The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

What music are you currently listening to?

The Portrait of Zool

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could hear it...

Unfortunately, though the speakers do sound MUCH better there is some tweaking to be done. I have actually endeavored to build my own speakers, which isn't going so well, but means I have some cool things like a sound measurement system. I have a few 'tweaks' in mind, which I then have to test to see how they go. Perhaps in an hour or so I'll have one speaker up and running with the mods to test, and if they are staisfactory modify the second one tomorrow, and if not...

I am jonesing for music!!! :O

:P

Edited by The Portrait of Zool

Wish I could hear it...

Unfortunately, though the speakers do sound MUCH better there is some tweaking to be done. I have actually endeavored to build my own speakers, which isn't going so well, but means I have some cool things like a sound measurement system. I have a few 'tweaks' in mind, which I then have to test to see how they go. Perhaps in an hour or so I'll have one speaker up and running with the mods to test, and if they are staisfactory modify the second one tomorrow, and if not...

I am jonesing for music!!! :O

:P

Look for this podcast entitled "How to do it", hosted by Nash Bozard and Lordkat. They cover a loooot of tech, but go into a decent amount of user-friendly depth on audio amongst their other topics.

As for me (in the imediate sense), I found inspration in a mishmash of Linkin Park, Archive, and Dr. Steel as I read and posted just today to the Death of the Mighty Pen/Boaz Room thingummy we've got going here.

Recent finds (and infatuations/lifelong love affairs) include Steam Powered Giraffe (SO. FUN.), The Submarines (ohmygoodnesssoprettyandchilling), Parov Stelar, and Family Force 5 (this latter being quite SO rockin' that I blew out my car's speakers...).

I'm so bad... :P

Yes...you are! But also silly...and we all need some silly. (Confession time -- I was one of the backup dancers for my favorite camp counselor (read that as sexy, college-aged camp counselor worthy of a crush) when he performed this song for a talent night. Fun times waaaay back when!)

Inspired by The Death of Rats, and in honor of coming across his "What?" post today just hours after jamming to this tune on my way to work (Once it came on the radio I cranked it up and sang at the top of my lungs with such emotion...I would have fit right in with them: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b60e20a654/hold-me-closer-tony-danza)

Don't you just love synchronicity? :wink:

Happy Friday, everyone (unless you're living in NZ or some other far-off land where it's already Saturday...)

Edited by Brighid of Byrness