The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Good Friday

Ozymandias

Today is Good Friday, when the death of Jesus Christ is celebrated. In honor of that, I make the motion for all of us to take the time to remember everyone who has died for us: soldiers, policemen, firemen, parents, siblings, friends, spouses, complete strangers and all others who have died a physical death that we might have our lives; and those who have died to themselves, given up something very important for us in order that we may have what we do. Let us remember them and live to be the best people we can be to honor them.

Nyyak with sweaty palms looks around hesatanly.

"I'm not so sure guys." He says to the small dark figures perched on his shoulders.

"Aww come on, do it, be a Crow" they Caw.

Slowly, he approaches Vulture Girl.

"You know Vulture Girl, I'm often called Crow boy," He says really fast, "and I was wondering if you like to have dinner at my place".

He almost turns around, but then realizes he should wait for the 'No'.

Guest Minta Rose

I found the after-Easter sales. They were OUT of Cadbury Creme Eggs, but I stocked up on Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Which means I still need the former. . .(starts pawing through Ozy's stash). . .ooo, hollow milk chocolate bunnies, didn't have any of those either!

Guest Lord Seth Exodus

Happy Easter, all! God bless; that is the point of this day. I pray you all remember it well.

Sincerely,

Seth Exodus

Initiate of The Pen

Guest Rezure

I feel a "True Meaning of Easter" special coming on...

Speaking of that, I was always wondering, and wanted to ask you: why (profanity I was about to use here omitted due to remembering it's an Easter thread) is Easter Monday a Holiday? I mean He had already arisen by the day before, so what are you celebrating now? It doesn't even have a name to it like "Good Friday" or "Palm Sunday" or "Ash Wednesday." Is it just tacked on so that people don't feel jipped at always having Easter on a sunday and therefore not getting any time off, or is there some sort of significance to it??

As I was writing, I re-realised we have Easter to thank for the five-day week in the first place. So having Easter Monday because people feel Easter didn't give them a day off is a rather crappy excuse - it gives them 52 days off every year...

Some people got Monday off? sighs

I wouldn't get too hung up on it.

The difference between the secular, religion, and Christianity is often blurred, specially to the advantage of individuals. An intelligent person can rationalize anything.

Guest Belizean1

Zoink!

My spring break was last week. I got to spend a nice leisurely week re-reading my Wheel of Time series. So nice....

Went to Church 3 times in one week. I think that is a record for me.....

Happy (belated) Easter everyone.