The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

looking for advice on names

Gwaihir

I have a character who I want to name based on his being doomed to die. I would call him fey, but that's a bit too much like fay. I would most like to call him by a word that means doomed in another language. However, that means I have to find a word that not only means doomed, but can be made to sound like a good name. I mean, in Welsh doomed seems to be "melltigedig" which just isn't the best name.

So, I appeal to the wits and languages of the pen. Any advice?

From Japanese:

Fu'un (doom)

Sadame, Shukumei (destiny)

Shi (death)

Hametsu (ruin)

Judai (fateful)

Norowa or Wareteiru or Retieru (all shortened versions of norowareteiru, doomed/cursed)

Ikenie (sacrificial offering)

Gisei (sacrificial victim)

There are more we could find, I'm sure. :) I think Norowa and Ikenie are my personal favorites, but that's just me.

Good luck, Gwai!

Yours,

~Yui

Just give him a good strong name. If he's going to die anyway, let him stand tall as he strides to his eventual demise. Give him the kind of name suited to someone who'll give Death a kick in the teeth just as the scythe passes through him

No, I do not have any suggestions

*lol* Kiki DeBucket is indeed funny. Hum... Well if our friend gyr wants some imput... I'll sure give him some French words and let him to be the judge. (Note that I didn't put the accents intentionally)

Mort: Death

Sombre: Dark

Noir: Black

Destin: Destiny

Trepas: Death

Desespoir: Despair

Occir: To kill (rarely used thought)

Malediction: Curse

Damne: Damned

Hmm... Kiki Debucket is a good name, I think... Certainly better than Roger Mortis. But (perhaps this is simply because I've taken Japanese classes) I'd have leaned more toward Shi (or Shin) or Hametsu myself.

But what language are the names of other people from his area based on? His should probably be the same... Or at least it would appear that way to me.