The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Werewolf VIII - Newcomers encouraged!!

Katzaniel

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alone in her cell, Jamz paces back and forth...

"...I remain on the far side of crazy...

...the last threw caution to the breeze...

...no hundred dollar cure will save me...

...and wheeled above the leafy trees...

...I remain on the far side of crazy...

...as one flew East, and one flew West...

...no hundred dollar cure will save me...

...this one flew o'er the cuckoo's nest..."

Actually, I was going more for 'far side of crazy' than the other lines.

But that was a great death.

Thank gawd I don't have to try and remember more asylum movies.

This was a fun game.

Thanks all.

PS: There is no hope for you all.

You all spirelling into the depths of despair and suicide, murder and mayhem.

Have fun with it.

:):):P:)<_<

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted! I had to go somewhere for a week and I didn't have access to a computer. I'll try to stay caught up now...

IC:

Rena sits in the center of her padded cell, hugging herself and rocking back and forth. Earlier, during questioning, she had refused to answer a single question, out of fear of giving away vital information. Safe in her room now, Rena congratulates herself on withstanding interogation successfully. And kicking that one in the shins...good move, Rena. Don't let 'em get near you. Rena's triumph is short-lived, though. One sentence plays over and over in her mind.

"It isn't paranoia when they REALLY are out to get you...it isn't paranoia when they REALLY are out to get you...it isn't paranoia..."

Rena is filled with terror as it repeats in an endless loop in her head. What does it mean? The man who said it...he was dead...but what had he meant? Did he mean there really was a conspiracy against her? Well, duh! Even Rena had to laugh at that one. Of course there was a conspiracy! Nothing else made sense. But was he part of the conspiracy? Or was he just trying to scare her? Did he know something about it? If he was still alive she could ask him... But there are more important matters at hand. If the man was a member of the conspiracy, he wasn't an important one. Rena realizes she must pinpoint the killer and take him out. To kill the snake, cut off its head, she thinks. Once their top plotter is executed, they will be thrown off balance...and then...one point for Rena. Idly Rena wonders if it is possible to kill the assasin without getting her hands dirty...

Rena laughs softly as suddenly it occurs to her. The one known as... Rena hesitates even to think it, for fear they will know, somehow, someway. He has acted so blatantly crazy... Rena will think on it more, but she is relatively sure of her choice. If she is wrong...so what? She will go through the ranks until the threat is eliminated. Now, she cannot sleep, even in this cell, for their arms reach everywhere...

Edited by dragonqueen

*The warders bring Napoleon a writing pad and a ball point pen with a feather taped to it. He takes off his hat, moves as if he is entering a tent, and sits at his chair. He begins to write, in french. But not to worry gentle reader, I have translated it!*

Dearest Josephine,

I remain encamped with a few officers, but the situation has turned ugly. I can sense them plotting amongst themselves. My spies have reported in. They have found a mineral deposit in the shape of a spoon. Now we can have more cannonballs to fight the Russians.

I have found that even with dwindling supplies we are able to have three meals a day. I have awarded the chef the medal of freedon, but I was given a cockeyed look. I would have given a proper medal instead of a certificate, but alas, all the medals had to be made into cannon fire. But I still do not deserve such treatment.

As a matter of fact, the next time the Sargent brings me my writing kit, I shall give him a certificate of execution. While the meals are still arriving steadily, I must keep face in front of the men.

Until winter passes, My love

Emperor Napoleon the First

*He rolls his note and presses a cracker jack ring as a sort of "Seal" in peanut butter. Then he hands the letter to an orderly, who snidly salutes. Napoleon then resumes his position standing at the window, hand in coat*

owww. I don't think I like Bobby at all. he isn't very nice, or talkative.

I must be back to my wall. In my fort I cannot be hurt. the french and russians will combine into a form of catalina and Mike will be the king of soft drinks once again. the poor puppy was killed for no reason, that I can tell. I know the short guy from france is safe. why else would he keep the peanut butter. My mother used Jif and she was safe. Smart mothers and emperors use Jif. Why does that wall have a hole in it. I might be able to see the outside with it. or I can make my own peep hole. everyone else will be jealous. of my viewport. my window to the outside. it is mine. i might share it with someone. No no no no it must remain hidden and secret. like the resistance. yes. a chimpanzee operation. hit and run. like the Mohammad Ali. float like a butterfly sting like jellyfish. why doesn't bobby like me? I tried to play nice with him. I wonder if itchy met bobby. I betcha itchy could make bobby cry red. but itchy wouldn't stop at red. I would like to hear bobby cry red, from the safety of my wall and peep hole. Yes all mine....

Trent walks down the eerily silent corridors of the Mental Institution, hurrying to meet up with Lorinda. Hopefully she would not mind that he was a couple of minutes late for his shift, but at this time of the night, where could she need to go? He'd make it up to her another day. However, when he rounded the corner he came face to face with the bodies of Lorinda and the other two guards on duty, torn apart but neatly laid out in the centre of the hall. His gasp echoed down the corridor, and Trent was at a loss as for what to do. No time even to mourn for his friend, he must call for backup, figure out whether the killer was still around... so much to do. Should he check the locks before calling anyone? Doing so might prevent more murders, but Trent decided to call the office first. This was not a job for one person.

Within an hour the hall was abuzz with activity. Trent and three others had searched the area and discovered a drop of blood deposited on the doorhandle of each of the isolation chambers. Each but one. Inside that chamber lay the body of Lamont, dissected like the other bodies. On the wall was hastily lettered the words "EVL LURKS IN H". Laid on his chest was a notebook, with the knife pierced through it to Lamont's flesh. The book was partially filled with the man's scrawl, but in some sort of code. Only the title was written in plain English; for some reason the words "Dream Visions" were written clearly on the cover. Inside each of the other stalls a patient slept. None of them seemed to have been disturbed at all, but the guards posted in other hallways had seen nothing, and so it seemed obvious that one of them must have convinced one of the guards to open the door. Perhaps a claim to need the washroom, or a request for medicine, once the door was open they must have singlehandedly murdered all three of the guards.

When morning came the patients were again assembled in the dining hall. The police addressed them and told them everything they knew. They asked for cooperation, saying that any clue could be important to save the lives of the remaining patients.

OOC: Day phase. Accusations may be made now. Oh, and your seer is dead.

Alive:

Gnarlitch as Itchy - general troublemaker

Eyremon as Eyremon - is fighting some sort of war

dragonqueen as Rena - thinks everyone's out to get her

MTUFoolish as Mike - thinks he's Michael Jackson

Dean as Napolean - not really Napolean

Jammeez as Jammeez - big troublemaker

Dead:

Nave as Woof - Like a cornered wolf - except not.

Vahktang as Milos / Aic - On the far side of crazy. :D

Ozymandias as Lamont - I have Seen the answer to this mystery. I am innocent.

Edit: To grant Ozy a favour.

Edited by Katzaniel

Mike is stunned by all the deaths. Who could do such a thing. Not only was it moraly wrong, but it was darn near impossible. The culprit had to overpower 3 guards and one crazy person and do it quietly enouh, not to attract the other guards. Who here would know how to do that? Maybe the Itchy fellow. He seems experienced when i comes to fighting. He beat the crap out of gaurds before, close to death some of them. But his style had always been aggresive and loud, drawing attention to him, and he never actually had killed anyone...that we know of. It could be someone else, but who?

OOC: Itchy unless convinced otherwise

Itchy sits in a corner with his arms wrapped around his knees and stares off into space...he's totally wacked out on drugs after the incident with Aic yesterday afternoon. No one seems willing to go near him, even though they have him shackeld hand and foot to the wall. He doen't care...at this point in time, with all of these drugs in his system, he doesn't even see or feel anything. Somewhere, deep inside the darkest recesses of his mind, he knows that this is for the best. He had actually hurt some of those cops, and then he had actually killed Aic. He was an animal that deserved to be locked away in a cage until it could be "put to sleep." He just hoped he also wasn't responsible for all those other violently bloody deaths as well....PLEASE GOD! LET IT END!

OOC: I hope this post makes sense, as I am a bit drugged out myself at the moment. I had stupid hernia surgery this morning and am still a bit loopy. :huh:

OOC: Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm plenty messed up without any drugs. Heck, when I was in the Marines I'd always be the designated driver while on leave as I don't drink. Problem is, I'd embarrass the guys who were drunk off their asses by the crap I'd do with out being drunk. :P

IC: Itchy moans and groans a bit in the corner as the drugs begin to wear off and he begins to feel more pain, both bodily and mentaly. Then, in one brief moment of clarity, he realizes who must be the true killer here. Shakily, he raises a shackled hand to point....at Rena, who is hiding in a corner opposite him.

OOC: Rena/DragonQueen, because she's going to accuse me (since she tried to already during night phase! :) )

Vahktang as Milos / Aic - On the far side of crazy. <-- Better?

Yes, thank you. :D

And I just thought of an asylum character that would have gotten me lynched the first round.

The Joker.

Oh, that would have been fun.

Maybe next time.

Good hunting.

Rena huddles in a cornor, trying to isolate herself from everybody else. Naturally she hadn't eaten anything this morning, because what a perfect oppurtunity to poison her. As a result, Rena's stomach was rather empty, which didn't help at all. Glaring out at the world from behind slitted eyes, she scrutinizes the occupants of the dining room, and settles on her choice of last night.

OOC:Gnarlitch/Itchy

The nurses feed the patients supper, and everyone is silent. The terrible mood was pervasive. Rena looks suspiciously at her food and pushes it away. Jammeez refrains from making snowballs out of the mashed potatoes, something she may have done some other day. Mike looks across the room at Itchy, wondering if he could really have done the murders. Eyremon and Napolean eat somberly while staring at each other like enemy captains who have no choice but to work together for a time. Itchy, who is still upset at himself for Aic’s death, is pushing the food around on his plate and is surprised to find three little pills inside his potatoes. Something inside him wonders whether the pills were put there to kill him, but part of him doesn’t care. He eats them.

Hours later, after everyone has gone to sleep, Itchy begins to feel the paralysis. And the murderer grins at the irony of the violent one dying in such a slow, painful and irreversible process.

OOC: Gnarlitch was innocent. I'm sorry, Gnarlitch. Everyone else, night phase. W/B, PMs. Good luck.

Alive:

Dead:

Nave as Woof - Like a cornered wolf - except not.

Vahktang as Milos / Aic - On the far side of crazy.

Ozymandias as Lamont - I have Seen the answer to this mystery. I am innocent.

Gnarlitch as Itchy - Murder/Suicide, werewolf style.

OOC: :huh: I guess I wasn't the only one just waiting to see how others would vote, huh? Ah, well...sorry, my love!

IC: The dog and both nemeses, gone in a blink. :unsure: Maybe this situation really was serious. Maybe Jamz should be treating it with some consideration after all. She ponders whether she should go to the night nurse and tell her everything. Maybe she should say she'll cooperate with the police detectives now. Maybe...NAAAAAHHHH! :P

Edited by Jammeez

OOC: Sorry about the wait.

IC:

When morning comes, Itchy's death is discovered. By now, there isn't very much excitement about it. The orderlies take away the body, shaking their heads sadly, and the patients feel just a little more secluded, like the room is closing in on them. There are fewer than before and so there should be more space, but in a way, it really is compressing. And, although no one sees it happen but the two patients directly involved, a conversation occurs that results in a virus being spread from one participant to the other. The newly diseased patient has not yet struck, but they are eager and waiting for the opportunity.

OOC: You now have two wolves among you. Choose carefully! The suspects are still as listed in the last phase shift, as no new deaths have occurred. It is now day phase. I would like as many as possible to participate in the voting please.

Edited by Katzaniel

Our choices are few, and our enemy has apparently turned one of our allies. but whom. as long as I am in my fort I am safe. but who am I trying to protect myself from? mike. he hasn't done anything illegal, but my jury is still out on that one. rena, she might just be ready to take on the world. it is quite fun. Napolean hasn't done anything wrong. but seriously a land war in asia. never a good sign. Jammeez has been causing trouble and dissent the entire time. She caused Itchy to hurt himself. Itchy was a good person, even though he didn't know what Red means. but who should I eliminate, napalm, bombard, take a long walk off of the pirate plank, put infront of the firing squad? I just don't know. but my instinct compells me to choose Jammeez. she caused much dissent. hopefully her departure will cause the plattoon to calm down.

Rena hides in a cornor, as always, and scrutinizes who's left. The terribly crazy one is gone, and that relieves Rena. A new strategy occurs to her then. Perhaps it would be best to take out the most insane first, and work from there? Yes, a perfect plan. Rena's eyes light up as she hits on a victim. The person who calls himself 'Mike'. Yes. He is...disturbing. Rena will be much more comfortable when he is gone. Rena smiles at the thought...

OOC: MTUFoolish/Mike

Once again, Napoleon looks out his window. But halfway through the day he gives pause...

He stares at the fortifacation. He considers the ins, the outs, the tensile strength of the cusions, and the velocity of a french cannon.

Better that the cannons were inside. He gives a sharp whistle and makes a gesture. Mounting his "horse" he gallops to the encampment.

"Pardon! I, the emperor of all Europe, demand refuge in your mighty keep. My men have store and we must endure this winter."

He wait's outside the "Getes" for an answer.

:huh: I'm a troublemaker?...I'M A TROUBLEMAKER???...

... :lol:Ha :Pha :woot: ha :Dha :lol:haha :woot: haha :hmm:

It's Rena. <_<

Edited by Jammeez