The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

For Heaven's sake, man...

OzymandiasT

Viewer

(7/17/01 5:42:19 pm)

Reply For Heaven's sake, man...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...help me! I need you to contact Peredhil at once! The magics of an elven ancient are my only hope hope for escape!", bellows the wild-eyed old man who bursts into Wyvern's office. That shade of blue of the robes...that style of beard...that impossibly bronze tan under the wan, pale Terran sun...

Wyvern's mind whirls for a moment before he blurts out, dumbfounded, "Ozymandias?"

"Yes, Damn it, YES! Contact him! HURRY! I may not-URGK!" His fevered cry is cut short as two impossibly long arms with inhumanly corded muscles reach out of the air itself behind the stricken mage, clasp themselves about his head and neck, pull, and vanish with the old mage in an eyeblink.

Gaping in astonishment at what just happened before him, Wyvern's staring eyes spot a piece of parchment floating gently to the floor. Regaining his senses at last, Wyvern vaults his desk (no mean feat for any Wyvern) and snatches the paper out of the air even as he sprints for the door.

It reads:

Dear Fellows,

It's "THAN the Sword". All of the signs

say "THEN". Mr. Satan's bones, we're

the grammarians of Terra! Who did that?

~Ozymandias~

(as begun in RE: Do we keep this Site? )

--------------------------------

NEW POST

Archive Note The original post was made by someone who was not registered, so it messed up in the parse. I have included it above. Zool's post continues here.

Zool47

Elder

(7/17/01 7:12:56 pm)

Reply Re: For Heaven's sake, man...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A television crew chases after a man with a microphone who is running into the recruiting building. The man speaks into the microphone as he looks over his shoulder at the camera.

"This is Bob Uppendown reporting live from the TPiMttS recruiter's office, where it has been reported that only a short while ago there was an Ozymandias sighting. We are going in now to collect the details."

Inside was total chaos. Throngs of Ozymandias fans strained the barricades that kept them back from Wyvern's office. The glass to his office was shattered, and the furniture was thrown haphazardly around. It looked like a tornado had hit.

Just outside of his office a paramedic crew was attending to an almost dragonic figure on a stretcher. Gurads held back the mob so they could work.

Bob Uppendown and his cameraman muscled through the crowd to the line, and gained entry by their press badges.

"Wyvern," said Bob as he stuck the microphone in his face, "Is it true that the visage of Ozymandias was seen in this very office?"

"Groooan..." Groaned Wyvern.

"Get away boys, the crowd is about to get out of control again, better get out while you can," said one of the EMTs to Bob and his cameraman.

"He witnessed Ozymandias!! I must touch him!!" The voice came from somewhere in the middle of the mob - other voices echoed the sentiment. Looking into the crowd, blue robes were everywhere. The police line strained further.

"Wyvern, my producer is willing to pay HANDSOMELY for exclusive rights to your story!" shouted Bob as he was being led away.

Wyvern's eyes popped open, and he leaped out of the stretcher, bandages popping. "Wait! I got a statement to make!"

Bob grinned, and the EMT reluctantly let him go back to Wyvern.

"Roll 'em," said Bob to the cameraman. "Ladies and gentlemen, of course it is easy to imagine the hysteria here tonight as the revered and fabled Ozymandias has been sighted here at this very spot..."

Just then some exuberant 'Ozymandites' piled between two guards, resulting in a flood of followers barreling down on Wyvern, the news crew, and the small knot of EMTs. Everyone took off running.

"So-what-did-he-say?" huffed Bob into the microphone and jostling camera as they ran.

"That's-really-gonna-cost-you," replied Wyvern as he ran beside them, the screaming mob close behind.

~Zool~

Elder of Elders, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

Edited by: Zool47 at: 7/17/01 7:18:16 pm

Peredhil saunters into the rubble of the Recruiter's Office followed by his sons and Body Guards.

Elladan and Elhohir begin straightening furnature and pictures as Guido and Nuncio grab brooms.

Peredhil strides up to the wall behind the desk and pulls his Pen from an inner pocket (Guaranteed to write on any surface!).

Dearest Founder, he writes on the wall,

The egroup site has been left behind

Myfamily is gone over,

ThePenisMightier ThenTheSword

Was deemed simply crude.

This Mighty Pen-Site is the one and only,

You've found it now - with 'than'

Permit me to break the hairy-knuckled bonds

Of your grammatical jailor's brawny grasp.

Peredhil summons Power and uses the titianium quill tip to slash the Runes of Release around the stanzas. A Portal opens to Ozymandias languishing in the grip of Confusion and the verse flees down the into his cell, providing a Map. Stepping back, Peredhil tosses the Pen into the Portal as it begins to implode, hoping it will reach the Founder.

Sensing a faint contact, he knits his brows together in intense concentration, pouring his very essence into maintaining the spell's power - even as a brief smile of nostalgic pleasure plays across his face.

"Hurry," he whispers in strain, "Hurry!"

An azure flash paints a sudden stark shadow against the ceiling as if a phantasmal train were running the rails of the pathfinder spell.

Elrond Peredhil was blown away as the spell collapsed birthing the body of the King. Peredhil was back on his feet in a flash ready to raise the Ringed hand when the Founder's chest shuddered into gasping life.

As Peredhil turns, he sees that the clutter and rubble has been removed.

With Ozymandias carried by the Giant Guinea Pigs, the party then exits out the back door from whence they came before Wyvern can return.

(Edited to comply with the Founders post. )

Edited by: peredhil31 at: 7/19/01 4:50:10 pm

After the demolition of his beautiful, expensively furnished office, Wyvern had gone into a state of shock (hence the stretcher). Thankfully, Bob the reporter had mentioned a 'HANDSOME payment' and the overgrown lizard had taken to the idea quite well...

Jumping out of his stretcher, Wyvern faces the numerous news cameras. Immediately, a seemingly infinite number of blood-thirsty reporters begin flooding him with questions.

"Mr. Wyvern, you actually SAW Ozymandias?!"

"Was he as mysterious as most people say?!"

"What were your initial impressions...?"

Bob Uppendown speaks up "About the contracts to your story!"

Wyvern raises his hands in the air in order to calm the news-hungry masses.

"Now now gentlemen... One at a time, please." Wyvern egoisticaly leans back against a wall "Bob, certainly I'll share my story with your news agency. It'll cost you though. I want 60% of the profits, along with a 1 trillion geld advance."

Bob Uppendown's jaw drops open.

"1 trillion in advance plus 60%!!?? But that's ABSURD!!!"

Wyvern clears his throat. "Having a sudden change of heart Bob...? I can certainly sell it to another news agency..."

Bob sighs heavily, clawing at his hair. "No, wait! We'll take it, we'll take it..."

Wyvern grins sinisterly "Good..." He then takes what appears to be a pad of paper and a pen.

"Ozymandias touched this pen and paper..." Wyvern lies "Biddings start at 2,000,000 geld!"

An enormous flock of Ozymandias fanatics rush to Wyvern waving enormous wads of geld and yelling numbers

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"I'll put it in lamer terms:

If you came to learn how to make fire,

COME I'LL MAKE YOU BURN!"

-Big Pun, R.I.P

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

• 2 weeks later...

Peredhil smiles happily at the Founder

We've just been waiting for you to post under an Ezboard account oh King of Kings. Until you do, we have nothing on which to inscribe the Runes of Welcome and Access.

If you wish, I'd be happy to email you the passwords I know.

Just message me at Peredhil31@hotmail.com.

Peredhil leans across the table and clasps forearms

And welcome back!

"And the final seals are BROKEN!!", bellows the aged Egyptian, thrusting his fists into the air.

A passing page jumps at the sudden outburst. Eyeing Ozymandias warily as he picks up now scattered parchment and pens, the man scowls at the odd nuisance. With one mighty leap he rescues the last sonnet from being blown away in the wind. Completely oblivious, the fallen king takes a deep breath of fresh air and smiles. I must go to Wyvern, and make an official petition now. With purposeful stride, he sets off to the Recruiter's Office. Walking quickly, his smile begins to fade a bit. Worry creases his brow.

After all this time, can I still do it? My magic is as strong as ever, but my mind... There's only so much one man can take. His smile falls a little further. For a moment, the time ravaged yet regal face slips into despair.

But only for a moment. In a flash, his pace quickens twice over. His jaw is set. By God, this is where I belong. And come Hell or Armageddon, I will serve with them. No matter what that service may be. In three steadily measured steps, he comes to a halt before the door marked with the crest of a geld piece with scaled red wings spread wide. Ozymandias, king of kings, begins to conjure.

Wvyern looks up from his ledger with a start as he finally realizes that two translucent servants stand by his office door. They are two tall bald men, barechested and muscular. Their only clothing is light-colored cloths with silver trim wrapped around their lower torsos, and elaborate sandals on their feet. Each also sports a sheathed dagger at his left hip. Recognizing their energy immediately as being mirage monsters, he becomes suspicious. And a little paranoid.

Without opening their mouths, they say in perfect unison,

"Our great master, the one known as Ozymandias, king of kings, the sand king, and the son of Seti I wishes to bid you greeting and comes to seek your council. Shall you make ready for the honored guest?" They pause, waiting.

"Of course, of course. Send him in!", replies Wyvern, putting on his best salesman grin. I hope he doesn't want his cut of the book royalties, I hope he doesn't...

"Ozymandias comes.", they announce. Turning on their heels and marching through the wall in tandem, they are gone. There is a knock at the door. Wvern's left eye strays over to the wobbling tower in his 'IN' box for the barest second. By sheer chance, the one readable document right at eye level is stampe in the livid red URGENT! Gaze almost magnetically repelled by imperative work, his eye stops dead as he spies the name in the barely visible first line: Ozymandias. Snatching it with the lighting reflexes and deft touch that only a Wvyern in dire financial peril has, he skims hastily through and nearly lets out a joyful yell. There is another, harder knock at the door.

"Come in!", calls Wyvern gaily, smile firmly in place. The door opens, and The drunken Phantasm mage walks in. Shutting the door carefully behind him, Ozymandias bows respectfully, and barely before he has had time to straighten, Wyvern is out of his chair and in front of him, pumping the man's thin arm with his large claws like the lever of a slot machine. "OZ! It's great to see you, bucko, it's great to see you! Welcome back! It's been too long, we've all missed you so! I just got the word from on high himself- You're reinstated, effective immediately." His visitor bewildered, Wyvern's smile threatens to injure his facial muscles. "Welcome back, Honored Founder!" And with that, he engulfs the old egyptian in a bear hug the way only someone with arms almost as thick as your torso can.

" thank you, wyvern. good to see you, too." The stunned mage pats his old friend weakly on the back.

"*huuuuuk* Wy-vern...you're...crushing...me" Wyvern immediately releases the smaller man and backs up a bit.

"Sorry, old sot. I just got so, so, into the moment! Now, time's a wasting! You'll want to see Jechum, posthaste! There's lots of guild matters that've changed since you were gone, new blood; Shoot, even Terra's a bit different! You'll need to get set up in your quarters, find some servants..." Wyvern babbles on excitedly, all the while steering Ozymandias back through the door. "...to say nothing of what we'll have for dinner tonight! Better get moving! I'll see you then!" And with a friendly heave, propels his now thoroughly confused guest out the door.

"Ah, I'll see you!", calls Ozy over his shoulder. Wyvern smiles even wider still, gives a little wave, and shuts the door. He slumps against it.

"Whoo..."

Edited by: Ozymandias the Elder at: 8/2/01 4:53:54 pm

And the Elder is unmasked and the Founder has returned!

Welcome back!

Your proper title of Founder has been given to you as you grace these boards Ozymadias the Elder for you are a visitor now under that name no more.

Jechum Newbie, Mage of Shadows

[image]members.optushome.com.au/witchylove/Jechum5.jpg[/image]

Welcome Ozymandias. It is good to see you again.

~Zool~

Elder of Elders, The Pen is Mightier than the Sword.

Bard of Terra, Patron Saint of Aspiring Bards.

Elder than dirt, more foolish than a jester, able to trip over the smallest logic in a single step. It's... Oh, you know.

Thank you both. It's good to be back.

Ozymandias

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Founding Elder

And on the pedestal these words appear:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains: round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

-"Ozymandias", P.B. Shelley

Edited by: Ozymandias the Elder at: 8/2/01 5:11:50 pm