The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Dynamic Tension

Peredhil

Guest Raging Goat

Guess I should've made it clearer just how silly I thought it was that you were giving me those tips on how to debate. Not only the fact that you were giving me tips, not only the manner in which you gave them, but the tips themselves as well...

Your advice was neither useful nor relevent.

I don't mean to sound harsh, because I'm certain you were offering it genuinely and sincerely, but it did come off as condescending. All the more so because the advice was worthless and seemingly random (because you weren't party to the situation, I'm sure). I'd want someone to tell me if I did that myself.

But that bit aside, I do enjoy your writings in the library and conservatory here, and I'm glad it ended as amicably as one could expect too

RagingGoat

Guest Minta Rose

I see now--too late, just as before. Strings of interpersonal connections are perfectly clear. The snapping of the barrier between real life and UBB life alerted me, and stunk here because this was the field chosen to continue the argument.

Will the Pen still be a Real Life Free zone, as I had assumed, or an extension of it, as the string-twangers have made it? Please rule, and I shall keep that ruling.

--Tzimfemme, the Naked Mage

Wyvern rushes up to Ozymandias and begins rapidly looking him over and taking measurements of his figure. Before Ozy can utter so much as a word, Wyv hushes him and mutters:

"Alright Ozymandias... I think I see where the problem is. We need a total make-over..."

"Ehhhh?"

Wyvern grabs Ozymandias by the arm and drags him into a dressing room, shutting the door behind him. The voice of Wyvern can be heard from behind as he exclaims "But it'll cost you!!!". This is followed by several gales of manical laughter, along with a buzzing sound and a shriek of horror from Ozymandias. After about 20 minutes or so, there is silence. The door to the dressing room opens... and Ozymandias steps out.

What a change!!!

Ozy's old robes had been replaced with a black-leather jacket sown into a multi-color quilt and chain medallions. There was a huge gold ring going through his nose, and his white hair had been colored an abysmal neon pink. His normally calm, natural looking haircut had been changed into a half-mohalk half-buzzcut...

"Ladies and gentlemen... Wyvern proudly presents... Ozymandias, the anti-cliche statement!"

*Half of the Archmages in the room go blind*

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Minta,

As my last post suggested, we'll be a 'Real Life Free' zone. (although we may occasionaly set up real life gatherings, you've been warned... )

Any other action involving one's personal relations meddling with the Pen's society and systems will not be tolerated. This case was the only exception.

------------------------------

Almost a Dragon...

"My life is like one big crime: I try to scheme through it." -Common, "The 6th Sense"

Owner of the Decanter of Endless Booze.

Peredhil looks the Ancient Founder of the Pen up and down thoughtfully.

You know, it gives our Jefe a certain... je ne sais quoi.

I like it.

Peredhil applauds vigorously.

Turning to Minta, he hands her a Pixy Stix Politely.

I'd prefer to keep the Pen as a Literary Guild, and the Real Life aspects in remote support.

Thus I'll celebrate a Real Life birthday if I know one, but it might be just as fun or more fun to celebrate the birthday of a Personae or Character.

This issue most properly belongs in the Member's area - as the Pen exists to support them.

All people deserve the government and Rules they choose.

*Ching!* *Ching!*

Peredhil puts his two cents in.

Jechum floats in…

Frankly, my dear I don’t give a damn.

Well actually I do… so what does one say at a time like this?

“The Pen is Mightier than the Sword”

Friendships are gained and lost in a written word.

I am unlike most of you, for I have little skill in the written word.

I find it very difficult to write each word.

I search and hunt for what I want to say and still find myself unable to communicate.

I will not edit or delete another’s work for I know how hard I have to work to create my own.

I can’t set back the wheel of time; I play the cards that life has dealt to me.

I will only request that in the future outlets that are directed on a personal level be left for a more private form. Especially if clear clues are give as to the identity of that person.

I may not like what has been said, and I may even disagree but I will say this…

I will die for your right to say it and let the law handle the rest.

In my case my country might soon ask me to put that statement to the test.

Jechum floats out…

• 2 weeks later...