once in a while

the tone in my laugh

or the glimmer of my smile

but you won't

you can't

you don't understand

you make me feel like there isn't anything

you make me feel like giving up

Sounds like a lot of unhealthy relationships. I think you wrote this about a parent right? I thought it was about a love relationship, but the tax deductable part came in and I realized parent-child.Ya know, and that's just it, children always seem attracted to people that treat them like their family did.

Sounds like a lot of unhealthy relationships. I think you wrote this about a parent right? I thought it was about a love relationship, but the tax deductable part came in and I realized parent-child.Ya know, and that's just it, children always seem attracted to people that treat them like their family did.

yes, it is about my family...i'm in a healthy relationship for once though :wizzie:

Marishka Lyn sighs as she lies back in her applicant easychair, glancing towards a grandfather clock located in the far corner of the room in order to check the time. The eager applicant had been waiting in the office for quite a while now, and though several kind Pen members had provided her with feedback and comments, she had yet to hear from the Recruiter himself... Suddenly, Marishka's thoughts are interrupted as a she hears a low chanting approaching the office from a hall nearby:

"Hi ho, hi ho

We dwarves have changed you know

Some old have passed, they've still got class

Hi ho... hi ho hi ho hi ho..."

Marishka quickly raises herself from her seat as the door to the office suddenly bursts open and six quirky-looking dwarves march in in a single file line. Each of the Elder dwarves greets and bows to Marishka Lyn before gathering around her application poem and discussing it amongst themselves.

As Bravery is the bravest of the dwarves, he is naturally the first to speak up:

"I admire the bravery of the narrator of this poem, as her moving on must have taken a great deal of courage... for this reason, I think that the application should be accepted!"

Greedy, who is standing right beside Bravery, rubs his scaly chin thoughtfully and hisses:

"I too can relate to the work... though personally, I sympathize with the antagonist of the piece. After all, anyone who can interpret the narrator's leaving as a reduction of their taxes can't be half bad!"

Shiny is next in the line of Elder dwarves, and reads over the poem thoroughly before exclaiming:

"Oooooo! She mentioned the "glimmer" of her smile! It's definitely acceptable in my book..."

After Shiny has finished admiring the piece, Sexy glances at it and murmers:

"Well... she's certainly open..."

Before Sexy can continue, Silly the orangutan Elder dwarf swings from the ceiling by his tail and snatches the application poem, reading it over a few times while hanging upside down before dropping back down to the ground. The Elder dwarf then pulls out a sign and scribbles something onto it before holding it up for all to see. The sign reads:

"I too like the poem, and can particularly relate to the concept of isolation being the only truly intelligent orangutan currently residing in the Pen."

Finally, Silly's shadow takes on a life of it's own to form Shady the Elder dwarf, who whispers:

"Of hurtful words, and fallen hopes... Her heart's desire, caught 'pon the ropes... Of emotions, often neglected... This application, shall be accepted."

With that, the Elder dwarves all nod to each other and stamp Marishka Lyn's application ACCEPTED.

;-)

OOC: A good poem and an ACCEPTED application, Marishka... welcome to the Mighty Pen! :) I hope you find us a warm and acceptant creative writing community, and I apologize for the confusion of posting this and accepting you again. ;p There was a slight database error which deleted my response in this thread and changed your status, but it should be corrected now. Once again, welcome! :)