The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Movie Reviews

Wyvern

I suppose it sounds like a morality tale from my review, but I would have to agree it is not, at least overtly. Still, it is heaping with tragedy brought on by the gunrunner's trade, from the opening sequence through to the last revelation, that eventually touches even the gunrunner himself, despite his endless rationalizations and justifications for what he does.

I would be very interested to hear you review it. ;)

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently watched "Capote" and "Thank You For Smoking," on DVD and in the theater respectively.

"Capote" was very good, with excellent acting on the part of Philip Seymour Hoffman in the main role and a pretty haunting storyline to boot. Witnessing the transformation that Truman Capote undergoes when interacting with the murderers at the heart of his novel In Cold Blood definitely stuck with me after watching it. It's a real downer, so not recommended for cheerful socials. I wouldn't say that the movie's amazing, but it's definitely a quality, thought-provoking flick if you're into that sort of thing.

"Thank You for Smoking" was a pretty fun comedy based around a spokesman for the tobacco industry, who defends the rights of people to smoke and makes some pretty good comments about the importance of having the freedom to choose. Despite the curse words and R-rating, this definitely struck me as more of a homely family flick, complete with token sophisticated little kid making wisecracks at every crucial moment. William H. Macy is great in the role of the stern environmentalist governer that he plays. There're some moments of predictable family-oriented cheese (as well as literal cheese), but it's worth a view if you're bored one Sunday afternoon and not strapped for cash.

On a side note, I rewatched "Donnie Darko" recently and it once again struck me as an excellent film. :) I can't help but to think of "The Matrix" when I consider "Donnie Darko"s position on the movie spectrum... a low budget B-movie that's garnered a cult following on the strength of its ideas and originality alone. Very highly recommended, if you haven't seen it.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched "The Aviator" and "The Leopard" recently, on wide-channel television and DVD respectively.

I had low expectations for "The Aviator," not only because it was one of those big budget Hollywood movies that stressed its aim at making an "end of the year" impression, but also because Leonardo Dicaprio played the lead role in it. I was actually very surprised at how enjoyable the movie was. It does flaunt its Hollywood-ness excessively, but it has its fair share of very enjoyable scenes, and Dicaprio is shockingly good in it. His best piece of acting, hands down. It plays out with a similar formula to "A Beautiful Mind," only with more comedy. Good film.

I had reasonable expectations for "The Leopard," since it's been hailed by many movie critics as an old classic, and is regarded as having one of the best set pieces in movie history. I have to say, I thought it was three hours (literally three hours) of moldy cheese. There are certain old classic films that have really stood the test of time and which still resonate well today (see: "Casablanca"), but this is definitely not one of them in my opinion. Sitting through this, I couldn't help but notice how badly it's aged, with corny dialogue and cliches that really drag it under. The bad American dubbing of the original Italian dialogue didn't help much, of course... Perhaps the most baffling bit about it is that it documents the life of a family of Italian aristocrats during the period of the unification of Italy, but no tragedy or significant event ever seems to befall them. Over the course of three hours, it's all political banter and ballroom dancing, and I felt like I was waiting for something more that never happened. If you like to watch dancing, I'd say get yourself some ballet tickets and leave this one alone.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a couple of movies over the last few weeks, and since I've paid my life savings (including selling a kidney) into the movie industry I thought I'd share my observations with you all.

Basic Instinct II

This was an interesting little piece that like many sequels drew mightily on the popularity and (indeed) the plot of the first in the series. It was a few weeks back now, so I'm viewing my memories of this film through the fuzzy cotton wool that we call everyday life, but I do recall being reasonably entertained by the ingenius plot woven by the main character to entrap and otherwise generally mindwarp the poor suckers around her. The progression, plot and ploys to avoid arrest (by the lead) were virtually identical to those of the first movie, it was just the settings, methods and people that altered. Having said that, if you enjoyed Basic Instinct and didn't see it so recently that it's fresh in your mind, go see the sequel. It's an entertaining bit of mindfluff.

V for Vendetta

I know there have been a number of comments about this movie already and I know they were pretty much negative but any movie that has The Wachowski Brothers on as writers of the screenplay and Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving on the credit list is one I need to formulate my own opinion on.

I have to be clear on one point here: There is no doubt in my mind that this movie was worth every cent I paid to see it.

Unlike many (it seems) I do not go to movies in order to bathe my mind in political commentary. Nor do I go along hoping for a revelation on the nature of mankind and come away with a statement on the politics that exist in the fantasy world I get transported to for 2 hours or so. No!

I go to movies to be entertained. Explosions, guns, knives, bullet time (in combination with the knives no less!), Natalie Portman looking as cute as ever, Hugo Weaving - or more importantly in this case - his voice and body language, The Wachowski Brothers and their ability to make a watchers heart leap and say "Oh my gods" even when you knew that what has just occured on screen was coming, did I mention the explosions and the bullet-time knives?

This was slightly over 2 hours of my life that I'm not only happy to have given away, but I'll be getting the DVD so I can do so again. If I'm not the only one out there who can just watch a movie without analyzing it to death. If I'm not the only one out there who enjoyed The Matrix. If you're reading this and thinking to yourself "Hey, that sounds like my kind of movie!"

Go out and watch it, or hire it from the DVD store if it's gone from your local cinema. I loved it, you might too.

• 1 month later...

I watched two films recently.

Went to the cinema on Wednesday night and watched the Da Vinci Code. I had previously heard that most of the hype about the movie was just hype and that it wasn't as good as people had expected, and this is what I had also found. The film was a good movie, but sucked at being a book adaptation, making too many deviations from the original plot of the book to be able to be considered a faithful adaptation of it (much like certain scenes in the Two Towers or the Return of the King, which make changes to important scenes of the plot). The acting was ok, especially that done by Ian McKellen and Audrey Tatou. While Tom Hanks did an ok job as Robert Langdon, he was nothing exceptional.

If you liked the book then go and see the film, but don't expect it to be a very close adaptation.

And tonight I saw Sin City. I had not read the original stories, but still found the film very enjoyable and definitely worth watching. The film has quite a cast and not one of them disappoints. This film definitely deserves it's 60th place in the IMDB top 250. I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't shun back from a film having a bit of blood and violence in it.

Hmmmmmm

I saw X-Men 3 tonight and...yeah...

Okay maybe this will work best if I explain my opinions on the other two. I really disliked the first one for various reasons but I found the second to be entertaining enough. The trailer for this one looked awesome so I was pretty much sold.

X-Men 3 was okay I guess. Kinda inbetween the first two. For random action it's highly enjoyable and for the most part the effects are top notch (except fot anything associated with Angel. His wings sucked - but maybe I only noticed it cos of my classes *shrugs*).

My biggest peeve with it is that it started out promising not to pull any punches...and then chickened out at the last minute. I won't go into details to avoid spoilers but yeah...

So I guess what I'm trying to say is my opinion about this film is...I have no opinion beyond 'meh'. It was entertaining, and I don't regret paying the money to go see it (okay okay, Gryph paid. And I don't regret that either :P) - I won't be getting the DVD.

(BTW - Where the frig was Nightcrawler? Vacation?!)

I've been thinking, to avoid the possibility of death by a lucky shot from someone he didn't see right away, Magneto should invest in some serious armour. No matter how much metal the guy wears it's not going to slow him down.

He ought to be wearing a couple thousand pounds of steel. It'd be like some huge power armour, except there's no machinery involved, he just uses his power to control it as intuitively as he would his own body. It wouldn't be very hard for him to make it either, and he could probably do something to the metal at the atomic level to make it able to stand up to more punishment than normal.

Or he could just gut a sentinel and wear that, all vaguely creepy-like.

because X3 had a different director than the first two, i found the change very obvious in the way the actors were directed, so while all the new characters seemed pretty cool, the old ones from the other movies seemed different and fake. i think they really lost something when they lost their director, but it will work out better in the long run for everyone, he went on to do Superman returns

I went out to the theatre today and saw Spike Lee's latest film, "The Inside Man."

My expectations for this film were high after reading several positive reviews of it, and I must say that it didn't disappoint in the least. The film details a brilliantly planned bank robbery, and is full of exciting plot twists that really keep you engaged as it progresses. I won't spoil any of the movie here, but the it keeps you guessing throughout and still ends up surprising you in the end. The film is also full of social commentary in a typical Spike Lee fashion, but it doesn't get in the way of the fast-paced plot and exciting progression of events. The script is superb, and the dialogue is full of enough wit and style to catch you off-guard. The acting is also excellent, with Denzel Washington (the hostage negotiator), Jodie Foster (the too-chirpy-for-her-own-good real estate agent), Christopher Plummer (head of the bank branch), and William Dafoe (coordinating police officer) all delivering Grade-A performances. I'd rank this film on par with "25th Hour," which was my favorite Spike Lee movie. Even people who don't generally check for Spike Lee's films and simply want an intriguing detective-type crime movie should be thrilled by this. A must-see!

I too saw Sin City last night. Great movie, a little over-the-top with the graphic volience, but then again you sort expect that from it being based on a graphic novel. The blood looks really fake though, since it made to look comic book like. Toby Macguires role is especially twisted and gruesome. I think the different heros of the three vignettes were superb though. I think I like Dwight's story the best, even though his story is the shortest.

Also saw FF7: Advent Children which brought back a decent amount of nostalgia for me, and some closure too, because I never managed to beat it. I could get to the last boss, but never could figure out how to beat him, and I refused to consult cheat books, so I failed. I liked the DVD's reminisce section, where it takes you through all the major movies of the old game. The Real Movie was good too. The charactors were done very well done I thought, Yiffa and Vincent were great. I just wish the movie was little longer. Oh and also I like how they tied the Movie to the game and back to the Prequell FF movie that recieved wide release a few years back.

X-men III. Eh, it was okay. I liked Wolverine being Wolvernin, and Kitty Pride (the comic book charactor) has always been a fave, so I'm glad her character actually got some decent screen time. Pyro's preformance was cool too, but I thought the Movie committed a major sin and killing off too many prominent charactors. Yeah, I know people die in comics all the time and come back, but I think the movie was a little overkill with this. I did not like the direction Partick Stewart characters went in... He was confused and lost in this one. Very uncharactoristic of Dr. X.

All that aside, it's still a good action movie, so if you're into that sort thing, go out and watch it.

Poseidon

I thought the pace of the film is way too fast. Not a bad movie, as far as remakes go, they just rushed it.

It's worth a look though.

Edited by reverie

Da Vinci Code:

I was one of the people that saw the movie then read the book. The movie I thought was very well done. Explaining things that needed explaining, and not saying too much when things didn't need to be said.

After reading the book, I found that the changes that were made for the movie were effective, and didn't detract from the story at all. I found that the book had details that didn't pertain to the story, it was more for historical significance.

I actually found the ending of the movie better then the book. Makes more sense in protecting the sole heir if there is only one, ne? Maybe that's just the logical part of me.

X Men III:

I was totally hyped to see this movie, and actually disappointed. It was entertaining enough, but I guess I expected more since it is supposed to be the final movie. You can definetly tell that there is a different director. Overall, I'm actually telling friends that if they are set on seeing the movie in a theater, to go to a discount theater. Not worth the 12 and change that is charged in most of the theaters around.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently saw Mel Brooks' "History of the World part 1" and David Cronenberg's "A History of Violence," both on DVD.

Mel Brooks' "History of the World" was laugh out loud funny in typical Mel Brooks fashion, and has definitely stood the test of time from its original 1981 release date. It covers everything from the prehistoric era to the French Revolution with Brooks' amazing comic wit. Standout moments to me include the prehistoric conceptions of marriage, music and art (I'm a distant descendent of the first art critic!), the last supper parody, and the King in the French Revolution skit. The whole film was pure comedy, though, and once again shows how great Mel Brooks is as an actor and director.

Cronenberg's more recent "A History of Violence" was a sharp 180 degree turn from Mel Brooks' classic, and ranks as one of the tensest films I've seen in recent years. Cronenberg reminds me of David Lynch in the manner that he portrays acts of violence as brutal and grotesque... something to flinch away from rather than to watch in awe. The tension that this film weaves is truly intense, and there wasn't one moment where I didn't have the sense that something awful was going to happen. The acting and directing were both very good, and the storyline was also very well-done and original. A very good movie, but definitely a morbid thriller and not something that'll relax your nerves.

Sarah Silverman's Jesus is Magic

The 'good girl' from the Aristocrats has her own movie featuring her stand-up comedy act plus a few musical interludes / vignettes.

I really wanted to like this movie, but her act just wasn't funny to me. Her Shtik is that she's a cute young thing of middle-class jewish-american roots that says the most appalling things about race, sex, and well everything.

I guess she was going for a kinder and gentler version of Andrew Dice Clay circa the 80's. Utimately though, her tongue-in-cheek jokes (and they are clearly meant to be jokes) are all shock and no substance. And honestly, the shock wears off after the first five minutes.

Silverman makes the fatal comedic error of not establishing a true premise for her rapid sucession of taboo explenatives. Her over-the-top jokes probably play well individually within small circles and even at parties where the premise of 'who' she is is already established in her circle. But in the larger arena of film and stage, you must set the scene for each and every bit or you're just telling a string of glorified 'knock-knock' jokes.

And you know something, she is also film actress, so you'd think that she would know this already.

So, though I loved her stand out preformance in the comedic 'dirty joke' documentary The Aristocrates, I recommend that you pass on her Jesus film.

Edited by reverie

Volver - I watched this film by Almodovar in the cinema with friends recently. It recounts the life of a family having many problems because of the death of a mother. Not much happens in the film actionwise, but the acting is good and if you're looking for a good drama, then this film might be for you.

Dune, Dune and Children of Dune - Some years back David Lynch made a Dune film and recently the sci-fi channel has made two mini-series: Dune and Children of Dune. Of these three, there are two I recommend strongly and one which in my opinion shouldn't be approached closer than a mile.

David Lynch's version, while it might have had good special effects for its time looks really ridiculous nowadays. The film is four hours long and, even for a Dune fan like me, it was almost torture to have to watch it until the end. Major changes are made when compared with the book and to me the acting didn't really come together.

The Dune and Children of Dune miniseries (each have 3 parts and are about 4 hours long) are much better in my opinion. The special effects were awardwinning and are much more believable than the ones in the Lynch-adaptation, actors are really top-notch and they stay quite close to the original books even. These two I can recommend heartily. ^_^

An Inconvinent Truth

Al Gore's movie about global warming is simply terrifying. It is a very engaging film and despite my intial reservations, I was not once bored with the former vice-presidents straight forward delivery of the facts.

It's running in limited release, so if it's playing in your area, I highly recommend you go see it. Politcs be damned.

http://climatecrisis.org/

rev...

• 2 weeks later...

I recently saw "Syriana" on DVD and "Click" in the theatres.

"Syriana" is a very complex and well thought out film... one that I actually ended up watching twice in order to pick up on all the intricate storylines and character relations that it establishes. It's directed by Stephen Gaghan, who did the film "Traffic," and uses a similar broken form of narration that focusses on the lives of several characters instead of just one. Gaghan characterizes the various figures in the film excellently, with plenty of realistic detail and dialogue. He also delivers a strong message about terrorism, and the various forms that it can take. The all-star cast list certainly doesn't hurt the film either, with George Clooney, Matt Damon, Christopher Plumber, Jeffrey Wright, and Chris Cooper all participating as characters. I wouldn't call the film mind-blowing, but it's definitely worth seeing and thinking about.

"Click" is the latest Adam Sandler flick, and frankly, it doesn't click. I normally avoid films produced by Adam Sandler and starring Adam Sandler, but I'd read several reviews touting this as one of the strongest films of '06 so far and decided to give it a shot. To the film's merit, the concept behind it is fairly original and results in a couple of clever ideas. The story revolves around Adam Sandler's overworked character coming across a universal remote control at "Bed, Bath and Beyond" (*cue cash register noise*) that can control his life. He gets the option of fastforwarding through bits, adjusting color and volume, and even using a commentary feature. Unfortunately, the humor in this film remains strictly Adam Sandler... Dogs humping stuffed ducks, people farting in each others faces, and plenty of good ol' fashioned "I need to go to the bathroom" situations. I think that if the idea of this film had been tackled by a good director and some funny actors, it might have made a really great comedy. As it stands, this is just another crappy Adam Sandler movie.

I might have to check out "An Inconvenient Truth" on your recommendation, reverie. My fear in seeing it would be Al Gore's narration of it, but if it kept you engaged that's probably a very good sign.

Superman Returns

Good movie, especially so if you were a fan of the 1980's series. This film picks up 5 years or so after the last film and keeps the spirit of the series alive. Christopher Reeve would be proud. I think I should warn you it has a very heavy sober tone though. This is far from an irreverent film, so I'm not sure how well it will do at the box office. Katy Bales does a decent Lois Lane, but she can't quite capture the no nonsense the edge that Margot Kidder gave the role, but then again that might be a reflection of Lois Lane now being a mother and all but married to someone. Still I think she gave a great performance. Kevin Spacey did a good job as Luther too.

rev...

Hmm, what movies have I recently seen? (DVD means I rented it)

Over the Hedge

Last movie seen in theaters, me and my sister were severely bored. It was interesting, but incredibly predictable. Funny family movie, but it's just like all the others, mostly existing to make money, and the animation wasn't great in comparison to other movies.

Xmen III

I thought it was good for a movie, but compared to the story that is Xmen, it was terrible. There's very little character development, and a lot of pointless action/killing. There's a part where Wolvereine was running about and bloodlessly stabbing people, which was incredibly unrealistic when you think about it.

The Da Vinci Code

Boring, not bad, but I thought it was stupid. I don't find the premise to be all that controversal, and it's rather uninteresting. I'm sure the book is better, though I haven't taken the time to read it, maybe I should.

Night Watch

One of my most favorite movies in existence. I saw it a few months ago in theaters, and soon baught the british DVD because it hadn't been released in America. If you see it, don't watch it dubbed, the subtitles are much better. It can be confusing the first time you see it, so if you like it then I suggest you watch it again. I've looked up a lot on it, and preordered the book which should arrive at the end of July. The second movie is due for the beginning of 2007, as well as the second book, though both have already been released in Russia. Good movie, a very cliche premise, but I think the concepts and the way the story is portrayed makes up for it.

Ultra Violet (DVD)

More like "Ultra Violent Ultra Crap" sans blood. Seriously, this movie was part sentimental story, part interesting cinamotography, part slaughter-fest (with not a single drop of blood, even though she is using a sword), and at no point did I feel sad for the characters, or intruiged at what the hell was supposed to be happening. The story is short, and most of the movie is encompassed by action or long drawn-out silence. It was interesting enough to keep watching, but I did feel like leaving the room a few times.

Blood Rayne (DVD)

Don't bother. Worst movie ever made. The dialogue made me laugh, and I was surprised that Michelle Rodriguez was even in it. She was wonderful in Lost, Blue Crush, and not bad in Resident Evil, but she just completely scarred her résumé by involving herself with this movie. The action was so gorey and inappropriate that it was almost humerous, and the dialogue was so dreadful that I had to finish watching it just so I could see how much worse it could get. The ending was a joke, and made no sense at all (basically recapping all the violence that occured in the movie).

Scary Movie 4

It was funny, but I have a sadistic sense of humor. Not much to say, it's much like its predacesors. I liked 1 and 3, I didn't see 2. This one actually has good special effects, which enhances it some, and has a few genuine jokes that aren't just people getting hit over the head or thrown down stairs.

Ice Age 2: The Melt Down

I saw this with friends, and it was entertaining. The humor was so inappropriate at some points that I wondered why they made it for children. There were some funny parts, but I hated how incredibly unrealistic the whole thing was. I understand that animated movies do get some liscence to stretch reality, but there were some really stupid things happening that were so impossible that it pissed me off beyond belief. If it's going to talk about the ice age, it should remain somewhat true to events and how the world works.

Movies that I hope to see in theaters:

Superman (seeing it tomorrow), Lady in the Water, Pirates of the Carribean 2, A Scanner Darkly (when is that coming out anyways?), Fearless (Jet Li's last martial arts film).

Movies I'd prefer to (and probably will) see on DVD:

Clerks 2, The Omen, A Prarie Home Companian, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, Monster House, The Devil Wears Prada.

Hmm, I watch just about everything that's popular, including television shows. I could do a review on some of the more popular shows I watch (Lost, Battlestar Galactica, The 4400, Surface (until it was cancelled, and I'll probably watch Heroes when it takes its place), Six Feet Under (until it ended), Doctor Who, Dead Like Me (until it was cancelled), and most of the good sitcoms that can be viewed on basic cable) but that would be a lot. I'd probably die if I had digital cable, which is why my parents refuse to get it. It sounds like I watch a lot, but somehow I'm able to write, read, do art, and get all my homework done. Heh, well that's enough about me.

Edited by srsizzy

If you're talking about the remake of The Omen, avoid it like the plague!!!

The original is all about class but the remake...*shudder*

*coughs*

Anyway a move I'd like to review:

The Last Horror Movie

I hired this film the other week with Gryph, Crypt and Phoenix and I have to say it is one of the best movies I have seen of late. The premise is that Max, a charming british photographer has taped over the film we have hired with a film of his own. A documentary, if you will, about killing people. The twist is, he isn't staging the killings, they are real.

I'm trying to make an intelligent film about murder, whilst actually doing the murders. – Max

While we follow Max and his assistant throughout everything from the normal daily tasks to the less normal, he provides us with an engaging commentary about what he is doing, why he is doing it, and even asks us a range of questions that actually make us think.

While it is technically a horror, and thus probably won't be enjoyed by all, I still recommend that you get some friends and a pizza over, hire this movie and watch it.

Good times :D

Kung Fu Hussle

If I learned anything from Crotching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Amelie it's watch it with the subtitles on. You can't beat the emotion of the orginal language. I found the movie amusing and surreal. It's just fun. If you like silly, but intense fighting movies that is. The hero's change from zero to um...hero, seemed a little too sudden though. Other than that I thought I was a great ride for a martial arts movie.

Domino

"Based on a True Story...Sort of." The opening credits proudly proclaim. Hmm, what made this movie was the editing and good timing. The story itself is complicated and well, insane. But a good director can save anything. Plus seeing some of the former cast of the popular '90 sitcom: 90210 get their noses broken is more than worth the rental price. The acting was fairly good too, and Domino was jewel to look at. Overall an intense action movie where the girl takes the lead. Not bad, I'd recommend it. Oh but it's a little gory in places for those with weak stomachs.

Edited by reverie

Superman Returns

Well, I don't want to say much to give it away. It was pretty darn good, but it wasn't your average superhero movie, seeing as the villain is just a man with no hair. It was reminiscent of King Kong, they tried to give it a feel of an older movie even though there were fax machines, laptops, and cellphones. There were some lame parts, and unrealistic parts (once again, when I say unrealistic, I mean impossible). There were a lot of funny parts that made me chuckle, and despite the seriousness of the situations they tried to keep it lighthearted, somewhat Star Wars-esque with C3-P0 and R2-D2. All in all it was mediocre, and I think the Spiderman movies are the best superhero movies of them all.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (DVD)

A very, very good comedy. I suggest seeing it. It's pretty serious, I mean, it's a dark comedy somewhat. There's not much to say for it, but I thought it was a really well done movie, and it's not cheesy comedy like a lot of the thingswe see today.

Movies I just rented today: Date Movie, Libertine, The Matador.

Here's something interesting: I have 25 movie tickets since 2002. I know I've seen more movies, I just haven't kept all the tickets, or I lost some. I'm trying harder to keep them all now. I'm kind of sad because I haven't kept any series of them (The Matrix, The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, X-Men, Spiderman (though I've seen all of these in theaters)), but I guess I will for the Chronicles of Narnia. Here's the list, in small text so it isn't obtrusive:

Superman (2006)

Over the Hedge (2006)

X-Men 3 (2006)

The Da vinci Code (2006)

NightWatch (2006)

Scarey Movie 3 (2006)

Ice Age 2: The Meltdown (2006)

King Kong (2005)

Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (2005)

Rent (2005)

Mirrormask (2005)

Serenity (2005)

Corpse Bride (2005)

Batman Begins (2005)

Phantom of the Opera (2005)

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004)

50 First Dates (2004)

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003)

Matrix Revolutions (2003)

School of Rock (2003)

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (2003)

The Hulk (2003)

The Matrix Reloaded (2003)

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)

Scooby-Doo (2002)

[EDIT]

The Matador (DVD)

A very interesting dark comedy. It was funny, but there were a lot of weird parts. It's kind of predictable, but I really like the movie. The premise was deffinately good. In my opinion it was a really good meeting.

Date Movie (DVD)

Just like all the Scarey Movies, but not as good. They didn't have much material to work with, and half the movie is lines and characters completely taken from other movies, and not really changed enough to be funny. There were some funny parts, but the movie wasn't that great.

Edited by srsizzy