The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Me

One more thing...since no one seems to show any desire to comment about this poem I wrote the other day, I will. I found reading this to be quite interesting...though at some points the author leaves me scratching my head about what he is truly trying to say. But in fact, this is the beauty in the piece. For in searching out a meaning to the words I have found that I connect with the author in a way I never thought possible. Splendid work!

*pats himself on the back*

^_^

Though I hide,

And dress my face as blank,

I do stare forth from these eyes

i think this is my favorite part of this. how very true this is, and how often do i find myself "dressing my face" - of not only as blank, always as something entirely else than who i am and what i really feel.

and it's so nice to be here where i don't have to.

wouldn't it be quite the eye-opener if everyone could paint the world as they see it, so others could share the experience?

and then again, we come together here and paint with words.

i like this. you made me think, and that's always a good thing. :)

"As I would like to share myself,

So that I would not be alone

It is not to be"

We are all of us alone. Even in a crowded place the nature of the human condition is that of physical seperation. We lost that sense of closeness after we left the womb.

You are at odds with the image to see in that mirror. Something that was once external perhaps has moved inside of you. Your work attracted me but your comments are angry and confused. "It is not to be" you wrote unless you allow it to be.

Give these good people here a chance to discover you and let them decided.

Where to begin? First off, I don't feel I was really discussing being physically alone in this writing. For me it was something deeper...being alone mentally, within society (if that makes any sense). Also, I don't believe this to be an angry piece at all...the overlying emotion I felt when writing this was longing. I do admit to being in a perpetual state of confusion, but I would not have it any other way. For in confusion one is more apt to observe and think things through more thoroughly than they would if they felt they knew what was going on. Also, I wasn't trying to express anything about what I saw in the mirror, I was not concerning myself with such things.

One of the things I love about writing, is that it can mean something different to every reader. It's not that anyone is wrong, simply that everyone sees things differently, and all our minds work in different manners. Hmm...possibly something I discussed in this poem? I'll leave that to you decided, I've already said too much. =)

Edited by Loki Wyrd

Finally I got my brain to register what I read here, (for some reason i have a hard time reading poems) and I love it. Simple, logical (to me) deeply philosophical. You wrote part of what I think of as the truth.

Will you stop writing what's in my mind! *laughs* Naw keep it going, it's funny to see loose thoughts/feelings in writing this clear.

Good luck and all that anyways ;)

PS: I too wanna be able to paint the pictures in my head.. ^_^ *sigh*

Edited by Appy

Loki, I think that you have talent as a writer, and your self-confidence over the matter is a bit confusing. I do believe that this poem you sent as an application is one which is worthy of admission. But speaking freely (you may dislike me for my comments, but this is a place of honesty), your attitude toward being part of a community is lacking. You may think that I am "stupid" or something for being blunt, but here we view the Pen, as a community. PLease stay, just realize that we feel for you as you show pain, and we are all here to help you. This isn't some "shrink" house or anyhting, but we like to bond with one another. Whether we know each member on a personal basis or not, we all have common traits that bring us a feeling of community and we all know that we are not alone here. I hope that you stay, and that this place can grow on you. I hope that you can make friends here. Please don;t consider yourself already rejected...that's not for anyone to decide except for Wyvvern and also...yourself. Know that you are welcomed here no matter what attitude you decide to project, but know that you are missing out on what all the members here have to offer.

Anyways, that is just some advice. Take it or leave it. PLease don;t hate me for my opinion...and know that just because I voice his. it is only my perspective and may not even be true.....

I don't think of you as stupid, and I always love to hear another person talk. My problem is sometimes I love to hear myself talk a little too much as well. I know I may be a little shocking, but you really have to know me to understand the things I say. I'm a very sarcastic individual, and I do joke around too much at times. You'll have to forgive me my faults, but I am what I am. Thank you for your comment, I appreciate you spending the time to speak your mind. :)

...i just think you like attention... prolly like an emotional drug to you...

oh well, to each their own vice to covet and make full from nothing...

revery

the dreamlost

"as we were speaking of the devil, you walked right in; wearing hubris like a medal you revel in...(aimee mann)"

the dream continues...

I have read several of your pieces and in general I enjoy them. Some do stand out more than other and sometimes I just pick one from a bunch to read. I would have rather seen something different for you application - not to say this is unworthy - I just think you have far more potential to put more thought in, though I do like the honesty here.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to read the rules of the banquet hall :P

You gotta understand Loki - there are a LOT of people in this community and for the sake of making sure that all get heard, read and replied to posts are limited to 1 new topic per day per person in that particular forum anyway. You can see the sense I'm sure.

A few words that raised my heckles...

1) I didn't think I was ever going to bother applying. I don't like the sound of Initiate. >>> then dont apply B)

2) You are being judged. >>> as are you by me as a person sitting on the other end of a pc and getting a taste for your attitude towards other peeps by your posts and comments (I ain't an elder - just another plebb voicing a slant hehe).

Stick around mate :wolf:

PS: ...this novel idea of a guild >>> pfff - someone thinks they are still playing archmage :woot:

I was wondering if anyone would comment about that posting twice in the period of a day. :) I know the rules, and was planning on waiting until the next day (it was 11 PM or so at the time) to make the thread. Unfortunately I got involved in something else, and forgot about waiting to post. My bad. :pinch:

About your points:

1) I was stoned at the time of applying, and while writing that poem...which also may explain why I chose to pick this piece for an application poem.

2) I'd be disappointed if it were any other way. :)

and the P.S....yeah, I'm a very delusional individual

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loki Wyrd sighs and nervously fidgets in his applicant easychair, anxious for the Elder of Initiates' arrival and tired from an extensive period of waiting. Grumbling to himself and briefly checking the time on an old grandfather clock that rested in the corner of the office, the applicant raises a brow as he notices how late it is. His observation is interrupted, however, as the sounds of a strange singing suddenly enters his ears:

"Hi ho

Hi ho

Wyv's always short on dough

And while he's out, we come about

Hi ho

Hi ho hi ho hi ho..."

Loki Wyrd stares in disbelief as a line of Elder Recruitment Dwarves energetically marches into the Office, each of the dwarves briefly bowing to the applicant before they surround his most recent application poem and begin chatting in a group hustle.

"I can't say I approve of this one..." starts Greedy, rubbing his scaly chin in a concerned manner. "He claims that money is superficial, and you know my opinions on money!"

"I strongly disagree." interrupts Bravery, snatching the application from the mini-lizard. "I think that the narrator is brave in airing his thoughts on the corruption of television and the media."

"Hmmmm..." murmers Shiny, looking over the poem several times. "Not too many shiny images in this... lotsa dark ones actually..."

Silly interjects by catching the attention of the other dwarves with a foot stomp and holding up a sign that reads "I liked it, since I could relate to the use of scrawling things on walls to communitcate!"

Sexy comments next by looking over the poem and murmering "Well, he does mention that he's special and a thing of beauty. Always a plus in my book."

Finally, the shadow of Loki Wyrd slowly shifts shapes and transforms into Shady the Elder Dwarf, who whispers: "These jumbled thoughts, emotions spent... formed together, to voice and vent... Show hatefull medias, lacking mirth... this applicant, has shown his worth."

With that, the Elder dwarves nod to one another and stamp Loki Wyrd's second application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: An ACCEPTED re-application Loki Wyrd... Welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I look forward to participating in community projects with you and reading over more of your writing, and hope you find us a warm and acceptant community.