The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Silver Dragon

The wind rustled through the trees, but all she could hear was the sound of her own breath in her ears. She ran on not knowing if they had given up yet. The feeling was still there though, the sense that she was not yet alone. On she ran through the night, running faster still till she could run no more. The last thought that went through her head was "what is going to happen when they find me?" As consiouness left her body she thought she heard footsteps off to her right.

:dragon4: that is a beginning.

A good start to a story.

my e-mail is silver_dragon_09@yahoo.com

On his way out from welcoming Alzorath, Peredhil notices new ink on the faded "Instructions" parchment on the waiting room wall. Looking carefully, he sees that several works have been added below the instructions.

With Melba's help, he carefully transcribes each to its own Application form. As he transfers the latest, from Silver Dragon, he nods to Melba,

"A good start indeed."

Melba nods back silently, over come with emotion at the stirring tale.

Pulling a large green handkerchief from her "flame" red and orange Mu-Mu, she attends to it with a large HONK!

"Beautiful," She mutters back as she begins eating a few donuts to fend off the tears.

Brute's hulking form pauses in the shadows as Melba sheds her tears. He silently waits until the rotund secretary has passed far down the hall before leaving his dark sanctuary. The pale mage reads the brief introduction and nods, a grin forming upon his white face that reaches the ebony eyes. "So, she finally applied. Well done, love."

A loud snorting noise alerts Brute to the return of Melba. Quickly, Brute hastens away from a potentially dangerous scene with a word of power that transports him to a safe location: the booze hall.

(finish the story, kiddo! ;) )

Ok so I hear that someone wanted to hear more of my story. Well here we go.\

A soft light slowly penetrated the darkness, as her eyes slowly fluttered open she stoped for a minute for she didn't know where she was. The damp leaves beneath her and the chatter of the birds brought to mind th eevents of the night before. Carefullly rising to a sitting postion she examined the area around her to see if they had found her yet. There was nothing that she could see to indicate that anyone had ever been here other than herself. Listening carefully to the sounds of the morning she rose to see where her feet might lead her today. Having no idea where she was she wandered off with the sun to her back. "How am I to get home?" she wondered aloud. She was totally and utterly lost. Despair at the fact began to sink in as she wandered deeper into the woods. Day slowly faded to the beginnings of dusk and she began to look for a place safe for the night. Weary from her despair she promptly fell right to sleep.

To be continued on another day for I am at a loss.

Here is more, though not much more, for those who wanted more.

:dragon4:

As the slender woman sat there rereading what she had just written she wondered just what was taking so long. She had been waiting for a long time now it seemed, idally playing with her silver hair she saught for something to ocupy her time for she could think of nothing else to write on her story at the moment. As her gaze traveled the lenght of the hall she caught sight of the miniature silver dragon that was her pet. It seemed odd to her though that her name seemed to fit her in every aspect. She had a silver dragon as a pet, silver hair and silver eyes, with a slightly dark complection which accented the dragon tatoo that covered the left half of her face. "It is very odd." she thought. Then the thought came upon her that maybe it was ment to be. The intricate tatoo covering her face was what caught most peoples attention, but than her hair didn't help much either. As she sat and waited for the resultes of her application she pondered all of this and more. So totally engrossed in her thoughts was she that she totally missed her dragon come streaking to her shoulder to hide in her hair. At this display from her beloved pet she looked up to see what had startled the poor thing. As far as she could see there was nothing that should have startled her. "It is alright Seyan,"she mumbled to the tiny dragon "see there is nothing there." As she calmed Seyan she freverently hoped that she would be accepted. Leaning back, she carfully folded her wings and tried to get more comfortable. Waiting was becoming an increadably boring thing she listened closely for signs of anyone coming to retrieve her and though there seemed to be none she wished for someone to come soon.

:dragon4:

Edited by Silver Dragon

Wyvern practically crashes into Brute as he races down the hall towards the Recruiter's Office, moving as fast as his scaly legs can carry him. Shouting an apology back towards the pallid drunkard and quickly checking the time on the toy Tyco Wristwatch™ he had stolen from a little kid in a stroller, the overgrown lizard breaths a sigh of relief as he notices the hands of the watch are still glued on 12:00 P.M. Wyvern didn't understand why, but somehow the watch seemed to have magical properties since the time never seemed to change on it...

Rushing into the Office and striking a triumphant pose as he enters, Wyvern turns to Silver Dragon and Melba and proudly points to his watch, exclaiming:

"Greetings, fellow Pen members and honored guests! Today is a historic moment... this is the first time I've arrived five minutes early!"

Silver Dragon and Melba exchange glances glumly before the Almost Secretary of Initiates clears her throat and angrily growls:

"If you don't count the week that's passed by and the couple of hours you're late today, I might almost say that you're correct, Wyvern. But of course, I won't even give you that remote notion of satisfaction."

Noticing that both Silver Dragon and Melba appear to be rather irritated by his apparent lateness, Wyvern checks the grandfather clock resting in the corner of the Office and notes that it is, indeed, a week later than he had expected. Suddenly realizing why all of his endorsement deals had fallen through the roof and the reason that none of his associates had showed up at the financial meetings, Wyvern tosses the watch away in disgust.

"I'll stick to stealing simple candy from now on..." hisses the reptilian Elder as he bows to Silver Dragon and picks up her application with his right claw. Reading over the introduction, the overgrown lizard grins and exclaims:

"I see that you also have some dragonic blood in you... well I'll be darned! It'll be great to have another almost dragon around these parts. Man, I wish that *I* had wings like yours..."

Silver Dragon smiles and blushes slightly, scooting her chair over due to not wanting to be associated in any way to the evil-looking Elder. They may have both been partially dragonic, but the difference was astounding... they seemed to be almost opposites with their contrasting colors.

Suddenly noticing Seyan fidgeting in Silver Dragon's hair, Wyvern's thoughts immediatly turn from similarities in racial lineages to making money off of careless pets. Rubbing his scaly claws sinisterly and searching through his pouch for a toy knight in shining armor doll to lure the pet over, the lizard is interrupted as Melba casts him one of her "You-know-where-this-going-so-don't-be-surprised-if-you're-clobbered-over-the-head-with-a-mallet" glances. Grumbling to himself and leaving Seyan be, the lizard stamps Silver Dragon's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED application, Silver Dragon, welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) My apologies for taking a week to write a proper response, the applications were really flowing in this week and there was a lot to get to. I've enjoyed what you've written so far, and hope to read more of your stuff in the future. Once again, welcome!