The worst punishment,

Shards flying through you,

Limping through a life,

Hiding these secrets,

Confusing yourself,

Portals to new worlds,

Breathing in the truth,

My eyes are opened..!

Another experiment in syllable structure.

This one, I think, didn't turn out as well.

On a positive note, I think I'm over my writers block! At least partly. YAY!

Vlad.. I lost my sense of thought cause I got wrapped up in a conversation with Gyrfalcon, so if this doesnt make sense.. BLAME HIM! :D

-Anywho. What i was going to mention was that I hate the fact of not knowing which way my life is going and not havning control.. I like to think I determine my fate, and well hope that I do. But, i like what you where doing with the poem. I dont know if it was meant this way but.

Without direction,

Not knowing yourself,

The worst punishment,

Shards flying through you,

Limping through a life,

Hiding these secrets,

Confusing yourself,

I see a little *theme* or kinda well numeric order.. 2-3-3-4-3-3-2.. Anywho. i think thats pretty cool. It flows well and I think it adds more to the poem! WAIT! EDIT! I just knowticed, the opening stanza and closing stanza both have 3 lines with four words.. Is that meant to be Vlad?

Interesting.

I find that if I can impose structure on my life, make some things routine, it frees me to go higher and further in other areas.

You've got the five syllables in each line. Now's the time to read it outloud. look for hard and soft syllables and try to balance them.

You might also try varying off the 5 all the way through.

• 4 weeks later...

Limping through a life,

Hiding these secrets,

Confusing yourself,

Those are 3 very very powerful lines. Limping through life, hiding the secrets (or the wounds) and confusing yourself. I really like "limping through a life"

I like the structure and overall feeling of the short bursts of lines. It almost reminds me of someone looking in a mirror or standing in the dark and proclaiming thoughts about themselves to anyone who will listen... with little concern for whether the other people in the room or not understand what they mean.