to itchy before standing up and saying

"Mission accomplished high overlords from TX395 please do not suck my brains out."

Feeling a soft touch on her shoulder, Rena opens her eyes, if only to glare at them. She wasn't expecting Jameez's "Boo!", and it frightens her to no end. Rena screams, and breaks out into hysterical sobbing.

"Why? Why do they hate me so much? Why can't they just leave me alone? Why do they torment me? The least they could do is kill me now, instead of teasing me and... Oh, they're horrible! I knew it. They're all out to get me, and they'll drag it out as much as possible, just to see me suffer. Why? Why me? What did I ever do to them?"

Rena continues her wailing and sobbing, babbling on about the conspiracy against her, regardless of the fact that no one seems to care.

Chasing after the ball as it flies to the other side of the room, Woof fails to notice the rapidly approaching wall.

THUD!!!

"ARF!"

Woof crouches down and puts his front paws over his head and hides for a bit.