The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Character Sketching

Rune

Do any of you have some sort of mental picture of your character that you've managed to get out on paper? or a character that their image is sort of mirrored from?

Rune's image is mirrored from Raven from d101, but ive expanded on her persona a bit to give her a different personality. Figured I would try and produce what I considered an older, more mature version of her, as it plays out in her life story later on. If anyone else has an image and wants to share, feel free to reply. Some may prefer to keep it a secret, letting their descriptive images form a picture of the char in the readers mind. Others like to use images to help enhance their descriptions. Just a matter of preference.

Anywho, here is concept art. This was drawn in Photoshop with a mouse, so there are some erorrs but none the less it seems to project her as I saw. Since Rune is a part of me, this image reflects how I feel at the moment and it provides a bit of foreshadowing on events to come.

Posted Image

That's really much better than anything I could do. I can only stand back and admire.

On the other hand, as Rune plays and grows here at the Pen - I hope we can put a smirk on her face and a twinkle in her eyes.

When I look at that picture, I think she looks a little sad, which causes me to want to pick her up and huggle her.

Of course, she might've just accidently spilled a soda on my pants, and be looking like that to melt my heart. ;)

That's very nicely done, Rune, and definitely reminiscent of the artist's style in Demonology 101. :) Lovely job!

I have probably a rather large number of character sketches, both my own various different characters and a few requests I've sketched for others in the past. Strangely enough, my Yui-chan sketch is the one that I've just about finished up. It's a portrait of how she looked a few years ago, when she wore her hair short, and a three-year-old sketch, but it gives one the right general idea. Nowadays, her hair is much longer...

Windblown Yui

Enjoy! ^_^

~Yui

PS: If you're trying to guess, yes... the sketch is also the source for my avatar. :P

Edited by Yui-chan

Guest White Rose Oujisama

*smiles* Aw, that's a great piccy Rune...I really like her expression, it's nice to see that you use all the capable features of the face to express how she feels. It really gives it depth, and it's like you can relate to the picture somehow....the eyebrows, mouth, eyes, head tilt, and the coloring really comes off as impressive in my book. ^_^ Splendid job.

...*ponders*...I do wonder how Ouji-Sama would look however...I picture white clothing, and somewhat regal attire...not sure exactly...or perhaps something straight out of utena! B) huhuhuhuhuhu...^_~

Well, like I said in that photo album thread, the majority of my characters resemble me physically, in one way or another. Although, for Roxxia, it may help anime fans to picture sailor Jupiter (yeah, I watched sailor moon, problem? :P ) except in ranger attire. Something like that, anyways. Oh, and that'd mean imagining Rocoss as a male version, with a different hairstyle, of course. Popku is a moogle, so it isn't too hard to imagine for anyone who's played a Final Fantasy game (*cough*6*cough*) and Toilet Duck isn't any different since he was on TV. As for the rest, well, a picture would be necessary of myself...

~shruggies~

I am frustrated trying to create my image!

I first tried to use paint shop to "clothe" a figure I found... and hated it.

Then I even (with Nyyark's help) sketched one out....and I hate it.

I found a picture from Amy Brown the artist off of google search, and I liked it a little, it encorporated some of the ideas I wanted. I cannot draw figures and I am really frustrated. Would someone help me, ormaybe do it fo me...lol...well if anyone feels sorry for me, please give me some adviseor Personal Message me. I am getting impatient trying to create and avitar or signature. Thank you.

Crowgirl and others,

I'm always looking for new ideas, new things to sketch, challenges to give to my limited art skills. If you're interested, I'll open myself up to doing character sketches for any Pen members who'd like. The warning, though, that goes along with this is that you won't be able to expect the image tomorrow or next week. I don't have as much time as I'd like for my art, so I have to do it on a 'you'll get it when it's done :P' basis.

This goes for anyone who's got the image in their head and would like to see it put on um... paper or digital paper. :P I'll do character sketches for those that want them. PM me as much information as you have about how you want your person to look!

~Yui

Edited by Yui-chan

I have an older (last year) drawing of my character, (check it out at this place,) Since tehn, I have become better at it, and maybe next week I'll have a new picture of him. And , for whoever it may concern, if you would like for me to draw a pic of your character for you (because mspaint is horrible), e-mail me, and then wait a week. Peace out.

B)

I am bad. I am good. I am balance.

I steal. I beg. I 'borrow'...

I cannot draw to any level of competence, though I've been told I'm a dab-hand with a pen ;)

Therefore my image is a 'modified' image of Elric, the last emperor of Melniboné, ruler of the dreaming city and keeper of the ruby throne (as drawn by Michael Whelan).

Posted Image

Full credit to all the wonderfully talented people out there who create original works of such magnificence.

It's not precisely what I wanted - you have no idea how hard these things are to draw! But this one is close enough I suppose.

A purple-fuzzy thing fuzzing:

Posted Image

That's right, you've been replaced! :Fuzzy: Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

*The :Fuzzy: starts crying in an infinately sad manner and Canid immediately stops laughing and cuddles it.*