The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Salmon Experiment

reverie

*Note* this post is on no importance, I just thought I’d share.

Hey, everyone...As some you know... I'm currently living in my own apartment now. (go me...) Anyways, it comes with a kitchen. And I just ran like 7 miles. So pretty, much, I’m famished. Need to eat. But need to eat healthy, or at least in the spirit of eating Healthy.

Ah, okay, so I have these Salmon filets in the in Fridge, with a recipe for something called 'Atlantic salmon Piccata.' That should do.

1/2 Cup water

2 tsp. lemon juice

1/8 tsp. chicken broth granules

2 Atlantic salmon Filets thawed

1 Tbsp. butter

1 Tbsp. Caper.

Black pepper

And Parsley to taste.

Anyway, as I start going through my cupboard looking for the ingredients, I realize I’m missing a few things. No lemon juice, no cappers, no chicken broth, and no butter. Oh well, I worked a little as a short order in cook in the past, and if I learned anything from that experience, is that you compensate for almost anything. Lemon juice shouldn't be too hard, just need something slightly acidic. I was disappointed about the Chicken broth, but one birds probably as good as another. I cut down on eating butter, so that's no big deal. Oh, but I'm not really sure what Cappers are, so I guess I'll just make up for it by over-compensating.

Substitute preserved Jar Artichoke Hearts juice for Lemon Juice.

Substitute Pam and Butter buds for butter.

Substitute Turkey gravy mix for Chicken Broth.

Cappers? Hmm... Oh what the Hell

Substitute Artichokes, paprika, red wine,

and garlic paste for cappers.

Right about now I'm watching the Filets simmer. Not sure how it's gonna taste, but who knows, I might on to something. That or sick to my stomach later... Well wish me luck... :yuiconfused:

revery

the dreamlost

"i'm only slighty out of focus"

the dream continues...

hmm, ya know... actually came out pretty well... Recipe said to put it over noodles... but i put it over salad instead... Kinda over did it on the artichoke hearts, but hey, it's was good... Turns out it's 'capers' not 'cappers'... though still not sure what that is... Sorry vlad... no cabbages... lots of lettuce though... Sigh, but what i really want is a big stack of pancakes... oh well, back to being pseudo-healthy...

rev...

Edited by reverie

i have no idea what Orlan just said... but pizzaaa.. yum... no pizza for rev though... argh. I miss bread.

Pakistan food pretty decent... a little on the spicy side... but hey my ancestor's are from Thailand... so bring on the heat... hahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!

revery

the dreamlost

"capers?"

the dream continues...

"Hey yous, pssst..."

Rev looks around for the source of the whispering voice, leading to a dark corner of the forum.

"Yeah, yous."

Rev points to himself wordlessly, then looks around. No one else is around.

"Yes, yous! C'mere."

Rev slowly walks toward the shadowy corner. He can just make out a thin dark shape crouching low.

"I heard yous was lookin' for a caper. Dat true?" said the voice without introduction.

"Err, yeah, I was looking for some capers... Is that a trench coat... And a fedora?" Reverie squinted into the darkness, but just couldn't quite seperate the shadows.

"Let's not worry about the fashion statement... I got a caper for ya - Here!"

Rev "Oofs" as a heavy newspaper wrapped bundle is shoved in his arms.

"Take it! Take it and run for your life! Men have died for it - killed for it! Don't let them catch you or your life ain't worth a plugged geld - NOW RUN!"

Reverie arose in a panic, sprinting for the door. Behind him was a gunshot, and Rev was able to turn around just in time to catch a shadow tumbling to the ground out of the corner of his eye. Thinking fast, he rolled to the left behind the credenza just as all hell broke loose. Guns roared, several this time, the credenza showering him with woodchips as it gave it's all.

Still tucked in his diving roll, Rev bounded to his feet and hurtled through the window, the heavy curtains protecting him from the crashing glass and the sharp branches of the thick hedge below. Quickly regaining his feet he ran into the rainy night.

Guns popped behind him, but it was too dark, and he was too fast. He didn't look back, just kept running. At first he routed all the usual suspects, but with no luck. He hopped from city to city, then from country to country, endlessly searching, endlessly pursued. He knew one day they would catch up to him - but not if he could get scarface first. It was a race to the finish - the final finish.

But through it all he knew he could never forget the shadow who had started it all, the one who had given his life for the thread, and had first introduced him to - The Maltese Caper.

:P