The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

What is it?

Katzaniel

I discovered this neato-inkblot during an online inkblot test and so I copied it into my picture files. (It's not advertising if I'm just giving due credit, right? The picture comes from Emode). Now that the upload avatar option is working I can change it whenever the mood hits, so I thought I'd put the blot as my avatar.

The question is, what do you think it is?

I'm curious, because I don't see very much more than one thing which is clear & obvious to me. So, does anyone care to share what they see in it?

I'd say it looked like some sorta south american flying frog (or wherever they come from) but the part that looks like legs aren't the right shape, and it seems to go closer in together as it goes up, if that makes sense. So instead, it looks like a shaman of some sort, dressed up in tribal gear, composed of feathers and such, performing some sort of ritual with his arms outstretched to the sky.

Yep.

:tree:

I believe with inkblots it is what you see first that is telling.

I saw a man in a costume. I'm afraid a lizard wouldn't have occured to me... no tail.

If you like looking at inkblots though... expand my avatar and tell me what you see. I designed it with 'finding things' in mind. :)

Glad you guys are having fun with this - some of you especially :P

I see basically what Nyyark does. Not necessarily the wolves, but some sort of mage. To me, it represents some deep sort of pride and the sense of danger - the mage is standing on a hill, spreading his arms to indicate his power. The arms of his cloak sag and he has antennae, but that's what I see.

Inkblots are fun :D

I first thought of the painting from the movie/book Red Dragon. I really can't remember it's proper title, but I do believe it's a painting of Satan.

The blot does bear a striking resemblance in outline.

On a different note, that's the first polychromatic inkblot test I've ever seen. Huh.